Pages:
Author

Topic: [ANN] [XMG] MAGI | CPU mining | mPoW | mPoS | [MagiPay] - page 16. (Read 2375260 times)

Activity: 43
Merit: 0
Dead? Worth to mine?

I just treat it as a community project that is fun to mine & discuss, other than that if it's worth something more some day well that is a bonus. But it will never be worth anything if people aren't mining, receiving, & sending it.
Activity: 438
Merit: 250
whats annoying to me is the exchanges block usa customers so i cant find a place to buy or sell

Activity: 614
Merit: 254
Hello everyone,
since i didnt been here long time can somebody explain what is the current status of this coin?

Dead? Worth to mine?

Thank you
legendary
Activity: 1019
Merit: 1003
Senior Developer and founder of ViMeAv ICT
please send some  9BRLXnu3q8Uzdmxrro7nmMin15rkztKjah dont have enough to stake and yobit is down for maintenance so cant withdraw Sad
You can never withdraw from Yobit, they are on the wrong chain, from june last year or so.
Activity: 438
Merit: 250
please send some  9BRLXnu3q8Uzdmxrro7nmMin15rkztKjah dont have enough to stake and yobit is down for maintenance so cant withdraw Sad
legendary
Activity: 133
Merit: 15
Anyone know who runs http://magi.trasmamod.com/ ?

The pool stopped accepting miners 6-7 hours ago. site is up, just has no network/miner info
(think they just need a reboot)  Wink

The Pool is administrated by tommyrsk. I just pinged him on Slack. but he seems to be offline there...

You could maybe try the Contact form there -> http://magi.trasmamod.com/index.php?page=contactform&action=

Thanks,

Sent a message, Hope it's nothing too bad, I like that pool a lot.
Activity: 168
Merit: 100

The pool stopped accepting miners 6-7 hours ago. site is up, just has no network/miner info

The Pool is administrated by tommyrsk. I just pinged him on Slack. but he seems to be offline there...

You could maybe try the Contact form there -> http://magi.trasmamod.com/index.php?page=contactform&action=
Activity: 133
Merit: 15

Only mentioned Zabbix because you have 13 Pi's. I have 2 so just SSH in and run my stat.sh which contains only native commands:

/opt/vc/bin/vcgencmd measure_temp
uname -a
df -h

htop is good for viewing cpu/ram load & currently running processes, like Windows task manager in text mode.
Activity: 34

Cool, thanks for sharing. Yes removing the GUI has a decent impact on the amount of code running & thus CPU load, wasn't sure if you were going to go for that, but I'm glad you did because it also reduces potential attack surface on the OS, less binaries, less exploits. Same for radio comms, turn off if not needed, more potential attack points removed. Taken together, less power usage, moreso than I'd expected.

Did you try the stats script I shared? To be honest, with 13 Pi's you'd be better off using a monitoring tool like Zabbix to collect & view data about temps & loads etc. There exists support & templates for Raspberry Pi, some links for you:
[/quote]

make ur own bash script for the temp and cpu load, why use another source for monitoring when you can just SSH into the pi on the cluster/stacker..... its fairly easier and if you make each one static IP you are all set on knowing which one is which.. you be able to tell which one is down when you look onto the pool and you see number missing on the miner. only thing i liked from your links is the temp trigger but you can just simply add that into your bash file or use this:
https://github.com/jeezz/piminer-m7

it has everything in it even the cpu clock speed to see what your at

Activity: 79
Merit: 36
HODL. Patience.
@111magic and/or @starmman:

m7m algo is among the oldest of altcoin algorithms and has proven its resilience to GPUs and ASICs much better than other algos. But magi is just not getting a whole lot of love. (not entirely true: most of the large Yiimp pools have m7m enabled; mostly it's the exchanges that are a problem.) So....

Question: If you guys were able to talk to other projects like Myriad or DigiByte, both of which are AuxPoW on multiple algos and both of whom have at least one GPU/ASIC resistant algo, about adding m7m as an AuxPoW to Magi? It probably would mean a hardfork and maybe a loosening of the nethash::mint relationship, but I think the marketing gain would be worthwhile.
yes a cluster is a grouping of multiple computers working on a same task divided up to process it faster and sure you can say other wise

sharing a same PSU isn't gonna have any issues if their is a failed PSU and the who thing goes down. if that happens than you lose out on mining until it's fixed

i haven't had any down time with my stacker/cluster in the 6 months of running. granted i am currently stacked at 13 pi 3b v1.3

Huh the pool provides the clustering, a Pi cluster uses it's own solution, that's all I was saying albeit not very clearly.

Thanks for the links, does look like a great cost effective solution, but I'm not a licensed electrician and the items + shipping amount to more than buying individual PSU (~US$5 ea) so for me it's best to stick with the latter, however pedestrian, and potentially suffer downtime only for Pi that are affected by any single PSU failure. I'd still need to get more Pi's anyway, and they're much more than the PSU's (~US$38 ea).

And your uptime is awesome, GG Cheesy
My Pi's have only been up a few months but haven't missed a beat, excepting reboots at the start for testing & mod.

unfortunately the information for bruva is going to be overwhelming
I was sharing my experiences & choices for you, bruva  Grin

lucky i got these devices from students failed attempts to hack the school network over the course of two years

might start a course in crypto and have student try to write some programs up to see if we can get this magi community bumping again

Those silly pesky darn kids  Grin your good luck though, as you said. The crypto course is a great idea! There may be questions about the capital investment and custody of crypto assets produced and tax etc, be prepared for that discussion.

disabling the BT, removing GUI and disabling the LED lights actually did help mining rig out power usage dropped 14.5% no with that times 13 i will make a profit monthly of 18 cents =] looks like i will make out after all

Cool, thanks for sharing. Yes removing the GUI has a decent impact on the amount of code running & thus CPU load, wasn't sure if you were going to go for that, but I'm glad you did because it also reduces potential attack surface on the OS, less binaries, less exploits. Same for radio comms, turn off if not needed, more potential attack points removed. Taken together, less power usage, moreso than I'd expected.

Did you try the stats script I shared? To be honest, with 13 Pi's you'd be better off using a monitoring tool like Zabbix to collect & view data about temps & loads etc. There exists support & templates for Raspberry Pi, some links for you:
legendary
Where can I get more infos to reset coin age?
Just send your coins in blocks of (100 - 1000) to yourself.
Then coin age is set to zero.
Use coin control.
Activity: 26
It's safe to use a different wallet.dat, but don't forget to backup your current one! Just to be safe I'd only change it to a copy of the one you want to try out.
After you've changed it I'd suggest to type "repairwallet" into the console. It might reveal the missing address.
You can check that with "getaddresses" in the console or in the receive tab.
For the future: to reset the coin age it's possible to send the coins directly to the same address were they are coming from. No need for a different address or even wallet!

Thank you Phaeliks  Grin Grin Grin
running repairwallet and following with getaddresses I regained full control.
Where can I get more infos to reset coin age?

No I don't create several addresses and confuse myself, I only had one but in 2016 I created a second one for staking
Activity: 9
I have 4 different wallet.dat which I backed up from 2016 but now I am worried to try anything. Can you tell me where I should look in the GUI?
Also, as the blockchain is fully downloaded and wallet is syncronized, is it safe for me to shut wallet down and try the different wallet.dat? If so, where would I look to see if I get access to both my addresses?
It's safe to use a different wallet.dat, but don't forget to backup your current one! Just to be safe I'd only change it to a copy of the one you want to try out.
After you've changed it I'd suggest to type "repairwallet" into the console. It might reveal the missing address.
You can check that with "getaddresses" in the console or in the receive tab.
For the future: to reset the coin age it's possible to send the coins directly to the same address were they are coming from. No need for a different address or even wallet!
minerclaim having issues and this is now day 2 of this, we hashing away but nothing is changing on the dashboard, the magi chain showing that minerclaim is finding coins but nothing being distributed....

anybody know how to contact the guy running minerclaim?Huh? know he was on here a few times but can't seem to find his username

thanks
mike

you don't switch between wallets. if you put in separate address its in the same wallet with multiple addresses.... it would be in the receive part. but if you switched to another wallet i hope you have that wallet.dat file or you're SOL =[

Guys, thank you for helping about the wallet issue I am having. For the life of me I don't remember how I was sending coins around.
I have 4 different wallet.dat which I backed up from 2016 but now I am worried to try anything. Can you tell me where I should look in the GUI?
Also, as the blockchain is fully downloaded and wallet is syncronized, is it safe for me to shut wallet down and try the different wallet.dat? If so, where would I look to see if I get access to both my addresses?
Bigstinker, you probably figured it out already but this is what I was doing for staking:

Hope it helps, I can't tell you if these IP are still valid hence I rem them all out. Last 3 params are the most important, enable pos with posii=1, any amount bigger than "threshold" (in my case 500) is used for staking and anything smaller than 500 is used to
"combine". Basically once you reach 500, that amount is used for staking.

yes i would use the other wallet.dat files but im curious are they all for the same wallet? sounds like you the type that had multiple wallets and made yourself super confused
Activity: 26

you don't switch between wallets. if you put in separate address its in the same wallet with multiple addresses.... it would be in the receive part. but if you switched to another wallet i hope you have that wallet.dat file or you're SOL =[

Guys, thank you for helping about the wallet issue I am having. For the life of me I don't remember how I was sending coins around.
Bigstinker, you probably figured it out already but this is what I was doing for staking:

# rpcuser and rpcpassword to secure the JSON-RPC api
rpcuser=user
rpcpassword=pass
# Listen for RPC addnodeions on this TCP port:
rpcport=8232
# accept JSON-RPC commands
server=1
daemon=1
# accept connections from outside
listen=0
rpcallowip=127.0.0.1
rpcthreads=1200
# Add nodes to addnode to specific peers
# addnode=104.128.225.215
# addnode=216.189.151.56
# addnode=216.189.144.213
# addnode=103.11.64.40
# addnode=45.35.251.73
# addnode=104.131.42.100
# addnode=104.131.57.65
# addnode=162.245.217.165
# addnode=213.32.21.37
# Enable/Disable mPoS Stacking 1=Enable
posii=1
# value greater than threshold is splitted
stakesplitthreshold=500
# value lesser than threshold is splitted
stakecombinethreshold=500

Hope it helps, I can't tell you if these IP are still valid hence I rem them all out. Last 3 params are the most important, enable pos with posii=1, any amount bigger than "threshold" (in my case 500) is used for staking and anything smaller than 500 is used to
"combine". Basically once you reach 500, that amount is used for staking.
Hi Frisian, yep I can see both, https://chainz.cryptoid.info/xmg/address.dws?9Eqzf11G2GkGmGrbrQbdJXcCthE3zzotuv.htm (original) and https://chainz.cryptoid.info/xmg/address.dws?9PSNtrK2dnhy3BZXJqFDrvbwmWuzGsQavy.htm (staking)
What is the next step?
And... thanks for helping, I hope i didn't mess it to the point of having to say goodbye  Cheesy

I see 9Eqzf11G2GkGmGrbrQbdJXcCthE3zzotuv has around 15 coins left.
This address 9PSNtrK2dnhy3BZXJqFDrvbwmWuzGsQavy has 6025 coins.

I hope you have a wallet with the last address with 6025 coins, is this right?

Nope, I have the other one. Maybe I don't remember properly but I think I was only using one wallet. In Magi can I have more than one wallet within the same GUI? I mean because I know my encryption pass, do I have a way to get back to the one with 6025 coins. I am quite sure I didn't have to "swap" wallet.dat

you can have more than one address in your wallet. AKA sending coins to yourself to stake, which is the most common way to set up blocks in your wallet to make a good size stake. learning how to stake myself.

so that you found the wallet address which is good. now did you use your wallet.dat file for the gui to check if it has multiple addresses??

i suggest downloading the most recent blockchain and sync up your wallet to see what you have as of now.

This is what I don't remember, how can I switch between addresses? I have latest wallet and full blockchain. WHere do I see and choose my different wallets?

Pages:
Jump to: