Pages:
Author

Topic: [ANN] [XSH] TOR/i2p, Quantum proof, MN, PoS/PoW, Fully ano, SHIELD - page 25. (Read 154349 times)

Activity: 588
Merit: 116
My bad, you're right. But still asics don't get most of the blocks and SHIELD is mine-able with GPU's. Will even be more mine-able after the diff algo change Smiley.

Will see. I'm surprised that this project survived through many storms and still in the game. Good luck anyway.
Activity: 293
Merit: 10
Hello. Is it asic resistant or not?

We are multi-algo meaning asics can only mine 20% of all the blocks. So not fully but gpu's also are able to mine.

Myriad-groestl is on the ASIC's too already. So not 20%.

My bad, you're right. But still asics don't get most of the blocks and SHIELD is mine-able with GPU's. Will even be more mine-able after the diff algo change Smiley.
Activity: 588
Merit: 116

We are multi-algo meaning asics can only mine 20% of all the blocks. So not fully but gpu's also are able to mine.

Myriad-groestl is on the ASIC's too already. So not 20%.
Please lets have a discussion about something that I feel is really important and neglected so far: I deeply believe that beside progress in the tech of Shield we need to further build and involve the community. By introducing a fund that is fed by a percentage of the network fee, POS/POW and master node rewards we obtain liquidity that would be controlled by the community using a democratic voting mechanism. These funds can be used for exchange listings, hiring/paying people for marketing and for development in general. Some cryptocurrency projects already employed this system and it is proven to be very effective to make the coin sustainable since it helps to build/involve the community and to stimulate development. Why don't we aim for something similar for Shield?

Let's make the community’s voice a tool that can move things!  Wink

Creating a democratic voting mechanism that isn't easily exploitable that directly pays for stuff is very hard. The devfee is something we're considering. We'll take a look if we can work on a voting system but it probably will only serve as a suggestion mechanism to prevent people from making us spend funds on weird protocols.

Hello XSH calculator web page ? thanks

For mining? You can find it here: https://blockstats.pw/shield/

Activity: 168
Merit: 5
Please lets have a discussion about something that I feel is really important and neglected so far: I deeply believe that beside progress in the tech of Shield we need to further build and involve the community. By introducing a fund that is fed by a percentage of the network fee, POS/POW and master node rewards we obtain liquidity that would be controlled by the community using a democratic voting mechanism. These funds can be used for exchange listings, hiring/paying people for marketing and for development in general. Some cryptocurrency projects already employed this system and it is proven to be very effective to make the coin sustainable since it helps to build/involve the community and to stimulate development. Why don't we aim for something similar for Shield?

agree Dash is a good model for this.
Activity: 5
Merit: 0

Activity: 476
Merit: 100
Hello XSH calculator web page ? thanks
Activity: 224
Merit: 100

I dont think its ASIC resistant but they are aiming for quantum proof

Interesting what approach they take for quantum proofing as a PoW coin its hard to acheieve
Activity: 392
Merit: 250
This is a project about fog calculations that sounds great. The former ICO was very successful.
Activity: 102
Merit: 2
Activity: 224
Merit: 21
The private testnet based on Bitcoin core 0.16 for XSH is running. We're now improving everything and fixing what needs to be fixed. If everything keeps going smoothly, we should be able to run a public testnet with a few lucky users soon (no ETA yet.).
Thanks for update !
The private testnet based on Bitcoin core 0.16 for XSH is running. We're now improving everything and fixing what needs to be fixed. If everything keeps going smoothly, we should be able to run a public testnet with a few lucky users soon (no ETA yet.).

this could be an option for another exchange if dev's are interested

coinnox.com - is a new cryptocurrency exchange.

have the following coins available for trading on our platform at the moment:
- BTC
- ETH
- LTC
- DASH
- DOPE
- TRF
- XZC

Since our platform is new, to attract more users we will consider free listing for the coins that have just passed the ICO stage or coins that community is interested in.
If you want your coin to get listed please contact us on telegram: https://t.me/coinnox

Hey, do you mind mailing us ([email protected]? Not a lot of our core members use Telegram so talking with you via Telegram isn't very convenient.
Activity: 271
Merit: 1

this could be an option for another exchange if dev's are interested

coinnox.com - is a new cryptocurrency exchange.

have the following coins available for trading on our platform at the moment:
- BTC
- ETH
- LTC
- DASH
- DOPE
- TRF
- XZC

Since our platform is new, to attract more users we will consider free listing for the coins that have just passed the ICO stage or coins that community is interested in.
If you want your coin to get listed please contact us on telegram: https://t.me/coinnox
Activity: 6
Thanks for your reply! I do not doubt the team is doing a terrific job. I just like to know something about potential real life adaptions of this coin. Maybe the question seems trivial but it is a legit one though.
Activity: 66
XSH is among maybe 20 coins that are actually doing hardcore dev work on the blockchain. Others pretty much dont develop anything, but their marketing. Mark my words on this. XSH actually are up to completely custom PoS/MNs, will update (they are almost done) and modify bitcoin 0.16 core, implement quantum proofing (already probably almost done) within next few months.

I fail to understand people not seeing the real work behind this project. We pretty much compete with overhyped coins and ICOs(rich) in the development pace and quality.
Activity: 6
Your project looks technically very interesting. Anyway, I am wondering whether Shield has a potential real case scenario. What is the existing problem Shield is trying to solve?

Many thanks for your answer! Smiley
Activity: 4
In the process of improving XSH, we have decided to change the mining difficulty adjustment algorithm from DGWv3 (Dark Gravity Wave v3) to LWMA (Linear Weighted Moving Average). There have been bad actors on the chain which exploited DGWv3 by mining blocks with waves of high hashpower, which netted them more block rewards for less effort, decreased profitability for honest miners, and made confirmation times less reliable. We are switching from DGWv3 to LWMA to increase the chain's stability; this change has a "side benefit" of dramatically increasing mining profitability across all honest pools!
Great news! I am in your project from the very beginning and believe in a good future of this coin! I give advice: at this time you should not put much effort to increase the price of a coin, you should not place a coin on large stock exchanges. When there will be an explosive growth of all crypto currency, then it will be necessary to invest all means to promote the coin in the media. Then the price of the coin will soar very high.
Pages:
Jump to: