Pages:
Author

Topic: [ANN] [XCH] ★ ClearingHouse - Freedom by Blockchain ★ - page 33. (Read 119122 times)

Activity: 602
Merit: 295
Hail Eris!
If we don't need to be online for an action(trade) to be executed that would be so great !
Because right now, it's hard to do it, as people seem to open fake trades on purpose and logout, making you waste ur time. Looking forward to it

If I get that right, any pair with VIA (right now) in the buy/sell side you need to be online for the trade to execute ? But if I trade XCH/"My Asset" I don't need to be online for it to execute ?

1. Assets traded between each other or with XCH are automatically settled.
2. Assets with VIA need to be manually settled or leave the clearwallet open.

In the future, 2. will go away and all will become 1

Excellent, thanks for your answer.

I stay online and rarely get a transaction to go through, or show up.  A new system needs to be implemented.

While it may not be the answer clearinghouse needs, a system using 'trust nodes' to hold onto the funds involved in some pending trade (like escrow nodes) so that the trade can be made regardless of whether both parties are ever online at the same time.    A rating would be given to each node based on the percentage of time it is online, and the amount of succesful trades it has been involved in.  Over time nodes can establish themselves as trustworthy escrow node, but since we want to limit risk the escrow nodes would only be allowed to hold so much.  Ideally a lot of escrow nodes would establish allowing the peer to peer network to act as escrow.  If one goes down, so what - it can get fined (uses its own coins as collateral or something) and it won't really hurt the system.

Are people doing something like this?
Activity: 294
Merit: 250
I dont remember if I posted this here, but we have a block explorer for XCH at http://xch.blockscan.com/
Also 660k viacoins converted to XCH so far.

And a new video: http://blog.viacoin.org/2014/08/17/1-issue-assets.html

hey sir,thanks for the updates, can you confirm what the market cap would be @ this current price we are buying in at?
Activity: 784
Merit: 500
so according to my calculations, im buying in XCH at an equivalent market cap of 10million usd. is that about correct, seems high

Kiss
Activity: 294
so according to my calculations, im buying in XCH at an equivalent market cap of 10million usd. is that about correct, seems high
Activity: 212
Merit: 100
I'm getting so bleak with Cryptsy....been waiting to withdraw some coin to burn but they are doing wallet maintenance :/. Getting pissed off actually since it's been like this the last 3 days.
Activity: 468
401540 via burned so far. couple days in and 40,154,000xch sold, This is turning out to be the ethereum of viacoin.
Activity: 340
Merit: 251
I have setup a https://twitter.com/clearwallet account. I'll tweet here when we apply updates to the server.
Please do not put support requests here, please send PM.
any positive tweets to RT ;-)?
legendary
Activity: 1148
Merit: 1000

wow that's some leaked informations there. time to BUY!!!!

to buy via or XCH?.  maybe both of them  Grin
Activity: 404
https://nxtforum.org/

wow that's some leaked informations there. time to BUY!!!!
legendary
Funny you mention bter. Is it a joke? Bter is (half) dead at this moment. Centralized exchanges suck terribly. This should be taken as an opportunity for VIA and CH.

Escrow for bitcoins is necessary. Decentralized exchanges are needed more then before. If Black/ Bit Halo and Nighttrader can do this , why not ClearingHouse? Syscoin devs also claim they are working on an escrow. Is it not one of CH development priorities?

Escrow is on it's way already.

nice we have this development plan!
legendary
will we have a XCH/BTC pair when the burning period ends?

At the moment there is no cross chain support. This is where sidechains and treechains would need to come in. It is something an exchange like Bter could do though...

how about we have a pair at bittrex XCH/BTC when burning period ends?
legendary
Activity: 1064
Funny you mention bter. Is it a joke? Bter is (half) dead at this moment. Centralized exchanges suck terribly. This should be taken as an opportunity for VIA and CH.

Escrow for bitcoins is necessary. Decentralized exchanges are needed more then before. If Black/ Bit Halo and Nighttrader can do this , why not ClearingHouse? Syscoin devs also claim they are working on an escrow. Is it not one of CH development priorities?

Escrow is on it's way already.
Activity: 249

legendary

At the moment there is no cross chain support. This is where sidechains and treechains would need to come in. It is something an exchange like Bter could do though...
Activity: 214
If we don't need to be online for an action(trade) to be executed that would be so great !
Because right now, it's hard to do it, as people seem to open fake trades on purpose and logout, making you waste ur time. Looking forward to it

If I get that right, any pair with VIA (right now) in the buy/sell side you need to be online for the trade to execute ? But if I trade XCH/"My Asset" I don't need to be online for it to execute ?

Excellent, thanks for your answer.
legendary
legendary

Activity: 214

legendary
I'm selling into a buy order at the bid price and it's not clearing. Why would that be? Does the seller have to be online or something?

If the pair is VIA, then the seller (currently) has to be online. If it's an asset like XCH or something else, then they do not have to be online.

Selling XCH/Via pair. So, that means they have to be online?

Correct. In a within couple of weeks they wont need to be. A patch is in the works.

So that would account for the low number of orders in the exchange... Damn.

Not particularly. There is no incentive to trade VIA/XCH when you can get it at a fixed rate for now.
Activity: 191
I'm selling into a buy order at the bid price and it's not clearing. Why would that be? Does the seller have to be online or something?

If the pair is VIA, then the seller (currently) has to be online. If it's an asset like XCH or something else, then they do not have to be online.

Selling XCH/Via pair. So, that means they have to be online?

Correct. In a within couple of weeks they wont need to be. A patch is in the works.

So that would account for the low number of orders in the exchange... Damn.
Pages:
Jump to: