Pages:
Author

Topic: [ANN] [XJO] Joulecoin | SHA256 | First SHA256 data coin | Major upgrade 0.10.4.2 - page 52. (Read 139724 times)

Activity: 27
Merit: 0
The new DiabloPool.com has added joulecoin as one of its core coins.
Activity: 546
Merit: 500
AKA The Rubber Monkey
is this coin under value right now or do i miss something?

It certainly looks undervalued to me. I've been mining the hell out of it. Ready for the price to go up. Smiley
Not saying that it is not, but what coin attributes cause you to believe that it's undervalued?

It's a solid, mature (over one year old) coin with a solid developer and small but dedicated community.

Right now, there are so many junk coins out there and people are getting tired of them. A shaking out has already begun and most of the garbage out there won't survive. All the money in junk coins has to go somewhere (assuming it doesn't leave crypto altogether), and those left standing will all benefit. I believe that Joulecoin will be one of those left standing.

It won't be the top coin. Hell, it probably won't be even near the top, but it will survive and it will rise in value. I'm not saying that anybody should sell the family farm and buy Joulecoin, but it might not hurt to point one of your mining rigs toward a Joulecoin mining pool.

That's just one man's opinion, for what it's worth.
legendary
Activity: 1260
Merit: 1001

It certainly looks undervalued to me. I've been mining the hell out of it. Ready for the price to go up. Smiley
Not saying that it is not, but what coin attributes cause you to believe that it's undervalued?
Activity: 546
AKA The Rubber Monkey

legendary
Activity: 1722
Merit: 1000
Activity: 651
Merit: 501
My PGP Key: 92C7689C
I compared the code and the Joulecoin and Bitcoin code is exactly the same.

Try modifying the HTTPAuthorized function in file src/rpcserver.cpp at line 374 to print to the debug.log the passwords it is comparing:

Tried that with the client...looks OK.  Tried with curl...why is the RPC username in one string and not the other?  Let's have another look at joulecoin.conf...

Somehow I had used "rpcusername=salfter" instead of "rpcuser=salfter" in there.

Just fired up MinerSwitcher, and XJO is showing up alongside the other coins.

legendary
This convo is to smart for me Sad...  I am la curious to the outcome though.
Activity: 56
Can you print out your raw http request?

I've put up screen captures from Wireshark here:

http://imgur.com/a/Sh2jx#0

Joulecoin:

Bitcoin:

I compared the code and the Joulecoin and Bitcoin code is exactly the same.

Try modifying the HTTPAuthorized function in file src/rpcserver.cpp at line 374 to print to the debug.log the passwords it is comparing:

Code:
bool HTTPAuthorized(map& mapHeaders)
{
    string strAuth = mapHeaders["authorization"];
    if (strAuth.substr(0,6) != "Basic ")
        return false;
    string strUserPass64 = strAuth.substr(6); boost::trim(strUserPass64);
    string strUserPass = DecodeBase64(strUserPass64);
    LogPrintf("1:%s 2:%s\n", strUserPass, strRPCUserColonPass); // ADD THIS LINE
    return TimingResistantEqual(strUserPass, strRPCUserColonPass);
}
Can you print out your raw http request?

I've put up screen captures from Wireshark here:

http://imgur.com/a/Sh2jx#0

Joulecoin:

Bitcoin:

In addition to that, I've tried sending RPC commands with curl as described in the Bitcoin wiki:

Code:
curl --user user --data-binary '{"jsonrpc": "1.0", "id":"curltest", "method": "getinfo", "params": [] }' -H 'content-type: text/plain;' http://127.0.0.1:8844/

This fails with a 401 error.

It should work the same as bitcoind.

This is the relevant code in rpcserver.cpp.

Do you get "ThreadRPCServer incorrect password attempt from ...." in your debug.log? Can you print out your raw http request?

Yes...even though the password is correct.

Throwing -v in to the options to curl, I get this:

Code:
Enter host password for user 'salfter': [password pasted in here]
* Hostname was NOT found in DNS cache
*   Trying 127.0.0.1...
* Connected to 127.0.0.1 (127.0.0.1) port 8844 (#0)
* Server auth using Basic with user 'salfter'
> POST / HTTP/1.1
> Authorization: Basic [base64 encoding of RPC password redacted]
> User-Agent: curl/7.35.0
> Host: 127.0.0.1:8844
> Accept: */*
> content-type: text/plain;
> Content-Length: 71
>
* upload completely sent off: 71 out of 71 bytes
* HTTP 1.0, assume close after body
< HTTP/1.0 401 Authorization Required
< Date: Wed, 03 Dec 2014 20:05:43 +0000
< Server: joulecoin-json-rpc/v0.9.2.2-beta
* Authentication problem. Ignoring this.
< WWW-Authenticate: Basic realm="jsonrpc"
< Content-Type: text/html
< Content-Length: 296
<
"http://www.w3.org/TR/1999/REC-html401-19991224/loose.dtd">

Error

401 Unauthorized.

* Closing connection 0

The same transaction against bitcoind, by comparison, looks like this:

Code:
Enter host password for user 'salfter': [password pasted in here]
* Hostname was NOT found in DNS cache
*   Trying 127.0.0.1...
* Connected to 127.0.0.1 (127.0.0.1) port 8332 (#0)
* Server auth using Basic with user 'salfter'
> POST / HTTP/1.1
> Authorization: Basic [base64 encoding of RPC password redacted]
> User-Agent: curl/7.35.0
> Host: 127.0.0.1:8332
> Accept: */*
> content-type: text/plain;
> Content-Length: 71
>
* upload completely sent off: 71 out of 71 bytes
< HTTP/1.1 200 OK
< Date: Wed, 03 Dec 2014 20:08:43 +0000
< Connection: keep-alive
< Content-Length: 456
< Content-Type: application/json
* Server bitcoin-json-rpc/v0.9.99.0-c1def0d is not blacklisted
< Server: bitcoin-json-rpc/v0.9.99.0-c1def0d
<
{"result":{"version":99900,"protocolversion":70002,"walletversion":60000,"balance":0.93079170,"blocks":332738,"timeoffset":0,"connections":8,"proxy":"","difficulty":40007470271.27126312,"testnet":false,"keypoololdest":1415387100,"keypoolsize":99,"unlocked_until":0,"paytxfee":0.00000000,"relayfee":0.00001000,"errors":"This is a pre-release test build - use at your own risk - do not use for mining or merchant applications"},"error":null,"id":"curltest"}
* Connection #0 to host 127.0.0.1 left intact
Activity: 56

In addition to that, I've tried sending RPC commands with curl as described in the Bitcoin wiki:

Code:
curl --user user --data-binary '{"jsonrpc": "1.0", "id":"curltest", "method": "getinfo", "params": [] }' -H 'content-type: text/plain;' http://127.0.0.1:8844/

This fails with a 401 error.  It works against bitcoind (and, presumably, the other coin daemons...also tested it against 42, for instance), but not joulecoind.  I'm giving it the same password that's in .joulecoin/joulecoin.conf, so that isn't it.

It should work the same as bitcoind.

This is the relevant code in rpcserver.cpp.

Do you get "ThreadRPCServer incorrect password attempt from ...." in your debug.log? Can you print out your raw http request?

Code:
        // Check authorization
        if (mapHeaders.count("authorization") == 0)
        {
            conn->stream() << HTTPReply(HTTP_UNAUTHORIZED, "", false) << std::flush;
            break;
        }
        if (!HTTPAuthorized(mapHeaders))
        {
            LogPrintf("ThreadRPCServer incorrect password attempt from %s\n", conn->peer_address_to_string());
            /* Deter brute-forcing short passwords.
               If this results in a DoS the user really
               shouldn't have their RPC port exposed. */
            if (mapArgs["-rpcpassword"].size() < 20)
                MilliSleep(250);

conn->stream() << HTTPReply(HTTP_UNAUTHORIZED, "", false) << std::flush;
            break;
        }
I'm looking at adding Joulecoin to my MinerSwitcher setup, but I've run into a snag: I can't get the block reward out of joulecoind.

[...]

It's hard to reach any other conclusion than that there's a bug somewhere in the Joulecoin codebase, given that I have 25 other coins configured and running properly with the same code.

Are you sure you have the correct port, port is open, etc?

Try telnet to the host/port and see if you can connect.

The getblocktemplate command returns the information you are looking for:

Code:
{
"coinbasevalue" : 1600000000,
}

Code:

This fails with a 401 error.  It works against bitcoind (and, presumably, the other coin daemons...also tested it against 42, for instance), but not joulecoind.  I'm giving it the same password that's in .joulecoin/joulecoin.conf, so that isn't it.
legendary
legendary
Activity: 1470
Merit: 1010
Join The Blockchain Revolution In Logistics
the xJo wallet should have the words written on this cats wallet Wink  ... that's what kind of coin this is
... and the O is silent

I'm sorry, did I break your concentration? I didn't mean to do that. Please, continue, you were saying something about ... transaction comments
legendary
Activity: 1470
Merit: 1010
Join The Blockchain Revolution In Logistics
Are you people mining just to keep the house warm or what?

Currently daily cost of running this network are:

0.039936 btc

Actually like this idea ... winter is here in the North ... why not promote Joule as the coin that pays you to heat the house Cheesy

Could be part of the long game plan ... selling heater/shaminers ... The Joule Unit (available for XJO only).

I don't think there is any need to rush to bump the price ... this coin halves every 2 years ... at year 4 things get interesting until then its a miners favorite.   
legendary
I've thrown some hashing at XJO. What is the best pool to use?

I use e-pool, I like the fact it shows up as mined coins.
Activity: 252
Merit: 250
why all the dumping now?

Dump them all to me. Good idea.  Grin
legendary
Activity: 1260
Merit: 1001
I've thrown some hashing at XJO. What is the best pool to use?
legendary
That is the metric I really really like about this coin.  Well and 45 second block time is pretty awesome.. and well SHA-256 so super computers don't stand a chance at 51%ing you need ASIC's.

I will mine this until all 3 of my S1's die... and then I'll just get another miner to mine it MUHAHAH!! Smiley.  I am about to shutdown two of them and they will be used as back up if my Joule miner goes down.
Activity: 742
what does this 'minimum reward' mean? What does that do?

Minimum payout amount per block.

who gets that? Everyone who is mining it gets that minimum payout? So mining joule means you get 0.001 xjo per block no matter what? Is this correct? (i am not a miner, that's why i need to ask)

It is the mining reward. Currently it is 16 XJO per block. After two years it halves to 8 XJO per block, then after another two years to 4 XJO, etc. until it reaches 0.001 XJO, then it stops decreasing and stays 0.001 XJO forever.

i see. Thanks for clarification  Smiley
Pages:
Jump to: