Pages:
Author

Topic: [ANN][BLC] Blakecoin Blake-256 for GPU/FPGA With Merged Mined Pools Stable Net - page 33. (Read 409569 times)

Activity: 130
Merit: 11

add this line: 2.0GH/s - 2.3GH/s on a AMD ATI Radeon 5970

Tested with 2x 5970 cards
First card is overclocked on 850 MHz engine and second one is on stock speed 735 MHz (OC edition)

Done

thanks for testing  Cool

will add to site and other OPs when I do next update

np man,
It's always a pleasure to contribute! Cool

anyways, I've got a question related to mining and I'm hoping you or anybody else with experience would know the answer or something.
the word is about mining with dual gpu graphic cards such as my 5970(what i'm about to ask is applicable to other dual gpu cards too like 6990, 7990, 295x2...)
(note: my mobo's chipset is 990fxa = two x16, two x4 and two x1 pci-e slots)

problem description:
As you can see in the image from my previous post I have 2 physical 5970 cards(4 utilized gpu cores) inserted in pci-e x16 slot on my mobo and my pc recognizes all 4 gpu cores and utilizes them for mining.
now, I have a fully working usb 3.0 powered pci-e riser x1 to x16, which i tried on one of my 5970's and I got this problem - pc recognizes that particular 5970 as a single core gpu card and utilizes only one gpu core whereas other gpu core remains completely idle and unused(checked it in device manager and  .
So when using this card with a riser I'm basically using the card with a half potential since only 1 out of 2 gpu cores can be used and that sucks so hard.

My question is(and I hope so hard someone has a solution for this pain):
Is there any way that I can utilize both cores on my 5970 using pci-e riser?(I tried out all lanes on my mobo and got the same result)
I heard of less popular x16 to x16 pci-e risers. has anyone tried to get them to work on them perhaps?

all suggestions are very welcome!  Smiley
legendary
Activity: 1509
Merit: 1030
Solutions Architect

First card is overclocked on 850 MHz engine and second one is on stock speed 735 MHz (OC edition)

Done

thanks for testing  Cool

will add to site and other OPs when I do next update
Activity: 130
Merit: 11

8 round Blake-256 is the fastest!

• 6.4GH/s - 6.9GH/s on a AMD Radeon R9 295X2
  • 3.3GH/s - 3.5GH/s on a AMD Radeon R9 290X
  • 2.9GH/s - 3.1GH/s on a AMD Radeon R9 290
  • 2.6GH/s - 2.8GH/s on a AMD Radeon R9 280X
  • 2.2GH/s - 2.4GH/s on a AMD Radeon R9 280
  • 1.2GH/s - 1.5GH/s on a AMD Radeon R9 270
  • 4.8GH/s - 5.1GH/s on a AMD ATI Radeon 7990
  • 2.2GH/s - 2.8GH/s on a AMD ATI Radeon 7970
  • 2.1GH/s - 2.4GH/s on a AMD ATI Radeon 7950
  • 2.6GH/s - 2.9GH/s on a AMD ATI Radeon 6990
  • 1.4GH/s - 1.5GH/s on a AMD ATI Radeon 6970
  • 1.4GH/s on a AMD ATI Radeon 6950
  • 900MH/s on a AMD ATI Radeon 6870
  • 800MH/s on a AMD ATI Radeon 6850
  • 1.3GH/s on a AMD ATI Radeon 5870
  • 1.1GH/s on a AMD ATI Radeon 5850
  • 1.6GH/s on a ZTEX USB-FPGA 1.15y Quad Spartan-6 LX150 Development Board
  • 1.5GH/s on a Enterpoint Cairnsmore 1 Quad Spartan-6 LX150 Development Board
  • 960MH/s on a Lancelot Dual Spartan-6 LX150 Development Board
  • 360MH/s on a ZTEX USB-FPGA 1.15x Spartan-6 LX150 Development Board
  • 4.1GH/s on a NVIDIA GeForce 980ti
  • 3.05GH/s on a NVIDIA GeForce 980
  • 2.63GH/s on a NVIDIA GeForce 970
  • 1.71GH/s on a NVIDIA GeForce 960
  • 930MH/s on a NVIDIA GeForce 750ti

legendary
Solutions Architect
Maintenance on Pools(will update with current progress):

starting the backups before any other work this can take a few hours and pools may be a bit sluggish while its going on  done

Edit:
working on EU3 now maybe about ~1 hour down time mostly done*

working on AT1/NY2 now maybe about ~1 hour down time mostly done*

working on LA1 now maybe about ~1 hour down time mostly done*

*mining back on just prune of data from db and any old logs which will do over next few days

any issues let me know
Activity: 274
Merit: 254
@no-ice-please thanks, and yes i used gimp how did you guess? i can't take credit for the dragon, its from some martial arts site.

@BlueDragon747 thanks for the update keep up the good work
legendary
Solutions Architect
BlakeZone Update:

5.4 beta failed testing of client project not huge but couple of packages need to be updated by their authors, will try and re validate it closer to June
5.3.4f1 and 5.3.4p2 passed testing for client project and are listed as stable no issues with packages all updated yay  Cheesy

doing some more UI and gun animation next but before that need to do some overdue maintenance on pools which I will start next day or two
Activity: 955
Merit: 500
That is some well done graphics man. Did you do that with GIMP?

Be warned there be zombies and a dragon in these woods!!
Activity: 521
Merit: 100
I am in a province in Mexico called California
legendary
Solutions Architect
anyone knows from which country the developers are coming from?

Most are from Bitcoinistan, a newly developed breakaway republic in the former Soviet bloc.

well I am from London England which has never been part of a former Soviet bloc  Roll Eyes

none of the other devs within the merged mined blake eco are from a former Soviet bloc either  Huh

I guess everything is not yet B.R.I.C as far as development goes  Grin

legendary
Solutions Architect
Blakecoin is about to reach two milestones almost at the same time!
In about one day, BLC will reach block # 400,000 and reach 10,000,000 Blakecoins minted.

The mystic in me feels that the alignment of two key numbers is a sign of good things to come in the near future Cheesy

assuming no big issues you might be right  Wink

Quote from: Richard Rohr
One wonders how far spiritual and political leaders can genuinely lead us without some degree of mystical seeing and action.

Quote from: Vincent D'Onofrio
Look, all you can do when you find your niche is go with it.
Blakecoin is about to reach two milestones almost at the same time!
In about one day, BLC will reach block # 400,000 and reach 10,000,000 Blakecoins minted.

The mystic in me feels that the alignment of two key numbers is a sign of good things to come in the near future Cheesy
legendary
Solutions Architect
wow /

spring cleaning !!

at some point next couple of weeks need to do maintenance on pools prune some of the old data(2014-2015) from DB and fresh hot wallets

will post again when I start work on them and will be starting with EU3 expect at most a 1hr downtime per pool

yep pretty much ~18GB old data on EU3 slightly less on others but still overdue for some spring cleaning  Grin
legendary
Activity: 1148
Merit: 1018
It's about time -- All merrit accepted !!!
wow /

spring cleaning !!

at some point next couple of weeks need to do maintenance on pools prune some of the old data(2014-2015) from DB and fresh hot wallets

will post again when I start work on them and will be starting with EU3 expect at most a 1hr downtime per pool
legendary
Solutions Architect

legendary
Solutions Architect
Maybe a stupid question but is there any overlap of interests or possibility of collaboration between Blakecoin and Huntercoin? Both seem to be similar in that they develop in a very low key way with no fanfare but seem to be cutting edge, looking for new ideas.

Not sure what form collaboration might take but if coins were gangs these two coins would kick some crypto ass.

Seems like the future of coins will probably involve developmental partnerships, especially in coins involving games.

no plans to collaborate with Huntercoin although you may see them as similar its very different from my point of view, none of the work they have done is useful for Blakecoin/BlakeZone and most of my work is in java, mono c# and Unity3D (true AAA game engine! support most platforms)  Cheesy

ingame wallet for BlakeZone is an option and not a huge part of the project as you can use current wallet and json to same effect it is also not effected if the Blakecoin network has an issue, also my design model is client/server(clustered), v1 was tested upto 30k CCU and due to the clustered design can scale both vertical/horizontal, v3 is only tested to 5k as it is a real pita to setup a huge 30k CCU load

*in other words following standard game design with full featured game engine and typical client/server network for each title, some stuff I am using is licenced so dont expect it to be opensource

anyways closed beta testers will see what I mean by that soon enough, best of luck to anyone doing massive scale online game its far from easy to assemble a good working pipeline that make actual game creation easy  Cool

also note most likely I will not be marketing towards the crypto community as imho it is tiny and toxic

how about vanillacoin/Vcash?
since both coin using blake's algo,and your game need an ingame wallet,may be Vcash zero-time tech could be an useful tool for that i'm not sure.
btw,i'm not a tech guy,so,what i said above is just an guessing and forgive me for if  i was saying something stupid.

I am not interested in any coin projects outside Blake Merged and if I need something like zero-time I can port it in to Blakecoin or one of the Merged coins!
or just roll out a new coin add it to the merge, change serialization and add auxpow call it Bcash or Zcash Cheesy

*wallet features, new coins etc etc none of this imho really makes use or it would have already been a killer app and same as with bitcoin core/xt/classic no reason features cant be added or rebase done but as yet I just dont see this what I see is feature chase which I also get from unity development too and it can/does waste time vs core requirements for use

*already have ingame BLC/PHO so not short of wallets and very few things are done in mono c# wallet wise so makes little difference and would end up doing same as what I am doing now via json and the Blakecoin/Photon wallet, shops on BlakeZone and BlakeCrypto are running at 1 conf which could be network wide if needed

vanillacoin/Vcash devs have no plans to work with Blakecoin its plain to see else we would have merged mined or at least they might have contacted me or one of the other blake eco devs  Undecided

They switched to 8 round Blake256 because they could not get more efficient(hash/watt) with whirlpool on both FPGA/GPU which is what I had been saying for years  Roll Eyes

*they are serialized differently but with a hardfork could change to merge mine but they wont do that while they are perceived to be worth more  

also note that the supply for a lot of alts dries up which may be great as an investment but for something like a long term game currency it does not work imho
Activity: 654
Merit: 500
Maybe a stupid question but is there any overlap of interests or possibility of collaboration between Blakecoin and Huntercoin? Both seem to be similar in that they develop in a very low key way with no fanfare but seem to be cutting edge, looking for new ideas.

Not sure what form collaboration might take but if coins were gangs these two coins would kick some crypto ass.

Seems like the future of coins will probably involve developmental partnerships, especially in coins involving games.

no plans to collaborate with Huntercoin although you may see them as similar its very different from my point of view, none of the work they have done is useful for Blakecoin/BlakeZone and most of my work is in java, mono c# and Unity3D (true AAA game engine! support most platforms)  Cheesy

ingame wallet for BlakeZone is an option and not a huge part of the project as you can use current wallet and json to same effect it is also not effected if the Blakecoin network has an issue, also my design model is client/server(clustered), v1 was tested upto 30k CCU and due to the clustered design can scale both vertical/horizontal, v3 is only tested to 5k as it is a real pita to setup a huge 30k CCU load

*in other words following standard game design with full featured game engine and typical client/server network for each title, some stuff I am using is licenced so dont expect it to be opensource

anyways closed beta testers will see what I mean by that soon enough, best of luck to anyone doing massive scale online game its far from easy to assemble a good working pipeline that make actual game creation easy  Cool

also note most likely I will not be marketing towards the crypto community as imho it is tiny and toxic

how about vanillacoin/Vcash?
since both coin using blake's algo,and your game need an ingame wallet,may be Vcash zero-time tech could be an useful tool for that i'm not sure.
btw,i'm not a tech guy,so,what i said above is just an guessing and forgive me for if  i was saying something stupid.
legendary
Solutions Architect

ingame wallet for BlakeZone is an option and not a huge part of the project as you can use current wallet and json to same effect it is also not effected if the Blakecoin network has an issue as account balance will still be usable, also the framework design model is client/server(clustered), v1 was tested upto 30k CCU and due to the clustered design can scale both vertical/horizontal, v3 is only tested to 5k as it is a real pita to setup a huge 30k CCU load

*been lucky with people who like/support Blakecoin great bunch but also had some run ins with others who would only be to happy to crush your dreams/hard work while laughing at you from several sockpuppets Cry
Activity: 938
Merit: 1000
Crypto-missionary to the Kingdom of Rhegged
Thank you for the update on BlakeZone, BD Grin
Good points - like they say, if its not broken don't fix it. It makes sense that new features take a back seat to game dev. Although wallet update would be cool, and I would like to see some sort of stealth address technique implemented, neither are necessary and I'm MUCH MORE eager to see Blakezone launch Cheesy Just trying to determine in what ways I can help keep the Blake Community active while you are preoccupied with Blakezone. I was hoping you might have suggestions what us community members could work on if we want to contribute back.
Pages:
Jump to: