Pages:
Author

Topic: [ANN][BLC] Blakecoin Blake-256 for GPU/FPGA With Merged Mined Pools Stable Net - page 55. (Read 409571 times)

legendary
Activity: 1509
Merit: 1030
Solutions Architect
If having active development in a "open source software project" means nothing to you please feel free to move on  Shocked

Are you saying the game is open source, or did I misunderstand you?

you misunderstand, game client is not open source due to licencing *Current licence for some of the content only allows it to be used in built games and not for distribution as source, if you wanted those rights estimate it would cost about £100k+ extra

there is no current plans to open source the server side MMO framework

it would be nice but is just not practical   Undecided

Also note that the games will follow the same type of Agile/Continuous development that the open source projects like BlakeCoin follow which fits perfectly to MMO games e.g new content will continuously be added, feedback from the gamers is also important for dealing with bugs, glitches and balance  

Games once in open beta will be free to play although some stuff will only be available though the shop paid for by Blake256 crypto currency
Activity: 521
Merit: 100
Hello Blake community members!

I want to announce that the electron coin Twitter tip bot is ready for open beta!  If you're interested, please check out http://electron.tips for information. 

Special thanks to Blue, Cinnamon, and John Villar for help with the closed beta.

Some features:
1. Send coins to up to 8 recipients with a simple tweet.
2. Fully featured with customizable settings.
3. MassTips function to automatically tip users for retweets, following, members of a list, or all of your followers.
4. Integration with BlakeTrader.com allows you to fund your account with BLC, BBTC, PHO, LITH, UMO, DOGE, LTC, and PPC.  You can also withdraw your balance to these coins.

There will be lots of promotions and giveaways coming. 

If you would like to try it out, follow @electronTips and the tip bot will send you 500 electrons (as a part of the MassTips functionality TipNewFollowers).

then to tip:
"@tipElectron tip NumberAmount @userToTip"

I don't want to spam too much here so please see website for more info.  @tipElectron is the actual tip bot.  I will be corresponding using the @electronTips account.

Cheers!

Artie
Dev for Electron, BlakeTrader, and @tipElectron
legendary
Activity: 1274
Merit: 1000
I would prefer to have less "profit" and be doing what I enjoy over, earning more "profit" and doing stuff that I don't enjoy or stuff that I feel is a waste of my time/life!!!

As would most of us, I think. Unfortunately it's easier said than done. Smiley

Being able to earn profit while doing stuff that you enjoy, now that's the holy grail.

If you don't like move on simple  Cheesy

Why do you keep saying stuff like that? I do like BLC, and you, that's why I'm here, and why I'm talking to you.

If you'd rather get back to work, please, by all means, stop replying to me. Smiley

LOL...FUD in the BLC thread.

That's just downright hilarious!

You're my boy blue!
Activity: 521
Merit: 100
getting back to work on game stuff this is not moving stuff ahead its just wasting my time on "profit" talk  Undecided

I would prefer to have less "profit" and be doing what I enjoy over, earning more "profit" and doing stuff that I don't enjoy or stuff that I feel is a waste of my time/life!!!

ahhh...all too true
legendary
Solutions Architect
getting back to work on game stuff this is not moving stuff ahead its just wasting my time on "profit" talk  Undecided

legendary
Solutions Architect
thinking "profits" from open source projects pay for my food is silly  Cheesy

I never said the profits were from open source projects.

BLC is an open source project and I support it thats a fact!

When I work in the city I exchange hard work and skill for pound sterling its not exactly profit

Hopefully one day BLC will be funded by itself rather then yourself. Smiley

maybe, not in any rush happy with things atm

I don't feel like I wasted my time with BLC unlike some of the dev ops work have done here in London while it pays its not getting where I want to be going, that why I don't mind funding BLC or BlakeZone its more of what I want out of life than just about money "profit"!!  
legendary
Solutions Architect
without constant development and support from the "software developers" most coins die

And without money from profits to pay for food, most software developers die.

It's a symbiotic relationship. Smiley

my funding is not from open source projects like BLC  Cheesy

But it is from profits, either your own or those of others.

the pools would not even pay for themselves if I based it on current market price or was dumping to pay for costs so best think again at my motives  Roll Eyes

I set a budget for the BLC project at the start and still have in my estimations about 2 1/2 years left at current expenditure

If I had to guess I'd guess that your motive is that you enjoy making games. But I don't particularly care about your motives, especially if you are adequately funded as you claim to be.

BlakeZone is also self funded and that has cost me far more than what I have spent on BLC

Sad that's too bad

thinking "profits" from open source projects pay for my food is silly  Cheesy

its all self funded as I hold a degree in computer network management and work in London city(dev ops) when choose to take a contract atm no need been full time working on game stuff since August last year

I am not rich or poor and yes I do have bills to pay but also have savings from past work lucky for me work pays well here in London although living cost are quite high
legendary
Solutions Architect
without constant development and support from the "software developers" most coins die

And without money from profits to pay for food, most software developers die.

It's a symbiotic relationship. Smiley

my funding is not from open source projects like BLC  Cheesy

the pools would not even pay for themselves if I based it on current market price or was dumping to pay for costs so best think again at my motives  Roll Eyes

I set a budget for the BLC project at the start and still have in my estimations about 2 1/2 years left at current expenditure

BlakeZone is also self funded and that has cost me far more than what I have spent on BLC

Note: I do also buy BLC although I do limit how much I spend on a monthly basis, can also find me mining ~30GH/s on my own pools  Grin

legendary
Solutions Architect
Yes, the first two times coins were lost was not due to a hack.

As far as what BLC "is for," if there's a document somewhere that says what I'm allowed to use it for please feel free to direct me to it, and if trading isn't on that list, then why is it listed on exchanges?

I do like what's being done, and I'm not forcing you to focus on profit or trading. That said, someone has to do it. We can't all be software developers.

you can trade in an open market its not an issue just don't expect me to be spending time helping you get rich/poor due to trading

without constant development and support from the "software developers" most coins die I have been doing open public development on BLC since 6th October 2013 be happy I am still as keen to work on it and still am working on it many other coin devs are not as good as this as I am sure you are aware

still plan to be working on BLC over next few years have no intention of giving up or disappearing

If having active development in a "open source software project" means nothing to you please feel free to move on  Shocked

there is no end to SDLC!
legendary
Solutions Architect
"lose coins" due to db or hd failure is not a hack as far as I am aware its more of an issue with backup strategy or lack of, and maybe trust placed in an untrustworthy provide (M$)

price, volume, liquidity none of these really effect development or planed use  Roll Eyes

too many coins are just for trading or as a replacement for BTC

BLC is not a replacement BTC or just for trading it has use within our systems maybe you don't get that -.-  

closed beta for BlakeZone start 15th May, open beta towards end of year/early next year BLC/PHO are already used in game for Premium Items/Ammo other merged coins will follow once they have been found a unique use case and bugs have been ironed out of the system with BLC/PHO

if you don't like whats being done or understand why then please just move on, no need to take my time away from doing development

Profit/trading is not a focus for my time its an open market and use will be a driving force imho
legendary
Solutions Architect
So when Atomic Trade finally announces that it has been hacked, is that good or bad for BLC?

Maybe if the BLC is used to pay for the losses from the other coins then it's temporarily bad?

What's the best angle to trade this?

"Atomic Trade" was never hacked the exchange is now Banx.io no idea whats going on I am quite sure its not a hack but I dont run the exchange Byron does, last I heard from him was that he was due to release some new features that he has been working on I dont see the need to panic, pay for losses hmm nope not sure why I would do that  Huh

the other exchanges that BLC is on are still working fine again though I dont run them and have no intention of paying for anyone's losses, its like asking the Bitcoin devs to pay for MtGox losses makes no sense  Shocked  

BLC is to be used for the MMO games that are in development in case your not aware  Roll Eyes
https://youtu.be/3YPMtm02aag

there is no angle here its straight up development and use!!!

if you don't get it fine go trade the most "profitable" coin you can find, not interested in making fake promises, shilling or BS

Edit:
going back to work on game stuff please keep the drama off this thread thanks  Cheesy
legendary
Solutions Architect
Blakecoin 0.8.9.4 QT released
https://github.com/BlueDragon747/Blakecoin/releases

its a minor update fixed some text and updated openssl to 1.0.2a so imho its non mandatory  Cheesy

Seems to be working fine on Win 10 build 10049

cool thanks for letting me know mogrith  Cool

www.banx.io is to long down. Do you know somebody, when it`s going back?

no idea sorry  Undecided
Activity: 311
Merit: 250
www.banx.io is to long down. Do you know somebody, when it`s going back?
legendary
Activity: 1470
Merit: 1001
Use Coinbase Account almosanywhere with Shift card

its a minor update fixed some text and updated openssl to 1.0.2a so imho its non mandatory  Cheesy

Seems to be working fine on Win 10 build 10049
legendary
Solutions Architect

its a minor update fixed some text and updated openssl to 1.0.2a so imho its non mandatory  Cheesy
legendary
Solutions Architect
EU3 down again.

working on it its a provider fault they are just dealing with the ticket now

Edit:
yay they fixed it pretty quick for a Sunday  Smiley

provider vague details: just said it was an error on the node and it was fixed now Huh

oh well wallets syncing now

Edit2:
back online
Activity: 574
Merit: 500
legendary
Solutions Architect
It looks like it helped Smiley

Excellent  Grin

thanks for letting me know  Wink