Author

Topic: [ANN][Blocknet] truly decentralized exchange | token ecosystem infrastructure - page 192. (Read 1103293 times)

legendary
Activity: 1190
Merit: 1000
To commodify ethicality is to ethicise the market
What does it take for a coin to be adhered to Blocknet?
Because NXT was not included?
Sorry, English is not my forte.

BlockNET is 100% open source and when the xbridge is completed, any coin (should they decide to), will be able to add it.  

This is why ultimately it doesn't matter (or make sense) if coins like LXC are "removed" from BlockNET or not.  Any coin will be able to add or remove itself.

It's kind of funny you say it's 100% opensource. The last commit was three months ago and has no unique code to it.
https://github.com/atcsecure/blocknet/commits/master

That's not the repo. That's the interim wallet.

Remember, the Blocknet is not a coin.

Activity: 658
Merit: 500
The Buck Stops Here.

BlockNET is 100% open source and when the xbridge is completed, any coin (should they decide to), will be able to add it.  

This is why ultimately it doesn't matter (or make sense) if coins like LXC are "removed" from BlockNET or not.  Any coin will be able to add or remove itself.

It's kind of funny you say it's 100% opensource. The last commit was three months ago and has no unique code to it.
https://github.com/atcsecure/blocknet/commits/master
legendary
Activity: 882
What does it give value to block token ?!
Activity: 1036
Merit: 275
Why sudden drop in value?  Undecided

Seems like a single seller. It's gone up again.

We're approaching prototype status on the decentralized exchange; there's no conceivable reason I'm aware of that would rationally motivate investors to sell at this point.

There is no point of selling fight now.
Activity: 226
Merit: 100

legendary
Activity: 1697
Merit: 1074
Activity: 714
When will librexcoin be delisted from blocknet

LXC has got to go.

I know the purpose of blocknet is to link all willing participating alts together but I believe Blocknet should aim for a 'clean' launch as to not be associated with ANY shitcoins.

Fibre is awesome, XST is great, XC of course....

but LXC is a pile-o-crap. I have not reviewed the other coin's communities / devs.

Cheers
legendary

Seems like a single seller. It's gone up again.

We're approaching prototype status on the decentralized exchange; there's no conceivable reason I'm aware of that would rationally motivate investors to sell at this point.

Activity: 199
Merit: 100
legendary
I'm not sure how many times I'll need to repeat this, but the following statement is incorrect:

proposal you cite Blockchain as heading towards [...] would require the user to download all the Blocknet coin blockchains in order to use the cross-node features.

We are developing a node-to-node decentralized exchange which *doesn't* require the user to run nodes on every single blockchain (s)he is using. That's the whole point of the Blocknet.
legendary
Activity: 2240
Merit: 1254
Thread-puller extraordinaire
...the cumbersome issue of needing to operate all blockchains at the same time meant they opted for the cleaner Multigateway solution instead which avoids the need for that.

Cumbersome you say?

Centralized I say. Which is no good in my humble opinion.

Ok, odd way to attempt a rebuttal. The cumbersome aspect I refer to is the proposal you cite Blockchain as heading towards, which would require the user to download all the Blocknet coin blockchains in order to use the cross-node features.

So to acknowledge the reference to just how cumbersome that would actually be, by way of disparaging the distributed Multigateway tech by, incorrectly, calling it centralised, isn't actually a rebuttal, it's a, "You say there's a problem? Sure, I'll just . . . look over there something something something!"

...you don't actually appear to even be trying to offer anything different

Ok, now you're just trolling. Need I recall that my words were explicitly that "the Blocknet *is* something different"?

FFS, please lay off on the insta-accusations of trolling whenever someone is attempting to engage you in any meaningful conversation about Blocknet's development.

You keep saying, "Blocknet *is* something different", but everything you have said so far indicates that it isn't really very different at all, other than you regularly alluding to something something something mumble mumble can't say.

Given that your project raised a whole bunch of BTC from the community, I'd say you have something of a responsibility to actually clearly define the what, how and when of Blocknet that is going to be innovative and different because, so far, I've yet to see anything that's new given much of what is being cited as innovative has turned out to be methodologies and tech previously developed/discarded by others months ago.
legendary
Activity: 1414
Merit: 1001
To weird to live To rare to die
When will librexcoin be delisted from blocknet
Activity: 700
Arlyn keep it cool   Wink
legendary
...the cumbersome issue of needing to operate all blockchains at the same time meant they opted for the cleaner Multigateway solution instead which avoids the need for that.

Cumbersome you say?

Centralized I say. Which is no good in my humble opinion.

...you don't actually appear to even be trying to offer anything different

Ok, now you're just trolling. Need I recall that my words were explicitly that "the Blocknet *is* something different"?

What is actually different about Blocknet, now that I've pointed out the tech you cited as being already created and relegated to a minor sub-function by SuperNET?

I guess it's that we'll have an exchange that's actually decentralized, instead of the semi-centralized half-job your friends have churned out.

If they created a decentralized exchange, and then abandoned it, my guess is that they didn't do a good enough job of it and then took the soft option of a centralized exchange. The fact that their solution required that all the blockchains be operated at the same time pretty much sums things up: not a good enough job.

legendary
1. Node-to-node exchange of coins

2. Node-to-node exchange of off-chain entities - not just assets exchanged on a "colored coin" basis.

3. Completely serverless. No groups of servers. No servers at all.

4. No core blockchain, unlike SuperNET, which uses the NXT blockchain. The Blocknet uses the chains of any coins that are involved in a transaction.

Yeah I'm going to go ahead and just point out that this tech/nique has been done already by one of the SuperNET functions and the cumbersome issue of needing to operate all blockchains at the same time meant they opted for the cleaner Multigateway solution instead which avoids the need for that.

So we're still at the point of trying to figure out what Blocknet has which is different to SuperNET. Although, going by your next paragraph, you don't actually appear to even be trying to offer anything different:
For all I care we could happen to be developing the same thing and it wouldn't really change anything: the Blocknet is something different, and I'm excited to break the news in the near future.

So far it appears not that you could be attempting to deliver the same thing, but that you are actually delivering the same thing, only much much later and somewhat inefficiently.

What is actually different about Blocknet, now that I've pointed out the tech you cited as being already created and relegated to a minor sub-function by SuperNET?
legendary
NXT-based assets can be anything but, for the sake of comparison, they now include the superNET coins.

So far I'm getting that Blocknet is intending to implement the things that NXT and superNET already have, but is there anything about this Blocknet decentralised exchange being trumpeted in the last few posts that is actually different or innovative?

1. Node-to-node exchange of coins

2. Node-to-node exchange of off-chain entities - not just assets exchanged on a "colored coin" basis.

3. Completely serverless. No groups of servers. No servers at all.

4. No core blockchain, unlike SuperNET, which uses the NXT blockchain. The Blocknet uses the chains of any coins that are involved in a transaction.

Lastly and most importantly, we don't perceive ourselves to be competing with SuperNET directly or indirectly. I know it might look like we are to those on this site, but you'll all see in the near future that the application of our tech is going to be rather different. As such, I think I'd prefer not to be drawn further into comparisons of the two technologies. For all I care we could happen to be developing the same thing and it wouldn't really change anything: the Blocknet is something different, and I'm excited to break the news in the near future.

legendary
NXT-based assets can be anything but, for the sake of comparison, they now include the superNET coins.

So far I'm getting that Blocknet is intending to implement the things that NXT and superNET already have, but is there anything about this Blocknet decentralised exchange being trumpeted in the last few posts that is actually different or innovative?

Activity: 504
This is seriously awesome news.

Only if it is capable of functioning above and beyond that which already exists within NXT's long established (for crypto), functional and very active decentralised exchange.

So, Syn, what will Blocknet's decentralised exchange do differently?

NXT's exchange is semi-centralized. It's not node-to-node; it involves groups of servers.

Edit: oh wait, that's SuperNET's "decentralized" exchange. The NXT asset exchange is decentralized alright, but you can't trade anything and everything on it, only NXT assets, right?

afaik the supernet one is decentralized. it depends how u distinguish betwenn decentralized and distributed networks
legendary

Only if it is capable of functioning above and beyond that which already exists within NXT's long established (for crypto), functional and very active decentralised exchange.

NXT's exchange is semi-centralized. It's not node-to-node; it involves groups of servers.

Edit: oh wait, that's SuperNET's "decentralized" exchange. The NXT asset exchange is decentralized alright, but you can't trade anything and everything on it, only NXT assets, right?
legendary

Jump to: