Pages:
Author

Topic: [ANN][0.8.6] Hirocoin - X11 - NGW - Secured Blockchain - Time Warp Limitation - page 80. (Read 271641 times)

Activity: 238
Merit: 100
Please look at this transaction and fix.  I sent coins yesterday and they are still 0 confirms

Date: 3/30/2014 20:10
To: mintpal HMmEP9kdYXikNWCxMKiPbGhEgkFtMmSVUp
Debit: -1200.00 HIC
Transaction fee: -0.01 HIC
Net amount: -1200.01 HIC
Transaction ID: dbc65e9bc3aab600c1b7b9727def21986bc4172751d0dc4c504b515c8f726146

I've since raised my transaction fee, regardless these coins are stuck and need to be fixed.

I'm guessing that you have closed and reopen the client a few times?

If all else fails you can import the private key for the sending address into a new wallet.dat file. It should import without the transaction and allow you to send the funds again. PM me and I can step you through the process.

Thanks for the tip and fixing.  All 6 confirms came through.  Yes I opened and closed it a few times, I didn't know that would have a negative effect.
Activity: 140
Please look at this transaction and fix.  I sent coins yesterday and they are still 0 confirms

Transaction ID: dbc65e9bc3aab600c1b7b9727def21986bc4172751d0dc4c504b515c8f726146

I've since raised my transaction fee, regardless these coins are stuck and need to be fixed.

I'm guessing that you have closed and reopen the client a few times?

If all else fails you can import the private key for the sending address into a new wallet.dat file. It should import without the transaction and allow you to send the funds again. PM me and I can step you through the process.
Litecoin devs are a bit odd. Their attitude reminds me of early Bitcoiners who used to hate on alts, except that Litecoin is an alt. Litecoin was one of the original champions for altcoins and made good arguments as to why we need alts. They now spend time putting down other people's efforts and the attitude seems to be that there only needs to be two coins. Warren is an excellent developer who does a lot of good for Litecoin and their auxiliary projects like Bitcoin-OMG. I would like to see him embrace the fact that we are working in open source and people can try out variations. Alts also work in an open source space and the solutions found could be used to improve crypto across the board so let them experiment, diversity is healthy for evolving software.
Activity: 812
Merit: 1000
thanks for the relpy

somebody will have a nice surprise one day Smiley

btw: HIC is the noise Godzilla makes after devouring a plane
Activity: 238

legendary
Activity: 1414
I've bought .5 btc in the 12s this morning. I'm either throwing money away on a system that is completely crashing (Im sure how the sellers feel) or going to come out huge in a few weeks. I'm not a gambler by nature but this seems like a decent bet.
Activity: 658
Merit: 500
Apparently warrens understanding of algorithms is not necessarily up there.

"A mere mishmash of 11 algorithms". Scrypt is also an algorithm. One.

It would be extremely costly to build a x11 ASIC.  Absolutely and definitely possible, but costly. So hirocoin would need to have a lot of success before a x11 ASIC is being developed. And quite honesrly, if we reach the point of ASIC being worth it for hirocoin, I would call that a total success.

The only part that seems true is the fact that when ASICs would be built, it would (obviously) not be bottlenecked like GPUs currently are (the reason why you see so much less power draw). But it's hard to say at this point how efficient they would be nonetheless. Maybe even using the maximum resources it would be slow for an ASIC.

Other than that, I totally agree that it would be so bad for litecoin to fork for a new algorithm. It would be so so bad. So that is good news for us. I just didn't really find the uninformed bashing of other algorithm to be worth much.
Activity: 280
Merit: 250
Bitnation Development Team Member
Stupidly sent some Hirocoin to a f***ing Huntercoin address by mistake.

Can I create a new Hirocoin address of my choosing or are they always random?

Id like to create a new Hirocoin address with the same address as the Huntercoin address I accidentally sent to.

150 HIC BOUNTY  

The answer is basically no. For bitcoin, the chances of generating an address that has a balance is 1-e**(-((21*10**14)**2)/(2*(2**256))), which is such an infinitesimally small chance that there's really no point trying. Hirocoin has a much higher max coin limit too as I understand so the chance would be even less...

The security issue here is if you can generate an address that's the same as one that you've sent to, you could basically hijack absolutely anybody's account - that was taken into consideration before even the initial release of Bitcoin.

This really is something that should be dealt with by devs - they can't all use the same 26 address sets, by just changing the PUBKEY_ADDRESS in the code... They need to validate the address hash against more than just that in the wallet.

Either that or they have to say screw anyone who pastes the wrong address in there. Something has to give sooner or later - the number of coins out there is at critical mass, and with scrypt ASICs coming out I see many of them dying a quick, but nevertheless extremely painful death.
Activity: 98
Merit: 10
rze
Activity: 194
Activity: 196
It is not wise to get in Mintpal, it is a shit dumping exchange website.
Activity: 812
Stupidly sent some Hirocoin to a f***ing Huntercoin address by mistake.

Can I create a new Hirocoin address of my choosing or are they always random?

Id like to create a new Hirocoin address with the same address as the Huntercoin address I accidentally sent to.

150 HIC BOUNTY  
legendary
Activity: 2688
Merit: 1240

Suprnova Pool here:

https://hiro.suprnova.cc

Currently no fee with Vdiff + Stratum
Idle Worker Notifs, DDoS protected/Load balanced and all the goodies you need.

Get your Hiro's ! Wink

Folks please dont forget to withdraw your coins.. A pool is not a bank Smiley Thanks !

I understand now what people are saying about a botnet. Must read properly. It is not a botnet but due to a stratum exploit it is possible to submit lots more shares than possible by setting the difficulty low localy. Pools can patch against this so these shares are not paid out. Until we get confirmation that ForkPool has closed the exploit people should not mine on there. I removed ForkPool from the list of pool on the front page a couple of days ago.
Not sure if it's true, but it is good to hear nonetheless  Smiley
Activity: 345
Merit: 250
Trusted Member
The price will go up soon, you can count on it. 
Activity: 1022
X11 is most definitely the current best option.

True, but only for mining for minings sake.

I joined a few days ago when it was 3000+ satoshi. Profitable, and 50% the power. A miracle.

But now its 1500 satoshi and only pays for the power it consumes! So why mine? This is a great coin, but what's the point if there's no profit? Magic internet points?

I guess this is the problem across all coins at the moment. People are turning off their rigs. How to put a stop to this??

Until the price of coins goes back up, more and more miners will stop. The miners that do leave their rigs on will benefit though as the diffs will come down. I Don't rally turn my miners off and have been mining this coin for 3 days now, loving it!
X11 is most definitely the current best option.

True, but only for mining for minings sake.

I joined a few days ago when it was 3000+ satoshi. Profitable, and 50% the power. A miracle.

But now its 1500 satoshi and only pays for the power it consumes! So why mine? This is a great coin, but what's the point if there's no profit? Magic internet points?

I guess this is the problem across all coins at the moment. People are turning off their rigs. How to put a stop to this??

Activity: 504
Merit: 251
Strange to see droping so heavily..
Probably problem is, that crowds cant set up their cards accordingly and mining gurus, who can only look after daily profitability.. and if at HIC is lower, then they just move away, sell their coins and drop the price.. and regular ppl who would like to mine dont know how to mine so price remains low..
Pages:
Jump to: