Pages:
Author

Topic: [ANN][BLC] Blakecoin Blake-256 for GPU/FPGA With Merged Mined Pools Stable Net - page 73. (Read 409571 times)

Activity: 274
Merit: 254
BlueDragon, thanks for the update, sounds good. so when you said "multi platform updater" does that mean the game will run on Windoze/Mac/Linux?
legendary
Activity: 1509
Merit: 1030
Solutions Architect
How's it going with the game development ?
I look forward to the beta version. Wink

working on site and video's we need to agree on a couple of things to finish it before I can post the link to the site

the closed beta client is taking a bit longer we added some stuff which took some time and we also moved to unity 4.5.3 which needed some what we thought were minor changes to the ui but it has create a number of bugs we are still working on

The alpha started with unity 3.5.x and was updated to using unity 4.2.1 which worked fine as it supported some of the calls we had been using but have now become deprecated in the newer versions  Cry

overall it is worth the move with unity 4.6 and 5 due soon ish we have been trying to write something that will make these upgrades less of an issue(we hope) as most of the code should work fine, on good note unity 4.5.3 looks awesome and most of the video's have been done in it although a couple of area's the framerate needs tweaking and we also have the day/night cycle disabled while we work on fixing the current issues  Undecided

Note: the closed beta client does already have a working multi platform updater as we will be releasing content/features/bug fixes as soon as they are finished which mean you wont need to keep downloading the client as it will auto update  Cool  
Activity: 311
Merit: 250
How's it going with the game development ?
I look forward to the beta version. Wink
legendary
Activity: 1064
Merit: 1000
I have made a small quality of life change to CCE. Post links have been changed to get links on most pages.

This means that information in the explorer is now linkable:

Example:

http://blc.cryptocoinexplorer.com/block?block=161265
legendary
Solutions Architect
worth a note is the Ztex boards send the bitstream to the board from cgminer thus dont need a separate program cable but are harder to find  

yes I said about the Ztex boards above which include the Ztex 1.15y for which I have a few running here, they are good but also hard to find 2nd hand

they do need the newer dummy bitstream to work 100% with kramble's cgminer but it can all be done without any extra cables

if you do get an older version of the 1.15y you can update the dummy bitstream with the newer one using the Ztex java miner

here are the commands from my notes
java -cp ZtexBTCMiner-121126.jar BTCMiner -m p -ps 01-02-01 -f ztex_ufm1_15y1.ihx
java -cp ZtexBTCMiner-121126.jar BTCMiner -m p -f ztex_ufm1_15y1.ihx -s 01-02-01
java -cp ZtexBTCMiner-121126.jar BTCMiner -m p -pt ztex_ufm1_15y1 -f ztex_ufm1_15y1.ihx

*also need to switch the libusb driver for the board to use the java miner

Side Note:
I have tried a number of times to get a high fmax tri core for both cm1 and the ztex 1.15y but so far no build has been as successful and also not got a better dual core version with a higher fmax than what kramble did!
Activity: 162
Merit: 104
used fpgas are preferable if you can find them. they are a bit harder to set up and require a programming cable. there are cheap clones of the programming cables, some work fine but your mileage may vary.
you are wrong
for example my Ztex 1.15y does not require any special cables. normal usb-miniusb
legendary
Solutions Architect
Thanks for all the helpful info, I was not aware you could pick up fpga's so cheap...  Programming doesn't scare me, I'm used to programming multiwii/arduino type stuff, can't be harder than that ;-)  I'll have to plug it into a spreadsheet with the power consumption and see.  I had been leaning towards a couple of R290's or R280's in a dedicated rig.  I burned out my existing ATI card mining scrypt coins during the mania end of last year.  I already have a big external power supply I was using to run block eruptor cubes, which are unprofitable and basically paper weights right now, presumably I could run a handful of fpga's off of it.

Why would blake pools be getting ddos?  Seems to be kind of flying under the radar right now, so what's the point of attacking it?

For GPU 7990 probably better $/GH vs 290/280 as its basically same type of architecture (memory speed is not needed for blake its all mostly on GPU core)

290 is about 3.1GH/s
280 is about 2.4GH/s
x versions with more shaders = higher GH/s
7990 is about 5GH/s

for FPGA Lancelot/Icarus are best due to the tri core bitstream I released some time ago

Lancelot/Icarus dual spartan-6 LX150 = 960MH/s ~ 17W each
Ztex 1.15y quad spartan-6 LX150 = 1.6GH/s ~ 35W each

so imho its just easier to setup and get larger hashrate with GPU quickly but you will need cheap electric!, FPGA are a bit hard to get and might take time to setup and acquire a decent hashrate but long term running costs will be lower which is great if your electric is expensive like here in UK

if you got some electronics experience and dont mind programming boards then FPGA might be the way to go, can always ask here for help if you get stuck

worth a note is the Ztex boards send the bitstream to the board from cgminer thus dont need a separate program cable but are harder to find  

not sure why people attack the pools maybe trying to exploit or steal from the pools its not that abnormal often get a few attacks per day but its just every few hours atm  Cry

most of the attacks are mitigated and pools will 90% of the time auto heal but even so some crashes are not recoverable and needs me to do manual maintenance so if you notice them not working right just let me know

I do appreciate the users reporting issues as I can be quite busy at times

Edit:
looked up the watts used and 7990 looks better  
http://www.hwcompare.com/17667/radeon-hd-7990-vs-radeon-r9-280/
http://www.hwcompare.com/16198/radeon-hd-7990-vs-radeon-r9-290/

but if buying any of these 2nd hand still need to be careful you dont get one thats been hammered by Scrypt mining  Wink
Activity: 213
Merit: 101
Thanks for all the helpful info, I was not aware you could pick up fpga's so cheap...  Programming doesn't scare me, I'm used to programming multiwii/arduino type stuff, can't be harder than that ;-)  I'll have to plug it into a spreadsheet with the power consumption and see.  I had been leaning towards a couple of R290's or R280's in a dedicated rig.  I burned out my existing ATI card mining scrypt coins during the mania end of last year.  I already have a big external power supply I was using to run block eruptor cubes, which are unprofitable and basically paper weights right now, presumably I could run a handful of fpga's off of it.

Why would blake pools be getting ddos?  Seems to be kind of flying under the radar right now, so what's the point of attacking it?
legendary
Solutions Architect
Something wrong with pools(ny,la)? It looks like PHO, XDQ and ELT mining not working. Diff is very low and without finding blokcs...

all pools been getting a lot more DDoS past week  Cry

I will take a look now and see if something has crashed

Edit:
ny2 had crashed so reset should be ok again
la1 looked ok but was taking awhile for next block so reset that one too

thanks for reporting  Cool
Activity: 311
Merit: 250
Something wrong with pools(ny,la)? It looks like PHO, XDQ and ELT mining not working. Diff is very low and without finding blokcs...
Basically that means a big disparity btwn true believers and agnostics. Or another way that I look at price stagnation -- and this also explains to some degree the easy money to be made these days in bitcoin short selling -- everyone who really understands the potential of blockchain technology has already invested their entire available capital in bitcoin. So when the price lags a bit, there's just not any dollars left to spend until some new people discover it. There could be a surprising leap in prices when this happens.

very true zeke. also i think the blc price was affected by the recent bitcoin price drops, since blc is tied to btc on exchanges. blakecoin was not the only coin to loose rank on coinmarketcap.com. for example, if blc is at 0.000015 btc and btc drops in value by $100 then blc is now worth considerably less. but on the reverse, if/when blc corrects back to ~1 cent, and bitcoin goes back up in price, then blc will be along for the ride and increase in relative value. but most of all, i think its like you said zeke, those who are investing have already done so, and now we are all waiting to see what happens when bluedragon and his team reveal their game(s). exciting times; if i learned anything from the early litecoin days, this lull in blakecoin trading will end abruptly and then everyone will be asking themselves, why didnt i buy blakecoin when it was under one cent?!
Mek
Activity: 72
Merit: 6
mtc.mekweb.eu - mega transistor clock
mining BLC on nvidia cards is not feasible at all so forget that... Sad
What is the most cost/performance effective way to build a Blake mining rig?  I looked into FPGA but from the Xilinx website it looks like these are thousands of dollars?  Are most people just running a couple of GPUs in a rig?  I take it there are no mass produced dedicated mining devices yet?  ATI 7990's are still pretty pricey too but from a cost/ghs perspective are they the most efficient?

used fpgas are preferable if you can find them. they are a bit harder to set up and require a programming cable. there are cheap clones of the programming cables, some work fine but your mileage may vary. radeon gpus are a good choice too, mainly because they are easier to set up for mining and better documented for such purposes. used (and even new) cards are getting pretty cheap, but with used cards you run the risk of buying one thats already been beat to hell from mining scrypt coins. maxwell nvidia cards are pricey, but get decent hash rate with lower power consumption than amd radeons. overall though the cost/ghs is definitely better with fpga. the icarus/lancelot boards are probably the most available and easiest to set up with blake mining.
Actually right now 7990 cost not so much, I see few on sale in Ukraine in price range 400-800$
you're right
You can even find for $350 in Russia
http://www.avito.ru/sankt-peterburg/tovary_dlya_kompyutera/radeon_hd_7990_gv-r799d5-6gd-b_382515153
but power consumption...

and even for $290
http://www.avito.ru/moskva/tovary_dlya_kompyutera/xfx_radeon_hd_7990_302862599
Activity: 520
Merit: 253
try to find icarus/lancelot, ztex 1.15x, 1.15y or Cairnsmore CM1 board on ebay
i found mine 1.15y for about 100$
5.1GH/s on a AMD ATI Radeon 7990
on one Ztex 1.15y you can do about 1.4-1.6GH
so four of them 5.6-6.4GH
if you can find it for 100-150$ its cost only 400-600
compare with 7990 price
and do not forget about the power consumption of Ztex board which is about 40-50W
The Ztex consumes at most 40 W with Blake, probably a little less. The efficiency is easily better than any GPU.
Activity: 227
Merit: 260
compare with 7990 price
Actually right now 7990 cost not so much, I see few on sale in Ukraine in price range 400-800$
What is the most cost/performance effective way to build a Blake mining rig?  I looked into FPGA but from the Xilinx website it looks like these are thousands of dollars?  Are most people just running a couple of GPUs in a rig?  I take it there are no mass produced dedicated mining devices yet?  ATI 7990's are still pretty pricey too but from a cost/ghs perspective are they the most efficient?
try to find icarus/lancelot, ztex 1.15x, 1.15y or Cairnsmore CM1 board on ebay
i found mine 1.15y for about 100$
5.1GH/s on a AMD ATI Radeon 7990
on one Ztex 1.15y you can do about 1.4-1.6GH
so four of them 5.6-6.4GH
compare with 7990 price
and do not forget about the power consumption of Ztex board which is about 40-50W
Activity: 213
Merit: 101
What is the most cost/performance effective way to build a Blake mining rig?  I looked into FPGA but from the Xilinx website it looks like these are thousands of dollars?  Are most people just running a couple of GPUs in a rig?  I take it there are no mass produced dedicated mining devices yet?  ATI 7990's are still pretty pricey too but from a cost/ghs perspective are they the most efficient?
Activity: 94
Merit: 10
Basically that means a big disparity btwn true believers and agnostics. Or another way that I look at price stagnation -- and this also explains to some degree the easy money to be made these days in bitcoin short selling -- everyone who really understands the potential of blockchain technology has already invested their entire available capital in bitcoin. So when the price lags a bit, there's just not any dollars left to spend until some new people discover it. There could be a surprising leap in prices when this happens.
tough times for Blake. Trade practically on zero.

Its the calm before the storm. Also, trade volume low because price is low, no one wants to sell low but others are hesitant to buy. At least that's my analysis.
Pages:
Jump to: