Author

Topic: [ANN][Blocknet] truly decentralized exchange | token ecosystem infrastructure - page 161. (Read 1103293 times)

Activity: 261
Merit: 10
https://assetsplit.org/
And of course Blocknet decentralized exchange !

Maybe its me being noob , but where can i find the decentralized exchange ? ( i know its everywhere but i mean an access to it Smiley )
I looked in my wallet ( v. 1.1.1.3 ) but nothing there. What am i missing ?

We have a user guide for the decentralised exchange!

It was created by the community.
Special thanks to @aderks for leading the initiative.
It'll be progressively updated as we go.

Here's the link:
https://docs.google.com/document/d/1DWmeD86mvzM1gG-g3_i0_TApjAnmzbUefhEXGYKRqYc/edit?usp=sharing

Wow very cool ! i will try it soon when i am more awake. Unfortunately the author didn't provide an 'overview' so its kinda overwhelming at first for non-techies.
But basically as i understand it, every bitcoin-type wallet has RPC,  which means that these wallets can be accessed by a program from the backside. in case of blocknet this program is xbridgep2p. This program then makes the connection to your wallets, and enables you to 'advertize' a trade offer on the blocknet. is this correct ?

Yup, that's the gist of it.

xbridgep2p provides the following components:
- DHT network overlay
- end-to-end encrypted p2p messaging protocol
- coin exchange protocol

For decentralised exchange, it functions to
- broadcast orders
- compile an order book
- match orders
- instruct your wallets to follow the steps of the coin exchange protocol
- check that the counterparty plays by the rules of the coin exchange protocol

Great work. Now as trader, i like to see charts of course. As a suggestion, you should make an API for the guys at coinigy, this is a 3rd party platform that accesses different exchanges to trade. Instant visuals Smiley
Activity: 399
Merit: 250
I've bought some coins
legendary
Activity: 1190
Merit: 1000
To commodify ethicality is to ethicise the market

Maybe its me being noob , but where can i find the decentralized exchange ? ( i know its everywhere but i mean an access to it Smiley )

Here's the link:
https://docs.google.com/document/d/1DWmeD86mvzM1gG-g3_i0_TApjAnmzbUefhEXGYKRqYc/edit?usp=sharing

Wow very cool ! i will try it soon when i am more awake. Unfortunately the author didn't provide an 'overview' so its kinda overwhelming at first for non-techies.
But basically as i understand it, every bitcoin-type wallet has RPC,  which means that these wallets can be accessed by a program from the backside. in case of blocknet this program is xbridgep2p. This program then makes the connection to your wallets, and enables you to 'advertize' a trade offer on the blocknet. is this correct ?

Yup, that's the gist of it.

xbridgep2p provides the following components:
- DHT network overlay
- end-to-end encrypted p2p messaging protocol
- coin exchange protocol

For decentralised exchange, it functions to
- broadcast orders
- compile an order book
- match orders
- instruct your wallets to follow the steps of the coin exchange protocol
- check that the counterparty plays by the rules of the coin exchange protocol

Here's the link:

legendary

Here's the link:

Activity: 140
Merit: 100
Entrepreneur and blockchain enthusiast
legendary
Activity: 1188
Merit: 1001
MR1
legendary
Activity: 927
legendary
Activity: 2955
Merit: 1049
Activity: 462
Merit: 250
Hi, Im Bitcoin trader and crypto enthusiast.
After this news https://www.cryptocoinsnews.com/europol-interpol-unite-combat-bitcoin-money-laundering/  I strongly think that Tech like Blocknet offers is the future for us bitcoin traders and users.
Activity: 647
Merit: 255
DATABLOCKCHAIN.IO SALE IS LIVE | MVP @ DBC.IO
Where this coin is traded?
Activity: 18
Merit: 0
And a "one button" type UI is on the way too apparently.

http://blocknet.co/

Yes, soon will come the specifications of the UI interface, slack channel more information and discussions about
Activity: 771
Merit: 521
And a "one button" type UI is on the way too apparently.

http://blocknet.co/
legendary
is there documentation on this xbridge tech and how it works?

i only noticed the coin b/c of the pump on polo and then see this claim of cross-chain p2p, I'm like how the fuck did I miss this lol

do not take it seriously. it is simply pumped for no reason.

i'm just more interested in learning about how the tech works, if it does work securely

Thanks for being interested. :-)

We're currently working on a full spec of the design. In the meantime, you're very welcome to chat to us in Slack, were we'd be happy to delve into the details in conversation.

Regarding the current pump, I must admit that we were surprised that the market (a) took 2 years to notice us, and (b) didn't wait for either the documentation or the production release.

My takeaway on it: we now get to take a far broader group of people on the journey with us. Plus, it's now easier to fund development.

so i can trade for example my btc for someone else's eth with this without using an exchange?

Yes. You keep your coins locally, configure the APIs of whatever coins' wallets you want to trade with, and just go for it. There's no central entity that adds trading pairs, no central order book, no central order matching system, and of course no central coin exchange system.

I re-posted a how-to guide a few posts back if you want to try it out. Otherwise join Slack - we have a new build currently being debugged, which we'll be testing publicly. Hopefully that'll be on Wed or Thur.
Activity: 771
Merit: 521

i only noticed the coin b/c of the pump on polo and then see this claim of cross-chain p2p, I'm like how the fuck did I miss this lol

i'm just more interested in learning about how the tech works, if it does work securely

We're currently working on a full spec of the design. In the meantime, you're very welcome to chat to us in Slack, were we'd be happy to delve into the details in conversation.

Regarding the current pump, I must admit that we were surprised that the market (a) took 2 years to notice us, and (b) didn't wait for either the documentation or the production release.

My takeaway on it: we now get to take a far broader group of people on the journey with us. Plus, it's now easier to fund development.

so i can trade for example my btc for someone else's eth with this without using an exchange?

Exactly.  And many many other permutations of coins. Its the sleeping giant of crypto.
legendary
Activity: 1666
Merit: 1010
he who has the gold makes the rules

Jump to: