Pages:
Author

Topic: [ANN][ARG] Argentum || Secure. Rare. Fast. || Randomized reward system commodity - page 2. (Read 19357 times)

Activity: 199
Merit: 100
Which is the correct source for this coin ? and wallet ?

Having problems syncing and db errors allover the place.

Best regards,
Bejjan
legendary
Activity: 2097
Merit: 1070
I've still got about 150k of these lying around since about a year ago.

Negligible value. Will just keep them in case it 'moons'  Shocked
Activity: 111
Merit: 10
Indeed, I don't really see what purpose it would serve to dump so many coins at once, other than to get rid of them.

I have often thought however that some sort of sell bot might be operating on the Arg market. I'm no expert but the constant stream of small sells implies to me the work of a bot. Surely nobody is sitting there and decides to sell 1.58879117 Arg and then a minute later another guy decides to get rid of 2.36326063 Arg.

I would guess that someone is using a bot either to get rid of coins without dumping the price too much, or to lower the price in order to buy in cheaper. I'm just speculating though, I don't know.

I think it's the right thing that the devs should concentrate on DGC, it's just that no timeline or roadmap was discussed regarding Src/Arg, so naturally after a while people are wondering what the plan is. It's good to know that it hasn't been forgotten, and especially good to hear that Arg/Src is to be included in the new block explorer.

legendary
Activity: 1694
Merit: 1054
Point. Click. Blockchain
Great news that Arg/Src will be getting added to the new block explorer, thanks Ahmed.

I was a bit surprised at so many coins being sold so cheap but I'm not reading much into it myself, other than that a big holder wanted to sell in a hurry.

And yes Vlad, I believe that coinmarketcap is wrong.

It could just be a big seller but from my experience this type of mass dumping at all-time lows is indicative of manipulation.  I could be wrong in which case ARG will just continue To go lower and lower.

It's too bad if we have another 2 million coins we didn't know about.

And we really need to heavily cut back the Max cap supply.  It's way too high for this type of low inflation coin.

If Ahmed doesn't have time I can probably find a dev to do that update.

The community simply has To give their ok. 

What kind of manipulations can there be for ARG in its inactive state?  Current devs are busy with DGC and all agreed to put arg/src on the back burner.  Maybe whoever dumped decided to give up on ARG and get what he can get out of it.  I have done this myself with other coins. 

I'm sure community will not object to you having someone else to update ARG but it will still need ahmed/xawksow to look over the changes.

-tb-
legendary
Activity: 1106
Merit: 1000
The future is bright with DigiByte.
This coin really easily can be rebranded...
And the price can jump X50-100 range...

Need some modification and some innovative development along with great marketing skills...
This is a silver coin... So maybe something can be done along with Goldcoin GLD.
Gold and silver must work great together.

Maybe something to consider if it has not been done...
The price can be adopted to real silver stock market...

ARG is a great coin with a clean background. It would be a great opportunity to do something out of it...
We have to also bring out a few famous people for the marketing purposes...

legendary
Activity: 3052
Merit: 1530
www.ixcoin.net
Great news that Arg/Src will be getting added to the new block explorer, thanks Ahmed.

I was a bit surprised at so many coins being sold so cheap but I'm not reading much into it myself, other than that a big holder wanted to sell in a hurry.

It could just be a big seller but from my experience this type of mass dumping at all-time lows is indicative of manipulation.  I could be wrong in which case ARG will just continue To go lower and lower.

It's too bad if we have another 2 million coins we didn't know about.

And we really need to heavily cut back the Max cap supply.  It's way too high for this type of low inflation coin.

If Ahmed doesn't have time I can probably find a dev to do that update.

The community simply has To give their ok. 

Activity: 800
There's a block explorer being developed by xawksow. When he finishes ARG and SRC will be added to it.

Ahmed
legendary
www.ixcoin.net
Stop me if I'm wrong here, but Argentum is currently on block 1152612 and gives a random reward between 1 and 5.

Average reward is therefore 3 coins per block.

1152612 blocks x 3 coins per block = 3457836 total coins.

We can knock 3000 off that due to the staggered reward at launch, leaving us with an estimated 3454836 coins in circulation.

The ~350k coins that have been dumped are surely more like 10% of the total coins.

So is coinmarketcap wrong then where it says there are 1.5 million coins outstanding?

ARG has real devs - why isn't there a proper block explorer in the OP?

Would be nice.

But even at 10%.  A10% dump in 2 weeks near the all-time low is strange.  I couldn't find a 5,000 block for sale most of last year yet now we're seeing 50,000 blocks, multiple times?   Something isn't right.
Stop me if I'm wrong here, but Argentum is currently on block 1152612 and gives a random reward between 1 and 5.

Average reward is therefore 3 coins per block.

1152612 blocks x 3 coins per block = 3457836 total coins.

We can knock 3000 off that due to the staggered reward at launch, leaving us with an estimated 3454836 coins in circulation.

The ~350k coins that have been dumped are surely more like 10% of the total coins.
legendary
www.ixcoin.net

And the dumping continues.

Does anybody know who has been dumping?  I've been keeping track and it is now about 350,000 dumped Argentum coins.  This is almost 25% of the entire coin.  I doubt any whale would care about 3 Bitcoins which is all they got given most of the sold blocks were near all-time lows.

So who is dumping?

And who is buying?

If you bought any of those large blocks tell us what you think.

Activity: 786

Another huge dump today, about 75,000 ARG coins.  It's crazy if you think about how much time, energy and hash power it would take to mine that much ARG, yet it was dumped and bought by someone for only .5 BTC.

What kind of whale would dump so much ARG for a measly .5 BTC?  We're easily over 200,000 coins dumped so far.  So someone got a whopping 2 Bitcoins - at best, for 14% of the entire coin?  A coin with ultra low inflation and actual developers?

This makes no sense.  In the year+ I've watched Argentum I've never seen this happen.  I remember when I used to rarely find maybe a 3,000 coin block at around 1,000 sat, that was a big lucky nugget to find.

This coin is simply so hard to mine and there are such little coins outstanding [with most being hoarded by die hard believers and investors] that finding a 10,000 block for sale was nearly impossible.

Yet now, for nearly 2 weeks, we're seeing massive blocks worth a huge chunk of the entire value of Argentum being dumped and being dumped near all-time lows.  They're not even trying to get any decent money for all this Argentum.

So...Anybody know what's going on?  Anybody wanna speculate?

Thanks!

It doesn't make any sense. It's not worth dumping such a signifigant amount of coins in relation to the supply for so cheap. Insane.
legendary
www.ixcoin.net

Another huge dump today, about 75,000 ARG coins.  It's crazy if you think about how much time, energy and hash power it would take to mine that much ARG, yet it was dumped and bought by someone for only .5 BTC.

What kind of whale would dump so much ARG for a measly .5 BTC?  We're easily over 200,000 coins dumped so far.  So someone got a whopping 2 Bitcoins - at best, for 14% of the entire coin?  A coin with ultra low inflation and actual developers?

This makes no sense.  In the year+ I've watched Argentum I've never seen this happen.  I remember when I used to rarely find maybe a 3,000 coin block at around 1,000 sat, that was a big lucky nugget to find.

This coin is simply so hard to mine and there are such little coins outstanding [with most being hoarded by die hard believers and investors] that finding a 10,000 block for sale was nearly impossible.

Yet now, for nearly 2 weeks, we're seeing massive blocks worth a huge chunk of the entire value of Argentum being dumped and being dumped near all-time lows.  They're not even trying to get any decent money for all this Argentum.

So...Anybody know what's going on?  Anybody wanna speculate?

Thanks!
No idea who dumped, but I estimate that it was more like 10% of current coins.

FWIW I bought about 10% of the coins that were dumped but have already sold them on... It'd be nice to have kept them but I already have plenty.
legendary
www.ixcoin.net

Kelsey, are you the one who dumped all that ARG?

What about the buyers, who all bought that 25%? 

ARG has been around a while, it's at a good price now but it would be nice to know what's going on before buying any.
i've no idea. kelsey has been claiming to dump DGC so it wouldnt surprise me if it was her.

Ahmed
legendary
www.ixcoin.net
Thanks Ahmed!

Arg recovered well I think from that dump last month, considering the amount of coins that got sold.

Do you guys have any idea who sold all that ARG?  It was easily 25% of all the current outstanding ARG coins. I don't think I've ever seen anyone dump so much of any coin before.  Why would anyone dump that much at such a low price?
Thanks Ahmed!

Arg recovered well I think from that dump last month, considering the amount of coins that got sold.
Activity: 786
we've been very busy lately. Xawksaw is currently working on updating DGC to the 0.10 base. As cosmo pointed out there is also an arg 0.9.3 base. but i figured we may aswell hold off updating to 0.9.3 fully and switch to 0.10 when we get that done. Now as to what to do on ARG. weve no concrete ideas but we are thinking of ways to improve ARG.

Ahmed

Great news Ahmed, thanks for the update. It's good to know ARG is still being worked on.
we've been very busy lately. Xawksaw is currently working on updating DGC to the 0.10 base. As cosmo pointed out there is also an arg 0.9.3 base. but i figured we may aswell hold off updating to 0.9.3 fully and switch to 0.10 when we get that done. Now as to what to do on ARG. weve no concrete ideas but we are thinking of ways to improve ARG.

Ahmed
Pages:
Jump to: