Pages:
Author

Topic: [ANN][Blocknet] truly decentralized exchange | token ecosystem infrastructure - page 37. (Read 1103293 times)

Activity: 771
Merit: 521
Introduction to Blocknet - Click to play

Activity: 546
Merit: 128
Activity: 240
Merit: 101
Activity: 854
Merit: 257
Just under 2 hours until the beta launch of our decentralized exchange and the reveal of the new branding via a live stream with VSA Partners!  10:30 CT / 16:30 UTC, 1st March. Stay tuned for the live link!
Activity: 82
Merit: 11
it is the day of the days

the moment in history where things turn around

a real tipping point

I wish I would have bought more BLOCK

+:)

Blocknet Co-Founder Arlyn Culwick has been interviewed by Alex on the Crypto Candor YouTube Channel. Click to Play

i actually own a lot of blocknet but i know surprisingly little about it. what is the tx/sec that blocknet is capable of processing? is there also a future road map? i know major companies like binance have an open csi question to the world asking for a platform that can manage 1m tx/sec. im wondering how scalable this project is relative to others.

Hi. Please review the last few posts and newsletters from our Blog that cover the most recent events including the Roadmap. https://medium.com/@theblocknetchannel
Activity: 896
Merit: 553
i actually own a lot of blocknet but i know surprisingly little about it. what is the tx/sec that blocknet is capable of processing? is there also a future road map? i know major companies like binance have an open csi question to the world asking for a platform that can manage 1m tx/sec. im wondering how scalable this project is relative to others.

A lot? So you aren't tuning a node?
Activity: 122
Merit: 10
cant wait for next few months!!!
Activity: 1328
Merit: 563
MintDice.com | TG: t.me/MintDice
Activity: 142
Merit: 100
how is the status of the multispv wallet? i think direct atomic swaps will be too expensive if you want botting and daytrading...
Activity: 371
Merit: 252
Any idea on the status of Omni assets to be useable on the Blocknet? Agoras is being delisted next month from Bittrex and would be nice to see them supported on Block's dex.

Keep up the good work devs, next month is going to be am exciting one!
Activity: 31
Merit: 1
Whats the difference bettewen Blocknet and Cryptobridge?
There are a few, but I'll stick to the 2 main differences.

Blocknet is a trustless interoperability protocol that enables the transfer of data and value across different blockchains. The Blocknet DEX is built on this protocol. Anyone else can build a DEX or other services using this protocol as well and liquidity is shared among all the services.

Blocknet DEX is also trustless while cryptobridge is not. A few weeks ago cryptobridge users were having issues with deposits and withdrawals where the team had to help the users out. This is one of a few key indicators for whether an exchange is truly decentralized or of it is a hybrid exchange. With a trustless DEX like Blocknet's,  every trade is done from the users own wallet. The only support the Blocknet team would be able to give is usability related since everything else is trustless.
Activity: 9
Merit: 0
Whats the difference bettewen Blocknet and Cryptobridge?
Activity: 155
Merit: 11
https://bitbay.market
Just a heads up... I'm assuming you guys have this covered.

This was told to us in a recent convo about size of hashes

David,
Just for your info...
Blocknet is already aware.

https://gist.github.com/markblundeberg/7a932c98179de2190049f5823907c016

https://github.com/bitcoin/bips/blob/master/bip-0180.mediawiki (edited)

Here is 86B's response on this glitch

86b - Yesterday at 10:33 PM

"Doesn’t apply to Blocknet as mentioned here:
    ""The atomic swaps from decred's setup look to be accidentally immune since the supported cryptocurrencies appear to all be forked from bitcoin and thus have  the same 520 byte limit.""

"We dont support instances where this can be gamed, and we thoroughly vet our coins as we add them to prevent this from occurring altogether.  Also, the xbridge itself is automatically generating the raw transactions involved in trades and anything done manually will be rejected by the DX platform itself"

My response is as follows...

Hey so that second comment had me a little bit concerned. If the xbridgde is a 3rd party and they make the raw they cannot know the hash in advance. If a 3rd party knows the hash then they can collude on the deal by brokering their own trade.

The hash is a secret that must only be known to the person selling X-Coin for Y-Coin

As long as blocknet only supports coins of 520 bytes you have nothing to worry about

but if anything bigger or smaller is chosen for trading pair then indeed a size check must happen on the hash
Activity: 50
Activity: 29
Merit: 0
Hmm my wallet says "Staking not active" despite being unlocked. Why is this?
Could be that you don't have any mature coins in your wallet.  Also, if you have a node, I'm pretty sure that you have to move reward coins in the client wallet from the locked client address to a different wallet address after you receive them in order for them to stake.
Activity: 14
Just wanted to swing by and say thanks to the dev team for creating Block Net... Ive been hodling for over 6 months now and plan on hodling for quite a while. Its probably my favorite coin and I look forward to seeing this new user interface in action. Thanks!
Pages:
Jump to: