Pages:
Author

Topic: [ANN][ARG] Argentum || Secure. Rare. Fast. || Randomized reward system commodity - page 7. (Read 19357 times)

legendary
Activity: 966
Merit: 1052
Update:

In the Argentum Data Dir:

Create a file called "DB_CONFIG"
In this file place the following:
Code:
set_lk_max_locks 537000
set_lk_max_objects  537000

Once saved, Delete and resync the arg blockchain after backup the wallet.dat
You should now be good to go

Thanks for posting back. Looks like it's because 4.8 version libs were used.

Nope, 5.3.

The error is due to berkerly db being used which has a restriction called "locks". The block where clients forked meant that there wernt enough locks for the block to be processed therefore leading to the fork. By switching to leveldb this scenario could be avoided in the future.

PS. for anyone doubting me. Look into the bitcoin fork between v0.7 bdb clients and v0.8 level db clients.

So to be clear, EVERYONE running an Argentum client is going to experience this issue, unless they explicitly configure the DB_CONFIG parameters that Ahmed was kind enough to post.  This means the wallet will be unusable for anyone who simply downloads the client from the website and has never heard of Bitcointalk.

Baritus, fix this, kill ARG, or hand it over to someone else.

I'm already looking for a solution.
Activity: 518
Merit: 500
Bitrated user: ahmedbodi.
Update:

Code:
set_lk_max_locks 537000

Nope, 5.3.

The error is due to berkerly db being used which has a restriction called "locks". The block where clients forked meant that there wernt enough locks for the block to be processed therefore leading to the fork. By switching to leveldb this scenario could be avoided in the future.

PS. for anyone doubting me. Look into the bitcoin fork between v0.7 bdb clients and v0.8 level db clients.

So to be clear, EVERYONE running an Argentum client is going to experience this issue, unless they explicitly configure the DB_CONFIG parameters that Ahmed was kind enough to post.  This means the wallet will be unusable for anyone who simply downloads the client from the website and has never heard of Bitcointalk.

Maybe not at this block but some time in the future surely. 1 Big Block and boom it will stick again. As you said some people may not even be able to sync up.

Ahmed
Activity: 938
Merit: 1000
www.multipool.us
Update:

Code:
set_lk_max_locks 537000

Nope, 5.3.

www.multipool.us
ARG is dead?
We invested more 10k$ in ARG!  Angry

You chose..  poorly
Update:

Code:
set_lk_max_locks 537000

Nope, 5.3.

Activity: 994
Merit: 250
ARG is dead?
We invested more 10k$ in ARG!  Angry
www.multipool.us
Update:

Code:
set_lk_max_locks 537000

Nope, 5.3.
Activity: 12
Merit: 0
this fixed worked. thank you

arg.coinminerpool.com is on the latest updated blockchain if you are looking to mine the coin
legendary
Update:

Code:
set_lk_max_locks 537000

Update:

Code:
set_lk_max_locks 537000

the fix was to increase the blocks and objects in DB_CONFIG in the arg data dir. ill edit this with the full lines in a min
legendary
blockchain stuck at 426085

https://altexplorer.net/chain/Argentum
Block: 426147

I am assuming there was a fork of some type and you just need to connect to the dominant one.

3 poolservers and both hot and cold wallets frozen with "errors" : "EXCEPTION: 11DbException       \nDb::put: Cannot allocate memory       \nArgentum in ProcessMessages()       \n"

No, I don't think this is my issue.

https://bitcointalksearch.org/topic/unable-to-allocate-memory-for-mutex-resize-mutex-regionexception11dbexception-80439

The last post has the solution.
legendary

I am assuming there was a fork of some type and you just need to connect to the dominant one.

3 poolservers and both hot and cold wallets frozen with "errors" : "EXCEPTION: 11DbException       \nDb::put: Cannot allocate memory       \nArgentum in ProcessMessages()       \n"

Yeah I got the same error. I'm looking into it.
www.multipool.us

legendary

nope. BDB ran out of locks. cryptopools has been patched with a workaround.

What was your workaround for anyone who has the issue and so we can patch it?

nope. BDB ran out of locks. cryptopools has been patched with a workaround.
legendary
Not until now. There should really be more promotion when you have your own payment processor!

Btw: Who is CryptoAve? There's no name, no address, no tax number...why should someone trust it and send his $$ to it?

Don't understand me wrong. I don't want to troll here. I'm just wondering why is has become so silent here while new coins with new features are popping up like mushrooms.

Where is that info on btc-e, mcxnow, mintpal, etc? It's not what matters in the crypto world.

The features we've been working on are just coming online now so you'll see it soon.
legendary

www.multipool.us
Activity: 984
Not until now. There should really be more promotion when you have your own payment processor!

Btw: Who is CryptoAve? There's no name, no address, no tax number...why should someone trust it and send his $$ to it?

Don't understand me wrong. I don't want to troll here. I'm just wondering why is has become so silent here while new coins with new features are popping up like mushrooms.
Pages:
Jump to: