Author

Topic: [ANN] (WC) | WhiteCoin | BIG NEWS: Foundation, investors & more ☯ whitecoin.info - page 324. (Read 759219 times)

Activity: 238
Merit: 100
You guys are all fuck tards for saying people are banking off this massive dump right now. YEAH YOUR GUYS ARE BUYING A TON OF CHEAP SHITCOIN. this coin will never go past 1k satoshis again. Goodluck you fuckin idiots

Seriously, what are you doing here? Let me say who's tard... YOU. And by the way, this will go past 1k sat in 12 hours.
Activity: 33
Merit: 0
You guys are all fuck tards for saying people are banking off this massive dump right now. YEAH YOUR GUYS ARE BUYING A TON OF CHEAP SHITCOIN. this coin will never go past 1k satoshis again. Goodluck you fuckin idiots

Why are you so butthurt?
Activity: 531
Merit: 500
Gonna send a few BTC to mintpal and get wc. Please keep price under 850 next half hour.
Activity: 84
Merit: 10
Activity: 4
I shouldn't be commenting on code that is on the repository because it was just taken off:

Revert "Add POS Cutoff Block"

This reverts commit fed2cca.

Code:
-static const int CUTOFF_POW_BLOCK = 30000;
why not start pos minting tomorrow or in few days.

also pow minting should go on for many years right but the rewards are just 10 coin per block?  maybe best to chop that down to 2 coins for inflation reasons on top of the POS coins.

Why is pow stopping at 30k?  just leaving a few miners on the POW would help with security right?

We need to know what params are getting changed really.

They reversed the changes on the master branch.
They put them on a "POS fixed" branch, certainly to test them a bit before diffusion.

From what i see, the didn t change a lot

just the min and max age, and they did stop Pow at 30k
Activity: 140
The way mogonzo and company handled this whole thing enrages me. They could've simply said: "There is a problem with the code, we're releasing a new wallet and forking it tomorrow."

Instead they said we have an emergency situation cause of a block chain vulnerability, and don't know what to do or where the dev is. This resulted in a massive panic sale and the shutdown of all exchanges.

A pile of horse shit could do better PR. I'm selling immediately when I can, all the real crypto people will too. This is going to 10 satoshis.

I agree that he probably could have handled it a little bit better, but he was trying to do the right thing. With more and more people realizing PoS was broken over the last 24-48 hours and almost nobody mining the PoW the blockchain was  extremely vulnerable. A relatively small amount of hashpower could have 51% attacked this coin very easily in the past 48 hours. It is much safer now that he got a lot of people to start emergency mining PoW to secure it.

KingSchultz you are here?
1000 welcome, will you support WC now?
we like you

No, sorry. I'm not investing in WC but I'm not against WC or trolling... consider me neutral like Switzerland here. Cheesy I stayed up watching this whole situation unfold for hours on IRC last night because it was a very interesting situation in crypto. I just posted because I don't think it's fair that some posters here are trashing Mogonzo hard. IMO, what he did was definitely in the best interest for the future of your coin. There is a large chance that this coin would be much worse off right now if he did not act. Wish you guys luck.
legendary
Activity: 1022
Merit: 1010
Activity: 224
legendary
Activity: 1022
Merit: 1010
legendary
Activity: 2100
Merit: 1167
MY RED TRUST LEFT BY SCUMBAGS - READ MY SIG

also pow minting should go on for many years right but the rewards are just 10 coin per block?  maybe best to chop that down to 2 coins for inflation reasons on top of the POS coins.

Why is pow stopping at 30k?  just leaving a few miners on the POW would help with security right?

We need to know what params are getting changed really.
Activity: 211
So...
WC Wallet is good now ? POS is working ?

We have to let everyone of us the time to update the wallet.

Well i think that s the reason, i m not part of the team Wink
Activity: 196
AHAHAHAHAHAHAHAH

http://prntscr.com/3e125l

From #mintpal

that is crazy? coins can not dictate which other coins get added to an exchange?  

hahaha you tell him that Smiley
Activity: 224
Activity: 112
legendary
Activity: 2100
Merit: 1167
MY RED TRUST LEFT BY SCUMBAGS - READ MY SIG
+unsigned int nStakeMinAge = 60 * 60 * 24 * 28;   // minimum age for coin age: 2d
+unsigned int nStakeMaxAge = 60 * 60 * 24 * 56;   // stake age of full weight: -1

wait, coin is 14 days old? or how old is this coin? why is minage set to 28 days then?

minimum coinage will be 28 days
max will be 56

edit: sorry misundertood . Coin age is currently 14 days. So POS will kick in in 14 days.

so we will only know if it works in 14 days?

well hold on how old are the original coins now? or will these get reset on new qt?

coinage will not be reset since they are based on the txin/txout ( cant remember ) of the coin.

the timestamps wont change

Ok cool.  Planned coin control would be nice for a wallet in the near future.
Activity: 4
Take note that PoW goes too block 30k:

Code:
static const int CUTOFF_POW_BLOCK = 30000;

Currently "blocks" are 11788.
Jump to: