Pages:
Author

Topic: [ANN]Arweave (Techstars 2018): A new internet in a very scalable blockchain - page 7. (Read 11984 times)

Activity: 89
Merit: 14
Thanks, Kalifed!

Let us know if you have any questions.
Archain Team
Hi mgao6767,

Most of the development team's time has been taken with working on the website and administrating the token pre-sale recently. Once the pre-sale is over it will be back to 'all hands on deck' finishing the product. We are also taking on a new core-product developer in the coming days to help us at our new office.

It is also worth noting that the product, as it stands in the repository, is a fully functioning cryptocurrency with all of the core Archain features implemented. The critical gap that needs to be bridged between now and the launch of the first alpha test network is support of true networking, rather than the use of a simulated network. We are excited to get back to it!

All the best,
Sam
Archain CEO.
Activity: 37
Merit: 0
Hey Dev, it's been a while since your last update on GitHub... That's the only thing bothering me now Tongue
Sorry if this has been asked(went through all the posts, didn't see anything I think).

Was wondering what the difference is between Archain and IPFS/Filecoin? Do you think Archain is a competitor to IPFS/Filecoin?

Thanks for your time.

Hey,

I believe we may have answered your question on Slack (Which we highly recommend as a place to talk to the team on!).

But if not I'll recommunicate what Will, our CTO mentioned on the topic.

"Archain is selling permanence as a service while filecoin is selling storage as a service. Ultimately, filecoin lets people rent out their storage space but archain operates on a "pay once, let the networks sort it out" basis. While we may appear similar in certain aspects we don't consider ourselves rivals or competition as our core demographic is marginally different. Filecoin operates essentially as a cloud storage service while archain operates as a permanent distributed harddrive."

If you have any queries let us know,

Thanks,
Dan,
Archain COO

Hi all,

Thanks NewbCoins, I will pass that on to India and Joanna, although, I must admit that the blurriness was my idea!

@loferbart: The hashing algorithm at the core of the PoA mining mechanism is SHA2-256, like Bitcoin. The major difference is that miners can only mine blocks for which they have an accessible copy of the 'recall' block (which is pseudo-randomly chosen from the set of all previous blocks). In practice this means that the amount of time miners can directly participate in the hashing competition (PoW) part of Archain mining is directly proportional to the amount of the weave that they locally store, or can access. Another effect of this is that the hashing competitions themselves will be between smaller groups of miners, leading to a lower 'difficulty'.

Thanks,
Sam
Archain Team
Activity: 168
Merit: 100
also for india and joanna, we think original background on web design look better. now at the top of the page is too much blur  Undecided

keep up good work devs!
devs, thanks for all answer. can you tell when the ico will happen?

we invest in archain now but its better if you have roadmap. and also i think permanent net have good use, but blockweave and scaling will attract more investor if you promote it more in the marketing.
Activity: 11
Hey

Looking for more information and clarity on mining. What algo are you using? What coins currently on the market is Archain similar to in terms of mining?

Thanks
Activity: 1
Sorry if this has been asked(went through all the posts, didn't see anything I think).

Was wondering what the difference is between Archain and IPFS/Filecoin? Do you think Archain is a competitor to IPFS/Filecoin?

Thanks for your time.
Activity: 243
Thanks Sam. I already invested in pre-sale. Was just curious about potential scenarios and your readiness for same. Your response is fair enough.

Wishing you best for the success of the project. It is hard to see projects like this these days: with clear goal, well-set roadmap, solid tech, viable product and pre-existing market demand.
Hi Shaggy404,

We did not expect to sell much of the total supply during the pre-sale period, as we only started advertising the project when the pre-sale began. We see it as a springboard for the main sale, for which, it appears to be working quite well. Our visitor numbers and sales are have been following an exponential path, while we are also starting to gain greater visibility in the crypto media.

As well as pushing development forward, we also plan to use the gap between the end of the pre-sale and the start of the main sale later this year to further raise awareness about the project and build partnerships within the cryptocurrency community.

If the main sale ends before a significant portion of the ARC tokens are sold, a solution that works well for pre-sale/sale buyers, as well as the company, will be reached.

Thanks,
Sam
Archain CEO.
Activity: 243
So a little more than 1.1 mil tokens sold so far. I was going through your site and looks like 50 mil is the goal? What happens to the project if it falls short of the pre-sale target? Because looking at current scenario 50 mil is a long way.
Devs, what is pre-sale goal? how much devs raise so far?

When will there be the ico? if we contribute on pre-sale, when do investor get the tokens? thanks.

Hey Newbcoins,

So far we've planned to distribute 1,116,292 ARC (As of 14:24 BST - 02/09/17) and an estimated 50,000 ARC through the bounty campaign (This is likely to increase expoentially with the increased popularity of the campaign).

Buyers receive their wallet details immediately after purchasing, and will be able to use them with the Archain client once the network launches.

If you have any questions, let us know.

Thanks,

Dan
Archain COO

EDIT: Clarified when buyers get their ARC wallets.
Devs, what is pre-sale goal? how much devs raise so far?

When will there be the ico? if we contribute on pre-sale, when do investor get the tokens? thanks.
Hi c0inman,

Glad to hear you like the project! We too think it comes at the right time (if anything, it might be a little late).

Timely block/TX distribution is definitely something we are thinking about. We have some ideas for optimisations that will likely end up in our second paper (which is in the works) -- stay tuned!

Thanks,
Team Archain
Activity: 1
Hi, I've thought about creating an archive coin like that before finding your project. Good to know someone is already working on it, we really need something like this with all the ever increasing censorship of oppressive countries and laws like 'the right to be forgotten'. Congratulations on the initiative!

Since the sites will be partially stored and in a decentralized way, how do you plan to avoid bottlenecks in the future? I believe it's important to also reward miners that have high-bandwith connections, otherwise you may end up with Freenet-like connection speeds (I've tried it many years ago and it was very very slow, may have improved since then).

Also. if you need help with the Brazilian translation, please let me know.
Hi stupid_seb,

We do not have a LinkedIn bounty campaign explicitly, but we are always open to customised bounties. PM us your proposal and we will set up something appropriate.

Thanks!
Team Archain
Activity: 336
Merit: 101
Is there a LinkedIn bounty ?
I have most of my followers there... professional people, real opinion leaders.
Hi eXpl0sive,

Fantastic! Glad you are excited about the project. We are always available on Slack (http://archain.slack.com) or here if you would like to talk further.

All the best,
Team Archain
Activity: 574
Merit: 502
waiting to explode
^ ^ ^ Thanks Archain team for answering my questions, they are spot on. I really look forward to success of the project. I am going to be participating in the token pre sale.
Pages:
Jump to: