Pages:
Author

Topic: [ANN][BLC] Blakecoin Blake-256 for GPU/FPGA With Merged Mined Pools Stable Net - page 54. (Read 409571 times)

legendary
Activity: 1509
Merit: 1030
Solutions Architect
EU3 is down again just working on it now should be back up in about 15mins

Edit:
Back Online  Smiley
Activity: 521
Merit: 100
Sorry for the spam.

Doing a little giveaway to help promote the tip bot: https://cryptocointalk.com/topic/37027-tipelectron-electron-coin-giveaway/

If you are interested in trying it out, send me a tweet @electronTips and I will send some coins your way. 

Added new features such as account balance and transaction history from your accounts page on the website.  Also, MassTips can now restrict tipping to users with minimum number of followers, minimum number of tweets, how long the user has been inactive, and how long the account has been established. 

Thanks.

Artie
http://electron.tips
legendary
Solutions Architect
EU3 and NY2 not responding.

ok working on it NY2 seems ok and EU3 is syncing now

Edit:
back online
Activity: 574
Merit: 500
EU3 and NY2 not responding.
Agree. Banx and Byron deserve credit for halting the attack hopefully without any significant damages.

The crypto scene reminds me of the old US wild wild west where it is crazy but where a new frontier is being discovered. Looks just like a movie western lol
Activity: 725
Merit: 503
legendary
Solutions Architect
Is there any overview of the different reward algos for blake-256 coins?

How much in/deflation they are programmed to cause.

I think a saw elecron opting for more deflation recently?

Seems only ELT and BLC are worth something?

Couldn't find BBTC or UMO on coinmarketcap and PHO and LIT where way down there.

overview of the merged coins: https://blakecoin.org/merged-mining

for market cap they should be on: www.cryptocoinrank.com
Activity: 725
Merit: 503
Is there any overview of the different reward algos for blake-256 coins?

How much in/deflation they are programmed to cause.

I think a saw elecron opting for more deflation recently?

Seems only ELT and BLC are worth something?

Couldn't find BBTC or UMO on coinmarketcap and PHO and LIT where way down there.
legendary
Activity: 1064
Merit: 1000
Concerning the CCE explorer at: blc.cryptocoinexplorer.com

The new database loader has been patched into all the explorers and restart tests were done over the last few days.

I know it appears that CCE 4 is taking a long time in development, but I want to make sure that everything is running as good as possible and future improvements will not involve the amount of rewriting I am doing from 3.5 to 4.0. It took a couple of months to decide the final structure of the database loader for 4.0. The database loader is only half the equation, the web server is now the development focus and the part that will tested in the in public beta. I guess if one good thing came out of the retro fitting of 4.0, it is that the database loader code will be well tested even before the live beta.

I have decided to release a base version of the  database loader for 4.0 as open source. I have been taking time with the database loader (and its associated modules) to make it open source friendly.
This will most likely be released at the same time CCE 4 is deployed to take advantage of the PR opportunity. I think people might be surprised at how small the modules are for the loader, but it has always been one of my goals to create explorer code as lite as possible in both length and resources. There are 4 modules that make up the database loader and combined are just shy of 800 lines. I still have more to do with the statistics module, but what will be released in the open source version is there. The CCE 3.5 web server, which is the base of writing the CCE 4.0 web server, is composed of two modules and combined is a bit over 800 lines.

There are so many options being added to CCE 4 that most likely it will be offered in a tiered format. From very basic free explorers (text like with only a couple, if any, API commands) with advertisement type funding to a top tier with things like blockchain downloads updated weekly, coin client downloads, user accounts, advanced API features for statistics and "lite" clients , user and developer explorer customizations, coin website hosting and much more. Much of this is covered in https://bitcointalksearch.org/topic/cryptocoin-explorer-version-40-development-announcement-922521
Once a larger chunk of the new features is finalized, I will  post them in the CCE 4.0 thread. Please offer any ideas for features you might want in that thread.

The point is, CCE 4 is going to be a different beast from CCE 3.5. It is turning out to be a complete rewrite. I believe in the end, it will be worth the wait.
Activity: 938
Crypto-missionary to the Kingdom of Rhegged
....I think he deserves credit for that. ......

Totally agree, and well said CC Grin
legendary
Activity: 1148
Merit: 1018
It's about time -- All merrit accepted !!!
Sounds straight up to me. They noticed unusual activity and did the smart thing and pulled back and circled the wagons to evaluate.
After things looked ok they brought the site back up. 
Exchanges are always going to be targets for attackers just as banks are always targets in our citites for crooks.

I doubt any exchange has not had multiple attempts at someone hacking them.  Some may have covered it up. Others were taken out.
This has been going on for years long before Mt. Gox and even before the boom of the alt coin scene when bitcoin was still having growing pains back in 2012 and will continue to go on.

Byron seems to have a smart enough head on his shoulders on how to handle things .... otherwise he would not have got this far.
I think he deserves credit for that.

Nothing is ever 100% perfect but just like different attacks have been attempted at the merged pools and blockchains of the blake 256 system we use these events as sometimes annoying but necessary learning experiences.  If your code cannot stand up to all the crazies in the world who want to try to destroy things cryptocurrency is not something you should be developing or involved with.

One thing it took me years to learn is it is a lot harder to code things that can handle a few scrapes than it is to just poke around to try to destroy the work others have built.  There are better hacking tools available today than ever before so I think Banx io should be blown a kiss for not being over confident and most importantly ..... For watching their exchange all the time !!

I wish I could monitor the pools/coin network 24/7 but one person cannot do it.  I do keep as close an eye on things as possible and so do other team members. Paying attention is important !! 

I have not communicated with Byron or anyone at Banxio about this incident or these statements.  You are reading my own observations and opinions based on  a lot of hard learned experience. Unless you have facts or proof that the statement they released is incorrect in any way please let's not stip up unfounded rumors and speculation.

We now return to your regularly scheduled program. 

Activity: 311
Merit: 250
Edit: BTW Banx.io is back online and as I thought was not hacked  Cheesy

You still think it wasn't hacked?
Explanations:

https://bitcointalksearch.org/topic/m.11093463
legendary
Solutions Architect
EU3 down?

yep working on it atm

Edit:
its back online but still trying to block the DDoS it may go down again  Undecided

Edit2:
yep its down again  Cry

Edit3:
think I got them all just waiting on wallets to sync

online again will monitor over next few hours
So, similar to how things work in Elite:Dangerous then?

@Artie
-LUVVIN' the tipbot so far!

Big congratz Grin

its not a new concept to be having a micro-transaction based economy in an MMO in fact I would say its standard for F2P games now

whats unique is the use for a crypto in place of the fiat/custom currency for item costs, some boss drops, unique finds and competitions will include coins plus you can still mine it

I know some other games like eve let you mine the currency but often with most of the MMO games trading the currency is a grey area here its an open market as the currencies are standalone

Later on: have planed to have items/pets/weapons level as well as your character so things become unique and eventually tradable themselves  Cheesy  

@Artie
yeah nice job on tipbot and I do love the site looks great  Cool

Thanks! Smiley
legendary
Solutions Architect
If having active development in a "open source software project" means nothing to you please feel free to move on  Shocked

Are you saying the game is open source, or did I misunderstand you?

you misunderstand, game client is not open source due to licencing

So what are you talking about "open source software project" for then?

Blakecoin and other projects that are on my Github are all "open source software project" I also contribute to other projects via Github too  Roll Eyes

active to me means: they are updated, bugs are worked on and new features are added

Note: this thread is for an "open source software project" and is active as you can see from either my replies or Github commits

Edit: BTW Banx.io is back online and as I thought was not hacked  Cheesy
legendary
Solutions Architect

@Artie

Big congratz Grin

its not a new concept to be having a micro-transaction based economy in an MMO in fact I would say its standard for F2P games now

whats unique is the use for a crypto in place of the fiat/custom currency for item costs, some boss drops, unique finds and competitions will include coins plus you can still mine it

I know some other games like eve let you mine the currency but often with most of the MMO games trading the currency is a grey area here its an open market as the currencies are standalone

Later on: have planed to have items/pets/weapons level as well as your character so things become unique and eventually tradable themselves  Cheesy  

@Artie
yeah nice job on tipbot and I do love the site looks great  Cool

@Artie

Big congratz Grin

Thanks!  Looking good so far.  Engines are on.  No major leaks.  Hope to clear the tower soon =)
Activity: 938
Crypto-missionary to the Kingdom of Rhegged

@Artie

Big congratz Grin
Pages:
Jump to: