Author

Topic: [ANN][Blocknet] truly decentralized exchange | token ecosystem infrastructure - page 449. (Read 1103293 times)

Activity: 540
Merit: 500
Interesting, will be buying some.
Activity: 84
Merit: 10
I have just invested in a load of stealth, apex, sonic and fibre.  Crossing fingers! Smiley
Activity: 952
Merit: 515
2500 BTC, oh, I will not be in! Market price will be under ICO price very soon like other shit coins!!! It's a bigger hole than supernet!!!

People complaining about the ICO and calling it a scam needs to compare Blocknet to Supernet.

Supernet raised something like 5700+/- btc for their ICO and they require 10% of the supported coins to be controlled by Supernet.  Blocknet is only looking to raise 2500btc at most and will destroy anything not sold.  All participating coins join for free.  They do not require 10% of the chosen coin's supply to join.  Blocknet is not selling or using a central currency like Supernet's BitcoinDark.  Participating coins work with each other directly.  

The amount of funds raised by Blocknet is only a fraction of the overall funds raised and controlled by Supernet.

Also, there are a lot people that keep calling Blocknet, XC or XC's project.  Blocknet is not just XC.  Dan from XC proposed it and I guess you could say he is heading the project but its not just XC like everyone tries to make it.  Its an open project between participating coins.  All the devs will be working on it and towards the overall goals.

Another note...  There are a lot of complaints/concerns about some of the coins involved being 'whale coins' or controlled by pump and dump groups.  For a few of the coins that is true but you can also say that about almost any coins.  They almost all have their whales and their pump and dumps.  Its just part of the scene right now.  Here's something to consider though.  While the coin supply may be controlled by a few, I think the coins themselves are not what is drawn to the Blocknet project.  I think the competent devs behind the coins and some of the potential tech that the coin offers is why they are part of the project.  If you didn't add a coin because of who owned the actual coins, you wouldn't have much to pick from.

If it all comes together, it could be a pretty cool deal.  If not, there will be plenty of you ready to attack so I'm sure they'll pull it together.  

Right guys before posting here something wrong please read the Q&A on the first page. Great explained!

This 2500 BTC is only a maximum. And I think it will be reached in 24 hours, because this is a Game Changer. Why? A lot of Cryptocurrencies want to join the Blocknet if it is set up in my opinion. Why? You cannot afford such a system with a single Cryptocurrency.. get your IT Skills right and calculate what an IT Infrastructure cost. It's a lot...

Why else?
Now Cryptocurrencies get a real purpose.. it started last week with CANN (in my opinion even if the investors don't believe) and now it continues with Blocknet.

Isn't it cool to have Applications running on Blocknet for the real world and earning fees for that?  If you hit the demand it will be successful.
legendary
Activity: 2310
Merit: 1000
2500 BTC, oh, I will not be in! Market price will be under ICO price very soon like other shit coins!!! It's a bigger hole than supernet!!!

People complaining about the ICO and calling it a scam needs to compare Blocknet to Supernet.

Supernet raised something like 5700+/- btc for their ICO and they require 10% of the supported coins to be controlled by Supernet.  Blocknet is only looking to raise 2500btc at most and will destroy anything not sold.  All participating coins join for free.  They do not require 10% of the chosen coin's supply to join.  Blocknet is not selling or using a central currency like Supernet's BitcoinDark.  Participating coins work with each other directly.  

The amount of funds raised by Blocknet is only a fraction of the overall funds raised and controlled by Supernet.

Also, there are a lot people that keep calling Blocknet, XC or XC's project.  Blocknet is not just XC.  Dan from XC proposed it and I guess you could say he is heading the project but its not just XC like everyone tries to make it.  Its an open project between participating coins.  All the devs will be working on it and towards the overall goals.

Another note...  There are a lot of complaints/concerns about some of the coins involved being 'whale coins' or controlled by pump and dump groups.  For a few of the coins that is true but you can also say that about almost any coins.  They almost all have their whales and their pump and dumps.  Its just part of the scene right now.  Here's something to consider though.  While the coin supply may be controlled by a few, I think the coins themselves are not what is drawn to the Blocknet project.  I think the competent devs behind the coins and some of the potential tech that the coin offers is why they are part of the project.  If you didn't add a coin because of who owned the actual coins, you wouldn't have much to pick from.

If it all comes together, it could be a pretty cool deal.  If not, there will be plenty of you ready to attack so I'm sure they'll pull it together.  

Activity: 125
Merit: 100
legendary
Is there a minimum buy in for the Tokens?

The price per BlockNet token will be 0.00025 BTC , the minimum buy in will depend on exchanges regulations
Activity: 84
Is there a minimum buy in for the Tokens?
legendary
Can anyone point me in the direction of the rules regarding buying the blocknet tokens with a currency like XC.  I'm thinking what's the deal with purchasing them if you can purchase them with multiple currencies?

Thanks for any help

Where can I buy Blocknet or is it just buying the coins that are part of Blocknet? As I have some of them already

When ITO starts there will be sell walls of BlockNet tokens on Bittrex , Poloniex , Bter - pairs BTC/BLOCK

You will be able to buy also BlockNet tokens on coingateway.net with participating currencies at a 10% discount , there will be custom page created for it

You have to figure out the best way for you, we will see also what the prices of participating currencies are when ITO starts

After ITO, BlockNet shares will be still tradeable on mentioned exchanges , BLOCK/BTC pairs will stay there

Are we able to sell the tokens for BTC after the sale is over?

Yup. At Bittrex, Poloniex, Bter, and Coingateway.

The BTC:BLOCK pairing will continue until tokens are redeemable for NHZ assets (when fee payouts begin).

How we will know when the ITO starts? is there not way we can register to let us know when all this is happening, like email newslater?

The BlockNet`s ITO will begin on 29 October 2014 and will last probably a week, depends also on how fast shares are being bought, more details will follow soon

There is a lot of useful info too in the BlockNet OP https://bitcointalksearch.org/topic/m.9269803 and BlockNet FAQ https://bitcointalksearch.org/topic/m.9269808

legendary
Activity: 961
Can anyone point me in the direction of the rules regarding buying the blocknet tokens with a currency like XC.  I'm thinking what's the deal with purchasing them if you can purchase them with multiple currencies?

Thanks for any help

Where can I buy Blocknet or is it just buying the coins that are part of Blocknet? As I have some of them already

When ITO starts there will be sell walls of BlockNet tokens on Bittrex , Poloniex , Bter - pairs BTC/BLOCK

You will be able to buy also BlockNet tokens on coingateway.net with participating currencies at a 10% discount , there will be custom page created for it

You have to figure out the best way for you, we will see also what the prices of participating currencies are when ITO starts

After ITO, BlockNet shares will be still tradeable on mentioned exchanges , BLOCK/BTC pairs will stay there

The BTC:BLOCK pairing will continue until tokens are redeemable for NHZ assets (when fee payouts begin).

How we will know when the ITO starts? is there not way we can register to let us know when all this is happening, like email newslater?
legendary

Thanks for any help

legendary
Activity: 961
Activity: 67
Futurest
Can anyone point me in the direction of the rules regarding buying the blocknet tokens with a currency like XC.  I'm thinking what's the deal with purchasing them if you can purchase them with multiple currencies?

Thanks for any help
Activity: 40
Merit: 0
If Bitcoin was added to the blocknet it would gain all those features without risk to its self. It would be epic!

This would be epic!
Activity: 161
Sir Synechist,

Charlie Shrem is saying ALT coins are dead with the new whitepaper on Sidechains. Care to respond to his comments on twitter? If ALT are dead, will the Blocknet host the Sidechains or the other way around Wink

They are going to clone all the innovative alts and make sidechains based on them. The monopoly power of bitcoin will be used to push adoption of these clones and destroy the originals. So they will not only be stealing innovation and destroying equity, their plan will also have a chilling effect on future innovation in this space. Why would a brilliant person develop a new coin only to have it stolen by the monopoly? A sane alternative would be the blocknet, where everyone is free to innovate and compete, but try telling that to bitcoiners.

That...That actually makes sense. If Bitcoin sidechains do happen, then there would be no incentive for further innovation to happen in the cryptocurrency world. Blocknet would probably be the solution to that, a way out of the Bitcoin monopoly.

If Bitcoin was added to the blocknet it would gain all those features without risk to its self. It would be epic!
Activity: 223
Merit: 132
I think sidechains are a potentially brilliant evolution of bitcoin, and, in turn, altcoin devs will have to evolve to work their ideas in a sidechain, or find an even better case and application for their altcoins.  

Of course, it could go either way.  The sidechain coding could just fail, I believe it is more concept than anything at this point.  If it succeeds, it may be rejected by a majority of the mining community or devs when that debate resolves, which would effectively kill it.  

In any case, I hope sidechains do become a reality at some point, as much as I've enjoyed the altcoin ride.

edit: I found this article interesting regarding sidechains, for those interested, although it is from april.

The debating is starting to heat up:
http://insidebitcoins.com/news/blockstream-releases-highly-anticipated-sidechains-white-paper/25623
Activity: 182
Sir Synechist,

Charlie Shrem is saying ALT coins are dead with the new whitepaper on Sidechains. Care to respond to his comments on twitter? If ALT are dead, will the Blocknet host the Sidechains or the other way around Wink

They are going to clone all the innovative alts and make sidechains based on them. The monopoly power of bitcoin will be used to push adoption of these clones and destroy the originals. So they will not only be stealing innovation and destroying equity, their plan will also have a chilling effect on future innovation in this space. Why would a brilliant person develop a new coin only to have it stolen by the monopoly? A sane alternative would be the blocknet, where everyone is free to innovate and compete, but try telling that to bitcoiners.

That...That actually makes sense. If Bitcoin sidechains do happen, then there would be no incentive for further innovation to happen in the cryptocurrency world. Blocknet would probably be the solution to that, a way out of the Bitcoin monopoly.
Activity: 585
Merit: 500
all are picture,no word
Activity: 95
Looking Forward To The BlockNet 'Build-Out' . . .

I mentioned the blocknet as a proposed alternative to "pegged sidechains" for bitcoin on a reddit thread.

http://www.reddit.com/r/Bitcoin/comments/2k070h/enabling_blockchain_innovations_with_pegged

A criticism offered was that a full node and miners would have to keep track of every single blockchain. How will each node on different blockchains "keep up" with other blockchains?

Thanks, very excited about the potential of this!

Thanks. Interesting perspective.

Miners aren't necessary in a PoS blockchain.

As for the matter of having to keep track of every single blockchain, that's not really true.
- the issue is that you'd need a way to tell that the other party has paid you, and vice versa
- since you're not on the other chain, you can't tell whether the other party has paid.
- so a decentralised exchange service could, say, set up an atomic group_sig (m-of-m) transaction between buyer and seller, and the two payments would happen as one indivisible contract.
- the chain that the exchange is built on would record this (this chain need not even be the chain of one of the coins in the tx)
- and your wallet would track this chain.

Done (hypothetically. I'm just riffing here; haven't heard from the devs yet).

Interesting Read, Great Dialogue . . .
 Cool
Activity: 478
Merit: 250
Sir Synechist,

Activity: 182
Sir Synechist,

Charlie Shrem was convicted of unlicensed transactions as well as using bitcoin to trade Drugs on silkroad. He's in the same field as Bob Pierce, the alleged child molester. Those former(shrem) and current(pierce) members of the bitcoinfoundation are the last people on earth to listen to.
Jump to: