Pages:
Author

Topic: [ANN][AUTO-SWITCH] Profit-switch auto-exchange pool: CleverMining.com - page 101. (Read 554380 times)

legendary
Activity: 1694
Merit: 1024
How do I contact the guys at cleverming for problems?

Terk, the admin, checks in on this thread so it's one place to start.

You could also try twitter:
https://twitter.com/CleverMining
Terk seems pretty active on Twitter. If you entered your address incorrectly I'd try sending him a Twitter message.
Activity: 294
Merit: 250

Terk, the admin, checks in on this thread so it's one place to start.

You could also try twitter:
https://twitter.com/CleverMining
Activity: 30
Merit: 0
Activity: 294
anyone mining on here with volt-modded gridseeds using hashra?

I was using hashra, but i'm using Sandor's modded CPUminer with autotune. Always hashes faster than hashra.
Activity: 265
Any one having problems with wrong hash rates today? I have 2 miners on diffrent networks both way off. One shows 0 and the other is almost half of normal. Resets dont help

Ya, one of my GPUs jumped to 470 MH/s today, but I reset miner and started to work fine after.
Activity: 30
Any one having problems with wrong hash rates today? I have 2 miners on diffrent networks both way off. One shows 0 and the other is almost half of normal. Resets dont help
Activity: 238
Merit: 100
We must become the pitiless censors of ourselves.
anyone mining on here with volt-modded gridseeds using hashra?
Thing is I already swapped my cards in 2 different pci-x slots, because 3 weeks ago I was't getting any vga signal to my monitor. After I switched the slots my cards behaved surprisingly well, before that I always had to fiddle with the gpu clocks a bit til they stabilized, but after the swap cards aren't that fussy anymore, save for this weird scrypt switching on GPU 0. Yes they are connected through risers, I'll try to swap risers too, but I'm curious to understand what exactly triggers the jump.
Activity: 36
I've been having a weird problem this past week. Happened to me twice. One of my 2 video cards (GPU 0) jumps into Sha-256 mode or something, because hashrate is displayed in MH (around 470 MH/s). GPU 1 never did this. Good thing this happens during the day so I can restart miner fast. Any idea what might cause that jump?

Not knowing anything specific about GPU mining does not stop me from offereing an answer based on a life of electron herding:

Swap the two cards into the opposite sockets, then make logical conclusions based on the results.  With any intermittent condition, after you intervene it may take a few days before the problem shows up again at all.

If your cards are connected through risers, you may need a second step of leaving the cards connected to the same sockets as you just swapped them to, but this time swapping the risers themselves. 

I always like having things in pairs because it makes circuit-level diagnosis easier.

I've been having a weird problem this past week. Happened to me twice. One of my 2 video cards (GPU 0) jumps into Sha-256 mode or something, because hashrate is displayed in MH (around 470 MH/s). GPU 1 never did this. Good thing this happens during the day so I can restart miner fast. Any idea what might cause that jump?
Activity: 868
Merit: 1000
The ability to check per rig/worker stats would be awesome.

Yep it sure would
Activity: 968
Merit: 624
Still a manic miner
The ability to check per rig/worker stats would be awesome.
legendary
Activity: 1150
Merit: 1004
if i have multiple rigs and want to see individual stats do i use "btc_rig1"

or somethihng along the lines of that?? or if i do that will it cant it as a differnt address

Use multiple addresses to get individual stats per miner

hrrm i dont want to get paid out every week lol i only have 1.4mh

I agree. The ability to specify a worker name but collect mining revenue at the same address would be very nice.

Other multi pools, like WP have this feature. In fact, given that CM and WP profitability is so close over time, I prefer to stay with WP mostly because they have this feature (as well as an API and wealth of stats).

If CM added some of these features, I'd have less reason to stay with WP. Just sayin...
I updated the OP with some notice about fake rejects issue. Please let me know if it's OK and if it will be understandable by new users (or help me write a better text). I'm 100% into tech issues and ongoing maintenance at this moment and I know that I'm not in my best copywriting form today Smiley. I'm not sure if what I wrote will clear new users confusions or not. Thanks!

That's good, but you really should add that on-site. Like as a banner, next to the servers.

Finally, all my remarks weren't in vain! Thanks for that Terk. Site needs a notice as well.
Activity: 77
Merit: 10
Also, these are pool-wide rejects averages in the last week.

Code:
2014-05-01: 2.58%
2014-05-02: 3.20%
2014-05-03: 3.89%
2014-05-04: 3.73%
2014-05-05: 4.03%
2014-05-06: 3.73%
2014-05-07: 2.92%

I really don't think that they're higher than at other coin-switch pools. Our rejects average when mining LTC was 0.98% during last week which is also comparable to straight LTC pools.

We sometimes mine coins which have 10% or even 15% rejects ratio and that's why our rejects averages will always be higher than straight LTC mining. But we mine these coins only if profitability difference will make up for rejects difference. For example, a coin with 125% profitability and 10% rejects will give us 125% * 90% = 112.5% net profitability. A coin with 110% profitability and 2% rejects ratio will give us 110% * 98% = 107.8% net profitability. As much as everyone would prefer to see 2% rejects instead of 10% rejects, I bet he would even more prefer to get more profits.

If we temporarily have rejects spike, it only means that we are mining something what's worth throwing 10% of our hashpower into the toilet, because the remaining 90% will earn more than 100% would earn when mining some other coin.

All understood now, Terk. Smiley Thanks for your service and hats off to your hard work you put in running CM!! Wink
Activity: 616
Merit: 522
Also, these are pool-wide rejects averages in the last week.

Code:
2014-05-01: 2.58%
2014-05-02: 3.20%
2014-05-03: 3.89%
2014-05-04: 3.73%
2014-05-05: 4.03%
2014-05-06: 3.73%
2014-05-07: 2.92%

I really don't think that they're higher than at other coin-switch pools. Our rejects average when mining LTC was 0.98% during last week which is also comparable to straight LTC pools.

We sometimes mine coins which have 10% or even 15% rejects ratio and that's why our rejects averages will always be higher than straight LTC mining. But we mine these coins only if profitability difference will make up for rejects difference. For example, a coin with 125% profitability and 10% rejects will give us 125% * 90% = 112.5% net profitability. A coin with 110% profitability and 2% rejects ratio will give us 110% * 98% = 107.8% net profitability. As much as everyone would prefer to see 2% rejects instead of 10% rejects, I bet he would even more prefer to get more profits.

If we temporarily have rejects spike, it only means that we are mining something what's worth throwing 10% of our hashpower into the toilet, because the remaining 90% will earn more than 100% would earn when mining some other coin.
Activity: 798
I updated the OP with some notice about fake rejects issue. Please let me know if it's OK and if it will be understandable by new users (or help me write a better text). I'm 100% into tech issues and ongoing maintenance at this moment and I know that I'm not in my best copywriting form today Smiley. I'm not sure if what I wrote will clear new users confusions or not. Thanks!

That's good, but you really should add that on-site. Like as a banner, next to the servers.
Activity: 616
Merit: 522
Activity: 77
Merit: 10
I also started mining at CM around 6-7 hours ago, and I get a rejection rate of 25% as reported in cgminer and  2.5% as stated on the website.

Any help on correcting this issue??

Thanks

The rejects on Cgminer are what we call "Fake Rejects", they are caused by a communication problem between the miner and the pool.
"Fake rejects" appear as "Untracked Stratum Share on pool 0".

Hmmmm, okay. Thanks for the information. Smiley

So I should consider the rejection rate displayed at the website as the correct one?

Instead of looking at the R:xxx shares at the top, look at the ones per device. That is the correct one.

Okay, then I think all is fine. My Current A: 292864 R: 3072 .

Thanks for your input, byt411 . Smiley
Activity: 798
I also started mining at CM around 6-7 hours ago, and I get a rejection rate of 25% as reported in cgminer and  2.5% as stated on the website.

Any help on correcting this issue??

Thanks

The rejects on Cgminer are what we call "Fake Rejects", they are caused by a communication problem between the miner and the pool.
"Fake rejects" appear as "Untracked Stratum Share on pool 0".

Hmmmm, okay. Thanks for the information. Smiley

So I should consider the rejection rate displayed at the website as the correct one?

Instead of looking at the R:xxx shares at the top, look at the ones per device. That is the correct one.
Pages:
Jump to: