Pages:
Author

Topic: [ANN] [XTC] TileCoin| IoT (Internet of Things) bitcoin blockchain - ĐApp - page 54. (Read 286457 times)

Activity: 266
Merit: 250
Activity: 209
Merit: 101
Smells good!
Activity: 61
Merit: 10
DApps: Decentralization Will Empower Websites to be Their Own Bank
http://cointelegraph.com/news/112967/dapps-decentralization-will-empower-websites-to-be-their-own-bank

by Carlo Caraluzzo @ 2014-11-22 10:05 AM

Anyone who thinks that social media is free has never been on Facebook. Sure, you can post pictures of your cats and argue with strangers without opening your wallet, but you still pay by opening up your life.

Websites like Facebook, Twitter and others are a marketer’s paradise, not to mention a haven for government watchdogs and provocateurs. A new project, funded by David Johnston, cofounder of the BitAngels investment project, called DApps is set to possibly change this dynamic and allow a system that is both more transparent and more flexible.

What is DApps?
DApps stands for “decentralized applications” and is designed to break the chains imposed by the wave of Web 2.0 services that lock us into a never-ending consumer cycle.

Even if you do not tip or buy into Facebook games, every time you share a status update or image or link on one of these sites, you are feeding a monstrous database that companies around the globe draw on in their marketing.

There are entire industries designed to improve a business’s social networking presence. But recently Reddit came up with the idea of giving back to its community in the form of an actual payment based on participation. The company pledged to give US$5 million, possibly in Bitcoin, to its users. It is still not known exactly what form this payment will take, or whether users will be able to use it outside of Reddit, but the idea is certainly a unique one.

DApps take this a bit further. Johnston says that they are basically open-source applications that will generate “tokens” that reward users who make contributions and describe how those contributions can be used.

The interesting thing about DApps, however, is that changes in the protocol must be made by majority consensus. Koinify Founder and CEO Tom Ding loves DApps because they take the old idea of payment for services and bring it into the Information Age.

“Before DApps, the only way you could make money from software [was] either charge for it (keep [it] secret or limited use), or charge for extra services (Red Hat model), or sell user information (Google model, most likely still keep it secret or half secret).”

Websites that use DApps can make profits in much the same way that banks make money by selling banknotes to customers, a process known as seigniorage. But for profits to be maximized, the DApp must be properly engineered, allowing contributions to feed on themselves, growing larger as usage increases.

David A. Johnston

The great part is that no money is actually printed. The system is designed to work in much the same way that cryptocurrencies are created and maintained. In fact, Johnston said that Bitcoin was the original decentralized app:

“Think about the fact that Bitcoin, now a US$5 billion market cap project, [is] completely open source. There’s no CEO or marketing department. It’s been self-monetized by its own token. That’s pretty unique.”

While the funding for the project began in October of last year, there is still a ways to go before something like this can catch on. As a financing solution for angel investors, it seems ideally suited to be used immediately because startups can generate tokens that allow them to grow resources from other kinds of investors.

DApps do need an infrastructure in order to work, a way to produce and document the tokens, and finally a way to document transactions that take place in the network in a decentralized manner.
  Patience is power. Patience is not an absence of action, rather it is timing.
It waits on the right time to act, for the right principles and in the right way.

Smells good!
It waits on the right time to act, for the right principles and in the right way.
+1
Activity: 175
Merit: 100
legendary
Activity: 1148
Merit: 1000
will wait for dev's next update on the wallet.
Activity: 72
3000-5000sats its scraps for the first IoT coin with true value  and real world functionality.  i dont think you guys quite grasp the concept of IoT yet and how big it actually is. Be patient and your investment will grow vastly.
We all know that good no significance
P.S. After the wallet release this coin will be added to bittrex. Main part of coins will flow there and the sell pressure at BTEr will be much less . Whithin the first days of Bittrex trading i'll bet that this coin will break 2000-3000 ksat prices                                            Purse at the lost time
Smells good!
Activity: 700
Merit: 500
★ IT's Party Time! ★
How it could be scam if the dev is working hard for 2 month after IPO ending. LOL. Waiting for the wallet
Just hope it is not another RootCoin
I wait it for one month or more and get nothing

Root even do not have a website. Lol
Tile project has a very dedicated and respectable devs which are keeping us to date. Unique and real project needs a lot of time, look at the shadowcash's success now with a very strong team working for 4 month and you'll understand the secrets of investing.

P.S. After the wallet release this coin will be added to bittrex. Main part of coins will flow there and the sell pressure at BTEr will be much less . Whithin the first days of Bittrex trading i'll bet that this coin will break 2000-3000 ksat prices
Activity: 250
How it could be scam if the dev is working hard for 2 month after IPO ending. LOL. Waiting for the wallet
Friends, don't worry too much, I believe developers
Activity: 518
legendary
Activity: 1960
Merit: 1176
@FAILCommunity
Hey, kids,

Please stop quoting yourself, because you are spamming the thread with BS. People who follow Tile development cannot read it at peace.
Activity: 238
await the new wallet,will i be disappointed again?
disappointments await i bet.
Activity: 175
Activity: 688
await the new wallet,will i be disappointed again?
Activity: 784
Hi altcoinUK,

I posted a rough draft of the 3D printed "prototype" enclosure from our "Industrial Designer".  This may look like an amateur attempt for what should be a professional enclosure for the IoT devices. This is not the case. This validates dimensions and usability/weather proofing techniques that need to be thought of at the very beginning.
When producing a final product, many stages of validation occur to reduce the final cost of output for a particular product that is manufactured.
It is absolutely necessary to produce a "prototype" prior to actually committing to manufacturing of the physical enclosure. Reduces risk and iterations that incur NRE (Non-Recurring Engineering) cost.

On another specific note, we have a pcb that validates each IoT device on a mesh network using hardware that has cryptographically signed information.
Here is the "rough" draft board design.

What this does, is provide a more difficult way of attacking a mesh network versus attacking multiple sensors within the network with a chip signing mechanism.  

You had asked about the time aspect of validation. If based on btc, there is a 10 minute delay...
When the Smart Contracts and Micro transactions functionalities are combined, this enables very fast data verification and validation with minimal bitcoin blockchain bloat.

If you have received quotes from other people in regards to time, I do not think they have asked you what type of IoT device that would exist in the mesh network to be able to respond accurately to your question.

In the case of our chip, it takes between 10-20 milliseconds to produce a signature that can be authenticated. Depending on the number of devices and their specific roles within the mesh network, this can vary considerably. We are working on datasheets that will accurately identify potential bottlenecks that pertain to the different type of devices and their roles in a mesh network for the IoT.

I hope this helps.

Regards,
ASIC-8Tile

Thanks for replying and sorry for not noticing your post earlier. As I said, I have been interested in your tech from day one, just the level of innovation put me off. However, I can see you work hard and that's one of the most important ingredients of success, and your professional attitude makes me more and more interested in your project.

As for this board, if I see correctly you use Eagle CAD like most hobbyists do. If I invest in your coin and if it required at all, I am happy to get you a few Altium Designer licenses so you will have the proper tool to get the job done.

I assume you will use Atmel security chips to perform the cryptography function - not too many other alternatives for dedicated crypto devices. Here is a friendly advice with the best intention: be very careful with Atmel. I invested last year in a start-up  here in the UK. The boys designed their solution around the previous Atmel Zigbee chip which is based on the ATMega1284, and then Atmel suddenly discontinued the product. Atmel is notorious to do that. So obviously you do what you want, but I would avoid Atmel, especially that their crypto chips are low sellers and they could discontinue them at any time.

Anyway, that issue about Atmel is actually academic because the whole device doesn't make sense (or at least from your description I misunderstood what it does), and to show my good faith, to save you $ 100,000 and from an entirely wrong direction I say this: your approach to handle the mesh network nodes with your custom hardware is completely wrong and unnecessary. What you aim to achieve the industry typically handles with Zigbee modules which make custom designs like yours is completely obsolete. Why do you invent the wheel when the members of Zigbee Allience invested over 1 billion US$ to address low power radio communication and mesh network topology issues? The Zigbee protocol and Zigbee devices are perfectly capable to handle everything what you try to achieve. You see, I just saved your coin from a completely wrong direction and tons of headaches :-))) and I did it in a good faith.

Anyway, thanks for your civil and professional reply, I will read more about what you try to achieve and if everything adds up I will be happy to throw some money into this as well, just like I am interested in all IoT, M2M, smart contract, AI, etc. novel ideas.

Yesterday you where screaming SCAM ... blah ... blah

As you can read it, my last post and suggestions about the hardware has more substance, constructivism and brought more to the table (regardless the DEVs take on board my suggestions or not) than the combined effort of the clueless Chinamen brigade had brought to the table up to date.
I suggest you go back to the BitBay thread. Oh wait ... even the BitBay community - that hypes the price desperately - disowns you and ask you to leave the thread - that says a lot about you.

Or perhaps, you a BitBay boy and you are worry that my suggestions to the DEV makes this process better, they will have a better hardware and therefore they could be more competitive?

Shit! blah ... blah ... blahh

It seems this coin has a hard working, decent, professional DEV and an idiotic Chinamen brigade who learnt from the western world how to use computer, drive car, assemble iPhones - basically everything, except they didn't learn to be rational.

Still, because of the DEV and the Counterparty technology, the fact that TileCoin (if I understood correctly) will be able to handle Bitcoin in the context of IoT application makes this coin perhaps a viable investment opportunity.
Activity: 97
Hi altcoinUK,

I posted a rough draft of the 3D printed "prototype" enclosure from our "Industrial Designer".  This may look like an amateur attempt for what should be a professional enclosure for the IoT devices. This is not the case. This validates dimensions and usability/weather proofing techniques that need to be thought of at the very beginning.
When producing a final product, many stages of validation occur to reduce the final cost of output for a particular product that is manufactured.
It is absolutely necessary to produce a "prototype" prior to actually committing to manufacturing of the physical enclosure. Reduces risk and iterations that incur NRE (Non-Recurring Engineering) cost.

On another specific note, we have a pcb that validates each IoT device on a mesh network using hardware that has cryptographically signed information.

What this does, is provide a more difficult way of attacking a mesh network versus attacking multiple sensors within the network with a chip signing mechanism.  

You had asked about the time aspect of validation. If based on btc, there is a 10 minute delay...
When the Smart Contracts and Micro transactions functionalities are combined, this enables very fast data verification and validation with minimal bitcoin blockchain bloat.

If you have received quotes from other people in regards to time, I do not think they have asked you what type of IoT device that would exist in the mesh network to be able to respond accurately to your question.

In the case of our chip, it takes between 10-20 milliseconds to produce a signature that can be authenticated. Depending on the number of devices and their specific roles within the mesh network, this can vary considerably. We are working on datasheets that will accurately identify potential bottlenecks that pertain to the different type of devices and their roles in a mesh network for the IoT.

I hope this helps.

Regards,
ASIC-8Tile

Thanks for replying and sorry for not noticing your post earlier. As I said, I have been interested in your tech from day one, just the level of innovation put me off. However, I can see you work hard and that's one of the most important ingredients of success, and your professional attitude makes me more and more interested in your project.

As for this board, if I see correctly you use Eagle CAD like most hobbyists do. If I invest in your coin and if it required at all, I am happy to get you a few Altium Designer licenses so you will have the proper tool to get the job done.

I assume you will use Atmel security chips to perform the cryptography function - not too many other alternatives for dedicated crypto devices. Here is a friendly advice with the best intention: be very careful with Atmel. I invested last year in a start-up  here in the UK. The boys designed their solution around the previous Atmel Zigbee chip which is based on the ATMega1284, and then Atmel suddenly discontinued the product. Atmel is notorious to do that. So obviously you do what you want, but I would avoid Atmel, especially that their crypto chips are low sellers and they could discontinue them at any time.

Anyway, that issue about Atmel is actually academic because the whole device doesn't make sense (or at least from your description I misunderstood what it does), and to show my good faith, to save you $ 100,000 and from an entirely wrong direction I say this: your approach to handle the mesh network nodes with your custom hardware is completely wrong and unnecessary. What you aim to achieve the industry typically handles with Zigbee modules which make custom designs like yours is completely obsolete. Why do you invent the wheel when the members of Zigbee Allience invested over 1 billion US$ to address low power radio communication and mesh network topology issues? The Zigbee protocol and Zigbee devices are perfectly capable to handle everything what you try to achieve. You see, I just saved your coin from a completely wrong direction and tons of headaches :-))) and I did it in a good faith.

Anyway, thanks for your civil and professional reply, I will read more about what you try to achieve and if everything adds up I will be happy to throw some money into this as well, just like I am interested in all IoT, M2M, smart contract, AI, etc. novel ideas.

As you can read it, my last post and suggestions about the hardware has more substance, constructivism and brought more to the table (regardless the DEVs take on board my suggestions or not) than the combined effort of the clueless Chinamen brigade had brought to the table up to date.
I suggest you go back to the BitBay thread. Oh wait ... even the BitBay community - that hypes the price desperately - disowns you and ask you to leave the thread - that says a lot about you.

Or perhaps, you a BitBay boy and you are worry that my suggestions to the DEV makes this process better, they will have a better hardware and therefore they could be more competitive?

Shit! We wouldn't buy any of your Gadgetcoin! Please go out from this thread. We really don't want see you again! You're a slimy, pukey piece of shit!
Activity: 784
Hi altcoinUK,

I hope this helps.

Regards,
ASIC-8Tile

Pages:
Jump to: