Author

Topic: [ANN] (WC) | WhiteCoin | BIG NEWS: Foundation, investors & more ☯ whitecoin.info - page 497. (Read 759219 times)

Activity: 700
Merit: 500
Activity: 266
Merit: 250
POOL FOR WHITECOIN
STRATUM and VARDIFF
1% FEES To Keep The Pools Running
FULLY AUTOMATIC POOL
51 DAYS UPTIME
SING UP RELAX AND ANJOY WE DO THE REST FOR YOU
Activity: 238
Merit: 100
Waffle pool really attacking white coin, dumping harder than ever. They have 5.5 million coins now. Price will remain low for awhile, at 1078 satoshis now.

You mean they're actually generating coins faster then they can dump?

That would not surprise me at all

Thank wafflepool for the cheap coins though. mfw I ain't even mad. Cheesy
Activity: 182
Is there a countdown to how many blocks or how much time is left?
Waffle pool really attacking white coin, dumping harder than ever. They have 5.5 million coins now. Price will remain low for awhile, at 1078 satoshis now.

So it appears dumping might continue long after the PoW stage.  Wink Ok that's not funny considering I just bought some.  Undecided
Activity: 308

Activity: 560
Activity: 560
Noob to the forum here (well, I've been reading it on and off for quite a while now - so not a total noob I guess). Thought I'd share my design ideas for whitecoin - I'm a graphic designer by trade so thought I'd chip in - anything to help make the coin a success! Let me know your thoughts or if you'd like to see any amends.

Cheers
Nate

I like your logos. Better than actual!
But still is not something that I would call "awesome"...
But in whitecoin logo it's not easy to create something more than white color and "W" letter....
But maybe we need something more than this 2 elements?

I don't know what but I'm curious...
Activity: 112
Merit: 10
SCryptoMiners Update:

Our Whitecoin pool is back online:
http://wc.scryptominers.com
Activity: 322
It's funny how people get so upset about a small premine on a coin. I don't think most people understand how expensive it actually is for a development team to release a coin. It's like people expect the developers to just spend thousands of dollars on the development, servers, PR, release, and support of a coin, and expect absolutely nothing in return. A developer of BlackCoin, rat0, stated he only received around 40K USD worth of donations for developing BlackCoin. This figure doesn't take into consideration the time and money he invested into BlackCoin. 40K USD is about as much as a lower middle-class individual makes per year in the US. It is not exactly a lot of money.

I could be wrong, but I think he stated that back when the coin was worth under 10k satoshi. If so, and if he didn't sell the BC he was donated back when it was that price (not to mention the BC he likely mined- I can't imagine a dev not mining their own coin on release), then that 40k USD of donations is now... maybe 200k USD?

He stated the ~40K USD figure when cryptorush was hacked, and fyrstikken threatened to kill him. The price of BC took a hit when cryptorush announced the news. It's very likely that he could have made, or is making a lot of money off of BlackCoin; however, success is not guaranteed. Under the right circumstances BlackCoin could have failed miserably, and whatever costs associated with the development of BlackCoin would have never been recouped.
Activity: 868
Merit: 1000
It's funny how people get so upset about a small premine on a coin. I don't think most people understand how expensive it actually is for a development team to release a coin. It's like people expect the developers to just spend thousands of dollars on the development, servers, PR, release, and support of a coin, and expect absolutely nothing in return. A developer of BlackCoin, rat0, stated he only received around 40K USD worth of donations for developing BlackCoin. This figure doesn't take into consideration the time and money he invested into BlackCoin. 40K USD is about as much as a lower middle-class individual makes per year in the US. It is not exactly a lot of money.

I could be wrong, but I think he stated that back when the coin was worth under 10k satoshi. If so, and if he didn't sell the BC he was donated back when it was that price (not to mention the BC he likely mined- I can't imagine a dev not mining their own coin on release), then that 40k USD of donations is now... maybe 200k USD?
Activity: 42
Merit: 0
Noob to the forum here (well, I've been reading it on and off for quite a while now - so not a total noob I guess). Thought I'd share my design ideas for whitecoin - I'm a graphic designer by trade so thought I'd chip in - anything to help make the coin a success! Let me know your thoughts or if you'd like to see any amends.

Cheers
Nate

http://www.existcreative.co.uk/whitecoin2.png

http://www.existcreative.co.uk/whitecoin.png
Activity: 126
Activity: 479
nice new homepage design Smiley

text over the coin is a little hard to read though.

and the domain whiteco.in would be badass if anyone knows anything about registering domain names.
Activity: 98
Merit: 10
Did somebody talk about moving further?  Tongue

Current logo is fine, we will take this into consideration.
Activity: 266
DigiByte? Yes!
SCryptoMiners Whitecoin Pool
Current hash rate: 3,700 MH/s

http://wc.scryptominers.com

PPLNS
Round earnings credited after 350 confirms.
All block transaction fees are passed along to miners.
Minimum payout: 1 WC.

We process payouts every 60 seconds.

We run multiple mining pools seen in my signature below. You will be safe mining with us.

Private stratums IP's are available upon request for miners with greater than 50 mh/s.

Looks dead Angry

Went offline about an hour ago Sad

[2014-04-21 16:27:41] Stratum connection to pool 4 interrupted
 [2014-04-21 16:27:41] Pool 4 stratum+tcp://wc.scryptominers.com:3390 not responding!

Same here. Had 10k coins with them.  Hope i didn't get screwed.

However, there is a high likelihood they are getting DDoS'd or something. 

I sent them an email, got this reply:
 Whitecoin (2)
Me Problems with the Whitecoin site? The webpage is missing and the pool is down.
Today at 5:01 PM
Scrypto Miners
To Me
Today at 5:47 PM

Yes we are working on fixing the problem. It will be back online soon.

so, hopefully they won't be down too long
So where is actual logo ?

First page

Ohhh, so this is what I called "Boring" logo Smiley

I think actual is better than one of those which was choosen before, like this:

But if community think that changing logo at the moment is necessary, come on.

The thing that bothers me about this logo is why is the shadow a "D" shape. Shouldn't it be a "W"?

EDIT: I honestly think this one would be a lot better without any shadow. And maybe make the Whitecoin name at the bottom slightly bigger. Also there's some pretty bad aliasing on the W.
Jump to: