Pages:
Author

Topic: [ANN][ARG] Argentum || Secure. Rare. Fast. || Randomized reward system commodity - page 10. (Read 19357 times)

Activity: 122
Merit: 100
Is there a functioning block explorer for ARG?
All 3 that I know of have been stuck for a long time:
http://altcha.in/chain/Argentum - stuck on block 71381, Sept 22
http://coinminer.net:2750/chain/Argentum - stuck on block 58568, July 19
http://arg.webboise.com/chain/Argentum - stuck on block 64612, Aug 3
legendary
Activity: 966
Merit: 1052
Tried 1.2 with a little solo mining, cgminer found a block, the wallet still says 0 coins.
WTF?  Angry

It is probably an orphan.
Activity: 138
Tried 1.2 with a little solo mining, cgminer found a block, the wallet still says 0 coins.
WTF?  Angry
legendary
UPDATE:

Argentum V1.2 Released. This is a mandatory update and everyone must update before block 79,000. The difficulty changes have been stabilized.

You can download the QT and source from the repositories in the first post.
Activity: 196
Google/YouTube
Are there ways to earn this coin without mining, maybe by writing or sharing links?
legendary
Activity: 2730
Merit: 7065
EXCELENT!!! THX for the quick update!  Wink
legendary
There is a difficulty fix for the pool hopping coming within the next few days. It is still supported and will also be on CryptoAve.
legendary
Activity: 2730
Merit: 7065
Baritus, I would like to know your oppinion about ARG? Is it worth investing in? Are you gonna continue supporting it etc.. It got little forgotten, and it is a great coin overall. I am asking this because it has touched the bottom and I am thinking investing more in it since the price is more then great!?
Activity: 729
Merit: 502
I was under the impression that the only coins that had a greater hashpower than DGC were already on BTC-e, is that not the case?

It certainly is, in fact DGC's network hashpower is on par with FTC (higher at this moment), I can't claim to know their intentions because I have no formal contact with btc-e, that's simply what I and many others in the trollbox talked about when the dev made a brief appearance. Take it for what you will. I do agree with their logic though, and it would be best for DGC to make some progress in network stability and user adoption before making it onto a big time exchange. I kind of regret overhyping it now. the coin needs time to mature and be accepted. Though if you look at the graphs on cryptsy, the dumps weren't particularly that rough, especially with the most recent spike in price. It's still growing Smiley these things just take time, like anything else.

If anything, DGC certainly got some exposure. We just have to wait and see, and of course mine some ourselves while multipool users are off raping some other coin. At this moment you'd probably be better off in ARG but both seem like wise investments of hashpower to me.
erk
Activity: 826
Merit: 500

Digitalcoin and Argentum blend in too easily with the rest of the continuous stream of new coins. The dev team for this coin is still working on services to utilize them.. until those are released there's not much to differentiate why one should pick these coins over other, "prettier" coins like Primecoin or Anoncoin (frankly they're all the same to me...)

I admit I probably played a part in it by advertising them ruthlessly on btc-e.. DGC made it onto vircurex, so it's not too farfetched to think about the potential of it getting on btc-e as well. So, everyone who bought into DGC/ARG and drove the price up are now getting back out. Network hashpower and price are now back to where they were ~10 days ago. Also note, DGC went up to .0007 already in the past before this, and this is ARG's first spike.. so it's nothing really out of the ordinary. Also, I should mention a btc-e dev mentioned in the chatbox a few days ago that they have no intention of adding new coins whose networks don't have a respectable amount of hashpower, so it'll be a while yet.

I haven't sold any of the DGC/ARG I bought because I have faith in the dev team's work. Hopefully I'll make my BTC back eventually but till then.. think i'll buy some more  Cheesy
I was under the impression that the only coins that had a greater hashpower than DGC were already on BTC-e, is that not the case?
Activity: 729
Merit: 502

The ARG price on Cryptsy just crashed to 0.00045 in the past hour or so, any idea why? I can see any announcement that would have effected the price in a  negative way, if anything it should be rising.

Same with DGC to a lesser extent, it's like someone is trying to drive the price down.

Digitalcoin and Argentum blend in too easily with the rest of the continuous stream of new coins. The dev team for this coin is still working on services to utilize them.. until those are released there's not much to differentiate why one should pick these coins over other, "prettier" coins like Primecoin or Anoncoin (frankly they're all the same to me...)

I admit I probably played a part in it by advertising them ruthlessly on btc-e.. DGC made it onto vircurex, so it's not too farfetched to think about the potential of it getting on btc-e as well. So, everyone who bought into DGC/ARG and drove the price up are now getting back out. Network hashpower and price are now back to where they were ~10 days ago. Also note, DGC went up to .0007 already in the past before this, and this is ARG's first spike.. so it's nothing really out of the ordinary. Also, I should mention a btc-e dev mentioned in the chatbox a few days ago that they have no intention of adding new coins whose networks don't have a respectable amount of hashpower, so it'll be a while yet.

I haven't sold any of the DGC/ARG I bought because I have faith in the dev team's work. Hopefully I'll make my BTC back eventually but till then.. think i'll buy some more  Cheesy
Activity: 1360
Merit: 506
Arg still holding steady around 0.0009  Smiley

The ARG price on Cryptsy just crashed to 0.00045 in the past hour or so, any idea why? I can see any announcement that would have effected the price in a  negative way, if anything it should be rising.

Same with DGC to a lesser extent, it's like someone is trying to drive the price down.

Looks like one big dumper drove the arg price right down. Noone else seems to be prepared to sell ARG low after that. Price slowly creeping back up.

As for DGC I'd say its just a lull as other coins are flavour of the month at the moment. Alot people just seem to coin hop from one to another according to hype etc. Also could be miners dumping as well. Meanwhile Baritus is still hard at work on the fiat exchange and banks. dgc and arg prices are still up on what they were weeks ago though. The upside is cheap buying at the moment. Coins go down and coins go up, just have to be patient and wait it out. Smiley
erk
Activity: 826
Merit: 500
Arg still holding steady around 0.0009  Smiley

legendary
Activity: 1694
Merit: 1054
Point. Click. Blockchain
I'd like to mine this a bit, but your setup instructions are pretty confusing (your average windows noob here).

Could someone post an example of what the text of a solo mine argentum.conf file would look like.  (.conf for cgminer would help too).  Thanks.

Edit:
-"http://p2poolmining.org:8012/static/" fails to resolve.  http://p2poolmining.org:8012 works though.

argentum.conf example:
Code:
rpcuser=Duffer
rpcpassword=Duffer1
rpcport=13581
server=1
addnode=174.111.237.246
addnode=5.135.161.23
addnode=71.187.248.95
addnode=24.138.46.123

CGMiner example:
Code:
cgminer --scrypt -o 127.0.0.1:13591 -u Duffer -p Duffer1 -o stratum+tcp://mine-arg.scryptmining.com:3335 -u ... -p ... -o stratum+tcp://arg.epools.org:3339 -u ... -p ... -Q 0 -E 3 -s 1

Here is what I have:

argentum.conf
Code:
server=1
rpcuser=user1
rpcpassword=password
rpcallowip=127.0.0.1
rpcallowip=192.168.1.*
rpcport=13581
port=13580
addnode=174.111.237.246
addnode=71.187.248.95

cgminer
Code:
cgminer.exe --scrypt -o http://127.0.0.1:13581 -u user1 -p password --failover-only -o stratum+tcp://mine-arg.scryptmining.com:3335 -u user1 -p password -s 1 -I 18 --thread-concurrency 21712

-tb-
Activity: 1360
Merit: 506
Arg still holding steady around 0.0009  Smiley
Activity: 163
I'd like to mine this a bit, but your setup instructions are pretty confusing (your average windows noob here).

Could someone post an example of what the text of a solo mine argentum.conf file would look like.  (.conf for cgminer would help too).  Thanks.

Edit:
-"http://p2poolmining.org:8012/static/" fails to resolve.  http://p2poolmining.org:8012 works though.

argentum.conf example:
Code:
rpcuser=Duffer
rpcpassword=Duffer1
rpcport=13581
server=1
addnode=174.111.237.246
addnode=5.135.161.23
addnode=71.187.248.95
addnode=24.138.46.123

CGMiner example:
Code:
cgminer --scrypt -o 127.0.0.1:13591 -u Duffer -p Duffer1 -o stratum+tcp://mine-arg.scryptmining.com:3335 -u ... -p ... -o stratum+tcp://arg.epools.org:3339 -u ... -p ... -Q 0 -E 3 -s 1
legendary
Dead already?

Busy building services so I don't have as much time for the forum.

The same configuration that you have for any scrypt coin will work just fine, all you need are the nodes.
Activity: 227
Activity: 227

Edit:
legendary
Starting difficulty?

-MarkM-

Is starting difficulty all that important when you have this rampup?

Block 0-500: 0 ARG
Block 500-1000: 1 ARG
Block 1000-1500: 2 ARG

At four blocks or more per second it probably is?

-MarkM-

It started at the lowest difficulty. 500 blocks at 0 ARG = 2 retargets before 1 ARG blocks were generated. So you can say the starting difficulty was whatever difficulty it was at after the first 500 blocks.

So likely two maximum retargets multiplied by the actual starting difficulty then, which comes out to what difficulty? 0.00000016 if it started at 0.00000001 but what did it actually start at and what is the maximum increase of difficulty when retargeting, and why the need to obfuscate about it?

-MarkM-

The code is open source.
Pages:
Jump to: