Author

Topic: [ANN][Blocknet] truly decentralized exchange | token ecosystem infrastructure - page 343. (Read 1103293 times)

Activity: 201
Merit: 10

I wanted to make a clear and concise statement about all of this mud slinging going around....

As everybody involved with XC's knows I did numerous freelance projects, some of which Prometheus was involved in, like KeyOS and Halc.  Yesterday I was so frustrated with everything that was ALREADY PUBLIC KNOWLEDGE [stated on twitter and in the XC OP/ANN] being portrayed as some type of scam.. Accusing me of being Prometheus, accusing me of being the dev. of numerous coins and half the coins in blocknet...that I simply answered no to any and all questions.   None of these allegations are true, I am DAN METCALF and I have never used any other account than ATCSECURE on this forum.  Nor did I ever participate into any scam's, nor would I ever...  the comments about XC's POW being stopped because I was paid off is a complete fabrication.

What I find most interesting about this amount of FUD is that all the information was already public, and to think that I have all these alias's on this forum is complete insanity.

My full statement on the matter can be viewed at http://www.atcsecure.com/blog/Official_Statement.pdf

Also blocknet's assets and funds will be held in escrow and released as development progress's.  Blocknet is not a scam, but a legitimate project and proof of concept code will be available shortly.

Sincerely,

Dan Metcalf

Ok, now lets move on.

Yes please!  Grin
Activity: 280
Merit: 250
NOT FUD! FACTS!
Also blocknet's assets and funds will be held in escrow and released as development progress's.  Blocknet is not a scam, but a legitimate project and proof of concept code will be available shortly.

Can someone comment on why the exchanges plan on releasing it as soon as the blocknet PoS wallet is ready in 7 to 10 days post pre-sale?  Is there a different escrow besides the exchange being used to track the progress of blocknet & release accordingly?

There is a different escrow
legendary
Activity: 1022
Merit: 1001

I wanted to make a clear and concise statement about all of this mud slinging going around....

As everybody involved with XC's knows I did numerous freelance projects, some of which Prometheus was involved in, like KeyOS and Halc.  Yesterday I was so frustrated with everything that was ALREADY PUBLIC KNOWLEDGE [stated on twitter and in the XC OP/ANN] being portrayed as some type of scam.. Accusing me of being Prometheus, accusing me of being the dev. of numerous coins and half the coins in blocknet...that I simply answered no to any and all questions.   None of these allegations are true, I am DAN METCALF and I have never used any other account than ATCSECURE on this forum.  Nor did I ever participate into any scam's, nor would I ever...  the comments about XC's POW being stopped because I was paid off is a complete fabrication.

What I find most interesting about this amount of FUD is that all the information was already public, and to think that I have all these alias's on this forum is complete insanity.

My full statement on the matter can be viewed at http://www.atcsecure.com/blog/Official_Statement.pdf

Also blocknet's assets and funds will be held in escrow and released as development progress's.  Blocknet is not a scam, but a legitimate project and proof of concept code will be available shortly.

Sincerely,

Dan Metcalf

Ok, now lets move on.
Activity: 154
Merit: 100
Also blocknet's assets and funds will be held in escrow and released as development progress's.  Blocknet is not a scam, but a legitimate project and proof of concept code will be available shortly.

Can someone comment on why the exchanges plan on releasing it as soon as the blocknet PoS wallet is ready in 7 to 10 days post pre-sale?  Is there a different escrow besides the exchange being used to track the progress of blocknet & release accordingly?
Activity: 226
Basically, what Dan is saying, is that he did not know that Prometheus was a piece of shit.  Prometheus can act "ethical" in public forums, but the skype screenshots show his true colors.  He is a piece of shit P&D scammer.  Prometheus must still be kicked from BlockNET.
Activity: 161
Merit: 10

Is there a timeframe for the xbridge code to be released?

Is there a target date or deadline for this?
Activity: 226

Sincerely,

Dan Metcalf

Thanks Dan.  I'm sorry that all this FUD has been thrown on to you.  It is almost all speculation and all the "evidence" that has been provided can be interpreted MULTIPLE ways.  I for one believe that you did not act unethically in any of your dealings.  You have my support and I look forward to the continued development of BlockNET and XC.
Activity: 58
Merit: 0
Activity: 280
NOT FUD! FACTS!

Sincerely,

Dan Metcalf

FUCK YOU FUDDERS!!! GET A REAL JOB NOW!
Activity: 700
Merit: 500
Thank you Dan. I know it was tough. Take care and just focus on the tech as usual
Activity: 182
Activity: 756

Sincerely,

Dan Metcalf

Activity: 56
Merit: 0
I'm ready to buy in, when ITO price is almost half of the current price. Good luck to this project Roll Eyes

This is better than nothing, there is too much ITO/ICO out there that developers make it a living and such works are disgrace to the crypto world and satoshi nakamoto.

Money before technology first, where it must be working tech first before money comes in.

Good work btw.

You're a liar or hypocrite. Pick one.
Prop don't know I do not use linux I used the Windows version and worked fine.
Activity: 252
I'm ready to buy in, when ITO price is almost half of the current price. Good luck to this project Roll Eyes
Activity: 658
The Buck Stops Here.
The wallet doesn't compile.This is for QT.

Code:
make: *** [build/statisticspage.o] Error 1
make: *** Waiting for unfinished jobs....
In file included from src/bitcoinrpc.h:16:0,
                 from src/init.cpp:7:
src/json/json_spirit_writer_template.h: In function ‘String_type json_spirit::non_printable_to_string(unsigned int)’:
src/json/json_spirit_writer_template.h:31:50: warning: typedef ‘Char_type’ locally defined but not used [-Wunused-local-typedefs]
         typedef typename String_type::value_type Char_type;

For the regular daemon, it's even worse. Too many files that aren't even present. Just out of curiosity, has anyone been able to actually compile this?

Code:
skein.c: At global scope:
skein.c:1253:1: fatal error: opening dependency file obj/skein.d: No such file or directory
 }
 ^
compilation terminated.
bmw.c: At global scope:
bmw.c:964:1: fatal error: opening dependency file obj/bmw.d: No such file or directory
 }
 ^
compilation terminated.
blake.c: At global scope:
blake.c:1119:1: fatal error: opening dependency file obj/blake.d: No such file or directory
 }
 ^
compilation terminated.
make: *** [obj/skein.o] Error 1
make: *** Waiting for unfinished jobs....
groestl.c: At global scope:
groestl.c:3122:1: fatal error: opening dependency file obj/groestl.d: No such file or directory
 }
 ^
compilation terminated.
make: *** [obj/bmw.o] Error 1
make: *** [obj/blake.o] Error 1
make: *** [obj/groestl.o] Error 1
legendary
Activity: 1470
Merit: 1000
cryptocollectorsclub.com
I think that all this FAILED FUD campaign against the block-net ITO and the XC team is really showing off for what it really is with the appearence of compleatly idiotic threads like this one.

https://bitcointalksearch.org/topic/m.9403449

We are dealing with real kids playing the gangster game that switched from mommy weekly pay to the fudsters groups 0.50 BTC pay per week.

Anyway this have brought lot of new eyes into both projects. This can be used wisely as free advertising if we deliver the tech in the right moment and we nail down the official announcement and press release about all this situation.

The FUD can be used to our advantage as it is mostly coming from the shadows and competitors. People that are offering less and don't want this to succeed. They are hiding their identities for a reason. Yet, they have worked hard to get lots of attention on the project, and that can actually be a positive if managed right.

What is important is the technology itself as a long term investment, potentially, and really, whomever has the skills can code it. The branding is very good, and the general marketing outside of Bitcointalk is also very good. What matters from here I think is having people with real identities on the Blocknet foundation, people that have solid backgrounds that overall people will trust. Along with the solid coders already behind it. Then escrows in place, so even then, you don't have to trust those personal reputations alone. All the FUD could then be a positive compared to other some options backed by just anonymous people. It could be a great thing for bloggers to write about, trust, reputation, technology, and obviously, drama! I think we should go for the win here rather than worry about the price the second the ITO ends. Why not?
Activity: 504
If they sell for example for 1000 BTC what happens to the rest 1500BTC/Block?

It will be destroyed.

That means normally that the worth from one block will rise automatical I guess  Smiley and when the network is in action I get higher fees ?
Is this right?

Correct  Smiley

no thats not correct, ppls will dump blocknet till they have delivered something usable in Q2 2015. I offer bets that blocknet will loose on value after the ito. Up to 5btc, pm me.

I would say the same if i would like to buy cheaper, it can go up aswell if devs come up with updates. Blocknet is very popular right now because of it's concept and some haters talk. If the devs just mind their own goals and work on this concept i can see it explode.

I wait until tomorrow cause I have the feeling BTC is about 250 Euro. Then I buy a few more Block.

Can anybody explain is the delevopment in all other partiziapting coins involved?
What do you thinc about Sonic? The price seems pretty good and the partizipating coins will rise too I guess.

Activity: 882
Merit: 1000
So he funded them cause he believes in it. how does this affect blocknet? people need to understand one thing. a corrupt coin doesn't make or break the blocknet. if util is shady and a scam nobody will use them on or of the blocknet. the bridge doesn't give them any advantage if they don't deliver high quality tech and if they do with a pumper as investor but it works fine i'm more than willing to try it through xbridge. the foundation is still likely to drop projects of its seat if they happen to not deliver but it doesn'T affect blocknets usability or advantage for participating coins one bit. if Blocknet will be come what i envision it to be seeing coins fail on the blocknet will be just as commen as of the blocknet. the foundation seat will be an indicator of the legitimacy of a project but this can only be determined through the delivery of promised developments. i don't observe util so i don't know if they are behind in this regard.

Util could serve an interesting role in this process so let me make a proposition:

since prom and Dan make contradicting comments its really an unhealthy scenario for them to sit on the foundation together (depending on proms role, say in util, still not shure here)

Util could be the first of many coins that isn't part of the foundation first but still enables the xbridge to give their user the advantages of blocknet. by delivering the technology and doing well they could gain their seat on blocknet.

So the foundation seat is a vehicle of verification but the acces tool Xbridge will really become open source. and if million shitcoins implement it it doesn't hurt the good coins one bit since they are still not part of the foundation. the only way they could capitalise from blocknet would be delivering unique tech and by so they are no shitclones anymore. the good coins on blocknet would benefit from even bigger trafic for their good technology.

That's a solid perspective.

I don't really see the integrity, functionality, or development of the BlockNET being thrown into question here.

I do see the reputation of several involved parties being thrown into question and until all of that gets sorted out the community and the market's sentiment towards BlockNET is not going to be all that favorable, meaning the value of our BLOCK is being thrown into question.

But, I suppose if we believe in the project and are willing to hold long-term and/or accumulate more if the price drops, it doesn't really matter as long as the BlockNET comes to fruition as planned.

thank you.
the reputation of single a entity reflects on blocknet only now since it is still in its child shoes and people percieve it more as a "crypto avengers club" than what it actually is. its a decentralised gateway that makes cross use of features of coins possible for a fee.
the more it grows in number of coins attached the better and a "bad coin" doesn't affect my holdings one bit. everything you see on the internet you will eventually see on the blocknet. it just enhances the possibilities of my own holding to generate income if its a quality coin. and by so it will drive the buy pressure of said good coins also. a scam coin can't capitalise on the selection process happening on blocknet. its rather the opposite.

thats why i am for the process of picking foundation members through the foundation but making the xbridge available to everyone.

i'm just not afraid of scamcoins beeing on blocknet. thats one of the main advantages of blocknet. it focuses the selection process of where to put my money towards income generating feature sets rather than an anticipated use you can't define. its a constant real life market study that will be easy to follow by looking at the top "cross use" performers. i'm sure this will be possible in some way.

Even if this happen that does not change the fee algo of what their post was about will it?
Jump to: