Author

Topic: [ANN][AUTO-SWITCH] Profit-switch auto-exchange pool: CleverMining.com - page 105. (Read 554380 times)

Activity: 123
Merit: 100
I think if we are mining LTC then the profitability should just say 100%, never below.  If you are mining LTC you are getting 100% of what you should be getting with it, just sometimes that's less then you want.  It's still 100%.

No, you are not, and you are bad at maths.

100% LTC = Estimated found blocks in the period with the current pool hashrate. That will never be the case, it will be more or less. If we get less, like 89%, we can't just say it was 100%, since Terk would have to pay the missing 11% from his own pocket.
If we get more, say 138% and we say it was 100%, Terk would be pocketing 38% of the earnings for himself.

Your maths and common sense is terrible.

You must be new here.   I post this idea not because it's necessarily 'correct' (Although, it is) but because having that little percentage thing never go below 100% would stop the endless tirade of posts in this thread about "HOW ARE WE UNDERZ 100%!!! TERK IS STEALING" etc etc etc.

Clearly Terk is not stealing, there is more money to be made keeping this pool alive over the long term then there is with any sort of short sighted behavior such as stealing.

My point is that little percentage on the website is supposed to represent what this pool brings in when compared to just mining straight LTC.  Well it seems, regardless of the number of blocks found in a day, if you are mining LTC, then you are mining at 100% of what mining LTC would bring in.  Understand my point?  Because of variance there is no way to ever know what 100% this or 80% that is with crypto... You just go with what you got.  And if what you got is 6 blocks over a 24 hours period, that's 100% of what you brought in.

That 100% is based on the projected ideal LTC profitability.  Even pure LTC pools won't be exactly 100% LTC Profitability all the time due to the same variance you mention.  In a bad luck streak, a pure LTC pool could be getting 65% or in a good luck streak it could be getting 130%.  

True, and I'm guessing that percentage on the website is based on that.  I guess I was just thinking it would be nice to shut up everyone who doesn't understand variance by nipping that in the bud and leaving it as a minimum of 100%.  Although, I admit some bad choices on mining alt coins could potentially put us genuinely under 100%.   Terk's code now allows the pool to split it's hashrate over multiple coins at once so that opens up a mathematical problem to sort out as well.  

Either way it would be nice if people understood that sometimes the pool is up, sometimes down, you're looking at a minimum of 7 days to understand how it's really doing.  He should remove that hour by hour stat page.
Activity: 58
Merit: 0

You must be new here.   I post this idea not because it's necessarily 'correct' (Although, it is) but because having that little percentage thing never go below 100% would stop the endless tirade of posts in this thread about "HOW ARE WE UNDERZ 100%!!! TERK IS STEALING" etc etc etc.

Clearly Terk is not stealing, there is more money to be made keeping this pool alive over the long term then there is with any sort of short sighted behavior such as stealing.

My point is that little percentage on the website is supposed to represent what this pool brings in when compared to just mining straight LTC.  Well it seems, regardless of the number of blocks found in a day, if you are mining LTC, then you are mining at 100% of what mining LTC would bring in.  Understand my point?  Because of variance there is no way to ever know what 100% this or 80% that is with crypto... You just go with what you got.  And if what you got is 6 blocks over a 24 hours period, that's 100% of what you brought in.

So you think it would be ok to just make up a number and call it 100% LTC?

So in a given day, 100% LTC on clevermining gives 0.00320 BTC/day,
100% LTC on pool Y gives 0.00400 BTC/day and 100% LTC on pool Z gives 0.00250 BTC/day?
Activity: 798
Merit: 1000
I think if we are mining LTC then the profitability should just say 100%, never below.  If you are mining LTC you are getting 100% of what you should be getting with it, just sometimes that's less then you want.  It's still 100%.

100% LTC = Estimated found blocks in the period with the current pool hashrate. That will never be the case, it will be more or less. If we get less, like 89%, we can't just say it was 100%, since Terk would have to pay the missing 11% from his own pocket.
If we get more, say 138% and we say it was 100%, Terk would be pocketing 38% of the earnings for himself.

You must be new here.   I post this idea not because it's necessarily 'correct' (Although, it is) but because having that little percentage thing never go below 100% would stop the endless tirade of posts in this thread about "HOW ARE WE UNDERZ 100%!!! TERK IS STEALING" etc etc etc.

My point is that little percentage on the website is supposed to represent what this pool brings in when compared to just mining straight LTC.  Well it seems, regardless of the number of blocks found in a day, if you are mining LTC, then you are mining at 100% of what mining LTC would bring in.  Understand my point?  Because of variance there is no way to ever know what 100% this or 80% that is with crypto... You just go with what you got.  And if what you got is 6 blocks over a 24 hours period, that's 100% of what you brought in.

That 100% is based on the projected ideal LTC profitability.  Even pure LTC pools won't be exactly 100% LTC Profitability all the time due to the same variance you mention.  In a bad luck streak, a pure LTC pool could be getting 65% or in a good luck streak it could be getting 130%. 
Activity: 21
I agree with PCMiner. If you want to know what is the profit difference between all the pools for the last 10 days this is a useful link: https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1VOAhFX1XRizdaTp71qnYI5pRh9VIZEQ51LHuGUmxri0/pubhtml

Make sure you watch Profitability comparison - 10 day average.

Also LeaseRig is not a thing to consider as you have to pass through a ton of applications, verification and approvals to start renting rigs.

I'm also waiting for X11 or Groestl versions of clever. It seems that these newer algorithms are speeding up and mining is less noisy and cooler  Wink

I think if we are mining LTC then the profitability should just say 100%, never below.  If you are mining LTC you are getting 100% of what you should be getting with it, just sometimes that's less then you want.  It's still 100%.

Activity: 72
Merit: 10
Does Clevermining have plans for adding X11? Wafflepool announced X11 is going to happen and I'll be forced to switch in the near future if Clevermining doesn't plan on doing the same! I'd love to stay here though!
Activity: 174
16Q3R8NAfK63DvkTUGgLdPScyMU8uSAJUH
Clevermining looks great, but the one thing that keeps me from using it is that I can't look at my workers individually.

Sure you can, just use different BTC addresses for each miner. Pretty obvious...
Activity: 24
Clevermining looks great, but the one thing that keeps me from using it is that I can't look at my workers individually.
Activity: 174
16Q3R8NAfK63DvkTUGgLdPScyMU8uSAJUH
The time has finally come! If you pay for electricity in the US and are mining with a radeon GPU the cost of the electricity is greater than the value of the BTC youre receiving through this pool for most.  Its been a fun ride everyone.  The LTC hashrate has increased over 50% in the last 2 weeks(!!!) and is only going to continue to rise rapidly.  ASIC are here and are only going to get cheaper and more powerful.

However, the depressed BTC is actually a good thing.  There is much profit to be made by selling hardware and buying cheap BTC

US is quite large and power costs range from 0.08 to 0.30 USD per kWh. I'm sure there are plenty of places where GPU mining is still profitable. Having said that I switched to X11 not because of energy costs but because of heat. It was either that or to invest into cooling, which is ultimately pointless waste.

Sure, just not places where people live.

legendary
Activity: 3654
Merit: 8909
https://bpip.org
The time has finally come! If you pay for electricity in the US and are mining with a radeon GPU the cost of the electricity is greater than the value of the BTC youre receiving through this pool for most.  Its been a fun ride everyone.  The LTC hashrate has increased over 50% in the last 2 weeks(!!!) and is only going to continue to rise rapidly.  ASIC are here and are only going to get cheaper and more powerful.

However, the depressed BTC is actually a good thing.  There is much profit to be made by selling hardware and buying cheap BTC

US is quite large and power costs range from 0.08 to 0.30 USD per kWh. I'm sure there are plenty of places where GPU mining is still profitable. Having said that I switched to X11 not because of energy costs but because of heat. It was either that or to invest into cooling, which is ultimately pointless waste.
X11 is actual in summer cause it's cold. Also "cold" is energy effective and low noise from rig. Also X11 now asic resistive.

What the heck are you talking about? By the way, scrypt was supposed to be ASIC resistant too.

I think he means this...

Mining X11 gives 3-4 times the hash power of Scrypt, uses less energy and generates less heat.

My guess is he is not a native english speaker but he is right 100%

maybe look into x11 some more if you have not (http://www.cryptocoinsnews.com/news/pros-cons-x11-algorithm/2014/04/10)

still not sure what makes X11 special - it isnt for LTC is it?   From all I see it just looks like another altcoin and is less profitable than scrypt mining

It's another coin algorithm, not an altcoin. It's more profitable than LTC.
Activity: 434
Merit: 250
X11 is actual in summer cause it's cold. Also "cold" is energy effective and low noise from rig. Also X11 now asic resistive.

What the heck are you talking about? By the way, scrypt was supposed to be ASIC resistant too.

I think he means this...

Mining X11 gives 3-4 times the hash power of Scrypt, uses less energy and generates less heat.

maybe look into x11 some more if you have not (http://www.cryptocoinsnews.com/news/pros-cons-x11-algorithm/2014/04/10)

still not sure what makes X11 special - it isnt for LTC is it?   From all I see it just looks like another altcoin and is less profitable than scrypt mining
legendary
Activity: 2128
Merit: 1005
ASIC Wannabe

I think he means this...

still not sure what makes X11 special - it isnt for LTC is it?   From all I see it just looks like another altcoin and is less profitable than scrypt mining
Activity: 518
Merit: 251
what i need to mine darkcoin with linux ?
Another forum thread.  This one is for CleverMining.
Activity: 25
what i need to mine darkcoin with linux ?
I think if we are mining LTC then the profitability should just say 100%, never below.  If you are mining LTC you are getting 100% of what you should be getting with it, just sometimes that's less then you want.  It's still 100%.

Activity: 14
byt411, thanks for translation Wink

One downvolted 280X Scrypt and NScrypt have temperature 70+Celsius at 100% coolers speed (generate noise and fast cooler breaking) and ~350Watts power consumption.

One 280X X11 have 45C at 60% cooler (2x lower noise) speed and ~140W

If it's profatible, ASIC will be made anyway for any algorythm.

Hash power does not important at all. Total Cost Ovnership and comfort is important.
You can drive locomotion (many fuel, very hot and noise) or in car. Scrypt or X11.

Scrypt is more profatible then X11 now. But when summer is come, outdoor temperature will be 30-40C. Cards will be overheat and many people switch off rigs.
Activity: 265
Merit: 250
The ASIC problem is not that hard to crack. People who make so called ASIC-resistent scrypts like X11 and Groestl and whatnot, can always make new scrypts when say X11 would be invaded by ASICs, because there's enough time from the announcement of certain scrypt ASIC til its actual release.

I think he means this...

Oh. Wow. Nice translation, I had no idea what he was talking about.
Jump to: