Pages:
Author

Topic: [ANN][BITS][Bitstar] Now on Cryptopia, Nova and Yobit new wallet fork in testing - page 60. (Read 438035 times)

Activity: 2408
Merit: 693
SecureShift.io | Crypto-Exchange
OP could use a logo.

+1

Dev, can we get a nice logo added to the OP? Smiley

Logo readded, will rejig the op shortly so it looks more like the website
legendary
Activity: 1638
Merit: 1011
jakiman is back!
OP could use a logo.

+1

Dev, can we get a nice logo added to the OP? Smiley
legendary
Activity: 1680
Merit: 1003
Well, That's Crypto :-\
Thanks for reply.

Perhaps I should have said idiot proof, rather than technophobe Smiley

Anyhoo, at the risk of trying your patience still further  Wink presumably having installed the new wallet, %appdata%/bitstar will still contain my old wallet.dat file - is that correct?

I always make a copy of my %appdata%/whateverCoin folder before making any wallet upgrades. If something goes horribly wrong you have a backup of old chain & wallet.
If new client syncs fine and wallet balance is correct then you can always go back and delete the duplicate copy.

@Bitstar_coin Thanks for the above reply.
Thanks for reply.

Anyhoo, at the risk of trying your patience still further  Wink presumably having installed the new wallet, %appdata%/bitstar will still contain my old wallet.dat file - is that correct?

That is correct, you don't need to touch that file, infact I recommend backing up each time you do anything manually in the folder.
Activity: 577
Merit: 500
Thanks for reply.

Website looks great.

Curious if someone can take a look at my earlier post from a @#$%ing week ago regarding the wallet not opening.

Sounds like your bootstrap didn't take.  Make sure have the up to date wallet, and you have it turned fully off when you copy over the data from the quick sync pack into the the %appdata%/bitstar folder.

@Bitstar_coin, I'm currently still using the old wallet and I don't know what step(s) I need to take to make sure that the Bitstar balance in my old wallet appears in the new wallet once I have d/loaded it. Could you post a technophobe-friendly guide?

Many thanks  Smiley

Well techphobe friendly is to just install the new wallet, go to %appdata%/bitstar and delete blkindex.dat, but this means the wallet will spend quite a long time loading as it will have to reindex every block ever seen by your wallet.

The faster way is to install the new wallet, and extract the files from the fast sync zip into %appdata%/bitstar, it then only has to index the last week or so, so will be much faster.

Please let me know if that's not techphobe friendly enough.

Activity: 577
Website looks great.

Curious if someone can take a look at my earlier post from a @#$%ing week ago regarding the wallet not opening.

Sounds like your bootstrap didn't take.  Make sure have the up to date wallet, and you have it turned fully off when you copy over the data from the quick sync pack into the the %appdata%/bitstar folder.

@Bitstar_coin, I'm currently still using the old wallet and I don't know what step(s) I need to take to make sure that the Bitstar balance in my old wallet appears in the new wallet once I have d/loaded it. Could you post a technophobe-friendly guide?

Many thanks  Smiley
OP could use a logo.

I hope a few bitstar and am deciding whether to expand my position.

Curious if the anonymous tech for bitstar has every been explained? How it works ect.

I would be interested and Im sure potential investors would appreciate the information.

Would also love to know what updates are upcoming and when. ie. roadmap

Thanks.

Anon was explained a long time ago when it was launched, but it will be removed in the next release, after long talks we think it's not the kind of thing new users to crypto will want to see as they may relate it to scamming and with the launch of the ATM, we're hoping to see lots of new users.

Current basic roadmap

- rebuild of p2p exchange both for wallet and for supernet integration (currently being worked on)
- rebuild of services pages in wallet
- ecommerce
- multipool rewrite

Working on other things all at the same time too.
legendary
OP could use a logo.

I hope a few bitstar and am deciding whether to expand my position.

Curious if the anonymous tech for bitstar has every been explained? How it works ect.

I would be interested and Im sure potential investors would appreciate the information.

Would also love to know what updates are upcoming and when. ie. roadmap

Thanks.

Activity: 313
Merit: 250
New website now live: http://bitstarcoin.com/

It also is optimised for mobiles, which is a good job with googles latest changes.

Website preview:

Mobile preview:

Wow! Really nice looking site, works like a charm! Gives lot information for new comers and is still simple! Nice work team, keep it up!
legendary
Sounds like your bootstrap didn't take.  Make sure have the up to date wallet, and you have it turned fully off when you copy over the data from the quick sync pack into the the %appdata%/bitstar folder.

I re-DL'd everything and started over.

New wallet is sweet! Nice Work!

Good to go now, Thanks.
Website looks great.

Sounds like your bootstrap didn't take.  Make sure have the up to date wallet, and you have it turned fully off when you copy over the data from the quick sync pack into the the %appdata%/bitstar folder.
legendary
Website looks great.

New website now live: http://bitstarcoin.com/

It also is optimised for mobiles, which is a good job with googles latest changes.

Website preview:

Mobile preview:

In wallet Supernet Lite wallet updated to v2.0.4, you may need to restart for changes to take effect
Activity: 480
Hey, I just realized that today marks BitStar's one year anniversary!! (Now noted on the SubReddit) On April 17th, 2014 Scrypt mining of BitStar began. Happy anniversary BitStar! (NOTE: The PoS anniversarry is still six weeks away)
Activity: 480
Is it just me or is BitStar still ridiculously undervalued? I mean seriously, of all the SuperNET coins it seems to be the most overlooked, and it's got WAY MORE going for it than new coins like Positron (TRON), yet it's still an order of magnitude (i.e. the difference of adding a digit, like 10 compared to 100) behind in price. Don't get me wrong, I'm glad I can pick up more BitStar on the cheap (I wish I had bought even more when it briefly fell to 0.00000060 BTC long ago!), but I also hate seeing less deserving coins getting all the attention and volume.  Angry I moderate the SubReddit, and I tweet about BitStar when I can, but it still seems to be largely unknown. Guess I'm a little frustrated.

UPDATE: And now Bittrex is threatening to de-list BitStar again! Quote: "This market is in danger of de-listing due to low trade volume and lack of user interest. It may be removed on April 24th unless the average daily trade volume for the last 7 days exceeds 0.2 BTC."
legendary
Activity: 2240
Merit: 1254
Thread-puller extraordinaire
The ticker could always be changed to 'XB*' and the units referred to as 'Bstars' or just 'Stars'

If this BTC renaming convention is going to be an issue, that is.

Activity: 490
0_0
Yes its confusing. But the good thing is that 1000 real Bits equals 3 dollars! 😆

yes, but if people want to buy bits(tar) they might be confused and buy bitcoin from there.
Activity: 313
Yes its confusing. But the good thing is that 1000 real Bits equals 3 dollars! 😆
Pages:
Jump to: