Author

Topic: [ANN][AUTO-SWITCH] Profit-switch auto-exchange pool: CleverMining.com - page 139. (Read 554384 times)

Activity: 58
Merit: 0
Terk? Are you still taking a profit when we are mining

Short answer:  Yes, I think it's fair.  Otherwise I would have switched to another pool.

Long answer:
Despite what someone thinks, Terk does a great job with this pool. It is not Terks fault that
altcoins (usually) aren't that profitable as they were a month ago.
Over the last 14 days, we have 12 days > 100% LTC. And the two days under, is by just a few percent.

Of the 2% pool fee, there is fees to exchange altcoin to BTC, fees for paying each user, and
costs of having the pool servers running - it's not exactly an old computer under his desk.

In addition to the actual expenses to be covered, Terk have done - and still does a lot of work for us.

Firstly he has created the pool - this consists of quite a lot of code - handling mining, multi-location servers,
calculation of profiteable coins, auto-exchanging into BTC, paying each user, the very nice pool web page, and so on.

Even some of the coins we have mined (at least in the past) isn't on an exchange that has an API. Then Terk has manually to trade the coins.
And he is also constantly monitoring the market for new (good) coins and other ways to improve profit.

Terk also takes the time to read the forum, answer questions and help people.

He is doing all this while he still is working on improving the pool software, fighting DDoS and other attacks, keeping the servers running
etc, etc.

So yes, I definately think it's fair that Terk still is "taking a profit" when we're at 94% or 98% LTC in a day.
(I guess I would end up with something like 90-95% myself if I were to mine LTC directly or via a LTC pool)
legendary
Activity: 1134
Merit: 1000
Mining for 3 days. Balance over 0.01 from the last 2 days, no payout yet.
http://clevermining.com/users/1GVVAjypt9FLBGKRL6AE9Qa6WE5fj1tNRt
Where are the daily payouts?
Activity: 434
Merit: 250

LOL! Yes. Completely. The fuck kind of question is that? You could just not have a pool to mine at all. Lol wow people kill me
Activity: 174
Merit: 100
16Q3R8NAfK63DvkTUGgLdPScyMU8uSAJUH
Activity: 16
Whatever you did, it's great.

Gpu mining on cgminers 3.72, 3.73, 3.10.

Rejects on NY down to 1.3% over the last 24 hours.

And profitability < LTC.

Our opinions differ on what "great" means.

Activity: 26
Whatever you did, it's great.

Gpu mining on cgminers 3.72, 3.73, 3.10.

Rejects on NY down to 1.3% over the last 24 hours.
Activity: 11
sgminer 4.1.0, 9,5% reject after 14h, eu server
Activity: 30
By patching your pool for few incompatible ASIC miners favour you successfully screwed the standard GPU miners hashrate down by 20%. Good Job!
Activity: 196
9% rejects; cgminer version 3.7.2 ; eu.clevermining.com ;
Activity: 4
better than last night but still 9 % reject, the other card hast 15 % reject
Activity: 169
Terk, you can tell nice story's but still 9% rejects on EU.

I'm at 6,5% now
Activity: 84
Merit: 10
Terk, you can tell nice story's but still 9% rejects on EU.

Activity: 616
Merit: 251
I would like seber good because I have rejected and so have very low intensity Like You're told, I only accept 5 or 6 every hour that's not normal, what could I thank you very much look 1F6feWvQDchzfmSPFnsoQUfLXjr1348bQD cudaminer
legendary
Activity: 1134
Merit: 1000
Mining for 3 days. Balance over 0.01 from the last 2 days, no payout yet.
Activity: 61
A little bit down, in the GPU section, each card shows it's own R: (currently mine shows 5.4 % and 6.2% respectively for GPU 0 and GPU 1). Aside from all that, CGWatcher shows it's own number of accepted and rejected (94.16% accepted, 5.84% rejected).

Exactly. The one show by CGWatcher it's the median of the two GPUs, detailed in that "R:" parameter.
Activity: 51
I'm fairly new to mining, so please bare with me.

Which field in cgminer exactly do you state as rejects in your post? My karloth's cgminer shows A: 394728 R: 24576 at the 3rd line from the top. A little bit down, in the GPU section, each card shows it's own R: (currently mine shows 5.4 % and 6.2% respectively for GPU 0 and GPU 1). Aside from all that, CGWatcher shows it's own number of accepted and rejected (94.16% accepted, 5.84% rejected).

Which of all these reject values are you talking about, and should I be keeping an eye on?

Thanks.
Activity: 420
Merit: 250
I've got more than 30% of rejects...

Very high rejects still @ SF
Activity: 230
i asked before, but it was ignored, so ill ask again, when can u change the diff ? 512 is too big .. come on ...

When I write my own stratum server which will be more efficient and will most likely support vardiff. Too much is going on right now for me to have time for this. I hope to do it sometime in April.

512 isn't too big at all. If you don't want to hop pools mining an hour here and another hour somewhere else, then it shouldn't concern you. If you're here for days, then you'll get the same profitability as with any other diff. Lowering diff only lowers variance so it might affect profitability only in short term span because luck will be more important then.

But as an interim solution can you not also provide 128 or 256? I'd imagine it's simply a matter of re-enabling a switch. As I recall, you said the current diff of 512 is suppose to be temporary while you tracked down some issue back then -- that was over a month ago. Is there still some other problem that requires you to keep the diff setting as is?
Activity: 61
Now 9 hours on Eu server, rejects at 3.6% (cgminer 3.1.0).

Seems OK for me.
Activity: 160
I've got more than 30% of rejects...
Jump to: