Author

Topic: [ANN] Zcoin (XZC) - Implementing ZKP privacy without trusted setup - page 151. (Read 663229 times)

Activity: 1004
Merit: 268
Firo (FIRO)
..I've missed the MPH mining launch, is that the lyra2z algo same as MPH, or?
Which miner is it working with it also?

Yes MPH is working on
http://zcoin.miningpoolhub.com/

The default miners work on it that are recommended on it.

legendary
Activity: 1512
Merit: 1000
quarkchain.io
..I've missed the MPH mining launch, is that the lyra2z algo same as MPH, or?
Which miner is it working with it also?
Activity: 55
Merit: 0
There was an orphan block issue which can be resolved by going to Help > Debug Window > Console and typing in:

invalidateblock 36b6773ada5f879af88cae474c530c72cdcb0f40970890b60241d36a765cee8

This should put you on the correct chain. The fix has already been pushed on Github but are testing binaries.

We're starting our own pool soon to reduce problems like this at least until more pools pop up.

As for MPH stealing hashrate, we investigated into this with MPH and don't think this is true but due to an issue with people using Tpruvot's ccminer which has some differences from djm34's version.
Djm34 will come up with an official version soon for this but there's a community modified miner for this by ckraziel

Use binaries at own risk but I tested the miner and it seems okay and he did a pull request with the requested modification.
https://github.com/tpruvot/ccminer/pull/24

ccminer 2.2.1 x64 cuda 9: https://drive.google.com/open?id=0Bz5n9rB3aWeYYlpSVklUTTVIWGc
ccminer 2.2.1 x86 cuda 9: https://drive.google.com/open?id=0Bz5n9rB3aWeYaHZ1c0U1a3VGYkk

again.... why there is not version for linux?. No linux, no serious/knowledgeable team behind.

legendary
Activity: 2688
Merit: 1240
There was an orphan block issue which can be resolved by going to Help > Debug Window > Console and typing in:

This should put you on the correct chain. The fix has already been pushed on Github but are testing binaries.

Great that you find the issue after someone mined > 8h on the broken version of your wallet. Maybe you should think about developing and testing on testnet next time.

As for MPH stealing hashrate, we investigated into this with MPH and don't think this is true but due to an issue with people using Tpruvot's ccminer which has some differences from djm34's version.
Djm34 will come up with an official version soon for this but there's a community modified miner for this by ckraziel

Use binaries at own risk but I tested the miner and it seems okay and he did a pull request with the requested modification.

ccminer 2.2.1 x64 cuda 9: https://drive.google.com/open?id=0Bz5n9rB3aWeYYlpSVklUTTVIWGc
ccminer 2.2.1 x86 cuda 9: https://drive.google.com/open?id=0Bz5n9rB3aWeYaHZ1c0U1a3VGYkk

There's no problem with tpruvot's miner at all, why would hashrate be displayed correctly on other pools but not on MPH? But it's always good to "fix" things by breaking them.

And did you even check what's in the commit of that pull request ? It's basically just commenting out submitting stale shares:

https://github.com/tpruvot/ccminer/pull/24/commits/ab4487105eb2766face0b52db1a778fd1220fd39

I wonder if there's ANY technological knowledge here as I cannot see any kind of positive development whatsoever...

The old wallet is based on 0.8.x branch of bitcoin.. Years old.

Syncing takes about a week to finish to the current chain.

"importprivkey" forces a full resync of the chain - 2 weeks

Moving wallet.dat away (for backup) and restarting the wallet - again a full resync (2 weeks)...

"getblocktemplate" often says "connectinputs() failed" and doesn't deliver a template to work on

If there are several (zerocoin) tx'es in mempool the wallet responds slower and slower to getblocktemplate or other queries.

Maybe you want to fix up at least A FEW things and work with other pools as well as just with 95% hashrate centralization "MPH" fixing things for them in their favour.

I agree with all of you as for MPH vs. Suprnova comparison. However, what's worse, hash 'disappeared' or no working pool?.

My card produces  about 2900 Hash/second.
--supernova
(begin)  sep 21 13:55:53 CEST 2017  --> 0 zcoin
(end)    sep 28 09:58:04 CEST 2017 --> 1.31968557  
***0.1932 zcoins/day

If always on-line that should have produced 0.26 zcoins/day (averaged value when all works fine)

Activity: 1
Any plans when a hardware wallet integration for Trezor or Ledger might be released?
Activity: 1004
Merit: 268
Firo (FIRO)
There was an orphan block issue (stuck at block 54010) which can be resolved by going to Help > Debug Window > Console and typing in:

We're starting our own pool soon to reduce problems like this at least until more pools pop up.

Activity: 99
Merit: 10
unfortunately the new "core_upgrade" wallet i've migrated to seems buggy as hell.. once it found a block it forked off the main chain and got stuck on that (found) block.

I'll go back to the stoneage-codebase wallet now, wait a lifetime for the resync (approx 3 days), then process the payouts and FINALLY close the pool for this coin, i'm done with it.

Bad news, I like suprnova. Maybe devs can help? Or let's go to zpool, we need to spread the hashrate.
Activity: 243
Merit: 100
Suprnova down again Omg. This is ridiculus omg!

ocminer said he closed the pool. Read the suprnova info: "Pool is currently closed due to very poor quality of the coin, not syncable wallets and random crashes"
Activity: 326
Merit: 250
Suprnova down again Omg. This is ridiculus omg!
Activity: 2548
Merit: 626
and another 6 hours of mining gone...enough is enough.
Activity: 308
Merit: 10
I started to mine on suprnova like 5 hours ago. So far all seems good. Just block finding is super slow. We need more hashrate on Suprnova. DOnt mine on that shity mininghubpool that steals ur hashrate or reject part of it if you use ccminer.

unfortunately the new "core_upgrade" wallet i've migrated to seems buggy as hell.. once it found a block it forked off the main chain and got stuck on that (found) block.

I'll go back to the stoneage-codebase wallet now, wait a lifetime for the resync (approx 3 days), then process the payouts and FINALLY close the pool for this coin, i'm done with it.

we really need suprnova to be back, i dont want to mine on a pool which steals my hashrate
fully agreed, suprnova is much preferrable for me than MPH
Activity: 243
Merit: 100
I started to mine on suprnova like 5 hours ago. So far all seems good. Just block finding is super slow. We need more hashrate on Suprnova. DOnt mine on that shity mininghubpool that steals ur hashrate or reject part of it if you use ccminer.

we really need suprnova to be back, i dont want to mine on a pool which steals my hashrate
Activity: 3

That didn't happen on MPH, did it ?

You can see from all the comments how eager miners are to jump back on SN, name a single coin that is glitch-free .. shit happens buddy, Just work it out and get the pool back running :-) 
Activity: 25
Which pool is good now?  Just hopped on to xzc.
MPH is reporting half my hashrates and shares are low.

suprnova seems to be not functioning. 
legendary
Activity: 2688
Merit: 1240

Activity: 326
Merit: 250
Activity: 28
@mrb, curious, why you're negative on the things while dev team are trying to make improvements, instead of offering constructive suggestions?? I would turn to something else if I don't like this rather than wasting time.

Not negative. I was just teasing hidetoshi, hence the smiley Smiley

I didn't take it as negative. I was actually laughing at the irony of the situation when I saw your post Smiley

As promised, after months of R&D we have submitted our MTP research to the Zcoin bounty program. This level of research takes time to mature but we are now comfortable enough with its current state that we can share our findings for additional peer review to further improve this technology. Our unannounced project "Doubloon" (not related to [BOAT]) has formed an internal skunkworks program to further the research and development of technologies related to our project. As a project, we are moving towards the proposed "Itsuku" variant defined in section 4.3 of the whitepaper.

Our hope is this cross project collaboration will serve as a benchmark for other projects to work together.

http://docdro.id/GYEk2YB
surpnova dies too often, don't know why is that, i like it more than MPH, but i lost 6 hours of mining last night because of that, so if that continues i have to change pool..

I stopped at suprnova, since at least 1 day, if not two,  of mining has been completed lost for me. Zero earnings during the last two days of minning.
I disconnected today, and probably they won't reward me for any of the last two days.

I don't like mininghubpool for Zcoin, I think much hash disappears, they consistently show lower hashrate than the real one.
I've done tests, and I get more coins in supernova.  However, I'm returning to MPH because of  how bad managed is supernova.

Activity: 2548
Merit: 626
surpnova dies too often, don't know why is that, i like it more than MPH, but i lost 6 hours of mining last night because of that, so if that continues i have to change pool..
Jump to: