Pages:
Author

Topic: [ANN] [XJO] Joulecoin | SHA256 | First SHA256 data coin | Major upgrade 0.10.4.2 - page 55. (Read 139724 times)

legendary
Activity: 2170
Merit: 1427
The price of XJO remained fairly stable, good to see.
legendary
Activity: 1722
Merit: 1000
Ahh ya set the ant miner up to jump to miningpool.co if e-pool goes down Cheesy
legendary
Jjjjjoulecoin!!

Question.. I keep getting kicked of e-pool(only once ever few days for a few hours but still.. I don't like the fact the total hash rate drops.. I LA DEFEND DOUBLE SPEND).. like it seems to stop working.. This happend at a lot of different pools I've mined at for this coin.  Is it just the pools or something else?

For the technical side you should talk to John, but as far as I can see the coin is fine.

Isn't it possible to have a backup pool ? If one goes down you then automatically mine at the other pool.

It jumps to my other pool(for bitcoin), I've though about putting my Rbox on one pool and my Ant an E-pool lol.  I probably will soon.
legendary
Jjjjjoulecoin!!

Question.. I keep getting kicked of e-pool(only once ever few days for a few hours but still.. I don't like the fact the total hash rate drops.. I LA DEFEND DOUBLE SPEND).. like it seems to stop working.. This happend at a lot of different pools I've mined at for this coin.  Is it just the pools or something else?

For the technical side you should talk to John, but as far as I can see the coin is fine.

Isn't it possible to have a backup pool ? If one goes down you then automatically mine at the other pool.
legendary
Jjjjjoulecoin!!

legendary
Whoa someone has 2.5 million joule...  

Turns out.. I am a large holder as well though. Cheesy Cheesy.

You're rich! XJO WHALE IN DA HOUSE Grin

I don't have 2.5 mill !!!!

Oh, I thought you were talking about yourself.

Perhaps an exchange that stores coins in multiple wallets.

legendary

I don't have 2.5 mill !!!!
legendary

legendary

legendary
IMZ
legendary
Activity: 1498
Buy almost anything for sale on the Net for fiat or any crypto?

http://forum.casheer.net/viewtopic.php?f=15&t=144

Hope you are all well.

m.
legendary
John please look in your in-box, something is near completion Smiley
legendary
Congratulations XJO on your 666,666 block. I just happened to catch it. Smiley

You're a lucky man! Great catch, will bring you a lot of luck in your life  Smiley

Never sell the coins from that block, just visit the nearest museum and tell them to host the coins.

legendary
Activity: 2450
Merit: 1076
keybase.io/fallingknife/
Congratulations XJO on your 666,666 block. I just happened to catch it. Smiley

legendary
Joulecoin!!!!

There anything like blockr.io for this?
IMZ
legendary
Hey, R.

I will get out of your hair at this point. V500 and Bitcoin Charlie know where to find me.

Bottom Line: stop the price erosion. If you set your mum and brother up with a wallet, and then undertake fiddly little 'in-house' commercial transactions -- I paid for beer, olives, and a computer part yesterday with Unobtanium -- it may be, indeed, that you are a 'micro currency'*, but you are a currency!!

Final Thoughts:

one: 'partition off' the dev: that is, ask no more of him (interimly) than that he post once a month, so that newcomers know he is still on board. The fact that he is proves that XJO is a living project. Go, Joule!!

two: look after Spazzdla every way you can. His loyalty is indispensable.

three: research physical bullion sales. If two Joule coiners live in the same nation, and you can buy and securely mail even those one-ounce bars of silver, do it!! Crypto-for-bullion is the future.

Four: we are goin' through The Great Shakin' Down. In years to come, crypto historians will be writing about What Happened in Late 2014. If you can hold It All together until Bitcoin reaches a month-on-month average price above, say, $800 or $900, things will start going easier.

Mark

* Remember what I wrote about a 'training-coin'?!
legendary
IMZ
legendary
Morning, Referee. Look for bilingual people to interest in coining: English-Mandarin, English-Cantonese, English-Indonesian.

One of our disappointments -- Internet problems and funds -- was with Indonesia; but Indonesia is a fine example of what I am suggesting:

The Indonesian Government and banking-system are both profoundly corrupt. Indonesians hate them both. I know people in Indonesia (I lived there for years). I began approaching Indonesians to set up a wallet. I was gonna GIVE them coin. There was almost NO crypto presence in the country at that time. Long story short: we could have put a crypto into TRANSACTIONAL use among the many expat workers and among Indonesians themselves.

We intended running what we call a 'P-WIP exchange': people who have established trust buy crypto by transferring fiat by Internet-banking.

Perth has a large population of Indonesian expats, and we were trying this technique a full year ago. We hoped to set up a system whereby the Indonesians in Australia bought coin from us, and then 'pumped' it into Indonesia.

Now, we have had one success with the Asian-Connection Project. IndiaMikeZulu ran the world's only English-language exchange for the South Korean DOKDO coin. I made contact because -- although these guys are clearly KICK ARSE clever devs -- they were struggling with language issues. I now have great relations with them. The first ever international commercial transaction made with the currency was me mailing a second-hand CD to the dev. Next week will see the publication of my first article in a South Korean Bitcoin e-magazine (translated by a local guy).

In countries that have remittance industries, get interested locals to contact locals and expats who could profitably use cryptos -- import-exporters, people with family members living as expats in the other nation, airline exmployees, teachers, etc. etc.

Ambitious? Yeh!! But there has never been in history a case in which you launch a little business, and then the world rushes over and presses its cash into your hands.

And An Encouragement:

if you launch even a micro-program of a truly ambitious nature, that is, you break away from the prevailing dynamic whereby everyone sits in front of the screen, pushing the same old buttons, and pulling the same old levers, then you can stabilise the price of the Joule. Once the price is stabiised -- particularly against a background of other coins slipping in price -- the the CAP of the coin stops being a problem for the interim. You can approach people with your head held high; and, as I suggested in the first place, you can use the Joule community as a nexus for activity that extends far beyond just pushing the XJO barrow.

Mark
legendary
Mine, HODL and back it with capital.
Pages:
Jump to: