Author

Topic: [ANN] Zclassic, Zcash Fork No Premine, No 20% Founders Tax - page 163. (Read 339512 times)

Activity: 952
Merit: 500
Is it a strategic exit to accumulate more ZCL and then moon? Or are they coming out slowly? With ZenCash, what is the rationale for maintaining ZCL?

From what I understand ZCL will always be a plain fork of ZEC minus the founders reward, so I'm not sure how much maintaining will be done going forward.
ZenCash is the shiny new version of ZCL where the developers will add their own new features.

So why the split to Zen? They cloned ZCL to just abandoned ZCL?

Sounds scammy to me if that's the case, pretty much anyone holding ZCL after the snapshot is fucked no?

Another SDC in the making? Not really sure the point of Zen, to be honest it seems like a cash grab to me...they could of just rebranded ZCL to Zen and continued with what they have planned for Zen on ZCL seeing from the Zen site, the devs are the same for both coins.

about to pull the sell trigger to be honest, already in loss rather have some of my btc back then watch this drop to zero while no one knows the future of ZCL...
If they would have abandoned Zcl totally as was a talked possibility for a while it would´ve angered even more people + there are many coins that have done swaps to a new coin for a limited time only and those who were unaware of a swap lost their holdings totally!. I´m glad they kept the old chain as it is very useful/promising as a better version of corporateZcash.

People seem angry about the drop in price which was expected as the promise of Zen coins was the main factor in Zclassics recent price hike. Keep up with information about relevent developments, folks!

As there was zero amount as a premine or miners tax to dev-team the Zcl lacked incentive and promotional funds that are crucial to keep up with development so a fairer version is being created for the dev-team.

When Zen is launched and on its way those who have Zencoins will be very happy.

Any change could of been done in ZCL, if developments they were looking for they could of just did a hard fork and upped the supply a few million and use those as a development fund. From what I understand this wasn't a swap from ZCL to ZEN though, it was a snapshot of ZCL blockchain, ZEN basically hard forked from ZCL and cloned it. Created a new coin from an old coin, seeing they are the same devs for both coins...not sure how they are going to work on both, doubt it to be honest. One is going to be abandoned that more likely it's going to be ZCL imo.

To be honest this doesn't sound right, not yelling scam or anything but this has that written all over it. They could of did a swap from ZCL to ZEN, have that run for a few months and move onto ZEN.

ZCL was pumped before the snapshot, dumped after the snapshot. Shit ton of money was made on ZCL and now free ZEN which will get pumped too...I can't overlook that the devs might have a hand in that...sorry but there's too many schemes and tricks devs in crypto have pulled to suck cash out of people.
Activity: 422
Merit: 251
Pasl [Xci-r.i.p.] Eth Zcl Kmd Zen Rep Xmr Sc Neo
Is it a strategic exit to accumulate more ZCL and then moon? Or are they coming out slowly? With ZenCash, what is the rationale for maintaining ZCL?

From what I understand ZCL will always be a plain fork of ZEC minus the founders reward, so I'm not sure how much maintaining will be done going forward.
ZenCash is the shiny new version of ZCL where the developers will add their own new features.

Sounds scammy to me if that's the case, pretty much anyone holding ZCL after the snapshot is fucked no?

Another SDC in the making? Not really sure the point of Zen, to be honest it seems like a cash grab to me...they could of just rebranded ZCL to Zen and continued with what they have planned for Zen on ZCL seeing from the Zen site, the devs are the same for both coins.

about to pull the sell trigger to be honest, already in loss rather have some of my btc back then watch this drop to zero while no one knows the future of ZCL...
If they would have abandoned Zcl totally as was a talked possibility for a while it would´ve angered even more people + there are many coins that have done swaps to a new coin for a limited time only and those who were unaware of a swap lost their holdings totally!. I´m glad they kept the old chain as it is very useful/promising as a better version of corporateZcash.

People seem angry about the drop in price which was expected as the promise of Zen coins was the main factor in Zclassics recent price hike. Keep up with information about relevent developments, folks!

As there was zero amount as a premine or miners tax to dev-team the Zcl lacked incentive and promotional funds that are crucial to keep up with development so a fairer version is being created for the dev-team.

When Zen is launched and on its way those who have Zencoins will be very happy.

Activity: 88
Merit: 10
You can exercise so patience the dump is general , give it 2-5 months it will bounce back. If its cash grab as you said then definitely they will pump it again.
Activity: 952

Activity: 422
Merit: 251
Pasl [Xci-r.i.p.] Eth Zcl Kmd Zen Rep Xmr Sc Neo
Who are the ZEC devs?
Not sure if you´re in a correct thread (Zec or Zcl?)

Here´s a video of Zen launch and the people behind Zcl/Zencash.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lL5jNBGAeS0
Activity: 585
Who are the ZEC devs?
Activity: 42
Merit: 0
Zclassic community

Dmitry Bogatov arrested by Russian authorities
bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=1926575.0

we will host Tor .exit node for you one month

donate $20 bitcoin 1NdPTtvkHdhzx2SUVnvx5TWdeNEC8cEjFn

server named freeBogatov or KAction

demo atlas.torproject.org/#details/5055DFEDFAA4B7134CDCE10776E911E5617776A6

idea if one server switched off will build 100 more

help freebogatov.org/en/

Run a Tor relay with nickname that contains Bogatov or KAction in solidarity.

Tor activists have launched a flashmob on April 12 and call all Tor relay administrators to run or rename their relays using #freeBogatov or #KAction.

Tor Project website has a guide on how to do it. You can run relay at your home (In that case it recommended to not run an exit relay, but middle relay, that way no negative activity will come from your IP.

You can also limit bandwidth if you don't want to give full bandwidth to the Tor network) or rent a server. Here is a list of hosters tried by activists who are running Tor relays. As for April 18, 45 relays and exit nodes have been launched in solidarity with Dmitry. See here and here to view the lists of relays.

link to your coin or project added to contact  good for social media promotion

every community raised total of $20 donation value we will build Tor .exit server one month hosting

Zclassic(ZCL) t1NCKFuAyqvWKvdwhnLAN7ghoHhhjYBD5XZ

#freeBogatov  #KAction

freeBogatov and KAction funded servers list https://bitcointalksearch.org/topic/m.19190714
legendary
Activity: 1862
Merit: 1505
Isn't there any clear road-map of ZCL anymore for upcoming developments?

I hope it wouldn't be left in dust by the developers, ZCL does have a lot of potential.
Activity: 650
Merit: 502

Activity: 604
Merit: 252
Activity: 138
Merit: 101
maybe this sounds just too much like common sense... maybe im missing something...
But if ZCL is the original taxless version of ZEC... the real zcash.... it must superpump soon no...? ZEC just went mental on the JP Morgan news...but essentially zec and zcl are the same coin, no?

Its not like with etc and eth... thats a platform token... and as long as nobody seriously develops on etc, of course eth will grow much faster...

But zcl and ec are just a coin on zero knowledge tech..

So either zec is factor 10 overpriced and/or zcl is factor 10 underpriced... right?

All ZCL needs is a kickass wallet and some tweeks and its the same as zec right? even better....

Anyone here thinks ZCL will rocket soon?
I don't understand. I had 1000 zclassic before decrease. Now I have 1000 zclassic, and 1000 zencash. If I sell my zclassic will I lost zencash? and what you think, what will be price for zencash and zclassic after 30 may? I don't know what I should do... Huh

No if you sell zcl, you will not lose your zen. Hold both.
What will happen with ZCL? Any predictions? Can this new ZEN create more interest and influence slow abandoning of ZCL, or as we had example with KMD , ZCL now can be extremely pumped now when number of coins is lower and price is good for start? But also can go down due to lack of official information.  Thoughts about this?

It all depends on how well ZEN does imho, as that is what all the focus is on now.
The current price of ZCL is not good, but if ZEN does well then it will probably bring the price of ZCL up as well.
However if ZEN does well then it could also cause the price of ZCL to fall even further as no one might really care about ZCL anymore, who knows.
But if ZEN doesn't do well then its safe to say its very bad news for ZCL.

ZEN and ZCL are now independent chains entirely. IMO one thriving has little to do with the other. I suspect ZCL will be more influenced by ZEC as it is will continue to be a carbon copy of ZEC without the tax. What matters for either coin to thrive is network effect. If enough people are interested, through economic incentive, then it will thrive.
Activity: 31
I don't understand. I had 1000 zclassic before decrease. Now I have 1000 zclassic, and 1000 zencash. If I sell my zclassic will I lost zencash? and what you think, what will be price for zencash and zclassic after 30 may? I don't know what I should do... Huh

Activity: 40
However if ZEN does well then it could also cause the price of ZCL to fall even further as no one might really care about ZCL anymore, who knows.

You're saying that's it's very bad news in both case Cheesy
Activity: 650
Merit: 502
What will happen with ZCL? Any predictions? Can this new ZEN create more interest and influence slow abandoning of ZCL, or as we had example with KMD , ZCL now can be extremely pumped now when number of coins is lower and price is good for start? But also can go down due to lack of official information.  Thoughts about this?

It all depends on how well ZEN does imho, as that is what all the focus is on now.
The current price of ZCL is not good, but if ZEN does well then it will probably bring the price of ZCL up as well.
Activity: 42
Zclassic community

Dmitry Bogatov arrested by Russian authorities
bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=1926575.0

we will host Tor .exit node for you one month

donate $20 bitcoin 1NdPTtvkHdhzx2SUVnvx5TWdeNEC8cEjFn

server named freeBogatov or KAction

demo atlas.torproject.org/#details/5055DFEDFAA4B7134CDCE10776E911E5617776A6

idea if one server switched off will build 100 more

help freebogatov.org/en/

Run a Tor relay with nickname that contains Bogatov or KAction in solidarity.

Tor activists have launched a flashmob on April 12 and call all Tor relay administrators to run or rename their relays using #freeBogatov or #KAction.

Tor Project website has a guide on how to do it. You can run relay at your home (In that case it recommended to not run an exit relay, but middle relay, that way no negative activity will come from your IP.

You can also limit bandwidth if you don't want to give full bandwidth to the Tor network) or rent a server. Here is a list of hosters tried by activists who are running Tor relays. As for April 18, 45 relays and exit nodes have been launched in solidarity with Dmitry. See here and here to view the lists of relays.

link to your coin or project added to contact  good for social media promotion

every community raised total of $20 donation value we will build Tor .exit server one month hosting

Zclassic(ZCL) t1NCKFuAyqvWKvdwhnLAN7ghoHhhjYBD5XZ

#freeBogatov  #KAction
legendary
Activity: 2380
Merit: 1026
legendary
Activity: 1241
Merit: 1005
..like bright metal on a sullen ground.
I bought zclassic on 5/21 I dont see zencash in my bittrex wallet whats up ?

Is the fork tonight at 9pm EST?

Looks like Zencash distribution is delayed for a week:

Delayed according to slack channel Sad

blockops [2:59 PM]
@channel
7 Day Delay in ZenCash Launch

During extensive testing of the ZenCash node software prior to launch our developers and community members identified an intermittent issue with transaction completion. Some of the transactions completed successfully on the testnet, and others did not.

Through working to identify the issue they discovered that one of the changes made to prevent transaction replay between the ZenCash and Zclassic blockchains caused the problem.

The code changes required to fix the intermittent issue are extensive and require more time than we have before launch tonight.

Because of this issue, the ZenCash core team decided to delay the launch by 7 days, to May 30th. This decision was not made lightly, but due to the nature of the launch, where 1,375,000 ZenCash tokens will immediately come into existance, we decided it was more important to be 100% certain the ZenCash blockchain, node software, and wallets are working properly before launch.

Thank you very much to the ZenCash community developers who have worked diligently these last few days to troubleshoot and identify the issue.

Thank you to everyone that has supporting ZenCash so far, and we look forward to a launch in 7 days.
Activity: 64
Merit: 10
I bought zclassic on 5/21 I dont see zencash in my bittrex wallet whats up ?

Is the fork tonight at 9pm EST?
No.The fork was after block 110000, it was 18 may.
Unfortunatelly you can't got free ZEN.
Tonight will the launch ZEN mainnet,no fork.

on the zen website, they say if you have zcl b4 launch on 23 may you will be given ZEN....

23 May was actually the predicted time for block 110000 to cross off.

But it seems like the prediction was wrong, it got crossed 1 day before.

well thats their problem Smiley i want my free Zen coins....
Jump to: