Pages:
Author

Topic: [ANN] [XJO] Joulecoin | SHA256 | First SHA256 data coin | Major upgrade 0.10.4.2 - page 53. (Read 139724 times)

Activity: 55
Merit: 0
what does this 'minimum reward' mean? What does that do?

Minimum payout amount per block.

who gets that? Everyone who is mining it gets that minimum payout? So mining joule means you get 0.001 xjo per block no matter what? Is this correct? (i am not a miner, that's why i need to ask)

It is the mining reward. Currently it is 16 XJO per block. After two years it halves to 8 XJO per block, then after another two years to 4 XJO, etc. until it reaches 0.001 XJO, then it stops decreasing and stays 0.001 XJO forever.
Activity: 742
Merit: 500

who gets that? Everyone who is mining it gets that minimum payout? So mining joule means you get 0.001 xjo per block no matter what? Is this correct? (i am not a miner, that's why i need to ask)
legendary
Activity: 1722
Merit: 1000

Activity: 742
Merit: 500
Activity: 252
Merit: 250
good distribution + dev never completely abandoned it + easy to activate community + miners like the coin, it is mined despite very low cap + nice features + no premine + exchange listing + wallet, explorer and chain works fine even after a year, did not even need to hardfork (or did it?) - fully functional +++

= much unrealised potential and therefore: under value

Give it a little make up (graphics, website, roadmap, youtube video etc) to be able to attract investors and this can go Top 100 maybe in the future.
Very cheap right now for all these circumstances. But try to not pump it now like crazy because the inflation is still high until first halving next year. I would recommend sustainable growthpattern. It is still accumulation time for next 10 months. I hope some people come out of the woodworks and help the dev making it nice so it can have stable value longterm.
If you have xjo: hodl maybe?

With 0.04 btc worth inflation each day this marketcap should be  around rock bottom

(my 2 cent)

legendary
Activity: 1260
Merit: 1001
I've been away from XJO for awhile. I'll download the new wallet and see what's up...been some chatter about the coin lately...
legendary
I'm mining it because I like the name and metrics...  The issue with sending the coin skywards is you have to have the capital to put up a buy wall to keep it there..  Although even 20k USD would allow you to go nuts and put up a large buy wall.

I really really like the min payout amount for mining, IMO BTC should have one but that will never happen.

So yes.. I am mining it to keep the house warm lol.

I cannot see this coin dropping past $4k market cap Wink.

if people generally agree this coin will survive it is under value for sure. The halving is a bit long (1 year would have been long enough) but still.
Some good PR, some polishing and it can be many times the price.

6k$ cap is under value. This can do much better.  Wink

IMO it needs a purpose and/or people like Amagi metals need to accept it.

The hashrate will never drop below 180 Ghash, muhahahah!
The coin has a very good distribution too!

https://chainz.cryptoid.info/xjo/#!rich

i think this gives it additional value

One of the top 10 adresses should be cryptsy.

Do not let a coin with this good distribution rot! It's a gem in the rough. If you would try to achieve this distribution the fast way it would not be possible. You would not get it this good. Not with airdrops or anything else. The distribution is a valuable metric of this coin.

(hehe. Dirt cheap. 0.05 btc gets you on the top 100 richlist. It's almost too good to be true)  Smiley

what did you people do? How did you manage to sell it down like that?
Watching!

everyone is. And talking too. But doing? Not many ...  Tongue

Coins like this one are basically businessopportunities for those willing to get their hands dirty.

Instead of only speculating and loosing often because of relying on the work of others people could aswell do some work themselves and make sure they get their ROI.
coins are decentralised companies. Coins that rely on only one or two persons fail sooner or later. Build some more community, make it happen  Wink

Why is this coin special? What's your opinion on it?

Miners seem to like it. So it's a coin someone can invest in if miners keep mining.
Coin already good for miners. Now make it more attractive for investors and it's going places.  Wink
Activity: 14
I'm mining it because I like the name and metrics...  The issue with sending the coin skywards is you have to have the capital to put up a buy wall to keep it there..  Although even 20k USD would allow you to go nuts and put up a large buy wall.

I really really like the min payout amount for mining, IMO BTC should have one but that will never happen.

if people generally agree this coin will survive it is under value for sure. The halving is a bit long (1 year would have been long enough) but still.
Some good PR, some polishing and it can be many times the price.

6k$ cap is under value. This can do much better.  Wink
legendary

is this coin under value right now or do i miss something?

?? What do you mean?

i mean for a no premine fair launch coin (i assume) which has still running chain and is functioning and old coin (not part of the shitcoin wave) and dev still somewhat around AND exchange listing this is a bit beaten down. Can be pumped with very small bankroll.

All it needs are some nice things/goodies/updates and this can be worth multiple times the current exchange price.

0.5 BTC (couple of hundred dollars) invested sends the price 300%+

that's what i mean.

Are you people mining just to keep the house warm or what?

Currently daily cost of running this network are:

0.039936 btc

please tell me why this is not under value or why it should decline much further in price?
legendary

?? What do you mean?
Activity: 28
Like the website. I am a newb to all this mining stuff and want to say my first official block to mine was the Joulecoin. I noticed the website and it is looking good. Any word on getting a market tab on your website? Like a market place. People could add hardware new and used. Maybe even an auction function.  Cool
Activity: 651
Merit: 501
My PGP Key: 92C7689C
Are you sure you have the correct port, port is open, etc?

Try telnet to the host/port and see if you can connect.

Code:
salfter@files:~$ telnet localhost 8844
Trying ::1...
Connected to localhost.
Escape character is '^]'.
GET / HTTP/1.0

HTTP/1.0 401 Authorization Required
Date: Mon, 10 Nov 2014 15:31:46 +0000
Server: joulecoin-json-rpc/v0.9.2.2-beta
WWW-Authenticate: Basic realm="jsonrpc"
Content-Type: text/html
Content-Length: 296

"http://www.w3.org/TR/1999/REC-html401-19991224/loose.dtd">

Error

401 Unauthorized.

Connection closed by foreign host.

That's about what I'd expect, given that I'm not sending the username and password. "Server: joulecoin-json-rpc/v0.9.2.2-beta" indicates that I'm talking to the right port, at least.
legendary
Sal you scare me!!!

NOT MY JOULECOIN!! I like joulecoin... Sad.
Activity: 651
Merit: 501
My PGP Key: 92C7689C
I'm looking at adding Joulecoin to my MinerSwitcher setup, but I've run into a snag: I can't get the block reward out of joulecoind.

MinerSwitcher depends on ProfitLib, which in turn depends on a set of coin daemons and some exchange data (currently from Cryptsy, but I'm looking at adding support for more exchanges) to determine which coin to mine at a particular time. 

This block of ProfitLib code uses python-bitcoinrpc calls to retrieve the current block reward:

Code:
        b=jsonrpc.ServiceProxy(url)

# get block reward, including transaction fees
        # note #1: Novacoin (and coins derived from it?) report
        #          1% of actual value here
        # note #2: Namecoin doesn't support getblocktemplate, so get
        #          coinbase value from last block
        # note #3: PPCoin doesn't want any parameters passed to
        #          getblocktemplate.  Bitcoin requires at least
        #          an empty dictionary to be passed.  Others don't
        #          care.

reward=Decimal(0)
        try:
          reward=Decimal(b.getblocktemplate()["coinbasevalue"])
        except:
          pass

if (reward==0):
          try:
            reward=Decimal(b.getblocktemplate({})["coinbasevalue"])
          except:
            pass

if (reward==0):
          try:
            vouts=b.decoderawtransaction(b.getrawtransaction(b.getblock(b.getblockhash(b.getblockcount()))["tx"][0]))["vout"]
            for j, vout in enumerate(vouts):
              reward+=vout["value"]
          except:
            pass

if (coin=="NVC" or coin=="DEM" or coin=="OSC"):
          reward*=100

It tries three different methods, determined over the course of adding 25 other coins, that work:

* getblocktemplate with no input
* getblocktemplate with an empty input
* if getblocktemplate isn't available, get the coinbase value from the first transaction of the last block mined

This works for every other coin, but not for Joulecoin.  getblocktemplate is a valid call; joulecoind getblocktemplate returns what you'd expect.  There appears to be a communication error between python-bitcoinrpc and joulecoind.

I knocked together this test script:

Code:
import bitcoinrpc
import jsonrpc
import sys
from decimal import *
import pprint

url="http://salfter:redacted@localhost:8844"
#url="http://salfter:redacted@localhost:8332"

b=jsonrpc.ServiceProxy(url)

pprint.pprint(b.getblocktemplate()["coinbasevalue"])

The first url definition points to my joulecoind instance.  The second, commented-out definition points to my bitcoind instance.  If you run it against bitcoind, you get the current coinbase value:

Code:

Run it against joulecoind, however, and you get this:

Code:
Traceback (most recent call last):
  File "test.py", line 12, in
    pprint.pprint(b.getblocktemplate()["coinbasevalue"])
  File "/usr/local/lib/python2.7/dist-packages/bitcoinrpc/authproxy.py", line 120, in __call__
    response = self._get_response()
  File "/usr/local/lib/python2.7/dist-packages/bitcoinrpc/authproxy.py", line 146, in _get_response
    parse_float=decimal.Decimal)
  File "/usr/lib/python2.7/json/__init__.py", line 351, in loads
    return cls(encoding=encoding, **kw).decode(s)
  File "/usr/lib/python2.7/json/decoder.py", line 366, in decode
    obj, end = self.raw_decode(s, idx=_w(s, 0).end())
  File "/usr/lib/python2.7/json/decoder.py", line 384, in raw_decode
    raise ValueError("No JSON object could be decoded")
ValueError: No JSON object could be decoded

Something is going seriously wrong here.  I built joulecoind from GitHub source yesterday:

Code:
git clone https://github.com/joulecoin/joulecoin
cd joulecoin
./autogen.sh && ./configure --with-incompatible-bdb && make -j3 && sudo cp src/joulecoind /usr/local/bin

It's hard to reach any other conclusion than that there's a bug somewhere in the Joulecoin codebase, given that I have 25 other coins configured and running properly with the same code.
Pages:
Jump to: