Author

Topic: [ANN] [XMG] MAGI | CPU mining | mPoW | mPoS | [MagiPay] - page 261. (Read 2375622 times)

legendary
Activity: 1750
Merit: 1005
Suprnova pool closing Huh  Huh
Magi informed Supernova about coming hard-fork.

Why would that make them shut down?
Are they closing for all coins?
Activity: 3
Merit: 0
Suprnova pool closing Huh  Huh

Why would that make them shut down?
Activity: 40
Hello DEV, CPU mining, looks like the nice coin. Perhap I try to mine some coins for reserving. Do you intend to set up the masternode for this coin?
legendary
Suprnova pool closing Huh  Huh
Activity: 56

This pool will close at 12/31/2017 - please move your miners to different pools and withdraw all remaining coins, thanks.

Is that a perm. closure?
Activity: 16

This pool will close at 12/31/2017 - please move your miners to different pools and withdraw all remaining coins, thanks.
Activity: 247
Merit: 100
O__o
Activity: 89
Merit: 10
hello
where i can find more detail regarding master nods of Magi

U mean the configuration to the Dev´s nodes is here an example

http://coinmagi.org/bin/example-conf/magi.conf
legendary
During this period Magi can work on other things also.
Our awesome Magi community continues growing.
Vote here with a simple click:

https://feedback.altcoinexchange.com/suggestions/2760/magi-xmg
legendary
Activity: 1400
Merit: 1050
hello

Huh
no masternodes here
Grin
Activity: 28
All #Magi #XMG friends there will be a hardfork soon. Backup wallets! More info later.

4h ago on Magi Twitter account
hello

XMG doesn't have masternodes. So I guess you can learn all there is to know about them from this comment.  Roll Eyes
Activity: 239
Merit: 100
hello

Huh
no masternodes here
Activity: 28
hello

All there will be a hardfork. More details will follow later.
Exchanges will be informed.

WOW a hardfork??? Why? there will be 2 wallets with my Magi and Magi Classic? we need more info about it
fail
Magi and Magi Cash   Cheesy Wink Grin
Grin may-be Magi gold too

Yeah yeah, this is a great oportunity for Magi
legendary
Activity: 1400
Merit: 1050

WOW a hardfork??? Why? there will be 2 wallets with my Magi and Magi Classic? we need more info about it
fail
Magi and Magi Cash   Cheesy Wink Grin
Grin may-be Magi gold too
legendary
Activity: 1484
Merit: 1029
Thanks to Joe - a very fast fix

This is always the issue when a coin gets more popular - these people always try and attack - I made sure I didn't transfer any magi over the last days as a precaution

There isn't always a doubling of coins, at least not in a usable sense, during a hardfork. In this case, it is a course correction due to the "hack" (however it was carried out).

The same thing happened to the Ethereum blockchain after a hack.

It's not the same thing. Ethereum had it blockchain rolled back dues to the seriousness of the attack.
I don't see enough reason for a rollback here. No funds are being expropriated. In fact, a rollback would hurt Magi more than it would do good (kicked out of Cryptopia, for one; reverting people's transactions, for two).

Right, but it was still a course correction due to a hack and did not create an entirely new coin. Not all HFs create new coins (at least in a usable/valuable sense), which is what many people believe. I do agree that ETH's level of hardfork isn't needed here, although it does irk me some people got away with quite a bit of XMG.

Anyway... this is good for Magi, the network and the community will grow up... Magi will see is price raise twice or more and im being pesimistic
legendary
I have a request for our friendly Magi community, pls help to inform the pools about the latest news!

There isn't always a doubling of coins, at least not in a usable sense, during a hardfork. In this case, it is a course correction due to the "hack" (however it was carried out).

The same thing happened to the Ethereum blockchain after a hack.

It's not the same thing. Ethereum had it blockchain rolled back dues to the seriousness of the attack.
I don't see enough reason for a rollback here. No funds are being expropriated. In fact, a rollback would hurt Magi more than it would do good (kicked out of Cryptopia, for one; reverting people's transactions, for two).

Right, but it was still a course correction due to a hack and did not create an entirely new coin. Not all HFs create new coins (at least in a usable/valuable sense), which is what many people believe. I do agree that ETH's level of hardfork isn't needed here, although it does irk me some people got away with quite a bit of XMG.
Jump to: