Pages:
Author

Topic: [ANN][0.8.6] Hirocoin - X11 - NGW - Secured Blockchain - Time Warp Limitation - page 6. (Read 271593 times)

Activity: 729
Merit: 500
Of course it has a demand problem.  The point of restricting the coins being created is to allow the market time to soak up the existing inventory of coins.  Investors like myself are not going to buy coins at 100 Satoshi when the miners are dumping half a million a day into the market.  I didn't invest in the coin to subsidize mining.  The idea behind the restrictive nature of coins during mining for Hiro Coin is that if few people are mining, fewer coins are produced, which allows investors like myself and others to buy coins and not get our investment diluted instantly by dumpers. 

When the hash rate is spread around to more miners, the reward increases (It's based on difficulty) so that there is less chance people dump huge numbers of coins on the fragile market.  There's a reason why Government's don't just produce as many dollars as possible as rapidly as possible.  They restrict the money supply to allow inflation conditions to stabilize.  Here we have a runaway train.  There is far more supply than there is take up, so before we try to absorb that supply, we need to choke off the pipe.

Miners will mine the coin when it's profitable.  It doesn't matter if you think less coins is going to hurt the coin because miners won't adopt it.  The miners will adopt it as the price rises.  The price will rise as supply is lessened.  That's simple math.

Now, of course Hiro needs to come in here with a roadmap and tell folks HOW he's going to get the coin into people's hands.  By putting effort into developing the coin and the apps around the coin.  Making it easier for third parties to develop around the coin.  We also need something that sparks interest and divides us from other coins that are basically doing the exact same stuff.  If you want to be an alternative crypto that matters, you need to have something that people want.

But that takes time for him to develop and nobody really knows what the uptake on new stuff is.  For his credit, he tried the barcode thing, but that hasn't gained much traction.

I'm all for buying millions of coins, but I'm not going to do it with half a million being produced every day.  It's ridiculous!

Nobody in their right mind is going to invest in a coin where the developer is absent, coins are being dumped, and the miners are asking for more coins.  We're on an express train to fail.  Coin restriction is only going to matter if the coin is over supplied like it is now.  Once the supply is taken up, everyone gets their coins.  It's a win win situation.  You can't mine in these conditions right now, the coin isn't worth anything.  You have to stop the oil spill, clean up the mess, and build a proper pipeline.
Activity: 75
Merit: 10
hope Hirocoin will pick-up again... we just wish for the best for this crypto...

Wink
Activity: 8
Merit: 0
execoin, that is facing currently similar inflation problems as HiroCoin is reducing the block reward from 50 coins to max 20 / minimum 5 via a hardfork on the 30th of July. Let's watch how the market reacts on that one and take some notes.

Hirocoin does not face inflation problems..it has demand problems. There is not demand for HIRO because the lack of marketing.

How will market react on Execoin? My guess is there will be some buzz around it when the change happens and price will rise for a while. A lot of holders will dump it. After a while when things settle down it will go down in price and noone will ever trust the coin again since they are changing the fundamentals.
Activity: 336
Merit: 250
execoin, that is facing currently similar inflation problems as HiroCoin is reducing the block reward from 50 coins to max 20 / minimum 5 via a hardfork on the 30th of July. Let's watch how the market reacts on that one and take some notes.
legendary
Activity: 1904
Merit: 1003
Update: Hiro is now back from France and is finishing up his last projects. He is hoping to finish them in the next couple of days and get to work on Hirocoin.

Why? It's @ 22 satoshi yet. He fucked up all investors. Even if he is goinh to implement something strong, expect pump to 200 sat. Price never will go back to 3k.
Activity: 392
Update: Hiro is now back from France and is finishing up his last projects. He is hoping to finish them in the next couple of days and get to work on Hirocoin.
Hello Hirocoin supporters..
I appreciate the enthusiasm in reviving this coin but let's please stop seeing the coin through the miners eyes for a second.
Miners only care about the profitability, they do not care about the coin. They come or go as they see a profit. There are a few that are speculating that this coin will be worth a lot more now which are all those that hold the coin (myself included) or mine it even if it is not profitable atm.

The problem with this coin or any coin is not the coin supply or the coin algorithm. It's the marketing.
Besides the exchanges there is no real usage of the coin so it's really a pump and dump scheme all around. If there was enough buzz on the exchanges there would be a price rise followed by an inevitable decline in price. Becouse if the coin is not used in real life it's pretty much worthless. This goes for all of the coins of course.

So the problem of the coins worth is getting the coin to be accepted with merchants, marketplaces, online shops, ...
Multipool was a thing is right direction, but it's been on for quite some time now and the page is still not finished.

What are guys that 'took over the coin' done in this regard, that is making the coin more recognized in the crypto world?
Nothing really, or at least there are no signs or result of it.. Only waiting for HeroS to do something.
And this is not enough. Not nearly enough.

Get in touch with online shops, make them use and accept Hiro as payment, then it will have some worth and price will rise etc..

HiroS is one of the best developers, i think we can ll agree with that. He made the coin safe, transparent and secure.
All that the consumer needs to use the coin. Now it's the marketing side to sell the product.

Please do not talk about changing the coin supply or even algorithm. These are not the problems with our beloved Hirocoin.

Just my 2HIRO cents..

HIRO is accepted in PL, quote from one of the shops:
"From this day forward we accept cryptocurrency in exchange for IT hardware (workstations, mining rigs etc.). Contact us to get your calculation in cryptocurrency your interested in dealing with - we accept matured coins (BitCoin BTC; LiteCoin LTC; LogiCoin LGC; HiroCoin HIRO; DarkCoin DRK and others)! We invite all to purchase IT goods at nuclearIT.pl for Cryptocurrencies! (all purchases are documented with according invoice!)"

quote from: nuclearIT.pl

Yeah, and you need 50% of the coin supply for a nice mining rig ROFL
Activity: 45
I appreciate the enthusiasm in reviving this coin but let's please stop seeing the coin through the miners eyes for a second.
Miners only care about the profitability, they do not care about the coin. They come or go as they see a profit. There are a few that are speculating that this coin will be worth a lot more now which are all those that hold the coin (myself included) or mine it even if it is not profitable atm.

The problem with this coin or any coin is not the coin supply or the coin algorithm. It's the marketing.
Besides the exchanges there is no real usage of the coin so it's really a pump and dump scheme all around. If there was enough buzz on the exchanges there would be a price rise followed by an inevitable decline in price. Becouse if the coin is not used in real life it's pretty much worthless. This goes for all of the coins of course.

So the problem of the coins worth is getting the coin to be accepted with merchants, marketplaces, online shops, ...
Multipool was a thing is right direction, but it's been on for quite some time now and the page is still not finished.

What are guys that 'took over the coin' done in this regard, that is making the coin more recognized in the crypto world?
Nothing really, or at least there are no signs or result of it.. Only waiting for HeroS to do something.

Get in touch with online shops, make them use and accept Hiro as payment, then it will have some worth and price will rise etc..

HiroS is one of the best developers, i think we can ll agree with that. He made the coin safe, transparent and secure.
All that the consumer needs to use the coin. Now it's the marketing side to sell the product.

Please do not talk about changing the coin supply or even algorithm. These are not the problems with our beloved Hirocoin.

Just my 2HIRO cents..

HIRO is accepted in PL, quote from one of the shops:
"From this day forward we accept cryptocurrency in exchange for IT hardware (workstations, mining rigs etc.). Contact us to get your calculation in cryptocurrency your interested in dealing with - we accept matured coins (BitCoin BTC; LiteCoin LTC; LogiCoin LGC; HiroCoin HIRO; DarkCoin DRK and others)! We invite all to purchase IT goods at nuclearIT.pl for Cryptocurrencies! (all purchases are documented with according invoice!)"

quote from: nuclearIT.pl
Activity: 770
27 satoshi...

It has really hit a value x100 times lower that when it started trading?

Again , not every coins is a success but I am a bit worried that coins that looked a bit promising are suffering the same fate?

Its sad to see Hiro's price but its also true that when many scam coins are doing well , the ones that looked promising are sinking into oblivion.
Activity: 8

Just my 2HIRO cents..
27 satoshi...

Again , not every coins is a success but I am a bit worried that coins that looked a bit promising are suffering the same fate?

That's what happens when your developer is so full of himself that can't be bothered to write a couple of sentences to the community once in a few days.
Activity: 826
Merit: 501
in defi we trust
27 satoshi...

Activity: 196
Merit: 100
Should we make a bounty fund for a new developer to take the coin over and fork it according to community voted specs? I am willing to put 300k HIRO to the fund if at least 9 other people do the same.
Activity: 196
Merit: 100
As promised here is the source for the app. I was unable to get in touch with the devs so some features are held. The Hiropool API system has been tested to be working with the api. Enter www.hiropool.org/hiro for the api url to get the info.

https://github.com/OmarxGx/cryptoGlance-web-app
you need to join a different team man... you are working too hard for nothing.
As promised here is the source for the app. I was unable to get in touch with the devs so some features are held. The Hiropool API system has been tested to be working with the api. Enter www.hiropool.org/hiro for the api url to get the info.

https://github.com/OmarxGx/cryptoGlance-web-app
Activity: 840
Twitter: @FedKassad
Activity: 110
Merit: 10
GREAT NEWS. NOW I CAN SELL MY 130k COINS, MINED ~3 MONTHS FOR 0.0344 BTC. THANK YOU, HIROS!!
Looking for shmexy coins!
The last time I've spoken with him was on July 9th. We discussed adding a web wallet and agreed that it would be a useful feature to be implemented. Unfortunately it was a short conversation and didn't get a chance to ask how close he was to finishing up his other projects so that he could implement the dynamic block reward.

He has said earlier that it would be done within the month of July. Regarding the HiroPool Monitoring App, I was unable to get into contact with the original devs of the app to release a more clean solution but I will release the app as promised on github. It will be updated to include the additional features I wanted to add as soon as I get the ok from the apps original devs.

So why is HiroS acting like some kind of celebrity and is one of few coin developers that apparently need a spokesperson? He should learn a thing or two from his buddy Evan Duffield and engage a lot more with his "community". If he can't be bothered with this coin, he should just let people know so we all move on. Or perhaps another developer might be interested in forking the coin and taking over.
The last time I've spoken with him was on July 9th. We discussed adding a web wallet and agreed that it would be a useful feature to be implemented. Unfortunately it was a short conversation and didn't get a chance to ask how close he was to finishing up his other projects so that he could implement the dynamic block reward.

He has said earlier that it would be done within the month of July. Regarding the HiroPool Monitoring App, I was unable to get into contact with the original devs of the app to release a more clean solution but I will release the app as promised on github. It will be updated to include the additional features I wanted to add as soon as I get the ok from the apps original devs.
Pages:
Jump to: