Pages:
Author

Topic: [ANN][BITS][Bitstar] Now on Cryptopia, Nova and Yobit new wallet fork in testing - page 57. (Read 438035 times)

Activity: 364
Merit: 250
My v1.3 wallet has not been syncing or staking for 4 days, it stops and it starts syncing then stops for hours and starts again. I was staking everyday but have not staked in 4 days and it counted down to 1 second to stake then stopped working.

I am trying to sync wallet  v1.4, I used the fast start and it opened at 6th of April hours ago and is now only up to the 8th of April, it is very slow.
Activity: 2408
Merit: 693
SecureShift.io | Crypto-Exchange
FYO current explorer is incompatible with our latest wallet updates (fast start patch), so it will be down for a day or so while its updated and resyncs.

Looking into getting us on a 3rd party explorer also, which is better anyway than relying on one.
One thing you could try, add "-timeout=1000" into your start up.  I have this on all the servers, it makes it give up on a dead connection much faster.

how can i do that?

On windows, create a shortcut to the exe (or edit the shortcut if you already have one), then edit the target with -timeout=1000 on the end of it, then restart the wallet using that shortcut.
Activity: 490
Merit: 500
0_0
One thing you could try, add "-timeout=1000" into your start up.  I have this on all the servers, it makes it give up on a dead connection much faster.

how can i do that?
Bitstar has now moved from 35% a year stake reward to 25%
One thing you could try, add "-timeout=1000" into your start up.  I have this on all the servers, it makes it give up on a dead connection much faster.

The 500 blocks thing is known, it happens on all coins its as the wallet writes back to the database. 

The no bar is also the same on all wallets, its while your wallet finds the best chain, so it doesn't know yet how many blocks are needed.
0_0
It appears there was a bug in the code we forked from, a new wallet has been released below:

Bitstar Full Services wallet (RECOMMENDED):

Windows rar: Mega.co.nz
Mac DMG: Mega.co.nz

Bitstar basic wallet:

was that the reason for the crashes I had?

No, this was another problem all together, still not sure why you 2 users are having problems, but all other users are fine + all test wallets are fine and as you can imagine I had to update quite a lot of servers yesterday.  This made syncing fast again (for everyone but you two I guess)

To be honest I saw a small improvement 15 hours ago. it was syncing a bit faster (but still slow). It could do around 2 days in one hour.
The problem with us two might be because we sync from scratch and other might be staking /syncing daily.
As you can see below. You gave me the bootstrap, it took some hours to fully sync and then it was taking me around 30 minutes to sync every 2 days so there was no reason to complain.
https://bitcointalksearch.org/topic/m.10869618

Now I am at 19 of February 2015
The other thing I have observed which might give you a clue to fix something is that if I close and reopen the wallet it syncs 500 blocks (blocks ending in 459 or 959) in under a minute and then stops for 5 minutes or hours. So if I keep closing and reopening the wallet every time it stops, it's syncing.
For those 500 blocks which sync immediately after I open the wallet, the bottom bar does not appear. After the 500 blocks which the wallet stops the bottom bar appears.

the first photo below shows the wallet when I open it. it's syncing and there is no bar.
the second photo shows the wallet a few seconds later. It's stuck at blocks ending in 459 or 959 and bottom bar appears

It appears there was a bug in the code we forked from, a new wallet has been released below:

Bitstar basic wallet:

No, this was another problem all together, still not sure why you 2 users are having problems, but all other users are fine + all test wallets are fine and as you can imagine I had to update quite a lot of servers yesterday.  This made syncing fast again (for everyone but you two I guess)
Activity: 206
Merit: 100
http://canadianbit.com/ - Let's Mine Canadian!
This wallet is still glitched.. what have you done?.. it worked so well for months.. ffs.. i so love wasting days and days just to get a wallet to sync and stake properly.. when did this become too much to ask for... trying to re-sync again and now its still very very slow... (throws hands up in the air)!  PLEASE for the love of crypto will you actually test these wallets before you push them out.. id be happy to wait weeks if it meant not having to screw around for days just to get it to sync and stake..

frustrated!

Seeing same behaviour...sticking at 459's and 959's.. i used the downloaded data to get ahead (still over 30 days behind) .. but this thing is syncing like a snail in a tar pit...

New version will take many days to sync at the rate its going at.. rainbow colours don't mean shit if it doesn't sync quickly..

Update:  v1.3 It is going so slow it will take about a week to sync.. ridiculous.. did you even test the new version.. can't stake now...

2nd Update :  v1.4 New version helped and now synced and staking.. phew... wasted 3 days on glitched update.. make sure to get newest version.

*3rd Update : v1.4 seemed like it was synced and staking.. but really I had forked and was on my own.. i had locked wallet and only the main 4 nodes then unlocked and sometime today on its own it forked off .. still forking up.. reloading and trying from fast sync (AGAIN)..sigh

db

After 3 days of syncing I am at 61%  Grin

By the way I have noticed that it syncs 500 or 1000 blocks and stops for around 5 minutes.
It always stops to blocks ending at 459 and/or 959

Merry Xmas everyone!

0_0

Bitstar basic wallet:

I'll create new installers and upload to alternative locations tomorrow.

Bitstar basic wallet:

0_0
You are using the most up to date version? that's the only thing I can think of that would cause it to crash.... mixed version data

I am using the latest one. 1.3.0.0 windows

Do you know if there are files somewhere else except the extraction folder (where the bitstar-qt.exe file is) and the /roaming/bitstar folder ?

It's really strange as I have not experienced problems with this or the previous version wallet before.
I have used an older bootstrap you gave me and later the bootstrap included with the new version of wallet.
Everything was fine.
2-3 days later, I tried to open the wallet and problems appeared.
OK, first problem was solved because I needed to reboot my laptop as I don't shut it down put just put it to sleep.
But the crash was caused only when I have the bootstrap files.

Also, what makes the wallet to sync so slowly?

All wallets run on a peer to peer connection, so is limited by the peers you connect to, we tested a full resync and managed in under half a day.

No there are no other folders just where you extract the program, and roaming.

You may run a node or a node is close to you, I don't know. As you can see another person confirms sync is slow "like a snail".
As far as I proceed it becomes slower. I am now at 8 of january 2015 since yesterday.

by the way are there any more nodes other than these?

addnode=seed.bitstarcoin.com
addnode=seed2.bitstarcoin.com
addnode=seed3.bitstarcoin.com
addnode=seed4.bitstarcoin.com
Activity: 206
Merit: 100
http://canadianbit.com/ - Let's Mine Canadian!
Seeing same behaviour...sticking at 459's and 959's.. i used the downloaded data to get ahead (still over 30 days behind) .. but this thing is syncing like a snail in a tar pit...

New version will take many days to sync at the rate its going at.. rainbow colours don't mean shit if it doesn't sync quickly..

Update:  v1.3 It is going so slow it will take about a week to sync.. ridiculous.. did you even test the new version.. can't stake now...

2nd Update :  v1.4 New version helped and now synced and staking.. phew... wasted 3 days on glitched update.. make sure to get newest version.

*3rd Update : v1.4 seemed like it was synced and staking.. but really I had forked and was on my own.. i had locked wallet and only the main 4 nodes then unlocked and sometime today on its own it forked off .. still forking up.. reloading and trying from fast sync (AGAIN)..sigh

db

After 3 days of syncing I am at 61%  Grin

By the way I have noticed that it syncs 500 or 1000 blocks and stops for around 5 minutes.
It always stops to blocks ending at 459 and/or 959

Merry Xmas everyone!

You are using the most up to date version? that's the only thing I can think of that would cause it to crash.... mixed version data

Do you know if there are files somewhere else except the extraction folder (where the bitstar-qt.exe file is) and the /roaming/bitstar folder ?

It's really strange as I have not experienced problems with this or the previous version wallet before.
I have used an older bootstrap you gave me and later the bootstrap included with the new version of wallet.
Everything was fine.
OK, first problem was solved because I needed to reboot my laptop as I don't shut it down put just put it to sleep.

All wallets run on a peer to peer connection, so is limited by the peers you connect to, we tested a full resync and managed in under half a day.

No there are no other folders just where you extract the program, and roaming.
0_0

Everything was fine.

legendary
Activity: 2240
Merit: 1254
Thread-puller extraordinaire
although I have around 50 wallets from coins

*reaches for the, "Well thar's ya problem" meme*

0_0
I recommend you try CCleaner if you don't already, as it can clean up huge amounts of detritus on your pc.

http://www.piriform.com/ccleaner

This can often help towards resolving unusual application errors. Checking your java version is useful, too, including cleaning out old versions that can still sometimes be sitting in your system.

As you seem to be the only user persistently finding problems with using this wallet, I'd suspect it is likely to be more to do with your PC than anything inherently at fault with the wallet.

Yes, I think something has to do with my PC, although I have around 50 wallets from coins and never experienced such problem.
If the wallet ever syncs, I will keep a copy of it Cheesy
Pages:
Jump to: