Author

Topic: [ANN][Blocknet] truly decentralized exchange | token ecosystem infrastructure - page 154. (Read 1103293 times)

Activity: 154
Merit: 0
What QT version do you use to build XBridge? My attempts with 5.7 and 5.4 were not successful. I modded the .pro file and managed to get the build going but failing. The GUI code  has issues :-

Code:
xbridgep2p-master/src/ui/uiutil.cpp:57: error: invalid initialization of non-const reference of type 'std::__cxx11::basic_string&' from an rvalue of type 'std::__cxx11::string {aka std::__cxx11::basic_string}'
     boost::split(vals, util::base64_decode(size), boost::is_any_of(","));
                                           ^

This is line 57 of the file uiutil.cpp

Is there a workaround ?

Has anyone ever built and tested this console and/or GUI ?

Hey hey

This (which I think you're using) is a windows build. What are you trying to build on?

My apologies for the lack of documentation. We're still at an early stage regarding the presentation of this tech.

For the record, we use an automated build system that loads files here.
Yes, it's been built (and also tested).
Regarding other people having built it before, the answer is yes, for several earlier builds, but not for the most recent build, since community testing is around the corner. But since our environment is pretty solid there aren't many random loose ends around that could change from build to build.

Cheers

Arlyn

Hi

you seem to have missed the question. i was trying to build from source ie from the git. I'm  building on a ubuntu distro. 16.04 to be exact.
if we will remain stuck over it we will find our goal on day but if we do not do this we can not be successful.
Activity: 527
Merit: 500
Well now, nothing sparks trust more than a site that has a portmanteau of "crypto" and "multiply" as its title.

I will surely at least double my "invesments" in 200 hours. Perhaps you should've gone with "craptiply" for the domain?
Activity: 423
Merit: 250
Big expectation in the air, and big responsibility of old/new DEV
Pretty sure that this is a post that is in it for signature BS?

The old dev is the same as the 'new dev'...nothing changed in that regard!

To watch real BS join the slack
Activity: 27
so they take a million dollars in funds and abandon xc to get delisted even from bittrex?

time to do a more thorough investigation into dan metcalf.

even the smallest coins made effort to generate some volume to avoid delisting.

I will be creating a new thread in the main section to bring attention to this and investigate this more thoroughly.

Blocknet can not exist without XC. You can't abandon projects like this in crypto and be taken seriously.

As much as it sucks for XC to loose Bittrex, Blocknet still has XC for it's decentralized exchange and ongoing development as it seems.

Looking forward to synechist/atcsecure comments in this thread too.

legendary
Activity: 2100
Merit: 1167
MY RED TRUST LEFT BY SCUMBAGS - READ MY SIG
so they take a million dollars in funds and abandon xc to get delisted even from bittrex?

time to do a more thorough investigation into dan metcalf.

even the smallest coins made effort to generate some volume to avoid delisting.

I will be creating a new thread in the main section to bring attention to this and investigate this more thoroughly.

Blocknet can not exist without XC. You can't abandon projects like this in crypto and be taken seriously.

legendary
Activity: 2100
Merit: 1167
MY RED TRUST LEFT BY SCUMBAGS - READ MY SIG
atc secure needs to contact bittrex about XC if it is delisted then that is a big signal these projects are dead.

Why is bitterex delisting it anyway .I can only imagine it is due to lack of any leadership or community on this board.

legendary
Activity: 1190
Merit: 1000
To commodify ethicality is to ethicise the market
What QT version do you use to build XBridge? My attempts with 5.7 and 5.4 were not successful. I modded the .pro file and managed to get the build going but failing. The GUI code  has issues :-

Code:
xbridgep2p-master/src/ui/uiutil.cpp:57: error: invalid initialization of non-const reference of type 'std::__cxx11::basic_string&' from an rvalue of type 'std::__cxx11::string {aka std::__cxx11::basic_string}'
                                           ^

Is there a workaround ?

Hey hey

This (which I think you're using) is a windows build. What are you trying to build on?

My apologies for the lack of documentation. We're still at an early stage regarding the presentation of this tech.

Regarding other people having built it before, the answer is yes, for several earlier builds, but not for the most recent build, since community testing is around the corner. But since our environment is pretty solid there aren't many random loose ends around that could change from build to build.

Cheers

Arlyn

Hi

you seem to have missed the question. i was trying to build from source ie from the git. I'm  building on a ubuntu distro. 16.04 to be exact.

Aha. Yes I see that. My apologies. End-of-day weariness!

I haven't tried to build from source myself, being a humble systems analyst, and I also haven't had opportunity to ask questions about QT versions and the like.

I've reverted to one of our devs and will get back to you.

For the time being, perhaps try build from this branch.

(I might be mistaken that this is the correct branch.) FTR, is that the branch you used?

Update:

Instructions are here. https://github.com/bitcoin/bitcoin/blob/master/doc/build-unix.md Pretty the same like for building bitcoin, same dependencies.

Also checked Ubuntu build today and posted a fix to the repo

And some other relevant remarks:
we really need xbridgep2p specific build doc

I'll review today and spin up a fresh ubuntu image [in the dev environment so we can auto-build for Ubuntu internally].

I have merged the dev code in the master branch just now
legendary

Code:
                                           ^

Is there a workaround ?

Hey hey

Cheers

Arlyn

Hi

you seem to have missed the question. i was trying to build from source ie from the git. I'm  building on a ubuntu distro. 16.04 to be exact.

Aha. Yes I see that. My apologies. End-of-day weariness!

I haven't tried to build from source myself, being a humble systems analyst, and I also haven't had opportunity to ask questions about QT versions and the like.

I've reverted to one of our devs and will get back to you.

For the time being, perhaps try build from this branch.

(I might be mistaken that this is the correct branch.) FTR, is that the branch you used?

Activity: 380
Merit: 103
Developer and Consultant

Code:
                                           ^

Is there a workaround ?

Hey hey

Cheers

Arlyn

Hi

legendary
What QT version do you use to build XBridge? My attempts with 5.7 and 5.4 were not successful. I modded the .pro file and managed to get the build going but failing. The GUI code  has issues :-

Code:
                                           ^

Is there a workaround ?

Hey hey

Cheers

Arlyn
Developer and Consultant
What QT version do you use to build XBridge? My attempts with 5.7 and 5.4 were not successful. I modded the .pro file and managed to get the build going but failing. The GUI code  has issues :-

Code:
                                           ^

Is there a workaround ?

Activity: 423
Merit: 250
You guys have no clue what you are talking about.   Tomorrow you will look very stupid.

What you mean?
Activity: 18

Thanks,

I am looking into other projects that have unique ideas and code that was actually implemented in the hope that i can collaborate with them and develop Oracle into something significant.

Interesting concept and ideas .... I will be watching closely this and see if I can help or participate in something and I think it could be interesting your contribution to Blocknet have a similar concept ...
Developer and Consultant
@Blockchain Mechanic

I am taking the liberty to quote a post from the ANN of your own project, so everyone here can see it. Looks very interesting to me.

I am dreaming, this is one of the projects i mostly dream to participate to, at last someone had the idea to develop an AI blockchain, could you please give more details about the project, how will it evolve ? will the code be open sourced or private sourced ? will it be a coin or service driven ? what do you expect from it to do ?

An overview of the design is laid out in the technical paper :- ORACLE AI TECHNICAL DRAFT

Oracle AI is an Intelligent Blockchain that analyses, self-corrects and self-regulates rather than the hard-coded system behavior typical of bitcoin and clones. The AI acts as a guardian for the blockchain, monitoring it and adjusting aspects of the system to ensure viable conditions are always maintained. The Ai takes over control of all system policies, such as block reward, proof of stake rewards, fees, money supply management etc. The AI will self-evolve beyond the initializing parameters using a combination of Trial & error and Build-Evolve-Destroy.

I have decided on ten goals/ steps in my road to achieve this kind of Expert System/Narrow AI

1) Blockchain
2) Data Acquisition
3) Kernel v1
3.1) Learning (Not sure if i can teach it to teach itself)
4) Simulator
5) Self replication
6) Inter-AI communication
7) Network wide AI (each individual AI rather than being independent, operates as part of the whole, each nodes vote weight is based on # of iterations and correct previous history )
Cool Reasoning and Explanation
9) Extended Simulation
10) Cross-Chain interaction

I am likely to keep this closed source, i cannot see a compelling reason to open the source to others , especially with the prolific cloning i see around here. For example, no-one has bothered to update the basic Proof of Stake code since 2013/2014, so i had to take bitcoin 0.12.x (2016), update it to use c++11 and start baking PoS into it from scratch. I am currently testing a very basic version on my private home network ironing out bugs, while i write the data acq and kernel code. I will release binaries to curious, interested or enthusiast parties for a test run in a few weeks, if successful, i will proceed, dedicating my free time to meeting the above ten goals and/or any others that may arise during development. For those who will potentially be invited to participate in the private test run but are wary of using closed source code, all i can say is, get a VM and sandbox it.

Regarding my choice of 0.12.x  over the newer 0.13 version of the bitcoin codebase:= Segwit is thus far untested and is not even used in the bitcoin protocol yet. That coupled with the PoS code and many other issues such as CLTV and CSV which no-one has explored in PoS, leaves me with more than enough sleepless nights.

As the code is based on Bitcoin, there will be a token, however if this proves unsuitable, i may opt to develop a new code-base altogether and tack on the previous balances. Services are still just conceptual at the moment, and the level of multi-threading, ram and processing requirements would probably end up making service hosting a very costly thing. Service will be able to access the AI via API and each unique service instance can be propagated across the network.

Thanks,

I am looking into other projects that have unique ideas and code that was actually implemented in the hope that i can collaborate with them and develop Oracle into something significant.
Developer and Consultant
Hello

Hey hey :-)

is the Xbridge code functional ?

Yes

Was it ever tested ?

Yes (though I think some community testing is in order)

What is the overall system's current status?

The current status is:
(a) the service for monetisation of inter-chain dapps (decentralised exchange) is in beta,
(b) inter-chain transport (xchat - p2p and end-to-end-encrypted) is ready,
(c) the trade fee distribution mechanism is not complete.

Cheers

Arlyn

How can i contact the devs? I'd like to work with their code and expand on it.

You can get hold of me on [email protected]. I'll link you up :-)

I sent an email. Quick few questions, does this work via p2p net or does each participating coin's daemon ie rpc?
legendary
Hello

Yes

Was it ever tested ?

The current status is:
(a) the service for monetisation of inter-chain dapps (decentralised exchange) is in beta,

Cheers

Arlyn

You can get hold of me on [email protected]. I'll link you up :-)
legendary
Activity: 1540
Merit: 1002

http://blocknet.herokuapp.com  This is link for slack invitation so go ahead and join to ask from devs.
Developer and Consultant
Hello

Yes

Was it ever tested ?

The current status is:

Cheers

Arlyn

legendary
Hello

Yes

Was it ever tested ?

The current status is:

Cheers

Arlyn
Developer and Consultant
Hello

is the Xbridge code functional ? Was it ever tested ? What is the overall system's current status?
Jump to: