Pages:
Author

Topic: [ANN][BLC] Blakecoin Blake-256 for GPU/FPGA With Merged Mined Pools Stable Net - page 99. (Read 409571 times)

legendary
Activity: 1509
Merit: 1030
Solutions Architect
3.1.1 is the most stable and tested on the most machines and should be tried first, 3.7.2 is not as stable in the early testing and there is no real gain to using it unless you get some weird issues when running 3.1.1

hope that makes sense  Cheesy

Activity: 938
Merit: 1000
Crypto-missionary to the Kingdom of Rhegged
In both of your configs you have 'eu3.blakecoin.com' added twice. The full error message should include pool number, if its pool 0 or pool 3 maybe thats the problem.
Code:
"debug": true,
"verbose":true
You can use those options to get more info.

ARGHH!

I deleted the extra pool & added those options and ...

It won't load the .conf, says something about JSON fatal error Sad

(Up until today I've always used simple .bat files to launch miners, might go back to that at this rate)

You'll get that error if there is a missing  ,   after the "verbose" : true  if that is not the last entry on the conf.

Notice how all the conf lines have the  ,   at the end, except for the last one.

Just tried these lines on my conf file and it will not start with these in there.

Code:
"debug" : true,
"verbose" : true

Maybe those options are not supported in the version of CGMiner 3.1.1

Normally the best way to start with a new miner is to run it without any conf or bat at all and enter the pool info when prompted.

It should then start and you then hit Settings and Write to get a basic cgminer.conf

Then you can edit the cgminer.conf file adding the settings you want and restarting by clicking the cgminer.exe which will then load the cgminer.conf file.

That way you have a base .conf file to work with tweaking as you go.

Might give that a whirl!

But I'm using cgminer-3.7.2-blake

EDIT - miner kept crashing doing that. re-tweaked the .conf to this & used afterburner to set fans to 100%, JUST holding under 93 degrees (gpu1) & getting 3.83 Gh/s WU:1643/s

Code:
{
"pools" : [
   {
      "url" : "stratum+tcp://eu3.blakecoin.com:3334",
      "user" : "DiracConvertUK.beast",
      "pass" : "x"
   }
]
"intensity" : "9",
"vectors" : "1",
"worksize" : "256",
"kernel" : "blake256",
"gpu-engine" : "0-1100",
"gpu-fan" : "30-100",
"gpu-memclock" : "800",
"gpu-memdiff" : "0",
"gpu-powertune" : "20",
"gpu-vddc" : "0.000",
"temp-cutoff" : "95",
"temp-overheat" : "85",
"temp-target" : "75",
"api-port" : "4028",
"auto-gpu" : true,
"expiry" : "120",
"failover-only" : true,
"gpu-dyninterval" : "7",
"gpu-platform" : "0",
"gpu-threads" : "2",
"hotplug" : "5",
"log" : "5",
"no-pool-disable" : true,
"no-restart" : true,
"no-submit-stale" : true,
"queue" : "3",
"scan-time" : "30",
"blake256" : true,
"temp-hysteresis" : "4",
"shares" : "0",
"kernel-path" : "/"
}

legendary
Solutions Architect

not sure why you are getting connection issues

I would ping and tracert your connection to the server in command prompt see if you have any high ping latency issues

Edit:

is there a specific server you are having issues with btw?

I have all three in my config file. When I open cgminer it says it's launching then hangs for a minute or more before finally listing the names of all three servers, the worker name & password and lets me press any key or wait for it to retry.

If I leave leave the room and just periodically check in my browser with all three pool locations open in tabs, I'll see it connect to one of the three randomly for a minute or three and drop the connection. Sometimes it will connect and drop from the same one over and over so the shares line on the dashboard looks like a sine wave. 

It's really odd. Never seen anything like it before and am having no issues with it connecting to any other pools with that computer or any of the ASICs. I just assumed it was the DDoS at first, but I guess not.

Here are the ping results -

--- eu3.blakecoin.com ping statistics ---
10 packets transmitted, 10 packets received, 0.0% packet loss
round-trip min/avg/max/stddev = 227.933/229.692/233.099/1.705 ms

--- ny2.blakecoin.com ping statistics ---
round-trip min/avg/max/stddev = 139.336/141.582/144.696/1.521 ms

--- la1.blakecoin.com ping statistics ---
round-trip min/avg/max/stddev = 62.899/64.924/70.321/2.235 ms

I can post traceroute results too if you need them.  There's no difference between my iMac or the Xubuntu miner PC, so it's not isolated to that one machine (which also has no issues with other pools).  Weird.  Ideas?

the dashboard is not real time and not very accurate for sub 5-10GH/s its based on your submissions over past period 1-3mins

as long as you can see shares have submitted for that round it should be good, look at U:x.x/m in cgminer for shares to server, 1.3GH/s is ~ U:0.5/m and 3.16GH/s is ~ U:1.4/m as a rough guide

pings look good I agree its kind of weird  Undecided

you could try the 3.7 version maybe that will help maybe not?
https://github.com/kR105/cgminer
Activity: 558
Merit: 500

I would ping and tracert your connection to the server in command prompt see if you have any high ping latency issues

Edit:

I have all three in my config file. When I open cgminer it says it's launching then hangs for a minute or more before finally listing the names of all three servers, the worker name & password and lets me press any key or wait for it to retry.

If I leave leave the room and just periodically check in my browser with all three pool locations open in tabs, I'll see it connect to one of the three randomly for a minute or three and drop the connection. Sometimes it will connect and drop from the same one over and over so the shares line on the dashboard looks like a sine wave. 

It's really odd. Never seen anything like it before and am having no issues with it connecting to any other pools with that computer or any of the ASICs. I just assumed it was the DDoS at first, but I guess not.

Here are the ping results -

--- eu3.blakecoin.com ping statistics ---
round-trip min/avg/max/stddev = 227.933/229.692/233.099/1.705 ms

--- ny2.blakecoin.com ping statistics ---
round-trip min/avg/max/stddev = 139.336/141.582/144.696/1.521 ms

--- la1.blakecoin.com ping statistics ---
round-trip min/avg/max/stddev = 62.899/64.924/70.321/2.235 ms

I can post traceroute results too if you need them.  There's no difference between my iMac or the Xubuntu miner PC, so it's not isolated to that one machine (which also has no issues with other pools).  Weird.  Ideas?
In both of your configs you have 'eu3.blakecoin.com' added twice. The full error message should include pool number, if its pool 0 or pool 3 maybe thats the problem.
Code:

ARGHH!

(Up until today I've always used simple .bat files to launch miners, might go back to that at this rate)

You'll get that error if there is a missing  ,   after the "verbose" : true  if that is not the last entry on the conf.

Notice how all the conf lines have the  ,   at the end, except for the last one.

No, I did spot that, and added the comma. I'm not a coder but I'm not a complete moron either. I'll stick with it, learn by my errors and grow both as a miner & as a human being.
Activity: 297
Merit: 250
Code:

ARGHH!

You'll get that error if there is a missing  ,   after the "verbose" : true  if that is not the last entry on the conf.

Notice how all the conf lines have the  ,   at the end, except for the last one.

Just tried these lines on my conf file and it will not start with these in there.

Code:
"debug" : true,
"verbose" : true

Maybe those options are not supported in the version of CGMiner 3.1.1

Normally the best way to start with a new miner is to run it without any conf or bat at all and enter the pool info when prompted.

It should then start and you then hit Settings and Write to get a basic cgminer.conf

Then you can edit the cgminer.conf file adding the settings you want and restarting by clicking the cgminer.exe which will then load the cgminer.conf file.

That way you have a base .conf file to work with tweaking as you go.

Activity: 411
Activity: 297
Code:

ARGHH!

You'll get that error if there is a missing  ,   after the "verbose" : true  if that is not the last entry on the conf.

Notice how all the conf lines have the  ,   at the end, except for the last one.

Activity: 53
Merit: 0
Code:

ARGHH!

the conf overrides command line so if you do rename cgminer.conf to avoid issues

I went back to the .conf suggested by mundivalur, reduced to I=9 but the temps still maxed out. I'm back to myr-gr until the morning but I'm not giving up on merged mining yet.

- even though I've only been 'playing around' today, I have ...

1.22 Blake
1373 Photon
6 B+ &
0.23 Dirac

(when all confirmed) on the pool.

So yeah, I'll be back - even if blake-256 is much harsher on my GPUs than myr-gr
yea you have to play with the fan settings or use something like msi afterburner to control the fans, I 9-14 is the same ghs speed for me
legendary
Solutions Architect

Thank you for the info on the coins.

Are the pools still under attack or is there a mystery as to why I can't connect reliably?

Edit:

Are the pools still being attacked? I was able to connect yesterday after successfully building cgminer on my Linux box but the connection was incredibly unstable. Never stayed connected to any one of the pools for more than a minute or two and kept bouncing me back and forth between them, or I simply couldn't connect at all.  

Electricity is hideously expensive out here so I just shut it all down and gave up for the day, hoping the pools would stabilize if I left it overnight. Just tried again and I still can't connect. It tries for several minutes before timing out. I've never had so much trouble mining anything before, and I'm particularly confused given there seem to be lots of people mining without problems if the stats on the websites are correct.  Very weird.

Update: Looking at all three pools I did manage to merge mine small amounts of the different currencies, so I'd like to get wallets for the different coins but I'm not sure what they all are.  I figured out Pho is Photon, but Ƀ+ and AT are unsearchable on this forum and elsewhere because all I get is results for the letter B or any word with the letters "at", which isn't exactly informative.  Smiley

BLC = Blakecoin
PHO = Photon
B+ / BBTC = BlakeBitcoin
XDQ = Dirac

AT = AtomicTrade but its unreleased atm and not merged yet, currently only BLC+PHO+B+XDQ on Pools but AT + 3 other coins are due sometime soon = waiting on devs

Thank you for the info on the coins.

Are the pools still under attack or is there a mystery as to why I can't connect reliably?
legendary
Solutions Architect
Are the pools still being attacked? I was able to connect yesterday after successfully building cgminer on my Linux box but the connection was incredibly unstable. Never stayed connected to any one of the pools for more than a minute or two and kept bouncing me back and forth between them, or I simply couldn't connect at all.  

Electricity is hideously expensive out here so I just shut it all down and gave up for the day, hoping the pools would stabilize if I left it overnight. Just tried again and I still can't connect. It tries for several minutes before timing out. I've never had so much trouble mining anything before, and I'm particularly confused given there seem to be lots of people mining without problems if the stats on the websites are correct.  Very weird.

Update: Looking at all three pools I did manage to merge mine small amounts of the different currencies, so I'd like to get wallets for the different coins but I'm not sure what they all are.  I figured out Pho is Photon, but Ƀ+ and AT are unsearchable on this forum and elsewhere because all I get is results for the letter B or any word with the letters "at", which isn't exactly informative.  Smiley

BLC = Blakecoin
PHO = Photon
B+ / BBTC = BlakeBitcoin
XDQ = Dirac

AT = AtomicTrade but its unreleased atm and not merged yet, currently only BLC+PHO+B+XDQ on Pools but AT + 3 other coins are due sometime soon = waiting on devs

Update: Looking at all three pools I did manage to merge mine small amounts of the different currencies, so I'd like to get wallets for the different coins but I'm not sure what they all are.  I figured out Pho is Photon, but Ƀ+ and AT are unsearchable on this forum and elsewhere because all I get is results for the letter B or any word with the letters "at", which isn't exactly informative.  Smiley
legendary
Solutions Architect

I went back to the .conf suggested by mundivalur, reduced to I=9 but the temps still maxed out. I'm back to myr-gr until the morning but I'm not giving up on merged mining yet.

1.22 Blake
1373 Photon
6 B+ &
0.23 Dirac

So yeah, I'll be back - even if blake-256 is much harsher on my GPUs than myr-gr

I use a separate tool to control the fan my guess is that cgminer is setting you fan speed too low, it should not be harsher on your gpu but it may be overriding some settings for fan speed

try to either set more options for cpu fan "gpu-fan" : "30-85", or try with "auto-gpu" : true, removed

Code:

ARGHH!

the conf overrides command line so if you do rename cgminer.conf to avoid issues

1.22 Blake
1373 Photon
6 B+ &
0.23 Dirac

legendary
Activity: 964
is there something i am missing? do i have to add any values in for the second card in the .conf file
legendary
legendary
Solutions Architect
Code:

ARGHH!

legendary
im going to download it now. thanks for the tip. ill let you know if it works.
Code:

ARGHH!

Pages:
Jump to: