Pages:
Author

Topic: [ANN] [XMG] MAGI | CPU mining | mPoW | mPoS | [MagiPay] - page 14. (Read 2375260 times)

legendary
Activity: 1019
Merit: 1003
Senior Developer and founder of ViMeAv ICT
You don't need more than one XMG address for staking.
You can send your coins to yourself (one address) by coin control to create blocks.
Activity: 43
Merit: 0
look at mine staking result.
https://chainz.cryptoid.info/xmg/address.dws?9BX7rBgg2X48aX2UQo9MqughdiBaVoJUuh.htm
I'm staking around 20 XMG a day.

So, briefly, this is the best approach to staking?:
  • Create a number of addresses, eg: stake1, satke2, stake3, etc
  • Use coin control to select blocks of XMG, eg: 100-1000 at a time
  • send the selected XMG to addresses created
  • enable staking (posii=1, split & merge values, unlock wallet for staking)
  • wait for recently moved coins to mature 520+ blocks to gain weight
  • staking should occur

If successfully staking/minting, staked XMG are untouchable and I guess old XMG should be moved to new stake addresses to reduce their age, I'm not 100% certain on this because staking has never worked for me, until now.

My recent staking attempt was going as it always has and I didn't expect to generate any XMG, but I did, twice  Cool
I minted about 0.04 XMG, which possibly covers the Tx fees from moving coins on all my staking attempts. I thought "Ah, at least I broke even." Then today I see I've minted about another 0.02 XMG  Grin

Now I have about half my XMG staked and about half my XMG available, so I'm wondering if I should move the available half to a new address, eg: stake2? To find out, I did exactly that. Selected all XMG available in coin control, sent to new address stake2, and now I wait for the age of newly moved coins to be 520+ confirmations and see if I am staking from 2 addresses, or SooL  Cheesy
EDIT: Although I had network weight with 1/2 staked & 1/2 available, since I Tx my available XMG to stake2 address the XMG client now advises "Not staking because you do not have enough weight". Surely this refers to the newly moved coins only and not the coins that are still shown as staked in Overview? I hope so, because I have no way of telling other than chainz.cryptoid.info/xmg/address.dws?XMG-ADDRESS.htm

I wish it had been working for me since I started in 2017, but at least I can now say "I minted something". I guess that getting rewards for staking may be a bit of a lottery, not a given.

Neither is it a given that The Frisian will be here 24/7/365 to provide advice, answers, or general discussion; I'd like to extend gratitude to The Frisian for the time and effort given to others in the fora here. Thank you Frisian. It has crossed my mind before now when I've seen your frequent replies to others woes and questions.

Don't forget to dedicate some time to peruse the XMG developer post that The Frisian linked to just earlier, it's worth your while doing so to get a better understanding of XMG:

# PoS-II-V2
https://bitcointalksearch.org/topic/m.9991269
legendary
I mean staking is not the most profitable mining element, but if it is existing - it must work without such glitches.
It is existing, look at mine staking result.
https://chainz.cryptoid.info/xmg/address.dws?9BX7rBgg2X48aX2UQo9MqughdiBaVoJUuh.htm
I'm staking around 20 XMG a day.
Activity: 102
So nobody has an idea why my unlocked wallet with ~10000 confirmations not staking? Anybody? Looks like a bug or similar.
Are they in one block, i'm afraid not.
You have to use coin control to creat one block of at least 100 coins.
For 10000 confirmations your block is too old for staking.
So start by making 2 blocks of 265 or maybe 5 blocks of 106 coins.

I'm not novice, been staking several years. Ok, now tried to resend those coins, now finally notification about not enough weight, tomorrow we'll see how it worked. But before it was just writing "Not staking.", and this is weird, since I did everything correct. Coins were in one block. I mean staking is not the most profitable mining element, but if it is existing - it must work without such glitches.
legendary
So nobody has an idea why my unlocked wallet with ~10000 confirmations not staking? Anybody? Looks like a bug or similar.
Are they in one block, i'm afraid not.
You have to use coin control to creat one block of at least 100 coins.
For 10000 confirmations your block is too old for staking.
So start by making 2 blocks of 265 or maybe 5 blocks of 106 coins.
https://i.ibb.co/whkGfBP/maggi.png
legendary
are u using raspberry pi to mint from the wallet???

I'm mining on 2x RPi2B+ with the same miner as you: m-cpuminer-v2.

congrats on mining with a pi, try to get your hands on more to earn more with POW ... see if you can use a pi to use as a POS machine...

I'd love to get RPi3B+ & 16GB mSD & PSU but they are about $75 where I live, even without a case for the Pi. RPi2 can run m-cpuminer-v2 but I'm not certain about compiling & running the m-wallet due to dependencies/support; it's complicated in the pre-RPi3 realm: http://raspberrypi.stackexchange.com/questions/34715/ddg#37786
Guess I'll stick to running m-wallet on my laptop, for now, and keep an eye on feeBay for some cheap 2nd hand Pi's  Grin

Activity: 34
Staking and coin control:

https://www.mupload.nl/img/kf0ty0r.jpg

Why do blocks with younger age and lower confirmations go into stake
before older blocks with higher confirmations.
Oldest block max. 3 or 4 days, youngest block less than one day.

i been having the same issue with older blocks not going into staking before the younger blocks..... it's frustrating me on how to figure it out. but i am looking into splitting my coins to two wallets to stake since i am picking up so much XMG off tradesatoshi with my fraction of BTC.....

was thinking of keeping 25 blocks on each wallets since it seems to only accept 25 blocks in a 24hr period....... has to have a set limit in the wallet for blocks per day..... unless you are getting more blocks to stake than me, if so tell me your secrete

~mike
Activity: 34
I sent all my coins, more than 100, to 1 address with posii=1 & wallet unlocked for staking but after 361 confirmations of Tx I'm still "Not staking because you don't have enough weight".
Did you put them all in one block, with coin control?
Or only send them to one address, so you might have too small blocks.
Selected all using coin control, sent to one address, all my XMG are now in 1 block at 1 address, finally staking now at 484 confirmations since Tx with weight of 125 & expected reward time around 2 days. That estimate will probably go down to 1-2 hours, but I probably won't mint anything and as coins age the timeframe will increase until I haven't enough weight. Been through this a few times, never minted 0.0000001 XMG. But mining on Raspberry Pi's is fun.

are u using raspberry pi to mint from the wallet???

congrats on mining with a pi, try to get your hands on more to earn more with POW. I am around 6 months right now with POW on pi 3's and a pi 2... POS was tough for me to get it down but now it seems so much easier than POW.......

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eMPmgew0aYc  check this out to see if you can use a pi to use as a POS machine. it's my next project once i get caught up on 3D printers =]
I sent all my coins, more than 100, to 1 address with posii=1 & wallet unlocked for staking but after 361 confirmations of Tx I'm still "Not staking because you don't have enough weight".
Selected all using coin control, sent to one address, all my XMG are now in 1 block at 1 address, finally staking now at 484 confirmations since Tx with weight of 125 & expected reward time around 2 days. That estimate will probably go down to 1-2 hours, but I probably won't mint anything and as coins age the timeframe will increase until I haven't enough weight. Been through this a few times, never minted 0.0000001 XMG. But mining on Raspberry Pi's is fun.
legendary
PS: I'm not seeing a value for either my weight or network weight, just "Not staking because you don't have enough weight".

Someone staking with one block of 100 XMG:

https://chainz.cryptoid.info/xmg/address.dws?95nigpTLPN44y7MRHcx5rH4WHCWY85FAyj.htm

So this means that staking is possible (at least) from 100 coins.

I've managed to stake before, but only ever got down to 1-2 hour estimate for reward, but since 2017 I've never minted coins from staking, only gained them through mining & spent them in Tx fees for moving to lower their age & re-attempt staking.

EDIT: I think the required confirmations might be 520, so I'll see if I have any weight/stake after that.
legendary
PS: I'm not seeing a value for either my weight or network weight, just "Not staking because you don't have enough weight".

Someone staking with one block of 100 XMG:

https://chainz.cryptoid.info/xmg/address.dws?95nigpTLPN44y7MRHcx5rH4WHCWY85FAyj.htm

So this means that staking is possible (at least) from 100 coins.
Did you restart wallet after making changes in magi.conf (posii=1 etc)?

If that isn't it then here's a quick list of things to confirm:
You're definitely using m-wallet v1.4.6.2?
You checked Settings > options > network: map port using UPnP?
And you're definitely not on testnet: About > m-core client: On testnet box unchecked?
If you think it's networking related you can try temporarily disabling your firewall, but your ISP equipment & network may be blocking ports.
Other than the above, are there any other messages associate with "Not staking" like "because you don't have enough weight" etc?

I gave up on staking, despite transferring coins to lower their age and pool them at 1 address I never received anything for the attempts, even when the estimated time for reward was at 1-2 hours for days and days. Eventually your coins become too old again. In total I've left my wallet staking for months. Perhaps it works best if you have 5,000 or 10,000 XMG or even more, I don't so I don't know.

I just mine now, although I did just now transfer my coins to 1 address and attempt staking again in case it yields some answers/help for your situation. But I don't have enough weight, this should change with more confirmations of the Tx.
Finished synchronization ~10 hours ago but still not staking, age is ~7000 confirmations. Any problems with network or else? Enabled POS minting, but this sign not green, "Not staking"  Undecided

Is your wallet unlocked for staking?

Everything is fine, ~7900 confirmations now, wallet unlocked, synchronized, only this mining symbol tells "Not staking". Strange... 6 active connections.

You checked your magi.conf?
# posii=0 to disable PoS staking; default = 0
posii=1

Posii=1, it was like this, but "Not staking."
legendary
Finished synchronization ~10 hours ago but still not staking, age is ~7000 confirmations. Any problems with network or else? Enabled POS minting, but this sign not green, "Not staking"  Undecided

Everything is fine, ~7900 confirmations now, wallet unlocked, synchronized, only this mining symbol tells "Not staking". Strange... 6 active connections.

You checked your magi.conf?
# posii=0 to disable PoS staking; default = 0
posii=1

Pages:
Jump to: