Pages:
Author

Topic: [ANN]Arweave (Techstars 2018): A new internet in a very scalable blockchain - page 6. (Read 11984 times)

Activity: 89
Merit: 14
Thanks, @RealityClash!

Let us know if there is anything we can help you with.

Best regards,
Archain Team
Hi @Skelly747: Thanks for taking part in the pre-sale! We truly appreciate your support.

As long as you have kept your public and private keys safe, all you will need to do is enter them into the Archain client once the network launches. The anticipated launch date is late Q1 2018.

Let us know if there is anything else we can help you with.

Thanks,
Archain Team

So you are going to launch the network in 2018 ? When are you planing to join the exchanges ? Thanks

Yes! We're currently planning to release late March 2018. Were also aiming to be on the exchanges to coincide with this release.

After all, I am anxious to have only key informations, so Im looking forward to the release of wallet.

We're looking forward to this too! We'll keep you updated.
Activity: 33
Merit: 0
After all, I am anxious to have only key informations, so Im looking forward to the release of wallet.
Activity: 630
Merit: 103
Hi @Skelly747: Thanks for taking part in the pre-sale! We truly appreciate your support.

As long as you have kept your public and private keys safe, all you will need to do is enter them into the Archain client once the network launches. The anticipated launch date is late Q1 2018.

Thanks,
Archain Team

So you are going to launch the network in 2018 ? When are you planing to join the exchanges ? Thanks

Thanks,
Archain Team
Activity: 5
How are ARC purchased from the ICO being distributed?  I have the confirm page still up but don't recall having to place a "sent to" address when the payment was made.  Thanks in advance, keep up the good work!
Hey all,

We've now come to the end of our pre-sale, thank you to everyone who participated and helped contribute Archain along the way, we're going to follow our development timeline as see on page one of this thread. Feel free to continue asking questions or prompting for further details here as we progress.

Our main-sale is aiming for a December start running towards March, although this is subject to change. We're going to wrap up our bounty campaigns this weekend for the pre-sale and potentially carry or start some new ones, but again subject to further inquiries.

We'll be contacting inviduals later about translations very soon too!

One last important piece of information is that we've dropped Slack and moved to Discord, you can find the Discord invitation link here.

Thanks to everyone whose supported us thus far! If you have any queries, let us know.

Dan
Archain COO
Activity: 43

Curious how the coins will be distributed? Claim from an online wallet?
Activity: 72
Merit: 10
I wish people would state the coin supply in their description... Could someone tell me what it is?
The OP states 50,000,000 tokens for pre-sale.
Block rewards are 105 ARC @ 5 minute block times, which is 11,037,600 ARC in the first year.  I recall reading that the block reward will reduce after the first year, but I'm not 100% on the details.  Someone please correct me if I'm mistaken.
Edit:  Whoops, this was already answered above.
Is this similar to storj ?

Storj focuses on storing data, not on archiving websites. Archain, as I understand it, is more like a snapshot of a certain website at a certain time, making it possible to see it how it used to be before it was for example censored.

You mean similar to https://screenshotmachine.com/ ?

Nope. Not even close.

Do not interpret 'snapshot' as 'screenshot'. It is an archived version of the webpage, residing on a blockchain. You should read their whitepaper. It is interesting.

OK. Thanks for reply !
Activity: 574
Merit: 502
waiting to explode

Storj focuses on storing data, not on archiving websites. Archain, as I understand it, is more like a snapshot of a certain website at a certain time, making it possible to see it how it used to be before it was for example censored.

Nope. Not even close.

Do not interpret 'snapshot' as 'screenshot'. It is an archived version of the webpage, residing on a blockchain. You should read their whitepaper. It is interesting.

Activity: 574
Merit: 502
waiting to explode
I wish people would state the coin supply in their description... Could someone tell me what it is?

Hi all,

@phucbot93: The main sale will be starting later this year, sometime in November/December. We are planning to have the main sale run until shortly before the network launches, so the exact date is yet to be determined. We will post here and on Twitter, etc. when everything is finalised.

@Crazymoon: Thanks for the questions! I will answer them in order.

1. There will be 55m ARC at network launch, with 10% of that figure issued in the first year as mining fees, halving in every subsequent year.
2. The company was officially incorporated in July this year.
3. See my answer to phucbot93 above.

@mikesheadroom: As you say, we will really have to see how this turns out. We are also focussing on support for 'archiving groups' which would split the cost of archiving certain types of content across a number of people, rather than the archiving of each page being soully funded by one person.

Thanks,
Sam
Archain CEO.
Activity: 378
Merit: 104
Activity: 20

Hi all,

@phucbot93: The main sale will be starting later this year, sometime in November/December. We are planning to have the main sale run until shortly before the network launches, so the exact date is yet to be determined. We will post here and on Twitter, etc. when everything is finalised.

@Crazymoon: Thanks for the questions! I will answer them in order.

1. There will be 55m ARC at network launch, with 10% of that figure issued in the first year as mining fees, halving in every subsequent year.
2. The company was officially incorporated in July this year.
3. See my answer to phucbot93 above.

@mikesheadroom: As you say, we will really have to see how this turns out. We are also focussing on support for 'archiving groups' which would split the cost of archiving certain types of content across a number of people, rather than the archiving of each page being soully funded by one person.

Thanks,
Sam
Archain CEO.
Activity: 72
We have attempted to engineer it such that archiving one web page costs about 1 ARC, but this rate will ultimately be determined by the market of miners, so we will have to see.
With trillions of web pages now existing, that seems like quite a high fee, IMO.  When first reading about this project and the projected supply of ARC, I imagined it would cost more like 0.001 ARC per page.  As you indicate though, the market will eventually dictate the price.
Good luck to all with this exciting new project!
Activity: 104
Hello!

I have a few questions to ask though.

1. What is the total market cap?
2. When is the company established? (date) ?
3. What's the date of when ICO starts? (After pre-sale ends)

Regards,
Activity: 201
Merit: 100
devs are very active. hopefully this project will be successful. i'm one of the investors and i want to know when the ico start after pre-sale ?
Pages:
Jump to: