Pages:
Author

Topic: [ANN] $XQN Quotient Financial Network | PoW Scrypt, PoS Blake-256 | UPDATE NOW - page 66. (Read 194427 times)

Activity: 42
Merit: 0
Please vote for XQN on https://cryptex.biz/page/voting (1xfree/day when you have a trading acc - 500 votes for listing)
legendary
Activity: 1050
Merit: 1000
Glad your short went well!
Website looks great!!
legendary
Activity: 1029
I'm glad ..my short was good.. Smiley ..so now in again. Smiley
Activity: 270
Merit: 250
Activity: 205
Merit: 100
Almost have the Quotient website completed, it and the Abe block explorer will be up tonight.  Cheesy

Awesome news  Smiley
legendary
Almost have the Quotient website completed, it and the Abe block explorer will be up tonight.  Cheesy

Cheesy
legendary
No worries, just wondering why "expected time to earn reward" is 11 days since firing up the wallet this afternoon. Any idea?

Because of the weight of your stake against the network's overall weight.(it's usually faster than this).

Thank You for that explanation. With over 10k coins, it says my weight is 10 out of 90,000... expected time to earn reward 6 days. Should this be changing back to normal soon?

Can you see in transactions the last time you staked?
Should be 16- 24hrs after that.
Depends also how many stacks of coins make up your 10k.
Activity: 368
If it's your first staking attempt it can show some kind of typo bug. With 10k you should meet the min stake age wich is 16 hours.
Activity: 19
Merit: 0
No worries, just wondering why "expected time to earn reward" is 11 days since firing up the wallet this afternoon. Any idea?

Because of the weight of your stake against the network's overall weight.(it's usually faster than this).

Thank You for that explanation. With over 10k coins, it says my weight is 10 out of 90,000... expected time to earn reward 6 days. Should this be changing back to normal soon?
legendary
Activity: 1154
Merit: 1001
In reality, the XQN community should be pushing for XAI to be a success as the trading AI, once implemented, will increase the value of XQN tenfold.

Apologies for butchering your post, but the portion I kept is really the key.

Personally, I don't like much any approach that places trust in a single individual or entity to manage funds and ensure market stability. The market should find it's own natural balance at the hands (or mercy?) of the holders & traders. I do believe this approach can still succeed, just that it is certainly not my preference.

However, we have here a funny situation. The people that will benefit the most from XAI, at least at first, are XQN holders.
This is really why I think that a XQN snapshot is most appropriate, at least for a portion of the XAI emission.
The reason is dead simple: people holding XQN will make the most of XAI. There is no greater incentive not to dump after the snapshot.
In fact, for the most part, the short term goals for XAI, will mostly benefit XQN alone. Only when meeting the long term goals, will XAI be meaningful on a larger scale (integrating with other currencies for example).

Again, a split balance would be ideal, in my mind.
Someone that just wants to hold XAI and/or speculate on that asset alone, would enter the crowd fund, to obtain optimally priced XAI. Someone that wants to hold XQN and expects XAI to further boost XQN value and functionality, would instead stash as much XQN as possible, in the process obtaining a moderate percentage of XAI (by means of the snapshot).

Anyways, just food for thought. I'm happy to see such a constructive discussion taking place without hot tempers and fud running wild.
Cheers!
legendary
So I thought about it while I was at the grocery store a bit ago, and I thought of a possible solution that meets both sides.  What if we take a % of the XAI proceeds and buy XAI on the open market after the crowdfund ends, to fill the fund for distribution to XQN holders.  And take another 5% or so and use it to establish a "market stabilization" force and add managed buy support on XQN.
I like that idea. It covers XAI investors with buy support, making their investment less risky.
At the same time it benefits XQN investors.

In reality, the XQN community should be pushing for XAI to be a success as the trading AI, once implemented, will increase the value of XQN tenfold.
Activity: 616
Merit: 500
So I thought about it while I was at the grocery store a bit ago, and I thought of a possible solution that meets both sides.  What if we take a % of the XAI proceeds and buy XAI on the open market after the crowdfund ends, to fill the fund for distribution to XQN holders.  And take another 5% or so and use it to establish a "market stabilization" force and add managed buy support on XQN.

+1
So I thought about it while I was at the grocery store a bit ago, and I thought of a possible solution that meets both sides.  What if we take a % of the XAI proceeds and buy XAI on the open market after the crowdfund ends, to fill the fund for distribution to XQN holders.  And take another 5% or so and use it to establish a "market stabilization" force and add managed buy support on XQN.
hey dev, are you trying to get into another exchange besides trex?

We are also on EmpoEx.  It would be nice to get on some chinese exchanges like BTER, but I think that will be easier once our Chinese translations are out.
Activity: 368
I tired to space it a bit ;o. But I can do better.
legendary
That's why I said "untouched public fund".
It will be an investment to earn more trust and attract more investors. He won' t be able to withdraw (or will need consensus from holders).
It's almost the opposite of a premine coz dev wont be able to dump it. so less coins in circulation = more value for holders.
It' s an investment in his whole network solution basically.

Ok, sounds better when you say it like this Smiley

I think the meaning was somewhat lost in the blockoftext. Wink
Activity: 616
Merit: 500
That's why I said "untouched public fund".
It will be an investment to earn more trust and attract more investors. He won' t be able to withdraw (or will need consensus from holders).
It's almost the opposite of a premine coz dev wont be able to dump it. so less coins in circulation = more value for holders.
It' s an investment in his whole network solution basically.

Ok, sounds better when you say it like this Smiley
Pages:
Jump to: