Pages:
Author

Topic: [ANN][BDG][BADGERCOIN] POW MULTIPOOL X11/Scrypt/SHA256 - POS LIVE -12h min stake - page 24. (Read 137472 times)

Activity: 84
Merit: 10
Yes, agree with the ideas above, will try and arrange some payment accepted logos to be made. 

We will also add a page for donations for different ideas, maybe one wallet id for each idea and a target.

And another page with a to do list with etas and estimated costs, will make it so the community can add suggestions, and maybe vote so we can gauge the popularity.
Activity: 532
Merit: 500
I could resell web/email/cloud servers for badgers if anyone thinks it would be worthwhile?
sfc
Activity: 134
Would there be a market for USB antminers which can be bought with badgers?

I am thinking about a shop, which i want to get online.
Shipping worldwide .

I m not so familiar with the sha256 hardware market. Maybe you could add other hardware as well. Also you ll have to sell at a good price and i don t know about your competitive capacity. If you can't realize high purchase volumes, you ll have to find other ways to attract customers.

It would be interesting for miners to sell their (new and used) mining hardware on your plattform. Maybe something like ebay did with classified ads, just for us miners. Furthermore you could forward offers of big hardware sellers on your site and convince them to give a small discount on sales realized by your platform.

Maybe even a Badgercoin community section is possible where we add our new or used stuff... i could add Himalaya salt and virgin wool shoes... oO And I' ve heard of some great soap. ^^

You could also let people offer their services, there is a lot of unofficial business making in this thread (e.g. promotion, escrow, settlement...).

Of course it would be best to accept Badgercoin only. People will convert to Badgercoin if your "?-percent-off campaigns" are worthwhile. If you are this Badgercoin fanatic (yeah,yeah,yeah!), I m sure community would gladly cover factorage for you. (If not, I am!) Best maybe for your business would be to accept multiple currencies. That wouldn t boost Badgercoin like in the first option but maybe you could offer an attractive discount for customers paying with Badgercoin.

Easier said than done, I know, but who knows what you are capable of? Grin
legendary
Activity: 1204
Merit: 1004
Activity: 55
Merit: 0
Thx for update devs. Just an idea: If u want to feel like being backed up by community when u take the next step, make a poll. You don t have to follow community of course, but like this u get an idea about what miners and investors want most. Of course everyone has to consider badgercoins limited ressources. So maybe add estimated necessaries like "total amount of funds needed" or "ETA". Maybe it could look like this:

What should be our next steps?

a) Finish Multipool stats (ETA 1 week)
b) Implement anonymous transaction (ETA 4 weeks, Funds: 10BTC)
c) Create a stand alone-funding site to realize future developements/buy votes (ETA 2 weeks)
d) and so on! Smiley

Not sure about the time and costs of course, but this way you bring participation and responsibility to the community and u give everyone the feeling to be a part of this coin and its progress. That should help a lot to build a stronger community. Do you feel like opening up a bit with us? ^^  

+1

That is a great suggestion!

Excellent idea !!!
I agree!
Activity: 162
Merit: 100
Thx for update devs. Just an idea: If u want to feel like being backed up by community when u take the next step, make a poll. You don t have to follow community of course, but like this u get an idea about what miners and investors want most. Of course everyone has to consider badgercoins limited ressources. So maybe add estimated necessaries like "total amount of funds needed" or "ETA". Maybe it could look like this:

c) Create a stand alone-funding site to realize future developements/buy votes (ETA 2 weeks)
d) and so on! Smiley

Not sure about the time and costs of course, but this way you bring participation and responsibility to the community and u give everyone the feeling to be a part of this coin and its progress. That should help a lot to build a stronger community. Do you feel like opening up a bit with us? ^^  

+1

That is a great suggestion!

Excellent idea !!!
legendary
Activity: 1204
Merit: 1004
hashrate growing again, lookin good Smiley
Activity: 767
Merit: 532
sfc

d) and so on! Smiley

@soapmaker

Damn! Sorry for that ambiguity, not intended! "Crappy stuff" was related to uninspired coins added to big markets like Mintpal and not to the quality of your soap. I don't know ur product, from what u write it has to be of fine quality. Smiley Happy to see a badger soap!

I just got that now, upon reading what you wrote again !
LOL, You make great points.
I appreciate what you say about having clear objectives & a weekly progress report from the dev.

Even the heads up BadgerTeam just gave us about wanting to add stats to the multipool but now changing course because of low hash rate.
That's really good for us to know !
Thanks for the update !

To the moon & getting on MintPal should not be the ultimate goals of this coin. Agreed.
How about anonymous sending along with a crypto marketplace that would accept badgers. Even a BadgerMarketplace...
Although once there is a good marketplace, there's no reason why it wouldn't accept *most* crypto coins.
Aaron_m, that's Great news ! keep us updated on your progress please !
Maybe some of us could donate some Badgers to support your work.
We could create a bounty to encourage & support new features & development.
LOL @ Tyler Durden. Loved the end of that movie for sure ! Let's achieve the same ends but peacefully, using cryptocurrencies Smiley
Okay guys my rig was down but now I'm mining again, everyone come join and let's make BDG flourish!

Okay guys my rig was down but now I'm mining again, everyone come join and let's make BDG flourish!

I never left Cheesy

Thank you both, and if you didn't already know you can get extra speed on x11 from your cpu!  im getting 500kh from mine, only using 6 out of the 8 cores (so the pc is usable and it doesn't effect gpu mining speed).

We're still adding extra badger coins on your payments also.
Activity: 585

I never left Cheesy
Activity: 767
Merit: 532
Part of the problem with constant updates is things change, like 2 days ago we were planning on getting the multipool finished with stats etc... we're now down to 10 users on the x11 port and 50MH, so now we have stopped work on it and are now looking into other things like the suggested anonymous sending.

Ideas and suggestions are welcome though
Yes, its pretty annoying when you see actual scam coins getting attention and not clean launch ones, then they wonder why they get scammed.
Activity: 48
Merit: 0
This coin indeed deserves more. Everything about this coin has been smooth. Smooth launch, great multipool, POS working fine etc., nothing to complain about at all. But as people say, you have to stay unique in order to make it in this altcoin-jungle.

An anonymous feature would bring this coin to new levels, and a more active community taking part in the development aswell, as more frequently updates from dev on whats going on.

Its the small things that will get a coin rolling, and the feeling that things are going in the right direction Smiley thats just my point of view.
Cool ! I also make ... Soap ! (you saw that one coming, didn't you? )
I'd be happy to offer hand made, very inexpensive & high quality soaps for Badgers, either on your webshop or on my own Smiley Toothpaste as well.

I can't help but think this now.....

His name is Tyler Durden!
I'm working on a alt coin market place, hoping to have it up and running in a few weeks, will have built in escrow etc too.
sfc
@soapmaker

Damn! Sorry for that ambiguity, not intended! "Crappy stuff" was related to uninspired coins added to big markets like Mintpal and not to the quality of your soap. I don't know ur product, from what u write it has to be of fine quality. Smiley Happy to see a badger soap!

ok, good points. Sometimes the exposure to a large pool of traders ie; MintPal is exactly the fresh blood a coin needs to spur more development. Look at Cinni, they had nothing but a coin & when people bought Cinnis that spurred the community to improve their website & to seek to add features to the coin. There are only a few Proof Of Stake coins that have a low coin total. This alone would make Badger attractive if it were accessible to larger markets. What improvements did you have in mind? What would everyone suggest as a possible feature for Badger?
Dev, how about a regular update & ideas/possibilities for new features? I'd be happy to donate to an escrow address for further development of BadgerCoin.  Devs what do you have in mind? sfc, thanks for the good ideas.

One might say, you can sell the crappiest stuff on a crowded market... maybe you are right and Mintpal brings some attention to Badgercoin, but it won't last for long and should generally not be the goal of any serious developement. Devs have worked hard, Badgercoin deserves more.

To my mind, first and most important thing for now would be a roadmap and regular update by devs. If there is a good plan for Badgercoin, miners and investors will more likely stay interested in it. No information, no confidence.

Also the community should be more involved in the developement process. Devs should let us know what they are capable of and what is out of there reach. Only then can the community discuss if and how we can support with manpower or funding.

I think implementing popular or new and unique features (as devs indicated) is essential to the future success of Badgercoin.    

Dear devs, don t get annoyed, it s not about continually challenging you guys. We know you work hard for Badgercoin and you have delivered good stuff. This coin has beneficial basic features, a cute logo, a stable multipool. There will be a new website. It s about us believing in you and a community that wants to get involved. Hope you take that as a good sign and find it worthwhile to react accordingly.

I like what sfc has to say. I do want to say that "crappy stuff" has nothing to do with what I mentionned. My soap is of the highest quality & presentation. It is sold incredibly cheap because I do this as a community service in Agorist principles ! I make no money on soapmaking. & I do a beautiful job ! Crypto decentralizes money so that we may escape the grips of those who would parasite our money though irresponsible inflation of the supply & unreasonable fees & controls. Decentralizing production, which will be a next evolution connected to cryptocurrency is a way of helping humans escape the parasitic corporations who produce products that are designed to break soon after buying them, so that you will buy another overpriced, slaveshop made product from the same corporation. https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Planned_obsolescence Toxic ingredients abound & the prices are as high as they can reasonably make them. Darkmarket & other "market 4 crypto" projects are right around the corner & they will be major breakthroughs not just "markets selling crappy junk". I am a big believer in self-sufficiency & Agorism, we need to build alternate systems or the WallMarts of the world will become One giant all-owning Corporate entity which owns all governments of the world & rapes the planet without any care because Corporations care only about profit by their design, they do NOT breathe like Humans do. But I digress,
Devs, thanks for all you've done so far. How about weekly ideas, suggestions & updates?
Although I have lofty ideals & radical aspirations, I still like to trade crypto on MintPal too !
I could easily get a badger mold for soaps but maybe a more serious marketplace with real quality products that people need would be nice too. Soap, toothpaste & incense is what I make right now. Handmade tobacco pipes of tropical hardwoods are coming soon Smiley
The future will be DIY, so let's do it !
Pages:
Jump to: