Pages:
Author

Topic: [ANN][BLC] Blakecoin Blake-256 for GPU/FPGA With Merged Mined Pools Stable Net - page 71. (Read 409571 times)

Activity: 274
Merit: 254
i think if its not an encrypted wallet.dat then you could open it in a hex editor and search for the private keys, but this is not exactly easy, though i do recall seeing a short tutorial somewhere. hope it wasnt a lot of blc lost  Cry
Mek
Activity: 72
Merit: 6
mtc.mekweb.eu - mega transistor clock
what does it say in the debug.log?
This:
2014-10-11 18:26:56

2014-10-11 18:26:56 Blakecoin version v0.8.9.0-g8c5e74e-beta ($Format:%cD)
2014-10-11 18:26:56 Using OpenSSL version OpenSSL 1.0.1g 7 Apr 2014
2014-10-11 18:26:56 Default data directory C:\Users\Mek\AppData\Roaming\Blakecoin
2014-10-11 18:26:56 Using data directory C:\Users\Mek\AppData\Roaming\Blakecoin
2014-10-11 18:26:56 Using at most 125 connections (2048 file descriptors available)
2014-10-11 18:26:56 Using 8 threads for script verification
2014-10-11 18:26:56 init message: Verifying wallet...
2014-10-11 18:26:56 dbenv.open LogDir=C:\Users\Mek\AppData\Roaming\Blakecoin\database ErrorFile=C:\Users\Mek\AppData\Roaming\Blakecoin\db.log
2014-10-11 18:26:56 Renamed wallet.dat to wallet.1413052016.bak
2014-10-11 18:26:56 Error: Salvage found errors, all data may not be recoverable.
2014-10-11 18:26:56 Salvage(aggressive) found no records in wallet.1413052016.bak.
2014-10-11 18:26:56 Shutdown : In progress...
2014-10-11 18:26:56 Flush(false)
2014-10-11 18:26:56 DBFlush(false) ended               0ms
2014-10-11 18:26:56 StopNode()
2014-10-11 18:26:56 Flushed 0 addresses to peers.dat  5ms
2014-10-11 18:26:56 Flush(true)
2014-10-11 18:26:56 DBFlush(true) ended               0ms
2014-10-11 18:26:56 Shutdown : done
Good point to look in debug log. No records in wallet, hmm, how is that possible? Is this the end of the story? Sad
Activity: 938
Merit: 1000
Crypto-missionary to the Kingdom of Rhegged
Thank you, yes it does  Grin

... and I hope it helps others too!

All my trades have now completed successfully - I won't even try to pretend that I'm not spending the proceeds on increasing my Zeitcoin holdings Wink
Activity: 521
Merit: 100
Couple of noobish Qs about BlakeTrader...

1) Do we only have to register a destination addy once, i.e. after the first time can deposits be sent straight from the wallet without using the conversion link/captcha again?

Yes.  The destination addy that you registered is stored in our database and can be re-used indefinitely.  You can send future trades to that address without having to register again.

2) After sending a maximum amount for exchange, how long must one wait before sending another one? i.e. Must one wait until the exchange has been completed & confirmed at the wallet before sending another or can it be done 'close to' immediately after the first one has been sent?

Cheers Grin

You can send another trade immediately after you have sent a maximum amount.  If you send over the maximum amount, it will be rejected by our servers.  

For example, the maximum per trade for BLC is 1,000 BLC per trade.

Send 2,000 BLC, the trade will be rejected.

But you can send 1,000 BLC, then immediately send another 1,000 BLC.  The trades will be processed serially.  However, the rates for the trades are updated continuously based on the rates on the exchanges as well as the amount of currency available.  So your 2nd trade may have slightly different rates.

I hope this explanation helps!  Wink
Couple of noobish Qs about BlakeTrader...

1) Do we only have to register a destination addy once, i.e. after the first time can deposits be sent straight from the wallet without using the conversion link/captcha again?

2) After sending a maximum amount for exchange, how long must one wait before sending another one? i.e. Must one wait until the exchange has been completed & confirmed at the wallet before sending another or can it be done 'close to' immediately after the first one has been sent?

Cheers Grin
legendary
Activity: 1509
Merit: 1030
Solutions Architect
Thanks for your posts, guys.
-salvagewallet option

this will move any existing wallet.dat to wallet.[timestamp].dat and then attempts to salvage public/private keys and master encryption keys (if the wallet is encrypted) into a new wallet.dat. Once you have your keys in place you can import them into a fresh copy of blakecoin and recover your balance e.g backup the data folder and put the new wallet.dat into it and rescan/download the whole blockchain from scratch

had same issue with other coin wallets it does not salvage the wallet unless you force it even though it says salvage failed

you should only need to run the -salvagewallet option once to get a new working wallet.dat with your keys!
When I run Blakecoin-qt with the -salvagewallet option, all it does is renaming the wallet to the .bak file and exiting immediately (I can see the splash screen for split second). It does not create a new wallet.dat file or anything. I used WinMerge to compare the .bak file and the original corrupted wallet.dat file and they are exactly the same.
I tried running Blakecoin-qt -salvagewallet again but with no change.
Then, when I removed the -salvagewallet option and ran Blakecoin-qt without arguments, it created a fresh new wallet.dat, with 0 BLC of course (because it could not find wallet.dat).

is your wallet.dat encrypted? that might prevent the salvage option from working (not sure). if BD's suggestion doesnt work, try this: make sure you backup the wallet.dat, and then delete everything else in your blakecoin data directory (its in ~/.blakecoin/ on linux, not sure of windows). doing this will cause the wallet to re-download the blockchain, so your balance will fluctuate until it reaches the current block.
No, it's not encrypted. But I will try redownloading the blockchain as you suggested when I have time.

Here is a guide to recovering or repairing a corrupt wallet I wrote a while ago , it has helped a lot of people fix their wallets

Quick Surefire Guide - How to rebuild a qt wallet if you lost your coins - Step by Step Instructions

https://cryptocointalk.com/topic/13377-quick-surefire-guide-how-to-rebuild-a-qt-wallet-if-you-lost-your-coins-step-by-step-instructions/

edit one--- if you fixed it bluedragons way (which is what I would try first) make sure you run the qt with the -rescan option if you are still missing coins.
If I understand correctly, using this guide, I need to be able to open Blakecoin-qt with the corrupted wallet but I cannot because it only displays "Wallet corrupt, salvage failed" and then exits immediately. So I cannot access transaction log or export any keys.

what does it say in the debug.log?
Mek
Thanks for your posts, guys.
-salvagewallet option

this will move any existing wallet.dat to wallet.[timestamp].dat and then attempts to salvage public/private keys and master encryption keys (if the wallet is encrypted) into a new wallet.dat. Once you have your keys in place you can import them into a fresh copy of blakecoin and recover your balance e.g backup the data folder and put the new wallet.dat into it and rescan/download the whole blockchain from scratch

had same issue with other coin wallets it does not salvage the wallet unless you force it even though it says salvage failed

you should only need to run the -salvagewallet option once to get a new working wallet.dat with your keys!
When I run Blakecoin-qt with the -salvagewallet option, all it does is renaming the wallet to the .bak file and exiting immediately (I can see the splash screen for split second). It does not create a new wallet.dat file or anything. I used WinMerge to compare the .bak file and the original corrupted wallet.dat file and they are exactly the same.
I tried running Blakecoin-qt -salvagewallet again but with no change.
Then, when I removed the -salvagewallet option and ran Blakecoin-qt without arguments, it created a fresh new wallet.dat, with 0 BLC of course (because it could not find wallet.dat).

is your wallet.dat encrypted? that might prevent the salvage option from working (not sure). if BD's suggestion doesnt work, try this: make sure you backup the wallet.dat, and then delete everything else in your blakecoin data directory (its in ~/.blakecoin/ on linux, not sure of windows). doing this will cause the wallet to re-download the blockchain, so your balance will fluctuate until it reaches the current block.
No, it's not encrypted. But I will try redownloading the blockchain as you suggested when I have time.

Here is a guide to recovering or repairing a corrupt wallet I wrote a while ago , it has helped a lot of people fix their wallets

Quick Surefire Guide - How to rebuild a qt wallet if you lost your coins - Step by Step Instructions

https://cryptocointalk.com/topic/13377-quick-surefire-guide-how-to-rebuild-a-qt-wallet-if-you-lost-your-coins-step-by-step-instructions/

edit one--- if you fixed it bluedragons way (which is what I would try first) make sure you run the qt with the -rescan option if you are still missing coins.
If I understand correctly, using this guide, I need to be able to open Blakecoin-qt with the corrupted wallet but I cannot because it only displays "Wallet corrupt, salvage failed" and then exits immediately. So I cannot access transaction log or export any keys.
legendary
Activity: 1148
Merit: 1018
It's about time -- All merrit accepted !!!

legendary
Solutions Architect
-salvagewallet option

edit:
you can rename the old data folder or backup to another location once done you should have an almost empty data folder just wallet.dat and blakecoin.conf delete all the chain data as it will need to rescan like Calhil pointed out
Activity: 182
Merit: 100
It will take some time to salvage your wallet. Afaik blc client has to scan the whole blockchain from the beginning and calculate all your transactions.
Mek
I did that but then the wallet only displayed a splashscreen shortly and renamed my wallet.dat to wallet..bak and exited quickly.
If I run wallet without the -salvagewallet option, it does the same but does not close and also creates a new wallet.dat. What is this option supposed to do anyway? (the error states that salvage failed so probably there is no reason to force it manually?)
legendary
Solutions Architect
When I use one of my wallet.dat files, the wallet displays error "wallet.dat corrupt, salvage failed" on start. But yesterday it worked. There are some BLCs in it, what can I do to save them?

run the client with the "-salvagewallet" command option (easy way is to edit your shortcut and add it to end of command then remove it after its done)
Mek
When I use one of my wallet.dat files, the wallet displays error "wallet.dat corrupt, salvage failed" on start. But yesterday it worked. There are some BLCs in it, what can I do to save them?
Activity: 94
Merit: 10
i also found blakecoin on that site. i was tired of the pointless scrypt clones so i was wading thru the sea of alt coins to try to find something different. at first i thought, this looks really low key, but after researching a bit i realized i had found a gem. one thing i always loved about blakecoin is that its not about the hype, but about quality technology. projects that rely on hype are almost always short lived, but blakecoin is for the long haul. there have been fluctuations of course, but the blakecoin network has been very consistent and stable compared to most alt coins. will certainly be interesting to see where we are in a year or two Smiley

A friend and I are working on a wiki site for blakecoin. I was hoping to have this ready by now, but time has been a constraint. however it is far enough along that I am ready to accept a few "beta testers". PM me if you would like to help flesh out the wiki by writing articles, or by consulting on server configuration.

Happy to help in any way I can. Sadly I wasted my education on lawyer skills and do not have a lot of engineering skills. I can talk about business structuring, finance matters. I do own a healthy single digit percentage of all BLC that I bought for a song, so I'm happy to contribute to bounties. I would not be of much use in doing the real work of BLC coding, or even brochure site maintenance, however.
Indeed, I remember first reading a mention of BLC whilst browsing a list of clones at http://com-http.us/
Stumbled on this oddly-named gem in the midst of all the crapcoins. Blake? What the heck is that?! I've been impressed by your technical achievements over the past year.

i also found blakecoin on that site. i was tired of the pointless scrypt clones so i was wading thru the sea of alt coins to try to find something different. at first i thought, this looks really low key, but after researching a bit i realized i had found a gem. one thing i always loved about blakecoin is that its not about the hype, but about quality technology. projects that rely on hype are almost always short lived, but blakecoin is for the long haul. there have been fluctuations of course, but the blakecoin network has been very consistent and stable compared to most alt coins. will certainly be interesting to see where we are in a year or two Smiley

A friend and I are working on a wiki site for blakecoin. I was hoping to have this ready by now, but time has been a constraint. however it is far enough along that I am ready to accept a few "beta testers". PM me if you would like to help flesh out the wiki by writing articles, or by consulting on server configuration.
legendary
Solutions Architect
Happy birthday Blakecoin.
I was there at the beginning, then I have a small break but I'm back again Wink.

always welcome back  Cool
Activity: 311
Merit: 250
Happy birthday Blakecoin.
I was there at the beginning, then I have a small break but I'm back again Wink.
legendary
Activity: 1148
Merit: 1018
It's about time -- All merrit accepted !!!
Thank you Bluedragon747 for bringing us blake coin , the blake 256 system and the merge pools, many many great things to come !!

I appreciate everyone's help and support since Blakecoin was released its been good fun so far  Grin

Plenty of stuff to still work on but very happy with all the goals achieved for Blakecoin  Cool

Thanks Everyone

Congrats from me too, Blue.

I was late to the party, and took the summer off, but still think the blake ecosystem is the coolest concept I've found since I started mining.

Here's to the next year, CHEERS (and don''t ask what I'm drinking!)
Pages:
Jump to: