Pages:
Author

Topic: [ANN] [XJO] Joulecoin | SHA256 | First SHA256 data coin | Major upgrade 0.10.4.2 - page 56. (Read 139724 times)

legendary
Activity: 2170
Merit: 1427
1. Merchant-network development -- 'mentoring': setting up wallets; gifting a pinch of coin; BUYING STUFF WITH JOULE, then buying the Joule back with fiat!

2. 'national chapters': ANYTHING that can be mailed within a nation can be paid for in Joules. (Everyone always puts their nation of origin in their signature).

3. 'Consultancy culture': become an intellectal crossroads. Write articles for GFC analysts. Set up shop at reddit mynation. Answer questions. Write exquisitely clear Facts Sheets for beginners.

(Google mark blair market oracle the 500 cryptos that aren't bitcoin).

4. Personally introduce yourself to every computer geek in the district.

5. Set up a trestle table at a market. Explain both btc and xjo -- one has utility. One is family, where you go to learn.

6. In-house exchange for physical bullion -- let's come back to this one.

7. Become The Asian Connection (for a RANGE of coins)

In conclusion: coin-communities fundamentally misapprehend the nature of commerce. The crypto sphere -- the 1% -- is glutted. TIME TO GO TO THE 99!!!!

Mark, Australia
Now, I will pop in and answer questions;; but I shall base myself firmly at unobtanium.

That's pretty ambitious, we need more man-power to cover all things listed above.

We need more than one dev as well, it's not easy to find devs as they charge a lot buck for their work.

Perhaps that John can share his thoughts about it as well, he is a dev.

Regarding point 7 "Asian connection" define that please ?

IMZ
legendary
Activity: 1498
Merit: 1000
1. Merchant-network development -- 'mentoring': setting up wallets; gifting a pinch of coin; BUYING STUFF WITH JOULE, then buying the Joule back with fiat!

2. 'national chapters': ANYTHING that can be mailed within a nation can be paid for in Joules. (Everyone always puts their nation of origin in their signature).

3. 'Consultancy culture': become an intellectal crossroads. Write articles for GFC analysts. Set up shop at reddit mynation. Answer questions. Write exquisitely clear Facts Sheets for beginners.

(Google mark blair market oracle the 500 cryptos that aren't bitcoin).

4. Personally introduce yourself to every computer geek in the district.

5. Set up a trestle table at a market. Explain both btc and xjo -- one has utility. One is family, where you go to learn.

6. In-house exchange for physical bullion -- let's come back to this one.

7. Become The Asian Connection (for a RANGE of coins)

In conclusion: coin-communities fundamentally misapprehend the nature of commerce. The crypto sphere -- the 1% -- is glutted. TIME TO GO TO THE 99!!!!

Mark, Australia
Now, I will pop in and answer questions;; but I shall base myself firmly at unobtanium.
legendary
Still stuck on the blasted smartphone keypad. Gonna try an experiment this second, a thing related to in-house exchanges.

Bottom line: unless you guys are eager to UTTERLY change your approach, I should not stick my nose in.

Mark

At the moment there is no approach at all.

There are some interesting directions that we can go with XJO but we're also interested in what you have to say.

Tell me what direction you have in mind.

IMZ
legendary
Still stuck on the blasted smartphone keypad. Gonna try an experiment this second, a thing related to in-house exchanges.

Bottom line: unless you guys are eager to UTTERLY change your approach, I should not stick my nose in.

Mark
legendary
John, you have a pm Smiley

Let's see how the wallet will look like, can't wait to see  Grin
legendary
R., give me a week to get my blasted laptop back on line. Then I'll answer your questions.

In short: media connects community to prospective community members. First figure out who you are, where you're going, and what program will get you there.

Thanks man, your help is much appreciated Smiley

IMZ
legendary
R., give me a week to get my blasted laptop back on line. Then I'll answer your questions.

In short: media connects community to prospective community members. First figure out who you are, where you're going, and what program will get you there.
legendary
Activity: 1722
I'm not too sure how much Joule the S1 is getting me.  I am using e-pool, I like it because it says "mined coins" in my wallet, hehehe.

Looks like a sell wall has been put up... hum... I could use more joule because why not.
legendary
Apology accepted. You can always find me at Unobtanium. My computer skills are pathetic, but I have done my homework on the anthropological aspects ( and my prose will probably stand scrutiny. I'm a retired technical-writing tutor . . . ).

One of the things that encouraged was the presence of Unovians here. It is a dynamic and open-minded coin community.

Mark

Uno has a great community, very friendly and helpful people over there.

Regarding social media, what is according to you the best approach to grab people their attention ?

I think there's place for everyone's energy, let's keep it positive Smiley

I suggest people start their own projects in the areas that interest them; action speaks louder than words!

You're right, see, it gives a fresh look when a clear minded person shares his thoughts.

I like it. Action speaks louder than words!

Indeed.. I have capital and now an S1 backing Joulecoin..  I will never dump my holdings to negatively effect the coin.

That's the spirit! How much XJO are you pulling each day ?

At the moment I'm working on the lay-out for the wallet, hope to finish the graphical work in less than 48 hours.

Wallet will be in line with the green XJO style Smiley
legendary
Activity: 1722

I suggest people start their own projects in the areas that interest them; action speaks louder than words!

You're right, see, it gives a fresh look when a clear minded person shares his thoughts.

Indeed.. I have capital and now an S1 backing Joulecoin..  I will never dump my holdings to negatively effect the coin.
IMZ
legendary
Apology accepted. You can always find me at Unobtanium. My computer skills are pathetic, but I have done my homework on the anthropological aspects ( and my prose will probably stand scrutiny. I'm a retired technical-writing tutor . . . ).

One of the things that encouraged was the presence of Unovians here. It is a dynamic and open-minded coin community.

Mark
legendary
Thanks for weighing in, John.

Goodness! IndiaMikeZulu suspected of being trolls!! (Referee, did you Google IndiaMikeZulu? Didn't notice that I
am the only crypto geek on the planet who posts his home phone number?)

Yes, actions speak louder than words; but disparate approaches guarantee poor results. I shall get out of your hair. Good luck. The Joule is a good coin.

Mark Blair (IndiaMikeZulu)
12671 Muir Highway, Unicup, Western Australia
08 9857 1000

Well, I probably misunderstood you, sorry for that.

You have a, let me say, different style of writing. That's why I thought you were trolling.

Let everyone focus on what he/she can do the best and then all the efforts together will result in a forward step for Joulecoin.

IMZ
legendary
Thanks for weighing in, John.

Goodness! IndiaMikeZulu suspected of being trolls!! (Referee, did you Google IndiaMikeZulu? Didn't notice that I
am the only crypto geek on the planet who posts his home phone number?)

Yes, actions speak louder than words; but disparate approaches guarantee poor results. I shall get out of your hair. Good luck. The Joule is a good coin.

Mark Blair (IndiaMikeZulu)
12671 Muir Highway, Unicup, Western Australia
08 9857 1000
legendary

Activity: 56
Merit: 0

People use cryptocurrencies for different reasons, so we can approach promotion in various ways.

legendary
Hey, Referee! Ummm . . . no.

With respect, exactly what I am suggesting is to break out the mould. With respect, exactly what you are suggesting is that the XJO community NOT break out of the mould. For example, I think seeking a betting site is an error. There are dozens of coins that you can already bet with, coins with higher caps and volumes. More importantly though, it trivialises the Joule. The sorts of losers who waste their lives hunched over the screen playing crypto poker are exactly the sort of people we want to avoid.

Next: getting the dev to do Something Big in order to revive the coin. Back to front!! XJO already suffers from intermittent dev involvement. He is most unlikely to invest energy at this point. Conversely, if the community began reinventing itself, and the coin rises even just a little in value, then the dev would see logic in investing more energy.

Next: social media does indeed have an important role; but reread my thesis: turn away from the screen. This 'tail-end' block of cryptos is all positive-fudded out!! Posi-FUD only leaves you oriented to the same easy-come-easy-go crowd that got you into this mess.

Here's a thought: crypto enthusiasts think of themselves as radicals. Actually, they are conservative! That is, they don't respond intelligently to their situation. The political left is exactly the same: just keeps doin' the same old stuff.

Referee, I am suggesting a highly intellectual approach to reviving this little coin,  using it as a laboratory -- THAT would be the new feature!!

M.

Sorry to say, but you're view on this isn't exactly going to work. You're ideas are simply not realistic, and I'm not even sure if you're trolling or not.

Dev can't work on big projects as he is very limited in time.

A betting platform is a great idea! Gambling and crypto is huge. People love to gamble away their coins, and it gets people hooked.

What I aim for is a platform where you as user can gamble, chill out, invest in bankroll and even invest in the platform itself by buying shares.

It's good if John also shed his light onto what he think will be the right direction. After all, it's his coin Smiley

Hope John can comment and share his thoughts about what he think is the right direction.
IMZ
legendary
Hey, Referee! Ummm . . . no.

With respect, exactly what I am suggesting is to break out the mould. With respect, exactly what you are suggesting is that the XJO community NOT break out of the mould. For example, I think seeking a betting site is an error. There are dozens of coins that you can already bet with, coins with higher caps and volumes. More importantly though, it trivialises the Joule. The sorts of losers who waste their lives hunched over the screen playing crypto poker are exactly the sort of people we want to avoid.

Next: getting the dev to do Something Big in order to revive the coin. Back to front!! XJO already suffers from intermittent dev involvement. He is most unlikely to invest energy at this point. Conversely, if the community began reinventing itself, and the coin rises even just a little in value, then the dev would see logic in investing more energy.

Next: social media does indeed have an important role; but reread my thesis: turn away from the screen. This 'tail-end' block of cryptos is all positive-fudded out!! Posi-FUD only leaves you oriented to the same easy-come-easy-go crowd that got you into this mess.

Here's a thought: crypto enthusiasts think of themselves as radicals. Actually, they are conservative! That is, they don't respond intelligently to their situation. The political left is exactly the same: just keeps doin' the same old stuff.

Referee, I am suggesting a highly intellectual approach to reviving this little coin,  using it as a laboratory -- THAT would be the new feature!!

M.
legendary
Hi, Referee! I shan't badger you on your home turf. That would be rude. If Yes!! Isn't forthcoming, I'll get back to work.

Okay, you aren't simply wrong -- but on this very page Spazzdla writes that he will mine Joule until the sun burns out in the sky.

Next is IndiaMikeZulu. Google us. We have cred aplenty in community development. It's my hobby.

Next: this thread is being read by two other krypto hoomernz from a coin community with a proud history of long-term development.

Note also the NXT community, which has a clear commitment to The Big Picture. Gee, 5% of all NXTs were stolen in a hack this week, and the community didn't even flinch.

Please pardon me for trying to make my case convincing:

The support is already here. What is missing is a programme that will show results, and increase support.

What if, guys . . . what if . . . what if we just STARTED DOING IT?

M

If you're good in getting a community build then we should follow that line.

In order to get people hooked something in form of a nice feature, etc, will needs to be delivered first.

What we need is some social media addicts to start create positive fud, and share everything related to XJO via Google+, Facebook, Twitter.

If we can create a whole team around XJO then it's a whole lot easier to work. Every level of the team then can solely work on things they do the best.

How the team may look like :

- Dev(s)
- Communicator a.k.a spokesperson, that will also be responsible for getting investors on board. Making sure everything runs fine, etc.
- Social media team

At the moment it's an idea to create a betting platform around XJO, this is not easy to accomplish as it will take the dev a lot of time.

Another option is to hire a developer to create it, but that can add up in cost.
IMZ
legendary
Hi, Referee! I shan't badger you on your home turf. That would be rude. If Yes!! Isn't forthcoming, I'll get back to work.

Okay, you aren't simply wrong -- but on this very page Spazzdla writes that he will mine Joule until the sun burns out in the sky.

Next is IndiaMikeZulu. Google us. We have cred aplenty in community development. It's my hobby.

Next: this thread is being read by two other krypto hoomernz from a coin community with a proud history of long-term development.

Note also the NXT community, which has a clear commitment to The Big Picture. Gee, 5% of all NXTs were stolen in a hack this week, and the community didn't even flinch.

Please pardon me for trying to make my case convincing:

The support is already here. What is missing is a programme that will show results, and increase support.

What if, guys . . . what if . . . what if we just STARTED DOING IT?

M
legendary
All are not bad ideas, but you have to be realistic. Crypto is all about making money, people simply skip genuine coins to invest in scamcoins.

They need to have a reason to support a coin, which I can understand.

At the moment the most important things I consider urgent are :

- Building up a community
- Maintaining the Cryptsy listing, perhaps looking to get listed on another exchange
- Volume, if we can manage to have atleast 0.1/0.3btc volume per day on Cryptsy, then we can be happy
- Making sure buy support is nicely spreaded, no large buy orders, this to prevent large dumps

And after that we will see, focussing on the points above is already hard and can only be achieved with patience and commitment.
Pages:
Jump to: