Pages:
Author

Topic: [ANN] [XCH] ★ ClearingHouse - Freedom by Blockchain ★ - page 32. (Read 119122 times)

legendary
Activity: 1064
Merit: 1000
Any ETA on desktop version? My U.S. state doesn't yet know what a Bitcoin is.

No ETA, but it wont be long either.
legendary
Its quiet up here. Any news on XCH adding to exchanges?

You can trade XCH directly in clearwallet on the DEX. Additionally at the moment it doesnt make sense for any exchange to pick up XCH because the cheapest price will always be from the direct conversion in clearwallet. that doesnt finish until around September 25/26th (block number 251100)
legendary
Activity: 1133
Merit: 1050
I see we need to keep Clearwallet open so our market orders get filled. What's the timeout period if we keep it open on a tab in the background? Is there an inactivity timeout?

I have tried to stay logged in on a dedicated machine and either my wallet times out after a period of inactivity or my orders are being skipped. Thoughts?
Activity: 809
Merit: 1002
Its quiet up here. Any news on XCH adding to exchanges?
Activity: 614
Merit: 254
Havin problems with clerawallet

failoverAPI: Call failed (failed over across all servers). Method: get_market_details; Last error: Request Time out.

Every 30 sec i got this message.
Activity: 462
Merit: 250
On clearinghouse testnet it says I can't do a distribution from a coin I created because it's not legal in my country. However since it's testnet it's allowed? Is this accurate and based on regulations? How do I get around this rule in nontestnet?

Proxy/VPN perhaps

I'll remove the ruleset there. Try in a couple of minutes
Wait, so distributions are now allowed in nontestnet?

No. It's banned for US IP addresses on mainnet. Allowed on testnet since it's testnet is just a playground. Once we release a desktop version you can run clearwallet according to your own rules. For now, it's just a precaution against overreaching US regulations. Get ready for NYC based bans across all the crypto world too if NYDFS pass their bitlicense. Even Circle is talking about banning NYC from it's products if the law passes in it's current proposed form.

Any ETA on desktop version? My U.S. state doesn't yet know what a Bitcoin is.
Activity: 809
Merit: 1002
I tried to send 10 via coin to the clear wallet, however they have not yet arrived.

txid: cde20ed24e62b057a7316179447aa31fca9b87253123607f6abc8b8e060592c0

Could someone tell me what i did wrong?
legendary
Activity: 1647
Merit: 1012
Practising Hebrew before visiting Israel
The US thinks it's the center of the world.

UK lost the automobile industry to the US when they tried so many regulations in the late 19th century.
legendary
On clearinghouse testnet it says I can't do a distribution from a coin I created because it's not legal in my country. However since it's testnet it's allowed? Is this accurate and based on regulations? How do I get around this rule in nontestnet?

Proxy/VPN perhaps

No. It's banned for US IP addresses on mainnet. Allowed on testnet since it's testnet is just a playground. Once we release a desktop version you can run clearwallet according to your own rules. For now, it's just a precaution against overreaching US regulations. Get ready for NYC based bans across all the crypto world too if NYDFS pass their bitlicense. Even Circle is talking about banning NYC from it's products if the law passes in it's current proposed form.

Proxy/VPN perhaps

legendary

Proxy/VPN perhaps

Activity: 490

Proxy/VPN perhaps
legendary
ChompyZ,

Since we don't have a rich list yet. I checked the outstanding coin supply in the block explorer and then subtract the number of coins still unmoved (there's a date stamp) in the ICO wallets and then subtract again the number of viacoins in the burn address.

Simple, yes?

So basically, traders are just playing with some 7.7m coins in all exchanges. To make it cheap, they induce dumps. Soon by mid-Sept, lesser number of Viacoins will be on the market because smart people will exchange them to XCH - where the "wow" features are really are. Viacoin is Bitcoin, Counterparty is Clearinghouse. As of this writing, 1 XCH is about 361 satoshis. For reference, Dogeparty (another Counterparty clone) is currently valued at 24,000 satoshis and 1 XCP is 295,000 satoshis.

So, I'm telling you to remember the ICO days when we are wishing no one will invest in Viacoin so the price stays below 1,000 satoshis and then the last three days, it shot up to 6,100 satoshis. This will happen again with Via and Clearinghouse, because 361 sats for one XCH is too cheap.

Approx. 7,726,284 viacoins left in the market and reducing

I don't understand. Can you please explain how you reached this number?
Is it total viacoins in supply, minus those burnt for XCH, minus those held by otoh?
What parameters do you include when reaching this number?

I think he means total number of viacoins mined http://viacoinexplorer.com/chain/Viacoin/q/totalbc
less coins sent to http://explorer.viacoin.org/address/Via2XCHoqQxACVuXf4vrajVDJetwVgxLMz
legendary

Is it total viacoins in supply, minus those burnt for XCH, minus those held by otoh?

I think he means total number of viacoins mined http://viacoinexplorer.com/chain/Viacoin/q/totalbc
less coins sent to http://explorer.viacoin.org/address/Via2XCHoqQxACVuXf4vrajVDJetwVgxLMz
Activity: 291

legendary
Approx. 7,726,284 viacoins left in the market and reducing - some still in ICO wallets while others exchanged to increasing no. of clearinghouse coins.

If there were 9m viacoins in the market, the price might have been cheaper.
Activity: 142
Merit: 100
Burned some VIA for XCH
Good job drak
legendary
Activity: 1148
will burn some viacoin to support.

legendary
I stay online and rarely get a transaction to go through, or show up.  A new system needs to be implemented.

While it may not be the answer clearinghouse needs, a system using 'trust nodes' to hold onto the funds involved in some pending trade (like escrow nodes) so that the trade can be made regardless of whether both parties are ever online at the same time.    A rating would be given to each node based on the percentage of time it is online, and the amount of succesful trades it has been involved in.  Over time nodes can establish themselves as trustworthy escrow node, but since we want to limit risk the escrow nodes would only be allowed to hold so much.  Ideally a lot of escrow nodes would establish allowing the peer to peer network to act as escrow.  If one goes down, so what - it can get fined (uses its own coins as collateral or something) and it won't really hurt the system.

Are people doing something like this?

There are not that many people using the system remember so volume low at the moment and there is zero incentive to trade XCH right now since you can always get the most preferential rate durnig the 45 day initialization period directly from the protocol. We are working on automating VIApay, please be patient. Any other pair will settle automatically at protocol level.
Pages:
Jump to: