Author

Topic: [ANN][Blocknet] truly decentralized exchange | token ecosystem infrastructure - page 188. (Read 1103293 times)

legendary
Activity: 1190
Merit: 1000
To commodify ethicality is to ethicise the market
Boom.

[Click the image to read the rest of the article.]

Activity: 1344
Merit: 502
Speaking of dark and light, i always wondered if both sides could work together (supernet and blocknet) but now it seems more extremities have come into play, and these examples may stand for a lifetime unless someone changes them

Personally I'd love to work with them.

They're both technically competent and interesting projects, and I respect what they're doing.

(I don't think they want to work with us, but I'm open.)

Furthermore, we'd enhance each other's service offerings if, say, a SuperNET node could offer Blocknet services. IMO we're both incentivised to work together.

How about we put an XBridge in the SuperNET?

Sounds like a great idea
legendary
Speaking of dark and light, i always wondered if both sides could work together (supernet and blocknet) but now it seems more extremities have come into play, and these examples may stand for a lifetime unless someone changes them

Personally I'd love to work with them.

They're a technically competent and interesting project, and I respect what they're doing.

(I don't think they want to work with us, but I'm open.)

Furthermore, we'd enhance each other's service offerings if, say, a SuperNET node could offer Blocknet services. IMO we're both incentivised to work together.

How about we put an XBridge in the SuperNET?

Activity: 1344
Merit: 502
I bought a little bit of Block and am back in now, mostly to be amused when (haters) people figure out this is all real and the FUD was just FUD. New website looks great by the way.

Out of the darkness and into the light.  Welcome back! Smiley

Activity: 616
Merit: 500

Just FYI: to anyone new or not paying close attention, it's worth noting that the current marketcap of Blocknet is ~$176,619.28 (as opposed to coinmarketcap's calculation of $456,077).  This is because the total supply of BLOCK is not 10 million, but closer to 3.9 million coins (roughly 6.1m coins have been burnt to this address: https://chainz.cryptoid.info/block/address.dws?1374.htm).

If BLOCK were to begin trading at it's ITO price of 0.00025000 BTC, it's marketcap would be roughly $266,175 (if everything else remained constant).

See:
http://wiki.blocknet.co/index.php/ITO_Results
Activity: 192
Merit: 100
I bought a little bit of Block and am back in now, mostly to be amused when (haters) people figure out this is all real and the FUD was just FUD. New website looks great by the way.

Well, ya might want to grab yourself some xcurrency too if you haven't already!
Activity: 226
Merit: 100

Out of the darkness and into the light.  Welcome back! Smiley
Activity: 102
Merit: 10
he he - just had a look through some previous postings, think i got hijacked!
legendary
Activity: 1470
cryptocollectorsclub.com
so what interest in blocknet will the 'executive board' in the incorporated company have.There has to be a director etc.How will they be renumerated, will they be disclosing their blocknet holdings and their blocknet income,How many blocknet tokens/hz asset shares will the incorporated company(directors etc) own and what percentage of the total assets will this be? Will each blocknet token be able to be exchanged 1 to 1 with hz asset exchange 'shares' or will the company inc have say 50% hz assets and the remaining 50% be represented by blocknet tokens/hz asset shares. How will it be structured?

Sorry guys, seems i shook up a hornets nest Sad, as a holder of several thousand 'blocknet' just wanted to know how things were going to be set up - which in turn would affect my investment! Would i be right in saying that the ITO funds are being used to develop/marketing etc and the inc 'company' will derive income from services based on the 'blocknet' protocol. If not please explain where i am going wrong as i feel these are pertinent/ relevant questions with regard to my investment in 'blocknet'

my blocknet address   BoiC3s68WrT1NHjGfUiy2B2DuiHKki7Gd2
Activity: 387
Merit: 250
Has cryptodevil ever asked a question with the intent to receive a credible answer?  

No.  He only asks questions with the intent to discredit the Blocknet project.  I wonder why?

An article worth reading to give you an idea of just how much development work is going on in the background for this and the other superNET coins:

[snip]

It's pretty easy to determine the reason behind people's negativity towards any given project by simply checking their post history.  Ordinarily, the ones who criticize a project non-stop are the ones who see it is a direct threat to their own wallets.  

My advice:  If someone is repeatedly critical towards a project, view their post history to help frame how you engage them.

Isn't that the truth.  Good advice too. 

Cryptodevil is a troll.  Go back to SuperNet.
legendary
Activity: 2240
Merit: 1254
Thread-puller extraordinaire
You are jumping the gun. For heaven's sake, presenting a *vision* that includes, as a minor facet, a traditional business component, is not forming a company. Where on earth have you got these notions from? Come back to earth.

I got these notions from you:

so this is an Inc. now ?

It remains a decentralized technology, with a foundation and a collection of participating blockchain-based projects.

However, you'll soon see our business plan, where we detail the need for traditional trusted entities for off-chain products and services. They will perform functions like escrow, arbitration, gateway services, and mediation. To this end, the Blocknet - and anyone else who builds a business upon the technology - will need to register as a legal entity. So yes, there will be a Blocknet Inc.

You're the one talking business plans, they normally involve, you know, businesses. Legal entities with shareholders and shares. Hence the entirely valid questions, not FUD just because I support superNET.

If I got it wrong I got it wrong, no biggie. The "Is this an Inc. now" followed by the talk of Blocknet Inc immediately brought forth questions pertinent to the intended business structure.

Activity: 616
Merit: 500
Has cryptodevil ever asked a question with the intent to receive a credible answer?  

No.  He only asks questions with the intent to discredit the Blocknet project.  I wonder why?

An article worth reading to give you an idea of just how much development work is going on in the background for this and the other superNET coins:

[snip]

It's pretty easy to determine the reason behind people's negativity towards any given project by simply checking their post history.  Ordinarily, the ones who criticize a project non-stop are the ones who see it is a direct threat to their own wallets.  

My advice:  If someone is repeatedly critical towards a project, view their post history to help frame how you engage them.
legendary
You are kidding, right? You have spent this much time 'diligently' forming the incorporated company as being a major milestone for the project,

No we haven't.

We've spent time doing *market research* and *service creation* and *software development*.

but you don't know the answer to questions such as how many blocknet tokens the company owns?

Huh? We had an ITO. Tokens were *distributed* to holders. As such, the Blocknet does not own any tokens. Where are you getting this from?

Who holds the shares for this Blocknet incorporated company? What name are they in? Surely you can answer that question, as it would have been part and parcel of the formation process.

You are jumping the gun. For heaven's sake, presenting a *vision* that includes, as a minor facet, a traditional business component, is not forming a company. Where on earth have you got these notions from? Come back to earth.

legendary
Activity: 2240
Merit: 1254
Thread-puller extraordinaire
so what interest in blocknet will the 'executive board' in the incorporated company have.There has to be a director etc.How will they be renumerated, will they be disclosing their blocknet holdings and their blocknet income,How many blocknet tokens/hz asset shares will the incorporated company(directors etc) own and what percentage of the total assets will this be? Will each blocknet token be able to be exchanged 1 to 1 with hz asset exchange 'shares' or will the company inc have say 50% hz assets and the remaining 50% be represented by blocknet tokens/hz asset shares. How will it be structured?

Good questions - and ones we will take care to answer when we form the entities you mention.

But we're not yet at that stage. However, since such entities are public, you can rest assured of our legal obligation to keep you all informed.

You are kidding, right? You have spent this much time 'diligently' forming the incorporated company as being a major milestone for the project, but you don't know the answer to questions such as how many blocknet tokens the company owns?

Who holds the shares for this Blocknet incorporated company? What name are they in? Surely you can answer that question, as it would have been part and parcel of the formation process.

legendary
How will this play out practically, Arlyn? 

Will there be two different "BLOCK" assets, each with their own marketcap (HZ assets & BLOCK tokens)?  Or will they essentially be the same "asset" with one marketcap? 

I am a bit confused on how this plays out.  Could you provide some clarity? 

They'll be different assets - one deprecated and the other current.

There's nothing stopping people from just keeping their BLOCK of course, but I see no incentive to do so.

Will there be a cut off date where block tokens can no longer be redeemed for the asset?

I for one plan on redeeming every last one of mine.

Nice work!

I think there may be a cutoff date, but this depends on the particulars of the method we use.

If we don't need a cutoff date, I doubt we'll use one. Those who don't exchange their BLOCK would just lose out on fees.
legendary

Good questions - and ones we will take care to answer when we form the entities you mention.

But we're not yet at that stage. However, since such entities are public, you can rest assured of our legal obligation to keep you all informed.

Activity: 371
Merit: 252

Will there be two different "BLOCK" assets, each with their own marketcap (HZ assets & BLOCK tokens)?  Or will they essentially be the same "asset" with one marketcap? 

There's nothing stopping people from just keeping their BLOCK of course, but I see no incentive to do so.

Will there be a cut off date where block tokens can no longer be redeemed for the asset?

I for one plan on redeeming every last one of mine.

Nice work!
legendary

Jump to: