Author

Topic: [ANN][Blocknet] truly decentralized exchange | token ecosystem infrastructure - page 277. (Read 1103293 times)

Activity: 756
Merit: 500
So much drama here!  Smiley

The world would be so much better if people would take responsibility for their decisions and actions instead of blaming others.

Dear Blocknet Team!

I'm addressing that to you as well. Why can't you stand out before the community and admit that this whole ITO was fucked up, and you are partially responsible for that even if you could not possibly foresee all the screw-ups and attacks against you?
Most importantly why don't you step up and stand behind your project? If you really believe in Blocknet and that you are capable to implement it, why is it so hard to say that "Guys, we believe in this and will implement it!"

Don't be the team that says "We have this great idea that can change the crypto landscape and have the talented programmers as well to implement it - but you know what? we won't do that." Your current stance is actually quite disturbing, as you basically say: "Well we might go on with the project... it really depends on what the guys at Bittrex are doing."

Did i ever say that?  Blocknet will happen.

Do you mean that people buying at higher prices cannot sell back into the wall? how does it work? Once you buy at higher prices Blocks are locked?

What about the Bitcoins made due to people selling and getting the refunds? Those are still able to withdraw and then arbitrage buying block back at poloniex. Will you halt Bitcoin withdrawal till the end of the Refund period? This is a big incentive for people to sell into the buy wall and arbitrage at polo.

If they sell their BLOCK they purchased at Bittrex back into the wall at Bittrex they are perfectly welcome to take their BTC and go buy block somewhere else if thats what they choose to do.  It is their BTC they can invest how they wish.  There are no arbitrage opportunities as BLOCK cannot be withdrawn or deposited from Bittrex.

We maintain an account for the ICO that has the coins that were being sold and the BTC from those sales for our BUY/SELL walls only.  It is all tracked through there, volume created by people buying above ICO price does not count towards the ICOs total sales.

The statements above only stand for the 48 hour buy back period.

Thank you,

Ryan @ Bittrex
Thank you for your answers Ryan I disagree with your first point but I understand your position.

Since now we have a block explorer can we have the address where the unsold Blocks are kept till the end of the refund period?

with your second point I understand that the bought Blokcs at higher prices are not part of the ITO does this imply that if they sell back into the refund wall those will not be taken into consideration as "refunds"?

Thank you.

Bumping this up

Can you please address the second point and give the address as well?

That k you

Currently all the BLOCKs are at each exchange, trex, polo, bter and coingateway
Has accounting been published of all the real coins dumped on coingateway for BLOCK?  I'd love to know the balances of ALL of the coins you're holding.  After all, this is 2014, that should be readily accessible...right?

Yes that information will be added to the wiki tomorrow
Activity: 19
Merit: 0
Has accounting been published of all the real coins dumped on coingateway for BLOCK?  I'd love to know the balances of ALL of the coins you're holding.  After all, this is 2014, that should be readily accessible...right?
Activity: 476
Merit: 250

Anyone know when trading on BTER will begin?
Activity: 182
Merit: 100
Hmmm, blockcoin is a winner!
You're silly if you sell into wall on Rex, buy more and hold until 2015!
Activity: 478
Probably retarded idea, didn't think this through more than 15 seconds, but toss the idea of converting from coin to coin, and create a new coin where participating coins can burn their old coins in exchange for new ones. This way everyone would use the same coin, and rebuild their services to use that coin. They could even call their coins the same as before, the wallets could look exactly the same as before, but under the hood they'd all be the same. Yes, no, why not?

You would have to make the new coin equal to the total market cap of all the coins in the blocknet in order for everyone to retain their equity. Synechist suggested as much regarding total value of blocknet and was told that this was ridiculous by many people. i personally don't know.
Activity: 910
Merit: 508
ok, folks, relax....watch this
http://www.webcountdown.net/?a=zqXsrez

grab some bear ( like me) & see if Tomorrow is a better one   Smiley
Good night all !

+100

Nighty night everyone!
Activity: 456
Probably retarded idea, didn't think this through more than 15 seconds, but toss the idea of converting from coin to coin, and create a new coin where participating coins can burn their old coins in exchange for new ones. This way everyone would use the same coin, and rebuild their services to use that coin. They could even call their coins the same as before, the wallets could look exactly the same as before, but under the hood they'd all be the same. Yes, no, why not?

Pretty good idea
Activity: 966
Merit: 1003
Please do not delete my posts again asking for help, I have a genuine concern & I'm asking nicely.

Can anyone advise why I cannot trade BLOCK on BTER?

I get this message when trying to sell:

6 hours ago BTER tweeted trading was available: https://twitter.com/btercom/status/530408298906783744 so what's up?
legendary
Activity: 1190
Merit: 1000
To commodify ethicality is to ethicise the market
Just to remind everyone that if the ITO does not succeed, all coins will be refunded.

Therefore selling below the ITO price makes no sense: you'll make a loss on what you'd otherwise break even with.

legendary

I'll ask AGAIN, when will trading on BTER commence? It is STILL locked.

We have tried to make contact with them - starting this morning.

We have not had a response as yet.

Once we receive one I'll let everyone know.

Activity: 504

I'll ask AGAIN, when will trading on BTER commence? It is STILL locked.
Activity: 235
ok, folks, relax....watch this
http://www.webcountdown.net/?a=zqXsrez

grab some bear ( like me) & see if Tomorrow is a better one   Smiley
Good night all !
Activity: 504
@Arlyn

plz, can you or someone from the team with good knowledge of the numbers of raised funds do some calculations and keep us up to date how much was sold and refunded so far?

my own estimate is from numbers that where thrown around in the forum and are now flying around in my head  Tongue

~1100 BTC where raised and ~100 BTC were refunded so far => 1000 BTC minus 150 BTC more refunded on Bittrex would make the IPO fail => Bittrex sellwall from now 330 BTC down below 180 BTC would mean => FAIL??

IPO refund timer:http://www.webcountdown.net/?a=zqXsrez

so, do we know roughly where we are with regads to the amount of BTC raised so far?

We were at about 1100 btc before the buy wall appeard, now with 90 btc sold we are at about 1010 btc

well, I was hoping for some more accurate numbers. no 'about' but rounded to one BTC decimal or so. there must be SOMEONE who knows the numbers, right?

thx
legendary
So much drama here!  Smiley

The world would be so much better if people would take responsibility for their decisions and actions instead of blaming others.

Dear Blocknet Team!

I'm addressing that to you as well. Why can't you stand out before the community and admit that this whole ITO was fucked up, and you are partially responsible for that even if you could not possibly foresee all the screw-ups and attacks against you?

We have, concerning the Poloniex scenario. We apologised.

Most importantly why don't you step up and stand behind your project? If you really believe in Blocknet and that you are capable to implement it, why is it so hard to say that "Guys, we believe in this and will implement it!"

We are not in control of the funds on Bittrex. They will issue a complete refund of those funds in the event of the minimum threshold not being reached.

If this were to happen, the only possible thing that could legitimise our not refunding all the holders who bought elsewhere is if there was a mass-refusal to return BLOCK.

The community could come together and demand that the Blocknet be built and refuse to accept refunds.

Unfortunately I think that the number of people who would do this is small.

Activity: 19
Merit: 0
Activity: 235
The circumstances need a rule change and a good one. And, this 48 h Buy wall was not in any rule.

Very well noted.  BRAVO
Jump to: