Author

Topic: [ANN][Blocknet] truly decentralized exchange | token ecosystem infrastructure - page 253. (Read 1103293 times)

Activity: 115
Merit: 10
Activity: 141
Merit: 100
Activity: 373
Merit: 250
also just received the 10% extra from CoinGateway! Excellent service!
Activity: 196
Fibre Knight
10% on BLOCK received. Thank you COINGATEWAY!
Activity: 593
Merit: 500

now im gone

Yep.....gone.....switched to the util thread.....great....

if the dev talks ,i dont have to come here and at the util threat .
and why you talk about me???
Activity: 118
Merit: 10

now im gone

Yep.....gone.....switched to the util thread.....great....
legendary
Activity: 1414
Merit: 1001
To weird to live To rare to die
Is there an official announcement?
Fibre Knight
Synechist I have an idea, why not have two Blocknet topics:

1 topic strictly limited to only Blocknet discussion
1 topic for any questions/claims/discussions about Dan

Basically I just want us to filter out the BS and have a topic strictly kept to Blocknet. Still I'm seeing a post about Prometheus and now something about liens. The simple way to stop this is to have two topics, one in the announcement section and one in the general section.

It's clear that 2 weeks from now we're still going to be dealing with new Dan FUD. Makes sense to separate it out from the main topic.

I agree. I want to focus on the Blocknet project not a witch hunt by trolls with an axe to grind.
Fibre Knight
congratulations to the blocknet team, the XC team, and atsecure!

Ah, yes....let the work begin!

legendary
Activity: 1344
Merit: 1001
Synechist I have an idea, why not have two Blocknet topics:

1 topic strictly limited to only Blocknet discussion
1 topic for any questions/claims/discussions about Dan

Basically I just want us to filter out the BS and have a topic strictly kept to Blocknet. Still I'm seeing a post about Prometheus and now something about liens. The simple way to stop this is to have two topics, one in the announcement section and one in the general section.

It's clear that 2 weeks from now we're still going to be dealing with new Dan FUD. Makes sense to separate it out from the main topic.
Activity: 46
Merit: 0

I think this type of refutation should have been done when this all started and alot of this would have been avoided. Please elaborate on the bolded part. As in why? Is it true that he cannot program? I started gwbasic in 83 and have a degree in CE with 7 languages (including c++) under my belt but cannot program a coin.

Also please refudiate the Tax lien if it is indeed false. BTW I have a lien on my home so I do-not automatically see this as fuel to prove anything accept the state is throwing it's weight around as they have done with me. My lawyer has been fighting for years, I have irrefutable prove the back taxes owed are incorrect yet I cannot even get it in front of a judge.

Please elaborate on the bolded part. As in why? Is is true that you cannot swim? I started swimming in 1984 and have worked as a lifeguard during the summers in high school under my belt, but I cannot program a coin.

EDIT: having a lien on a home =/= cannot swim...
just like not doing anymore coin reviews =/= cannot program    Grin

legendary
Activity: 3836
Merit: 4969
Doomed to see the future and unable to prevent it

so im confused lol

this is the truth .
now im gone

Ah, so now you want to paste your source?

Thank you. I'll address it.

Let's start with the things that Prometheus states that are factually incorrect:

- "XC is nearing completion". Nope. It hasn't even launched publicly yet. Its a vision of a truly mobile-friendly currency integrated into real world point-of-sale and commerce systems. XC hasn't even completed its initial mobile app, never mind blockchain 2.0 services and everything else.

- "Util is Metcalf's project". Nope. Everyone knows very well that if Dan shifts emphasis even slightly away from XC, all hell would break loose. The 1000+ hours he's personally invested into XC? Gone in a swift dump. XC is Metcalf's project. It's his baby, really.

- My impression of this portion of the conversation between 00Smurf and Prometheus is that Prom is clearly pitching to Smurf. He's making his offer as attractive as he can. And it appears he's mistaken about Dan or perhaps only vaguely aware and stretching the truth in ways that seem ok to him but in fact are way off the mark.

- "We're building our own supernet". This is interesting. The conversations are dated later than when talks about the Blocknet had begun, and they place Util at the centre of the "supernet". This entails that Prometheus did not know Dan's actual plans about the Blocknet.

So, to summarise:
- Prom's picture: Util = his own supernet, Dan "on his team", XC nearing completion.
- Dan's picture: Util = merely a participating coin in the Blocknet, Dan strictly freelance, XC not even launched yet.

Interesting differences of perspectives here. It looks like Prometheus was acting on a combination of partial information and his own intentions for Util. Turns out these diverge sharply from the facts of the matter: Util is not the Blocknet, Dan no longer does any code reviews,  and XC has a long timeline.

So let's not put any weight on Prometheus's claims about Dan being the Util dev. He only said that because he wanted Util to be the Blocknet.
Util isn't the Blocknet. Therefore Dan isn't the Util dev.

I think this type of refutation should have been done when this all started and alot of this would have been avoided. Please elaborate on the bolded part. As in why? Is it true that he cannot program? I started gwbasic in 83 and have a degree in CE with 7 languages (including c++) under my belt but cannot program a coin.

Also please refudiate the Tax lien if it is indeed false. BTW I have a lien on my home so I do-not automatically see this as fuel to prove anything accept the state is throwing it's weight around as they have done with me. My lawyer has been fighting for years, I have irrefutable prove the back taxes owed are incorrect yet I cannot even get it in front of a judge.
legendary
Activity: 1974
Merit: 1010
But genuine, hard questions are very welcome here.

The federal tax lien document was a fake?

I'm not in a position to tell.

But you can read my full response to Leewilson in a FUD thread.

Basically his/her post was an argument based upon that alleged tax lien document, rather than just a presentation of the document.

The argument presented was Lee's usual overextension of hypotheses beyond what the facts can support. Its claim, in a nutshell:
- a tax lien against Dan puts all the Blocknet's funds (and BLOCK) at risk [incorrect: they do not belong to Dan and will not be under Dan's control.]
- therefore Dan is unethical.

So it was yet another piece of insinuating, conspiracy-theorist-style FUD from Leewilson attempting to masquerade as legitimate argument.
Oh, and it was an attempted doxxing. Delete on sight.
And Lee is banned here. Delete on sight.

So Lee's post failed on multiple counts, and should stay in a FUD thread where it belongs.

For investors this is very important information as it would effect us all.  To suggest otherwise doesn't make sense when you consider this basic info...

irs.gov says:

How a lien affects you
-Assets:  A lien attaches to all of your assets (such as property, securities, vehicles) and to future assets acquired during the duration of the lien.
-Credit:  Once the IRS files a Notice of Federal Tax Lien, it may limit your ability to get credit.
-Business:  The lien attaches to all business property and to all rights to business property, including accounts receivable.
-Bankruptcy:  If you file for bankruptcy, your tax debt, lien, and Notice of Federal Tax Lien may continue after the bankruptcy.

Link:  http://www.irs.gov/Businesses/Small-Businesses-&-Self-Employed/Understanding-a-Federal-Tax-Lien

Yes I understand all this.
But it's just of consequence to either the Blocknet or XC.
He doesn't own them. He doesn't control the coins. His business doesn't either.

So unless there's reason to believe that (a) that lien does in fact pertain to Dan, and (b) it also pertains to the Blocknet or XC, it just looks like a gross invasion of privacy.

Obtaining public records is not an invasion of privacy.  As long as these projects are closed source then all investors are at a liability when considering info similar to this potential lien.
legendary
Activity: 1190
Merit: 1000
To commodify ethicality is to ethicise the market

Basically his/her post was an argument based upon that alleged tax lien document, rather than just a presentation of the document.

The argument presented was Lee's usual overextension of hypotheses beyond what the facts can support. Its claim, in a nutshell:
- a tax lien against Dan puts all the Blocknet's funds (and BLOCK) at risk [incorrect: they do not belong to Dan and will not be under Dan's control.]

So it was yet another piece of insinuating, conspiracy-theorist-style FUD from Leewilson attempting to masquerade as legitimate argument.

So Lee's post failed on multiple counts, and should stay in a FUD thread where it belongs.

For investors this is very important information as it would effect us all.  To suggest otherwise doesn't make sense when you consider this basic info...

irs.gov says:

How a lien affects you
-Assets:  A lien attaches to all of your assets (such as property, securities, vehicles) and to future assets acquired during the duration of the lien.
-Credit:  Once the IRS files a Notice of Federal Tax Lien, it may limit your ability to get credit.
-Business:  The lien attaches to all business property and to all rights to business property, including accounts receivable.
-Bankruptcy:  If you file for bankruptcy, your tax debt, lien, and Notice of Federal Tax Lien may continue after the bankruptcy.

Link:  http://www.irs.gov/Businesses/Small-Businesses-&-Self-Employed/Understanding-a-Federal-Tax-Lien

Yes I understand all this.
But it's just of no consequence to either the Blocknet or XC.
He doesn't own them. He doesn't control the coins. His business doesn't either.

So unless there's reason to believe that (a) that lien does in fact pertain to Dan, and (b) it also pertains to the Blocknet or XC, it just looks like a continuation of the smear campaign or a gross invasion of privacy.

Activity: 42
Merit: 0
When does the market open on Bittrex?
legendary
Activity: 1974
Merit: 1010

irs.gov says:

How a lien affects you

[EDIT]  I have no interest in doxing Dan but I am interested in protecting my investment in a reasonable manner.  If you are unable to comment, I"ll look into the matter myself.  Thanks.
legendary
Hmm... is someone digging up old FUD here, or do you have something new to discuss?

Crunch time. Contribute something new or get banned.

Hey synechist if you're serious about this banning then you should setup this XSTerminate;
https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=850210.new#new

It would give you better sleep. I think you can't just stay up 24 hours a day 7 days a week without having health problem.
Will, if you take this seriously then you should setup one.

I've downloaded it, but I haven't gotten python running on Windows yet.

Do you know how to get XSTerminate to run on Windows?

legendary

legendary
Activity: 1008
Hmm... is someone digging up old FUD here, or do you have something new to discuss?

Crunch time. Contribute something new or get banned.

Hey synechist if you're serious about this banning then you should setup this XSTerminate;
https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=850210.new#new

It would give you better sleep. I think you can't just stay up 24 hours a day 7 days a week without having health problem.
Will, if you take this seriously then you should setup one.
legendary

so im confused lol

this is the truth .
now im gone

Ah, so now you want to paste your source?

Thank you. I'll address it.

Let's start with the things that Prometheus states that are factually incorrect:

- "XC is nearing completion". Nope. It hasn't even launched publicly yet. Its a vision of a truly mobile-friendly currency integrated into real world point-of-sale and commerce systems. XC hasn't even completed its initial mobile app, never mind blockchain 2.0 services and everything else.

- "Util is Metcalf's project". Nope. Everyone knows very well that if Dan shifts emphasis even slightly away from XC, all hell would break loose. The 1000+ hours he's personally invested into XC? Gone in a swift dump. XC is Metcalf's project. It's his baby, really.

- My impression of this portion of the conversation between 00Smurf and Prometheus is that Prom is clearly pitching to Smurf. He's making his offer as attractive as he can. And it appears he's mistaken about Dan or perhaps only vaguely aware and stretching the truth in ways that seem ok to him but in fact are way off the mark.

- "We're building our own supernet". This is interesting. The conversations are dated later than when talks about the Blocknet had begun, and they place Util at the centre of the "supernet". This entails that Prometheus did not know Dan's actual plans about the Blocknet.

So, to summarise:
- Prom's picture: Util = his own supernet, Dan "on his team", XC nearing completion.
- Dan's picture: Util = merely a participating coin in the Blocknet, Dan strictly freelance, XC not even launched yet.

Interesting differences of perspectives here. It looks like Prometheus was acting on a combination of partial information and his own intentions for Util. Turns out these diverge sharply from the facts of the matter: Util is not the Blocknet, Dan no longer does any code reviews,  and XC has a long timeline.

So let's not put any weight on Prometheus's claims about Dan being the Util dev. He only said that because he wanted Util to be the Blocknet.
Util isn't the Blocknet. Therefore Dan isn't the Util dev.

Jump to: