Pages:
Author

Topic: [ANN][BLC] Blakecoin Blake-256 for GPU/FPGA With Merged Mined Pools Stable Net - page 100. (Read 409571 times)

Activity: 53
Merit: 0
hey im having a few troubles getting a second gpu to recognize on cgminer. i have a 780ti hashing but i added in a 6870 just for kicks to get some extra and it is not recognized by cgminer. drivers are updated. and catalyst installed.
Have you installed the AMD APP SDK v2.9 i think thats the rignt one you need for the amd gpu
legendary
Activity: 964
Merit: 1000
hey im having a few troubles getting a second gpu to recognize on cgminer. i have a 780ti hashing but i added in a 6870 just for kicks to get some extra and it is not recognized by cgminer. drivers are updated. and catalyst installed.
Activity: 182
Merit: 100
In both of your configs you have 'eu3.blakecoin.com' added twice. The full error message should include pool number, if its pool 0 or pool 3 maybe thats the problem.
Code:
"debug": true,
"verbose":true
You can use those options to get more info.
Activity: 938
Crypto-missionary to the Kingdom of Rhegged
when i started it was missing the auto fan or fan settings but here is my 7950´s 2.3ghs my 280x are at 2.7-8ghs and the only thing that is different is the cpu speed and worksize 512

With these settings on the HD7990 the temp still spiked. At I=9 the temp held at 85 (gpu1) & 81 (gpu 0) (ambient 22) & I got 3.46 Gh/s. No 'JSON stratum authority failed (null)' but I suspect that to be a prob at the other end now anyway. Plenty of 'accepted's Grin

So thank you.

BOLLOX the JSON thing is back again, on both PCs. Now gone again, what the hell is it?

@Calhil  - I've noted your settings, will try them to see if it makes things even better later, wanna observe for a while first - plus install all the wallets!

... and NO, the GPUs are on different PCs, I'm not a complete noob!

OBSERVATION -
Target share % seems to be consistently very high on the pool but this one seems to indicate a prob somewhere for B+  ..... Est. Shares    193 (done: 3844.56%)

Gonna post this now, before anything else changes!

Thanks to all for 'being a good community'.

E2A- (@Calhil) those settings crashed the 5870 (blue screen)
Activity: 56
Can you use Antminers to mine Blakecoin with?

Antminers = SHA-256D

Blake-256 is not SHA-256D so no you cannot use them

it is not possible to use any Bitcoin asic's for Blake and you risk getting banned(auto ban scripts) for flooding the pools with invalid shares if you try and I can 100% guarantee SHA-256D shares are rejected on the pools as it is a different algo

Asic's do one thing very well but they are fixed to the algo and are not reprogramable like FPGA or GPU hope that makes sense  Cheesy

Yep was just curious. I have never read up on ASICs much until today and was just curious. Smiley
legendary
Activity: 1509
Merit: 1030
Solutions Architect

Antminers = SHA-256D

Blake-256 is not SHA-256D so no you cannot use them

it is not possible to use any Bitcoin asic's for Blake and you risk getting banned(auto ban scripts) for flooding the pools with invalid shares if you try and I can 100% guarantee SHA-256D shares are rejected on the pools as it is a different algo

Asic's do one thing very well but they are fixed to the algo and are not reprogramable like FPGA or GPU hope that makes sense  Cheesy
Can you post your cgminer config file here so we can see Smiley

Sure thing!

Here's the HD5870 one...

[...]

I did get about 20 minutes of 'clean' mining but now the 'JSON stratum authority failed (null)' is back so I'm back to Myriad until I get it all sussed.
Imo 4 gpu threads might be too much, try 1 or 2.
Try settings below. Modify "intensity", overclock your gpu core with "gpu-engine" and underclock memory with "gpu-memclock"
Code:
"intensity" : "10",
"auto-gpu" : true,
"expiry" : "120",
"failover-only" : true,
"gpu-threads" : "2",
"gpu-platform" : "0",
"log" : "5",
"no-restart" : true,
"queue" : "3",
"scan-time" : "30",
"worksize" : "256",
"temp-hysteresis" : "4",
"blake256" : true,
"no-submit-stale": true,

"gpu-engine" : "1000",
"gpu-memclock" : "800",
"gpu-powertune" : "0",
"gpu-fan" : "10-100",
"auto-fan" : true,
"temp-cutoff" : "95",
"temp-overheat" : "85",
"temp-target" : "75",
Btw, if you have both gpus in the same rig, imo theres no point running 2 cgminer instances.
when i started it was missing the auto fan or fan settings but here is my 7950´s 2.3ghs my 280x are at 2.7-8ghs and the only thing that is different is the cpu speed and worksize 512

{
"pools" : [
   {
      "url" : "stratum+tcp://eu3.blakecoin.com:3334",
      "user" : "user.user",
      "pass" : "x"
   }
]
"intensity" : "14",
"vectors" : "1",
"worksize" : "256",
"kernel" : "blake256",
"gpu-engine" : "0-1100",
"gpu-fan" : "30-85",
"gpu-memclock" : "800",
"gpu-memdiff" : "0",
"gpu-powertune" : "20",
"gpu-vddc" : "0.000",
"temp-cutoff" : "95",
"temp-overheat" : "85",
"temp-target" : "75",
"api-port" : "4028",
"gpu-dyninterval" : "7",
"gpu-threads" : "2",
"hotplug" : "5",
"no-pool-disable" : true,
"no-submit-stale" : true,
"shares" : "0",
"kernel-path" : "/"
}

Sure thing!

Here's the HD5870 one...

Code:
{
{
"user" : "DiracConvertUK.astra",
"pass" : "xxxxxxx"
},
{
"url" : "stratum+tcp://ny2.blakecoin.com:3334",
},
{
"url" : "stratum+tcp://la1.blakecoin.com:3334",
},
{
}
],

"intensity" : "13",
"gpu-threads" : "4",
"worksize" : "128",
}

and this is for the HD7990. The highest intensity that can be run without thermal shutdown is I=2

Code:
{
{
"user" : "DiracConvertUK.beast",
},
{
"url" : "stratum+tcp://ny2.blakecoin.com:3334",
},
{
"url" : "stratum+tcp://la1.blakecoin.com:3334",
},
{
}
],

"intensity" : "2",
"gpu-threads" : "4",
"worksize" : "128",
}

I did get about 20 minutes of 'clean' mining but now the 'JSON stratum authority failed (null)' is back so I'm back to Myriad until I get it all sussed.
Greetings, Blakesters  Grin

I'm here because I started following Bryce Weiner on twatter a few days ago. I find the concept of merged mining fascinating even if at first it sounds 'too good to be true'.

Since the end of PoW on ZeitCoin I've been finding the best use of my somewhat-limited resources (an HD7990 & an HD5870) I did a little X-11 then recently found a degree of satisfaction with myriad-groestl.

This morning I joined all 3 merge-pools, downloaded the suggested CGMiner & modded the supplied .conf with my user & worker details.

I've read the last 6 or 7 pages of this thread to see if anyone has experienced what I did but no joy.

Both PCs are Win7, I'm an industrial electrical engineer so all the techy stuff (linux, compiling etc) is WAY beyond my skills. OK, I'm OLD Sad

Starting with the HD5870 -

MOSTLY I get the 'JSON stratum authority failed (null)' but occasionally do get an accepted - the share-rate on the pool looks like a bloody rollercoaster with many flatspots. I=13, Temp around 77 degrees with 1.17 Gh/s but the pool shows between 2.3 - 4.5 Gh/s! (right now - hashrate 4581298   difficulty 32)

With the HD7990 it's the same story EXCEPT that even with intensity down to 9 the damned thing runs into thermal shutdown within 2 minutes Sad

Anyone willing to take mercy on this ole fossil & help me get running smoothly on the multipools?
Activity: 1036
Merit: 500
Is BLC, PHO, or B on any exchanges? Figure XDQ isn't since it just started

They are all on the Atomic-Trade Exchange now.

It has Dirac price as 25.0000, 25.000 what?

25 NAUT
You dont need to do any compiling here. Cgminer only needs the files in 'include' directory.
Just unzip that archive and follow the steps from https://bitcointalksearch.org/topic/m.6764336

The instructions you're linking to don't have any details about what files to copy, where to get them from (apparently the zip file you just linked me to), or exactly where to put them. 
I'm assuming you're saying to copy the 3 files in the include dir from the zip file to the ADL_SDK directory located in the modified cgminer's directory.

I found a readme file in the ADL_SDK folder that seems to indicate this, so I copied those files and continued with the instructions. 

autogen resulted in

---
Configuration Options Summary:

libcurl(GBT+getwork).: Enabled: -lcurl 
  curses.TUI...........: FOUND: -lncurses
  OpenCL...............: Detection overrided. GPU mining support DISABLED
configure: error: No mining configured in
---

Not sure if that's the correct response or not, so I continued

./configure --enable-opencl

it resulted with:

OpenCL...............: NOT FOUND. GPU mining support DISABLED

So this seemed to indicate I was missing OpenCL, which I guess I haven't needed for scrypt mining the past 7 months. I figured out where to get this and how to install it and tried building cgminer again and this time it seemed to do so successfully.

It's been running for a few minutes now and seems to be getting work accepted so I think it's working now. Thanks for the help.
You dont need to copy anything, just follow the instructions and the script will do everything for you. It assumes you have all the drivers installed already. I tested it on 2 different systems and it worked without any problems.
Its good that you got it working in the end  Wink
here it is http://www.blakecoin.org/cgminer-alt-pool-eu.7z go there grab that cg miner. open the .conf file and add your info in there then start cgminer

Heya, Infernoman. I sent you a PM. Trying to find out what settings you used in CGMiner to run your 780Ti? I have one also and am trying to get it running. I have that and a Radeon HD 5850 in the same box so I will need to figure out how to make sure the settings for each card are applied to the right one
legendary
Activity: 964
here it is http://www.blakecoin.org/cgminer-alt-pool-eu.7z go there grab that cg miner. open the .conf file and add your info in there then start cgminer
Activity: 558
I take it the pools are under DDoS again? Started bouncing back and forth between them and now can't connect at all...
Activity: 558
You dont need to do any compiling here. Cgminer only needs the files in 'include' directory.
Just unzip that archive and follow the steps from https://bitcointalksearch.org/topic/m.6764336

The instructions you're linking to don't have any details about what files to copy, where to get them from (apparently the zip file you just linked me to), or exactly where to put them. 
I'm assuming you're saying to copy the 3 files in the include dir from the zip file to the ADL_SDK directory located in the modified cgminer's directory.

I found a readme file in the ADL_SDK folder that seems to indicate this, so I copied those files and continued with the instructions. 

autogen resulted in

---

OpenCL...............: Detection overrided. GPU mining support DISABLED
---

Not sure if that's the correct response or not, so I continued

./configure --enable-opencl

it resulted with:

OpenCL...............: NOT FOUND. GPU mining support DISABLED

So this seemed to indicate I was missing OpenCL, which I guess I haven't needed for scrypt mining the past 7 months. I figured out where to get this and how to install it and tried building cgminer again and this time it seemed to do so successfully.

It's been running for a few minutes now and seems to be getting work accepted so I think it's working now. Thanks for the help.
legendary
Activity: 1148
Merit: 1018
It's about time -- All merrit accepted !!!
see the op for all exchanges blake coin is on i think 4 total,

photon on 2

It has Dirac price as 25.0000, 25.000 what?
Pages:
Jump to: