Author

Topic: [ANN][Blocknet] truly decentralized exchange | token ecosystem infrastructure - page 189. (Read 1103293 times)

Activity: 616
Merit: 500

Will BLOCK holders have to turn in their BLOCK tokens to use on the HZ asset exchange?  How will Block on the HZ asset exchange differ from Block being traded on exchanges like bittrex?

When the tech is ready, BLOCK can be exchanged at will for HZ assets. This will allow holders of Blocknet tokens to be paid Blocknet service fees.

Getting paid service fees is the first difference between trading BLOCK on Bittrex and exchanging for HZ assets.

The second difference, of course, is that there'll be no need to use a centralised exchange to trade Blocknet tokens. :-)

How will this play out practically, Arlyn? 

Will there be two different "BLOCK" assets, each with their own marketcap (HZ assets & BLOCK tokens)?  Or will they essentially be the same "asset" with one marketcap? 

I am a bit confused on how this plays out.  Could you provide some clarity? 

legendary
Activity: 1190
Merit: 1000
To commodify ethicality is to ethicise the market

Will BLOCK holders have to turn in their BLOCK tokens to use on the HZ asset exchange?  How will Block on the HZ asset exchange differ from Block being traded on exchanges like bittrex?

When the tech is ready, BLOCK can be exchanged at will for HZ assets. This will allow holders of Blocknet tokens to be paid Blocknet service fees.

Getting paid service fees is the first difference between trading BLOCK on Bittrex and exchanging for HZ assets.

The second difference, of course, is that there'll be no need to use a centralised exchange to trade Blocknet tokens. :-)

Activity: 226
Merit: 100
the platform itself, by way of being an incorporated company, just became a centralised corporate entity that uses decentralised technology.

That's not correct. The platform has not become an incorporated company.

Is Ethereum a registered company? Yes.

Is it an open source platform? Yes.

So it is with the Blocknet.

Let's just get this straight:

*Any* legal entity can use and build upon the Blocknet. This applies to individuals or to companies.

It applies equally - and in the same respect - to a legal entity called Blocknet Inc. And this in no way gives centralised control over an open source technology. How could it, given that the tech is open source?

End.

ok a last one. Will the tokens then turn into shares of Blocknet inc. by legal definition or will they still be just tokens. i mean they will generate the revenue. are they tied to the inc. ?

They will be crypto-tokens on the HZ asset exchange.

legendary
the platform itself, by way of being an incorporated company, just became a centralised corporate entity that uses decentralised technology.

*Any* legal entity can use and build upon the Blocknet. This applies to individuals or to companies.

It applies equally - and in the same respect - to a legal entity called Blocknet Inc. And this in no way gives centralised control over an open source technology. How could it, given that the tech is open source?

End.

ok a last one. Will the tokens then turn into shares of Blocknet inc. by legal definition or will they still be just tokens. i mean they will generate the revenue. are they tied to the inc. ?

They will be crypto-tokens on the HZ asset exchange.
Activity: 882

End.

Activity: 308
Merit: 250

End.

Arlyn, Troll-slayer

legendary

End.

legendary
Activity: 2240
Merit: 1254
Thread-puller extraordinaire
It's unfortunately kind of a necessity to have a legal entity associated with a platform that collects and redistributes fees for its services.

Isn't the whole point of decentralised services to not have to conform to centralised rules?

Sure, the ancillary services provided by third parties can be registered companies which interact with the platform, but the platform itself, by way of being an incorporated company, just became a centralised corporate entity that uses decentralised technology.

Totally different concept to what true decentralisation is all about, which is for the platform to belong to everyone who uses it.

Now the Blocknet platform belongs to the shareholders. Whoop-de-do. Welcome to corporate America crypto-people, now, do as we say.

Activity: 226
Merit: 100
congrats to the new website!

Agreed, congrats!  It looks amazing!  

"The Blocknet enables multi-blockchain services to be delivered to devices that only contain a single blockchain. Thus, device and network resources are conserved, and a flexible, mobile, indefinitely extensible future is enabled."

The potential of Blocknet is limitless.  
For what it's worth to you, hoertest, it was part of the advertised plan from the beginning that there would eventually be a legal entity associated with the Blocknet. I'm not sure how you missed that. It's unfortunately kind of a necessity to have a legal entity associated with a platform that collects and redistributes fees for its services.

Yeah guess i have missed a lot. shame on me.
Activity: 462
Merit: 250
For what it's worth to you, hoertest, it was part of the advertised plan from the beginning that there would eventually be a legal entity associated with the Blocknet. I'm not sure how you missed that. It's unfortunately kind of a necessity to have a legal entity associated with a platform that collects and redistributes fees for its services.
Mr. eloquent going at it again.   kinda missed the good old days  Smiley

hit me up when your internal potential finishes rev3
legendary
Hoertest, if you don't permit projects the freedom to grow and realise their own internal potential, you should not be involved.

Our business case is based on months of research. It's also has plain utility, since if we're to create an internet of blockchains, it's absolutely essential that the "real world," which includes businesses that of necessity require legal entities to do business with, can integrate into the Blocknet. We're working hard at creating the best possible tech and I think you should respect that.

To get pissed off about some idea that doesn't appeal to you is, with respect, inappropriate in my opinion. Why be so brittle anyway? Rather just appreciate what we have to offer. It will always be limited, not infinite or ideal. But we're giving it everything we've got.

(And personally, I'm really excited about the Blocknet. Perhaps you have reason to be too.)

well it just irritates me. i probably wouldn't have advertised this the way i did if i had known that it would in part become a corp.

news like that should come before collecting money. same with that b2b shit but that doesn't belong here.

I'm not siding with "the other" crowd now but you and Dan personally piss me of beyond believe. just wanted this of my chest at least once i guess.

feel better now. won't bother you anymore.
legendary
can u sue coins you don't want to be having the xbridge if they just use it without permit?

Huh?

No, it's open source tech. None of this has changed.

I'm not sure where you're going with this...

can u sue coins you don't want to be having the xbridge if they just use it without permit?
legendary
so this is an Inc. now ?

It remains a decentralized technology, with a foundation and a collection of participating blockchain-based projects.

However, you'll soon see our business plan, where we detail the need for traditional trusted entities for off-chain products and services. They will perform functions like escrow, arbitration, gateway services, and mediation. To this end, the Blocknet - and anyone else who builds a business upon the technology - will need to register as a legal entity. So yes, there will be a Blocknet Inc.
Activity: 905
Merit: 1001
congrats to the new website!
legendary
And we're live!

Unveiling Blocknet.co, a PaaS for Blockchain interoperability, modularity and mobility.

Jump to: