Author

Topic: [ANN][AUTO-SWITCH] Profit-switch auto-exchange pool: CleverMining.com - page 104. (Read 554380 times)

Activity: 798
Merit: 1000
Around Nov/Dec 2013, I was mining with Middlecoin and getting around 0.001-0.004 BTC per day using a Radeon 5750. Usually getting towards the lower end of that range but getting payouts every day. Now after a 5 month break I started mining with CleverMining and the amount of BTC to be paid sucks. Checking my stats on their website (because no payouts yet), I'm getting not much more than 0.0001 BTC per day. Only 10% of what I got with Middlecoin. Why could this be?

I'll post the cgminer screenshot because to be honest, I don't really know what I am looking at. Except it says the program was started at 5am? That can't be right, I would have been asleep...

I don't see a problem. MiddleCoin is the worst pool, and you lost a lot of btc from mining there.
Rates in Dec 2013 was around 0.017BTC/MHash/Day, and now they are around 0.0035BTC/MHash/Day. Has nothing to do with the pool.

Terk - the stratum difficulty is always fixed at 512 instead of the VARDIFF, or is the VARDIFF not working with the pool?

Also when do you intend to open up the API for user and pool stats?

Vardiff was disabled like in February, Terk promised to have Vardiff up latest in April, but still isn't up.
Activity: 9
Merit: 0
Around Nov/Dec 2013, I was mining with Middlecoin and getting around 0.001-0.004 BTC per day using a Radeon 5750. Usually getting towards the lower end of that range but getting payouts every day. Now after a 5 month break I started mining with CleverMining and the amount of BTC to be paid sucks. Checking my stats on their website (because no payouts yet), I'm getting not much more than 0.0001 BTC per day. Only 10% of what I got with Middlecoin. Why could this be?

I'll post the cgminer screenshot because to be honest, I don't really know what I am looking at. Except it says the program was started at 5am? That can't be right, I would have been asleep...

https://i.imgur.com/6BqXnfz.png
Activity: 25
my btc adress :   1Bwp83DtsaN913AdJRyfaPS983YaFFpSB2

i have Unexchanged 0.00219303 BTC for more than 2 weeks ...
any chance to convert them ?
Activity: 45
Merit: 5
Terk - the stratum difficulty is always fixed at 512 instead of the VARDIFF, or is the VARDIFF not working with the pool?

Also when do you intend to open up the API for user and pool stats?
Activity: 174
Merit: 100
Similar question related to GridSeeds...  They are struggling on high difficulty, and I'm not buying "but on average..." argument.

Is there a way to limit difficulty of shares when mining on CM?  I found none so far...
legendary
Activity: 3654
Merit: 8909
https://bpip.org
Ok thank you for clearing that up, so basically I an interpreting what I see wrong... ok I'm stupid and learning.  thanks guys

I guess what concerned me was the difference I was seeing when mining on wemineltc.  Rejects are extremely low, and accepted shares sent are much more rapid, but I guess that has to do with the difficulty and the work being given to the miner?  Like I said, still learning

All of this is expected...

Yes, difficulty 155 vs 512 means you'd be getting accepted shares 3-4 times more often on average. "Average" is the keyword here, you could get a share every few seconds and then none for 5 minutes, but over a longer period of time it will average the expected level. In other words, look at the "A:" column after running for a reasonably long time (12-24 hours), it should show very similar numbers on either pool.

Rejects depend on which coin is being mined, some produce more rejects than others (and possibly more than wemineltc). Again, nothing to worry about since the pool coin switcher most likely has accounted for it.
Activity: 868
Are we doing any Shibecoin mining?
Activity: 252
Merit: 10
Ok thank you for clearing that up, so basically I an interpreting what I see wrong... ok I'm stupid and learning.  thanks guys

I guess what concerned me was the difference I was seeing when mining on wemineltc.  Rejects are extremely low, and accepted shares sent are much more rapid, but I guess that has to do with the difficulty and the work being given to the miner?  Like I said, still learning

All of this is expected...
legendary
Don't know what to say about the scarce accepted rate though... I don't have gridseeds.

They're just slow. 360 KH/s at diff 512 means an accepted share every ~90 seconds on average I think. Nothing to worry about.
legendary
Looking for some input on this, and wanted to post here to see if any of you are also experiencing this issue with CM.

I purchased a few gridseeds and pointed one to CM when standing these up to test and implement.  Rarely do I get any accepted shares on this pool (maybe 2 or 3 every 15 minutes), have many rejected and it is just detecting new blocks over and over without receiving or submitting work.

These are my settings:

cgminer.exe --scrypt -o stratum+tcp://us.clevermining.com:3333 -u btcaddress -p xx --gridseed-options=baud=115200,freq=850,chips=5 --hotplug 30

Basically default.  I am using the cgminer version supplied by GAWMiners on a laptop and used Zadig to install the USB drivers so the miners could be recognized, device manager shows it as a Universal Serial Bus Device STM32 Virtual COM Port.  If I close cgminer and reopen, every time the dual miners are not recognized.  If I have to or need to restart cgminer, I have to close it, unplug the miners from the laptop, wait 15 seconds and plug back in then launch cgminer to detect.  I am not using a USB hub.  Not sure if this info is relevant. 

If I run the miners with WeMineLTC.com, I get all Accepted shares with their var diff, so we are assuming the diff with the multi pools is the problem.  Are we all just SOL when it comes to multi pool mining with these?  I see a lot of posts regarding the dual miners and CM but no resolution as of yet unless I am missing it in my searches.

You have 30k accepted in about 1.5 hours. That's >360 KH/s if my math is correct. In other words you are doing fine. Yes you'll see fewer accepts and more diff changes/work restarts/etc, that's how this pool works due to higher difficulty and coin switching. This will not affect your earnings.
legendary
Activity: 938
Merit: 1007
Have you tried already at 700 Mhz?
Activity: 265
Merit: 250
Looking for some input on this, and wanted to post here to see if any of you are also experiencing this issue with CM.

I purchased a few gridseeds and pointed one to CM when standing these up to test and implement.  Rarely do I get any accepted shares on this pool (maybe 2 or 3 every 15 minutes), have many rejected and it is just detecting new blocks over and over without receiving or submitting work.

These are my settings:

cgminer.exe --scrypt -o stratum+tcp://us.clevermining.com:3333 -u btcaddress -p xx --gridseed-options=baud=115200,freq=850,chips=5 --hotplug 30

Basically default.  I am using the cgminer version supplied by GAWMiners on a laptop and used Zadig to install the USB drivers so the miners could be recognized, device manager shows it as a Universal Serial Bus Device STM32 Virtual COM Port.  If I close cgminer and reopen, every time the dual miners are not recognized.  If I have to or need to restart cgminer, I have to close it, unplug the miners from the laptop, wait 15 seconds and plug back in then launch cgminer to detect.  I am not using a USB hub.  Not sure if this info is relevant.  

If I run the miners with WeMineLTC.com, I get all Accepted shares with their var diff, so we are assuming the diff with the multi pools is the problem.  Are we all just SOL when it comes to multi pool mining with these?  I see a lot of posts regarding the dual miners and CM but no resolution as of yet unless I am missing it in my searches.

I see 30K accepted to 2.5k rejected. Meaning around 7% rejected which is a bit high, but we don't know the time span so the rejected rate could go down to 2% after more uptime. Mind you, rejected untracked shares are not real rejects, only job not found rejects are real. Don't know what to say about the scarce accepted rate though... I don't have gridseeds.
Activity: 123

You must be new here.   I post this idea not because it's necessarily 'correct' (Although, it is) but because having that little percentage thing never go below 100% would stop the endless tirade of posts in this thread about "HOW ARE WE UNDERZ 100%!!! TERK IS STEALING" etc etc etc.

Clearly Terk is not stealing, there is more money to be made keeping this pool alive over the long term then there is with any sort of short sighted behavior such as stealing.

My point is that little percentage on the website is supposed to represent what this pool brings in when compared to just mining straight LTC.  Well it seems, regardless of the number of blocks found in a day, if you are mining LTC, then you are mining at 100% of what mining LTC would bring in.  Understand my point?  Because of variance there is no way to ever know what 100% this or 80% that is with crypto... You just go with what you got.  And if what you got is 6 blocks over a 24 hours period, that's 100% of what you brought in.

So you think it would be ok to just make up a number and call it 100% LTC?

So in a given day, 100% LTC on clevermining gives 0.00320 BTC/day,
100% LTC on pool Y gives 0.00400 BTC/day and 100% LTC on pool Z gives 0.00250 BTC/day?

It's not a made up number. It's a calculated value.
Variance causes the actual result to vary around that value, but if all variables stay the same and the sample size becomes large enough, you will see that the actual result will trend really close to the calculated value.

Think of mining as a lottery and more hashrate gets you more tickets. Having more tickets makes you more likely to win, but unless you have all tickets, you're not guaranteed to win.

Exactly. If we just say that it was 100%, people will get even more confused if they compare it to straight LTC profitability BTC/MHs/Day. We can't make up that number, because that would be faking stats. Even if the trend is really close to the calculated value, it still won't be exact.
Why should we even change it? I think all Terk needs to change is add a FAQ to include all these explanations.

Everything you guys are saying is correct, and you all are missing my point.

My point is to change the way the percentage is calculated to represent the SITE's percentage vs just showing what the percentage is compared to the mathematically perfect situation of getting our number of LTC blocks per day when we factor our pools hash rate vs the global hash rate vs the 2.5 minute estimated time per block etc etc...  

While statistically everything you guys are bringing up is correct, all it does is confuse the young un's.    If clevermining is mining LTC, then the pool is averaging it's own 100% return on LTC.  This isn't the global figure you have mentioned in messages above (which is correct, in it's own way), this is the site's percentage.   That's what I'm getting at.  Then the swings in percentage would be based on that return but averaging in the ups or downs of actual alt coins besides LTC.
I have the happen on occasion but figure it's probably the pool switching coins.

I don't think it is just the pool switching coins, this goes on indefinitely and the rejects increase infinitely.  It never just reads "Accepted 34da9094 diff" across the board, it always just detects new block and network diff changes then a new block, diff changes, repeat and rinse with a share accepted here and there.  Like I said, I get 2-3 shares accepted in a 15 minute time period, it doesn't take more than a minute or so for the pool to switch coins.
Activity: 868
I have the happen on occasion but figure it's probably the pool switching coins.

I purchased a few gridseeds and pointed one to CM when standing these up to test and implement.  Rarely do I get any accepted shares on this pool (maybe 2 or 3 every 15 minutes), have many rejected and it is just detecting new blocks over and over without receiving or submitting work.

These are my settings:

Basically default.  I am using the cgminer version supplied by GAWMiners on a laptop and used Zadig to install the USB drivers so the miners could be recognized, device manager shows it as a Universal Serial Bus Device STM32 Virtual COM Port.  If I close cgminer and reopen, every time the dual miners are not recognized.  If I have to or need to restart cgminer, I have to close it, unplug the miners from the laptop, wait 15 seconds and plug back in then launch cgminer to detect.  I am not using a USB hub.  Not sure if this info is relevant. 

If I run the miners with WeMineLTC.com, I get all Accepted shares with their var diff, so we are assuming the diff with the multi pools is the problem.  Are we all just SOL when it comes to multi pool mining with these?  I see a lot of posts regarding the dual miners and CM but no resolution as of yet unless I am missing it in my searches.
legendary
I have a general clever mining question.

Can I point two workers to the same address link for clever mining?  Will the two worker's hash rates show up on the stats page?  I am guessing they would be combined.
Thank you.

You can use the same address and stats would be combined.
Activity: 798

You must be new here.   I post this idea not because it's necessarily 'correct' (Although, it is) but because having that little percentage thing never go below 100% would stop the endless tirade of posts in this thread about "HOW ARE WE UNDERZ 100%!!! TERK IS STEALING" etc etc etc.

Clearly Terk is not stealing, there is more money to be made keeping this pool alive over the long term then there is with any sort of short sighted behavior such as stealing.

My point is that little percentage on the website is supposed to represent what this pool brings in when compared to just mining straight LTC.  Well it seems, regardless of the number of blocks found in a day, if you are mining LTC, then you are mining at 100% of what mining LTC would bring in.  Understand my point?  Because of variance there is no way to ever know what 100% this or 80% that is with crypto... You just go with what you got.  And if what you got is 6 blocks over a 24 hours period, that's 100% of what you brought in.

100% LTC on pool Y gives 0.00400 BTC/day and 100% LTC on pool Z gives 0.00250 BTC/day?

Variance causes the actual result to vary around that value, but if all variables stay the same and the sample size becomes large enough, you will see that the actual result will trend really close to the calculated value.

Think of mining as a lottery and more hashrate gets you more tickets. Having more tickets makes you more likely to win, but unless you have all tickets, you're not guaranteed to win.

Exactly. If we just say that it was 100%, people will get even more confused if they compare it to straight LTC profitability BTC/MHs/Day. We can't make up that number, because that would be faking stats. Even if the trend is really close to the calculated value, it still won't be exact.
Why should we even change it? I think all Terk needs to change is add a FAQ to include all these explanations.
Activity: 154

Activity: 18
I have a general clever mining question.

Can I point two workers to the same address link for clever mining?  Will the two worker's hash rates show up on the stats page?  I am guessing they would be combined.
Thank you.
Jump to: