Author

Topic: [ANN][Blocknet] truly decentralized exchange | token ecosystem infrastructure - page 148. (Read 1103293 times)

Activity: 364
Merit: 250
Cool. I think something like that will be needed for this to catch on. With the bar set so high to get the DX running with just one BTC pair (110GB or more of free space, time/bandwidth to d/l the blockchains, reconfiguring of the wallets, etc.) people are going to at least want to know it is going to be worth the time and effort to do so first.

I do see the potential however with the of hacks and closures of traditional exchanges that go on (Bitfenix, Mintpal, Cryptsy, etc.)...not to mention the DDoS attacks that go on with Polo at the most critical high volume/high price movement moments when you really need your orders to execute.

Still, though, if the success of Blocknet relies on the failing of other exchanges it may never catch on. It will need to have the same level of ease of use. Having a quick easy way of checking the order book seems like low hanging fruit for a step in that direction.

100% agree. Some people don't seem to have a problem with downloading the blockchains but I think for it to get any decent amount of users it needs to be really easy to use, like you say.

Quick reply!  Its really great to see the devs responding and being open to ideas like this from the community.

I actually asked your question a couple of weeks ago too, regarding not having to download the blockchains to use the exchange. Apparently it is doable and will happen further down the line.  Smiley
Activity: 430
Merit: 254
Cool. I think something like that will be needed for this to catch on. With the bar set so high to get the DX running with just one BTC pair (110GB or more of free space, time/bandwidth to d/l the blockchains, reconfiguring of the wallets, etc.) people are going to at least want to know it is going to be worth the time and effort to do so first.

I do see the potential however with the of hacks and closures of traditional exchanges that go on (Bitfenix, Mintpal, Cryptsy, etc.)...not to mention the DDoS attacks that go on with Polo at the most critical high volume/high price movement moments when you really need your orders to execute.

Still, though, if the success of Blocknet relies on the failing of other exchanges it may never catch on. It will need to have the same level of ease of use. Having a quick easy way of checking the order book seems like low hanging fruit for a step in that direction.
Activity: 771
Merit: 521
Quick reply!  Its really great to see the devs responding and being open to ideas like this from the community.
Wait I'm confused...so you DO have to run a node for each coin you want to trade? If so then that brings me back to my first question. Is there a site where someone can go just to check the DX's orderbook without running all the nodes? Like, does the blocknet team or a community member have a system that IS running a full DX with all the nodes (or at least the most popular ones like BTC, ETH, and XMR) and sending the info to a public website? (Even if it's just the orderbook in simple text form with no transaction history)

I just asked for you on Slack...

yes although it wouldn’t be “sending the info”, the website would make an api call

[4:41] 
i could put that together once we fork
legendary
Activity: 1190
Merit: 1000
To commodify ethicality is to ethicise the market
Wait I'm confused...so you DO have to run a node for each coin you want to trade? If so then that brings me back to my first question. Is there a site where someone can go just to check the DX's orderbook without running all the nodes? Like, does the blocknet team or a community member have a system that IS running a full DX with all the nodes (or at least the most popular ones like BTC, ETH, and XMR) and sending the info to a public website? (Even if it's just the orderbook in simple text form with no transaction history)

Aha. I see what you're getting to.

Nobody's done that yet, but it seems like a pretty simple piece of tech.

Nice idea too.

Perhaps suggest it in Slack?
I might want to try the DX but before I go to the trouble of clearing 110GB to run a full Bitcoin node I'd like to look at the order books. Is there a link where I can check that out? I don't care if the info comes from a centralized server as long as it's accurate.

We're still pre-UI, which means that the order book is currently on a tab in the Blocknet wallet.

To see orders, you configure the wallets of your trading pair to connect via JSON RPC to XBridge. Orders then populate the tab.

It's just an extremely simple list of offers, listing the buy currency, the sell currency, and the amount.

Shocked Shocked Shocked  AMAZING!   THIS IS A HUGE STEP.   Are there any plans to integrate wallets somehow so the blockchains don't have to be downloaded?
Ok cool so I don't have to run a BTC node to see the order book then? I will check it out later in that case.
legendary
Activity: 1526
Merit: 1003
Screenshot is truly impressive so the great future is reached now. So many people waiting to hear some positive feedback on this topic. Congratulation on this successful testing so now block is going to the moon. I am ready to run my node as I have good amount in my wallet.
legendary
I might want to try the DX but before I go to the trouble of clearing 110GB to run a full Bitcoin node I'd like to look at the order books. Is there a link where I can check that out? I don't care if the info comes from a centralized server as long as it's accurate.

We're still pre-UI, which means that the order book is currently on a tab in the Blocknet wallet.

To see orders, you configure the wallets of your trading pair to connect via JSON RPC to XBridge. Orders then populate the tab.

It's just an extremely simple list of offers, listing the buy currency, the sell currency, and the amount.

legendary
Ok, I've finally nailed down a silly RPC config issue, which means tomorrow I'll be ready to test!

Who wants to trade BTC for SYS?

Just saw in the slack the screencap of a DX transaction!
Its all coming together.  Imagine not needing a middleman exchange ever again!
MR1
legendary
Activity: 927
We'll see whether we can capture some videos (or at the very least, screenshots) of decentralised exchange transactions.

Any suggestions as to software that does video screen captures well?

What is progress of this latest testing waiting to see some exiting videos of this amazing achievement. We need some awesome news at this stage to get more attention from the people who believe in bright future.

Minor update: a Linux build is being verified now.

atcsecure [2:39 PM]
@here the cross build issues are resolved, I’m going through verification now

Awesome! Testing process is going very well!
legendary
We'll see whether we can capture some videos (or at the very least, screenshots) of decentralised exchange transactions.

What is progress of this latest testing waiting to see some exiting videos of this amazing achievement. We need some awesome news at this stage to get more attention from the people who believe in bright future.

Minor update: a Linux build is being verified now.

atcsecure [2:39 PM]
@here the cross build issues are resolved, I’m going through verification now
legendary
Activity: 1526
Merit: 1012

Activity: 181
Merit: 103
The future for all trade is decentralized safex.io

http://www.maartenbaert.be/simplescreenrecorder/

THis is epic screen recorder if you're on ubuntu.
Jump to: