Pages:
Author

Topic: [ANN][0.8.6] Hirocoin - X11 - NGW - Secured Blockchain - Time Warp Limitation - page 2. (Read 271593 times)

Activity: 392
Merit: 250
Haha, I'm a fan of the current logo however the Godzilla may appear in future Hirocoin media and branding.

Debating whether or not to switch the multipool off and to mine HIRO directly. Currently the bid ask spread is wide and it may be the most profitable option.

Also after the hardfork, mining HIRO directly will reduce the block reward which should help clamp down on the market saturation. It may be the best move...

I have made a separate official Hirocoin pool located here : http://omargpools.ca/hiros
legendary
Activity: 3066
Merit: 1115
After discussing with various members of the Hirocoin community and outside parties it's been decided that we will be hard-forking into the Dynamic Reward System.

The code is simple enough, we get the average of the last 100 difficulty values and then divide that into the current difficulty to get the weight to apply to the coin reward. The new coin reward can go from 40 to 400 depending on whether the difficulty is going up, down or remains static.

The hardfork date will be set for September 22nd at block 285,500.

I will be taking over the project for now unless Hiro himself opposes the takeover.

MintPal, Poloniex and all pools will be contacted shortly to be asked to update to the new client on my github.

https://github.com/OmarxGx/Hirocoin

So it's omarGcoin now? Can we go back to the cool godzilla logo?
After discussing with various members of the Hirocoin community and outside parties it's been decided that we will be hard-forking into the Dynamic Reward System.

The code is simple enough, we get the average of the last 100 difficulty values and then divide that into the current difficulty to get the weight to apply to the coin reward. The new coin reward can go from 40 to 400 depending on whether the difficulty is going up, down or remains static.

The hardfork date will be set for September 22nd at block 285,500.

I will be taking over the project for now unless Hiro himself opposes the takeover.

MintPal, Poloniex and all pools will be contacted shortly to be asked to update to the new client on my github.

https://github.com/OmarxGx/Hirocoin

Activity: 887
Merit: 253
Hiro will be back in 2014, waiting for him to complete the task.
Activity: 118
Merit: 10
Thanks for the vote of confidence. If the community does agree to have me take over temporarily I'd like to select a hardfork date / block # for when the dynamic reward system will be implemented. I feel that it's important that we do use this system sooner rather than later to help the ailing HIRO market.

From there merchant services to have HIRO usable would be the #1 priority then some branding refinement.

I was suggesting you take over *permanently.*
Thanks for the vote of confidence. If the community does agree to have me take over temporarily I'd like to select a hardfork date / block # for when the dynamic reward system will be implemented. I feel that it's important that we do use this system sooner rather than later to help the ailing HIRO market.

From there merchant services to have HIRO usable would be the #1 priority then some branding refinement.
Activity: 118
Merit: 10
Thanks for the resposne tempestb, I know you've been around for awhile. If I am voted in as interim developer hopefully I can rekindle your interest in Hirocoin until Hiro himself returns.

I have posted the poll and it is now open for voting.

https://www.hirocoin.org/forum/index.php?topic=711.0

Omar - you are quality. I think the community can see you have good intentions. I think most (if not all) Hiro holders have lost faith in Hiro. I'd be more open to having you take over completely. Hiro's absence and holier than thou behavior has me seeing him more as a liability rather than an asset.
Thanks for the resposne tempestb, I know you've been around for awhile. If I am voted in as interim developer hopefully I can rekindle your interest in Hirocoin until Hiro himself returns.

I have posted the poll and it is now open for voting.

https://www.hirocoin.org/forum/index.php?topic=711.0
Activity: 729
Merit: 500
Omar, you're a good guy and I trust you have the best interest of the coin at heart.  However, it's Hiro's coin and if he's just going to half-ass it and only show up when he's not working on other coins, what's the point?  The coin is dead.  Hiro abandoned it.  He's not even putting in the minimum effort to keep it alive here.  It's obvious he doesn't care.  I guess in the end it was just some pump and dump coin he created and now he's off to other things.  There are far better coins out there with active devs making real progress.  Better to invest time and money in those than this waste of cash.  I'm sorry I put as much money into it as I did.  I had heard Hiro was a talented coder, and that this was his personal pet project, but it's apparent now that he's lost interest in it.

So have I...
I can continue the development if the community agrees to upgrade to a client from my github. Hiro has seem to become busy these last few months. The dynamic reward system was coded by him though, it is actually under his development branch from the main github.

We can implement this system which should immediately provide relief for the HIRO market and reduce the number of coins produced daily. I can then implement features as requested by the community. I can set up a poll and we can vote on the desired features.

Hiro has said this is a long term project so I am merely just stepping in temporarily until he returns to continue development.

What does everyone think about this?
Activity: 2170
Merit: 640
Undeads.com - P2E Runner Game
What a crap coin, sorry to say.
You were big a hope for a lot of people.
But you failed, fucker.
legendary
Activity: 924
Merit: 1000
Bitfarms.io
Greetings,

Just to inform y'all that Suchpool reverted back to the official source.

It seems the hardfork is not well supported amongst the community and we will stick to the previous source unless things change. Sorry for the inconvenience!

Thank you,

www.SuchPool.pw/hiro

eth2
SuchPool Administrator
[email protected]
www.suchpool.pw
Attention: The update to the new client will be halted until Hiro himself has produced a statement approving the update.

There seems to be unwillingness to proceed with an update not from the main github account so I will postpone the update to prevent having two networks and chains.
legendary
Activity: 2660
Merit: 1240
Sorry mate but i always only incooperate and merge changes from the official github repo of a project, This has not been updated. 
Activity: 364
I have contacted Poloniex to update their client to resolve the freezing market issue. I will update this post to confirm that they will be ready for the hard fork tomorrow.

What about mintpal, will they be on this too?

They have been contacted also.

Ok thanks, please confirm the exchanges agreed to fork.
Activity: 336
Can i ask why it's not the official dev that post a new wallet ?
I have contacted Poloniex to update their client to resolve the freezing market issue. I will update this post to confirm that they will be ready for the hard fork tomorrow.

They have been contacted also.
Activity: 364

Update to the newest client using the github I posted above. I will compile windows binaries shortly.

Is it also ok if I do nothing but wait till the new windows binaries are available?

Yes that is fine. Your coins will be safe.
Activity: 340
Update to the newest client using the github I posted above. I will compile windows binaries shortly.

Is it also ok if I do nothing but wait till the new windows binaries are available?
Pages:
Jump to: