Pages:
Author

Topic: [ANN][BLC] Blakecoin Blake-256 for GPU/FPGA With Merged Mined Pools Stable Net - page 32. (Read 409569 times)

Activity: 723
Merit: 501
you dont get kicked off of cryptopia unless there are no nodes or the coin forked to hell really badly and  dude i know i have been there since dec of 2014 and i will have your back.  Come over and see
legendary
Activity: 1509
Merit: 1030
Solutions Architect
Hey thankyou BlueDragon747 for the answer.   I just wanted to know.  i am going to be mining the blakecoins for a few days and i really want to understand the community better.   Most wallets are on cryptopia vote list and umo is already listed.   I have been trying for months to get it listed on cryptopia but no community help in the voteing.   I cant vote any coin in myself.    I can only try but i love the blakecoin merged mined coins and they all need to get on a standard trading site. not just a couple of them. thankyou for your time stinger

problem with getting rest of the merge on more exchanges is volume in trade per day and I cant see that changing until the use case starts and demand increases else it will just be slow dumping of mined coins with many exchange operators asking for the dev(s) to take up any slack which does cost  Cry

I get more work done when it is quiet and have been making good(but slow) progress with the v3 framework on game side  Cool

spoken with the other devs and we do plan to rebase the merged coins wallets before end of year adding new features etc

legendary
Activity: 3486
Merit: 1126
but zpool doesnt have the other 5 coins that is why i ask

the other coins aren't on an exchange that I use so are not enabled on zpool.
just before release literally about 1 day I was given final source for Dirac which at that time it was horribly broken so quickly fixed all the error regen merkle(all nighter) and it was on the pools for release but Bryce(dev) did not run nodes or do any work he just caused issues and drama, me and other of devs talked about it and decided not to carry/maintain that coin and it was dropped ~4-5 months after release

I think it did avoid more issues as he was trying to setup some type of err scheme and saying it was key part of that plan which sounded much like a P&D, he does still claim to be the dev so left no room for a community take over it will not be rejoining my pools and I personally will not work with it ever again

all my work that was done was free including running nodes I never asked or expected any type of payment from Bryce

but my clauses for any coin joining the merge are simple  

1. work together no infighting
2. no scam/schemes
3. contribute to the network(s)

what I got from it was stress, more costs, insults, and accusations that I was not telling the truth when I blew the whistle on what he was doing behind the scenes

you can still setup your own private merge mine pool and mine whatever you want see here

Hey thankyou BlueDragon747 for the answer.   I just wanted to know.  i am going to be mining the blakecoins for a few days and i really want to understand the community better.   Most wallets are on cryptopia vote list and umo is already listed.   I have been trying for months to get it listed on cryptopia but no community help in the voteing.   I cant vote any coin in myself.    I can only try but i love the blakecoin merged mined coins and they all need to get on a standard trading site. not just a couple of them. thankyou for your time stinger
legendary
Solutions Architect
just before release literally about 1 day I was given final source for Dirac which at that time it was horribly broken so quickly fixed all the errors regen merkle(all nighter) and it was on the pools for release but Bryce(dev) did not run nodes or do any work he just caused issues and drama, me and other of devs talked about it and decided not to carry/maintain that coin and it was dropped ~4-5 months after release

I think it did avoid more issues as he was trying to setup some type of err scheme and saying it was key part of that plan which sounded much like a P&D, he does still claim to be the dev so left no room for a community take over it will not be rejoining my pools and I personally will not work with it ever again!  Undecided

all my work that was done was free including running nodes I never asked or expected any type of payment from Bryce

but my clauses for any coin joining the merge are simple  

1. work together no infighting
2. no scam/schemes
3. contribute to the network(s)

what I got from it was stress, more costs, insults, and accusations that I was not telling the truth when I blew the whistle on what he was doing behind the scenes

you can still setup your own private merge mine pool and mine whatever you want see here
thankyou just asking been playing on here since dec 2013 and its been over a year but i am back mining on BlueDragon747 pool again  and i dont recall that coin being on that pool back then either    but thanks guy for the answer
Activity: 574
Merit: 500
Yup, Bryce was in a league of his own.
legendary
Activity: 1470
Merit: 1001
Use Coinbase Account almosanywhere with Shift card
i just wanted to know why the mergepools dont include diraccoin

zpool does
It did at one time. if you search this thread back a while you can see why. It's social/political not technical. While I am not connected to any of it other than a long time miner it seemed right to me that it be dropped.
but zpool doesnt have the other 5 coins that is why i ask
Activity: 742
Merit: 505

zpool does
legendary
Solutions Architect
the merge mining is still working great on pools, no known network issues on any of the merge mined Blake eco coins

the main use is the MMO games that are being worked on like BlakeZone

I still run pools/nodes and take up any slack on minimum volume and will continue to maintain good service short/mid/long term

development is still ongoing but for me is mostly focused on game stuff(Unity3d+Custom MMO Framework) as it is the main use case, why? see my post here

Current Game Dev:
what I have been working with/testing this past week or so new input system this is only on a dev branch and not yet merged into main client *because it may break stuff hence the testing!  Shocked
Activity: 227
Merit: 260
is this coin still even alive ?
what is it for ?
legendary
Solutions Architect
What's going on at bittrex? Every day I see virtual trader who buy about 55-65k BLC.

Bittrex requires minimum volume of 0.2 BTC per day!
Activity: 246
Merit: 250
What's going on at bittrex? Every day I see virtual trader who buy about 55-65k BLC.
legendary
Solutions Architect
Activity: 130
Merit: 11
to run 4 5970's i 'think' you need 'powered' riser wires / assuming you know what i mean here .....

does the board you are trying to plug these multiple gpu's in have .....how many inputs Huh

i.e. what model is it, post a pic with the stats.... i assume running an older version of win x

guys, guys, I really appreciate your interest to help me Smiley

but I see some of you don't fully get my situation.
just to clarify one thing. I do not have 4 physical 5970 cards.
I have 2 physical 5970 cards, and since a single 5970 card is a dual gpu card that means I have 4 cores altogether!( 1x 5970 = 2x gpu cores => 2x 5970 = 4x gpu cores)
as you can see 4 gpu cores doesn't necessarily always mean 4 graphic cards. most graphic cards out there in the market are single core, 5970 happens to be one of the rare ones to be dual core, among some other rare few...(such as 6990, 7990, 295x2...)

next...
one particular reason why I don't believe my drivers are problematic is that...you see... 5970 is as of now...fairly old card(2009 - but still has a good kick in terms of hash power for it's age)
and as some of you may or may not know amd stopped releasing new drivers for these 5xxx models, the newest crimson drivers are not intended for 5970(they are intended for new generation gpus such as 2xx, 3xx and newer...) so I've got the last best working catalyst driver for this older card, it just so happens to be CCC 15.7.1 that I have(preferred driver for this card) note that I have win7.

I managed to find few people on some forums having this kind of problem I'm facing but never got the clear answer, most of them doubted it's the problem in 1x to 16x risers not having the ability to detect both cores on dual core graphic cards but only one core, unlike 16x to 16x riser which could do that!(you see now that this is not the problem at all for most graphic cards which are single core, only dual core cards face this kind of problem hence not many people discuss or know this)
also I don't know how much truth is there because I haven't had the chance to try 16x to 16x risers nor I have any specific proof from other people, all I know is what i gathered from other people's posts

to answer your question cinnamon_carter I have 6 pci-e slots 2x x16, 2x x4 and 2x x1 pci-e slots, theoretically that's 6x physical cards connected at once (this mobo officially supports 4 cards - 990fxa chipset look it up)

I dunno if you ever had experience with dual gpu cards but let me tell you head on they can be tricky to deal with unlike single gpu cards...
legendary
Activity: 1148
Merit: 1018
It's about time -- All merrit accepted !!!
to run 4 5970's i 'think' you need 'powered' riser wires / assuming you know what i mean here .....

does the board you are trying to plug these multiple gpu's in have .....how many inputs Huh

i.e. what model is it, post a pic with the stats.... i assume running an older version of win x
Activity: 274
Merit: 254
I agree its probably driver issue. Search for if there is a preferred driver version for your card. Also try different operating system if nothing else helps. Also possible a mobo bios update might help
legendary
Solutions Architect

add this line: 2.0GH/s - 2.3GH/s on a AMD ATI Radeon 5970

Tested with 2x 5970 cards
First card is overclocked on 850 MHz engine and second one is on stock speed 735 MHz (OC edition)

Done

thanks for testing  Cool

will add to site and other OPs when I do next update

np man,
It's always a pleasure to contribute! Cool

anyways, I've got a question related to mining and I'm hoping you or anybody else with experience would know the answer or something.
the word is about mining with dual gpu graphic cards such as my 5970(what i'm about to ask is applicable to other dual gpu cards too like 6990, 7990, 295x2...)
(note: my mobo's chipset is 990fxa = two x16, two x4 and one x1 pci-e slot)

problem description:
As you can see in the image from my previous post I have 2 physical 5970 cards(4 utilized gpu cores) inserted in pci-e x16 slot on my mobo and my pc recognizes all 4 gpu cores and utilizes them for mining.
now, I have a fully working usb 3.0 powered pci-e riser x1 to x16, which i tried on one of my 5970's and I got this problem - pc recognizes that particular 5970 as a single core gpu card and utilizes only one gpu core whereas other gpu core remains completely idle and unused(checked it in device manager and  .
So when using this card with a riser I'm basically using the card with a half potential since only 1 out of 2 gpu cores can be used and that sucks so hard.

My question is(and I hope so hard someone has a solution for this pain):
Is there any way that I can utilize both cores on my 5970 using pci-e riser?(I tried out all lanes on my mobo and got the same result)
I heard of less popular x16 to x16 pci-e risers. has anyone tried to get them to work on them perhaps?

all suggestions are very welcome!  Smiley

sounds like a driver issue rather than a pcie issue due to all the unused audio/dp/hdmi etc taking up resources? some people get similar with 4-8 gpu mining rigs, might want to check out modded drivers https://bitcointalksearch.org/topic/7xgpu-windows-modding-amd-video-driver-is-the-answer-712228

"usb 3.0 powered pci-e riser x1 to x16" these are best for most gpu miners using multi cards the older 1x-16x/16x-16x ribbon cables just not as good from my own experience but ymmv
Pages:
Jump to: